Start by marking “Completely Smitten: Hers for the Weekend” as Want to Read:
Completely Smitten: Hers for the Weekend

Completely Smitten: Hers for the Weekend

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,121 ratings  ·  63 reviews
THE EDUCATION OF HALEY

Haley Foster had lived her entire life in a box. Guided by her preacher father and the residents of her tiny hometown as to what to do, what to wear and even who to marry, she'd lost herself along the way. But no more. Now she was going to live on her own terms and do all the things good preachers' daughters didn't do. Starting with Kevin Harmon.

The i
Published January 21st 2014 by Harlequin (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Completely Smitten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Completely Smitten

Splage
The Susan Mallery story is a Harlequin reprint. I only read the Susan Mallery book Completely Smitten. The first 150 pages rolled along, not to exciting, very clean. The heroine Haley was way to sheltered and naive for me. She had never been away from home until she meets the hero, Kevin. She ran away from her fiancee after he voiced doubts about their upcoming marriage, which was a bright move by her because he was a a selfish, ugly, controlling dork who was preparing to be an associate ministe ...more
HÜLYA
Pembe Cadillac.Susan Mallery
Uzun zamandır böylesine keyif verici ve komik bir kitap okumamıştım...Romatik komedi tarzındaki bu kitabı okurken bazen düşündürücü bazende kahkahalarımı atmadan duramadım..Bazı anları isi çok romantik idi..Erkek kahraman Kevin Harmon için romantik demek biraz hayalcilik olurdu..

Ama hayatına bomba gibi giren ve uzun zamandır korunaklı bir hayat sürmüş Haley Foster Kevin'in hayatını kökten değiştirecekti..Haley ise muhtemel bir evliliğe zorlansa da bu fikir ona bir yer
Lady Allison
For the Susan Mallery story only.

I am a huge fan of SM, but this one just wasn't for me.

Kevin is a US Marshall & Haley is a minister's daughter on the run from people running her life. She's 25, a virgin in all things, & trying to experience everything almost in one fell swoop it seems. The love happened so quickly, the whole story was hard to believe. I liked the premise a lot, but the follow through wasn't very strong. A disappointing read.

Still love Susan Mallery!
Dec 06, 2011 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Horny Amish women. And Beth because she gets me.
Susan Mallory MUST be a good writer, because the premise of this book is just TERRIBLE but I couldn't stop listening to it anyway.

I mean REALLY. What cave did this girl grow up in?!!?!?! The only 25 year old girl in this day and age that is THIS naive is Amish. And they have probably watched animals have sex so they have more of a clue than this chick.

Totally ass backwards characters.

And yet.... I enjoyed it. What the hell?
Lesley
This review is for Completely Smitten only.

I have to confess..I did NOT like this book in the beginning. I read the first 3 chapters and then put it away. The heroine was so green, she had hayseeds in her hair. NO ONE could possibly be that naive! Not to mention the fact that she never.shut.up. This woman blathered on and on about how sheltered she was growing up and how inexperienced and naive she is as a result. It was almost like she was talking about someone else, the way she talked about he
Jessica
COMPLETELY SMITTEN is the sweet story of Haley, a naive preacher's daughter who was never allowed to explore past what was socially acceptable of her and Kevin, a US Marshal whose bad boy past is the total opposite of Haley's life. Their lives cross paths when he is wounded in a prison riot and she offers to drive him home.

Having read other Susan Mallery books, I looked forward to this one. The only hesitation I had was that until now, I'd only read from the Fools Gold series. Would I miss thos
Patty
About a year ago, I read what I thought was my first Susan Mallery book. I found her books to be fun, humorous and easy to read. So over the last year I have read six of her books. When I checked out Smitten, I also checked out Sunset Bay by Susan Mallery. Which was when I discovered I had read Mallery before. Sunset Bay was too familiar to not be a reread. So I stopped reading that and turned to Completely Smitten.

As I have said many times, romances are an escape for me. I read them to get away
Jessica
I really enjoyed the first story. I kept wishing for something to happen between Haley and Kevin. After awhile, I wanted them to wait, which proved what great characters they were.
The second story was great. I loved that they were such good friends first. I could definitely read more about the characters in either book.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This review is for Completely Smitten.

This was my first Susan Mallery book and it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. The heroine, Haley, was extremely naive. I get that she was sheltered. She mentioned it a million and two times. Sheltered or not...not being able to say the word naked is just a little unbelievable.

The hero was a little too wrapped up in what he thought was his shameful background. He's a U.S. Marshal who is haunted by the fact that he stole a car when he was like fourteen or
Meg Myers
I looooooved both of these books! Normally you dont find two great books in one! I recently picked up this book at a book sale at my local walmart that was to support the wvu childrens hospital. I bought 15 books...about 5 were Susan Mallerys that I was missing! I only paid $7 for all these books and I cant wait to read them all. I hope they all are as good as I found these ones! I always enjoy reading Susan's work. She makes the reader really understand and be able to connect to the characters. ...more
Harman
I haven't read a Susan Mallery book in awhile. I didn't even know this book existed until I saw it at Target. Afterwards I ran to the library and got it. I twas SO worth it. I loved it. The whole plot was amazing. I have to salute Mallery's choice in character's. A previous bad boy and a priest's daughter? Good Lord amazing choice. I have to say Mallery is one of my favorite authors. Keep working hard Susan!

This book came with another book that I read previously. I was hesitant about reading it,
Patricia Solla
Want a cute, loveable romance to read then Completely Smitten is right up your alley. This story takes the term 'good girl' to a whole new level. The 'bad boy' is our typical male with a history of a wild side but is an honorable man. The story is light hearted and wonderfully romantic.
The extra tale Hers for the Weekend by Tanya Michaels takes the meaning of an independent woman to a whole new level. This story is about a young woman truly finding herself and seeing her family in a whole new li
Allison Hankammer
Sometimes I just wish these stories had an Epilogue Damnit. I read fast but I do get curious to know what they decided to do?
Rebecca Dean
Enjoyable reads. I loved the Haley-character. Fun, light summer reading. I was looking for "clean romance" and I ALMOST got it in this book. Same for Tanya Michaels book - ALMOST clean romance. It just seems they can't stop themselves from getting into tooooooooooo manyyyyyyyyyy detailsssssssssss. So much better to remember what is was like when that first guy just was going to hold your hand and your "yearning" for that is such a great moment in time. Why can't writers get that - do we have to ...more
Kim Scott
I love these 2 for 1 books. It's a great way to find new authors while reading older books from authors you love. Both of these books were great. My only complaint is that this edition of Susan Mallery's book came out after one that really comes after it.
Lorna
Another Kindle vacation library checkout. The stories were cute enough but the reason it gets 2 rather than 3 stars is WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? I kept feeling that the first one was an unpublished story from the 50s dusted off and given a few modern references. While not a preacher's kid, I lived a pretty sheltered young life in rural Indiana in the *70s* and I was nowhere near THAT naive! And the all-or-nothing militant feminist or meek, downtrodden hausfrau attitude of the second heroine bugged m ...more
Farzan
Probably I'm not a good reviewer for Susan Mallery's books but every time that I'm reading one of her books, I just feel that how natural and real her books are. I liked the way she depicted the complexity of Haley's life and how naive and amateur she was against real world , not the actual world that she was living. Kevin was the perfect male character that most of the time we observe in the mosr romance books, handsome, caring, brave and sense of humor ... the only thing that bugged me, was th ...more
★Meghan★
This book was fairly good. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it wasn't anything completely boring either. I loved the girls character when she lived on the "wild" side. Her excitement was amazing. However the book is pretty unrealistic for a human (non-paranormal) romance. However the male lead doesn't seem like one hot gentleman, he does seem like one of those that has a big enough heart to make him seem like one sexy man over time. This book did not bore me, but it kept me fairly entertained ...more
Nancy Brooks
Compelling story...liked it very much.
Kasey
I started this book and immediately thought I wasn't going to like it. Haley is so naive it verges on well for lack of a better word stupidity at first. I just did not think I would like her. But I decided to keep going. While Haley isn't my favorite type of leading lady she did grow on me and I could see why Kevin fell in love with her. It was a sweet slow paced love story without to much emotional turmoil. It was a fairly light read and I did enjoy it in the end.
JoAnne
This book was a twofer and I enjoyed both. Storyline of Completely Smitten was unexpected but a fun read. Would have liked it to continue to see what would happen next. Second story was a typical romance and fun to see how the story evolved. Haven't read anything by Tanya Michaels before but will look for other books by her. Would recommend both especially as a beach read with the nicer weather supposed to be coming.
Maria
Completely delightful. The characters are wonderful and funny and great to get to know. Susan Mallery takes this unusual premise and runs with it, ending with an unlikely romance and a great read.

The extra book, Hers for the Weekend by Tanya Michaels, was a bonus, again with wonderful characters, although it did get a bit repetitive from time to time.
Ty
this book was very predictable. I had a hard time placing the blonde. Was she just an airhead or was she just lonely. I gave it a 3 because it had some cute parts and a unique story. I did read the other book in the series and liked it more but it didn't tie into this one.
Season
I thought Completely Smitten was an okay read, I really was expecting more, so I was left wanting. The Second book, Hers for the Weekend was a slightly better story, although i think it moved along a little faster, not spending enough time before the end.
Tawnya
Excellent book! After purchasing I realized I had already read Completely Smitten a few years ago, but it was well worth rereading and adding this copy to my collection. And reading Hers for the Weekend, now I have another author to look for. Thank You!
Tara
This is a straight forward fluffy romance. Haley is an absolutely charming woman who has been sheltered her entire life. She's looking for ways to be "bad"! Enter Kevin...sexy US Marshal. Lots of romance, a little smut and a fun easy read.
MaggieRR
I only read the first story in this book...which gets the four stars...good premise, great characters, snappy and often funny dialogue. The premise of the second story didn't interest me, I didn't read it, and am not qualified to comment on it.
Another 2-in-1 by Susan Mallery: must start reading titles more carefully.

Fun reads, but "Hers for the Weekend" seemed a bit rushed and "Completely Smitten" unrealistic (well, they're all a bit unrealistic; I guess that's why we like them!).
Jill
This was the worst Susan Mallory book I've read. I have loved everything else she wrote. I did not like this woman and she was so naive I felt it was unbelievable.

I loved the Tanya Michaels story, though. It was really good!
Sho
Really cute, if not somewhat unbelievable harmless love story. There were some parts that was lol funny, too. I think most people will have a giggle and feel happy when they finish the story
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Ragged Rainbows
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • The Heat Is On (Harlequin Blaze, #558)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • Destiny (Serendipity, #2)
  • Baby, Drive South (Southern Roads, #1)
  • Crazy For Love
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #14)
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking?
  • Here to Stay
  • Butterfly Cove (Summer Island, #3)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come ...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4) Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)