Start by marking “Bound (Fire on Ice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound (Fire on Ice, #1)

Bound (Fire on Ice #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  6,227 Ratings  ·  528 Reviews

Published December 8th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound

Taking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoThe Deal by Elle KennedySee Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Best Hockey Romance
221 books — 641 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
656 books — 1,387 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa Jayne
Jan 16, 2014 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
FOUR BOUND STARS.

description

I think it's fairly obvious by now that I can't possibly resist a story of love. What you may not know is that a sports themed romance really gets me excited. Combine love, Brenda Rothert's writing talent, some heart ache and a Ice hockey professional and you are left with a story that is soul searching, heart melting and sexy-steamy all in one gorgeous book. From the cover to the ending this short, moving story won me over. Here are my 'bound' book thoughts ...

What's it all abo
Alexis *Reality Bites*
FREE TODAY 12-17-14 on Amazon
U.S. Buy Link: http://amzn.com/B00GU7Y4N6

SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

photo BoundCoverpic2FINAL_zps8a5add2a.jpg

Bound gets a strong 4 STAR rating from me. Can you believe that I was not supposed to read this book? The synopsis drew me in which is rare because most days that does not happen so I caved and read it and I am very very happy that I did!

Review
 photo boundkatepic_zps3282d7d7.jpg

Learning she was going to be a mother her senior year of college was not part
Michelle
Jan 12, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review

***4.5 Heartfelt Stars***

Bound by Brenda Rothert can be summed up with these words: Loss, Grief, Sadness, Heartache, Depression, Coping, Moving On, Second Chances, Romance, Laughter, Friendship, Happiness, Closure, and Life. Bound is a story that united two individuals who were bound together with the same pain: LOSS of a loved one. When is it okay to finally move on? Is it right to move on? Why is our sadness and loss sometimes associa
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Spoilers... Do not read if you don't want to see spoilers..

Ok I loved so much of this book up till 63%
I was at 4 stars.
See I learned quickly that Ryker was not totally grieving his wife.. They were about to break up and he felt so bad that her life ended while they were struggling so bad. He loved her but he mentioned a lot that what he felt for Kate he'd never felt before. They had fun together and it was sweet. The sexual tension started to really get to be too much. They shared some sexy ta
.Lili.
Jan 12, 2014 .Lili. rated it really liked it
 photo image_zpsaafec2f2.jpg
Bound by Brenda Rothert is the story of two people who have suffered the loss of a loved one. Kate lost her baby on the 16th week of her pregnancy. She's having a hard time moving time and at the urging of her mother joins a support group. It's there she meets Ryke. He's a professional hockey player who lost his wife. After her death, he has a revolving door of women but it isn't until Kate that he becomes interested in having something more with a woman.

I found their story very emotional and I
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 13, 2014 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
description

Bound completely took me by surprise. I think I was only 5% in before I was sideswiped by events….twice! I didn’t see any of it coming and fun, moving and some ways fun story was an emotionally charged tale of loving and losing, grieving, of picking yourself up and learning that’s it’s okay to love and be happy and that life does in fact go on. Yes, in life your heart will hurt, it will suffer but moving on, trusting and loving are all part of the healing process. Life is for living and finding
Jessica's Book Review
Jan 12, 2014 Jessica's Book Review rated it it was amazing
Bound was such a fantastic, fun, yet emotional read for me with a wonderful storyline. I could not put down the book and read the entire thing is one long sitting. The story was exceptional, the characters were charming, and the story just all came together perfectly to make it the perfect read on a Sunday afternoon.

My Casting:
description

Bound tells the story of Ryke & Kate. Both are struggling with the loss of someone they love and alternates points-of-view from chapter to chapter between the two. Kat
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~

2.5 ~ 3 average stars

Bound was a quick, easy read about overcoming the pain of loss to find love. I liked the premise of the book and have always been a sucker for the "famous star/athlete falls for the average unfamous girl" cliche. Here the famous athlete is a sexy NHL pro and the average girl (albeit a pretty blonde one) is a struggling college grad. However, everything about it was just average. So while I did like the story, there was absolutely nothing here that made it unique or memorab
AJ
Feb 09, 2016 AJ rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic, steamy, drama, audio

This is a beautifully written story of two people dealing with devastating loss and finding the strength in themselves, and in each other, to help them move on.

Kate is a college senior who suffers a devastating loss which throws her into a deep depression. She goes on with the motions of life, and manages to graduate, but every day is a struggle and she is completely lost and overwhelmed by her grief.

NHL player, Ryke suffered his own loss two years ago. Hugely successful and highly pop
✿kawehi.reviews
description

“Bound” is all about loss, forgiveness, coping; and also moving forward and being susceptible to love again. Both Ryke and Kate go through such devastating losses in their lives and meet in a support group where they build and friendship and companionship.

description

Later when Ryke decides to hire Kate as his own personal assistant (since he is a famous hockey star and wants to get closer to her), the two subsequently become even closer.

description

As feelings grow and develop into more, what will become of this cou
Tracy
Well Brenda sure did throw us straight into the deep end with this one! I was blubbing at chapter 1, So sad for Kate having to go through that. And poor Ryke too.

Kate was so full of grief, she hid inside herself thinking she couldnt cope with life carrying on after her loss. My heart went out to her, having 4 kids of my own I could kind of understand the grief she was going through. Would she ever learn to deal? Maybe group therapy would help her?

Kate ~ I'd been shattered into pieces nearly a ye
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
I need a cold shower and a slap across the face!
Brenda Rothert has done it again! She is one of my favorite authors and I stop everything and consume every book she writes. She has a wonderful gift and is able to make you see and feel everything as you are reading. I literally laughed out loud at the witty banter and I blushed a few times too. I am visualizing the sexy, tattooed, hockey player's muscles right now.... I need a minute... What was I saying? Oh, right, I was telling you about Ryke.
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
I heard about this book from Aestas' book blog and immediately went and bought it. I knew this was going to be a good one from just reading the synopsis. This book is a winner!! I am so happy I read it. The storyline was a bit different not the typical cookie cutter which made it all the better. I can't wait to read the next one which I know should be out sometime this month. a must read people!!!
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Four Stars

Death is our fucked up camaraderie

Death. Love. Second chances. Hockey.

So, yea. I couldn’t refuse this book once I found it. Both the H/h suffered a huge loss. It was this type of commonality that brought these two together. Knowing that, you knew going into this, this was going to be an emotional read. However, as the story unfolded, it wasn’t the grief nor the sadness that made me a hot mess. No worries, I’ll delve into that in a sec.

I wasn’t the only one. Funny how I felt more ki
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™
#OMG this book is #FREE #mustclick http://amzn.to/1yh8iFE
Within the first few pages of this book, you know it is going to be an emotional ride! Kate Camden and Jason “Ryke” Rkyer meet in a very unusual fashion, no I won’t tell you how because I enjoyed the heart ache filled journey to their meeting and I think the reader should experience it first hand.

Grief is a powerful emotion… well for those who have experienced deep loss they know grief is more accurately a series of powerful emotions… Ms R
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
COVER REVEAL

Want to receive an ARC of Bound? Well the first 5 people to respond on the Dirty Girl Romance Blog Post with their email address will be receiving an ARC of Bound by Brenda Rothert.

Pro hockey player Jason “Ryke” Ryker has it all: adoring fans, a promising c
S.M. West
Jan 12, 2014 S.M. West rated it really liked it
WONDERFUL MIX OF HEARTACHE, LOSS, ROMANCE, ANGST AND STEAMY SEX

This book grabbed at my heart strings a mere 5 pages in and had me in tears - twice - within pages! It totally took me by surprised and reeled me in super fast. I fell hard for tall, dark and sexy "panty-dropping" pro Hockey player, Jason Ryker (Ryke). He had my heart from the get-go. I also really liked Kate and felt her pain and loss, and understood her struggle to move on. There were times when I wanted to shake her silly - Ryke w
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 14, 2014 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Oooh!! This one sounds heart wrenching and I love the cover!! Adding it to my reading list :)

BLURB - College senior Kate Camden has learned to adapt - to her last year of school, to the promise of motherhood, to the fact that she’s doing it all alone. But just when she’s learned to adjust, heartache threatens to break her apart.

Pro hockey player Jason “Ryke” Ryker has it all: adoring fans, a promising career, and a beautiful wife. But when his seemingly perfect life is shaken by tragedy, he’s
Jonel Boyko
Jan 01, 2014 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a hard hitting novel. I felt raw after reading it and spent a great deal of the novel with tears in my eyes. It was brilliant! I love how Rothert takes real life situations to build her romances, rather than simply having 2 people run into each other with a whirlwind romance. It’s her hard hitting, to the point writing style that brings everything together so seamlessly. What she ends up with in this novel is epic.

By flipping between both main characters perspectives Rothert
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This author's voice is unique and I enjoyed this book very much despite the grief and turmoil in the two main character's lives. Written in first person and told from both the hero and heroine's sides we get a very good indication of what they are thinking and feeling throughout this book. Some of it is amusing, some of it is frustrating, some of it is sad yet there are moments of elation and joy as well.

Jason "Ryke" Ryker is a NHL player who
Diamond Drake
Dec 15, 2013 Diamond Drake rated it liked it
Bernadette
Apr 28, 2014 Bernadette rated it it was ok
It started out good, it had promise but around 80% the heroine just became annoying and the dialogue started going downhill. I really just couldn't go on anymore. First of all she has a psychology degree but she thinks seeing someone (a pychiatrist) to seek help means she's crazy. Um hello?!?! Shouldn't you have a better understanding on what these type professionals do, I mean you are educated in almost the same feild. Her back and forth of should I or shouldn't I was making me want to throw my ...more
Jennifer Smith
Feb 10, 2014 Jennifer Smith rated it really liked it
Ryke!!! Holy damn!!! I cried like a baby bitch within the first few minutes of reading this story! It is so damn touching. Second Chances. Moving on from loss. How do you really ever overcome grief??? This story was beautiful. Kate poor poor girl. Nothing harder than going thru what she had to go thru. Ryke... losing what he did and so young. The fact that they both came together and got past their grief together says a lot. I loved that Ryke was actually a patient man and waited. He knew what ...more
Kim Person
Jan 05, 2014 Kim Person rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Ice never read ANYTHING from this author and I'm thinking I need to check out her other books! I simply loved this one! Emotional yep! The sexual tension was off the charts but kudos to the author for holding true to the character and not pushing it :)
Vicki
Nov 24, 2015 Vicki rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vicki by: Karla
Shelves: contemporary, hockey
I wouldn't have known about this series if Karla hadn't brought it to my attention...really glad she did. This was a good, albeit extremely emotional, read.
Kara
Mar 13, 2014 Kara rated it really liked it
I needed my hockey fix. And this HELLASEXY book did to for me.
Total ESR (easy sexy romantic).
Lustful Literature
Nov 24, 2013 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**BETH'S REVIEW**

Sometimes in tragedy we find our life's purpose. ~ Unknown

Bound is a story of two people, Kate a college graduate and Jason “Ryke” Ryker a NHL hockey player who have experienced a tragedy that has changed their them and their lives. But it was the tragedy in their lives that have brought them together and right from that very first moment Ryke sees her he knows there is just something about Kate, he was taken with her and he wanted to get to know her better.

Both Kate and Ryke ha
Shamika
Dec 01, 2013 Shamika rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review

4.5 Stars

This is the story of 22 year old Kate who has suffered an unimaginable loss for someone her age. I immediately felt choked up and teary-eyed for Kate and her situation. The story is quiet emotional right in the beginning so have your tissues handy.

We also have hot NHL player Jason "Ryke" Ryker. Ryke is dealt a unexpected heartbreaking loss as well and I started to think, "what did I get myself into?" I love when a story evokes such
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Jan 12, 2015 Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ rated it really liked it
Loved it! Sweet, sexy -made me smile and shed a tear or two. The characters were wonderful - and so REAL. So many times when books have a hero or heroine (or in this case both) who have had a great tragedy - that's really all there is to them. Kate and Ryke were totally three demential - not defined by their past, but both still obviously effected by it. Love love loved it. Off to read the rest of the series.
Leanne Michele
Jul 18, 2015 Leanne Michele rated it it was amazing
I adored this story. Reading about Kate and Ryker's heartbreaks was so emotional. I not only read about their pain, but I felt it.

I love Ryke. Man, he's absolutely what a woman would want! Caring, hot, smart, funny, and his tenderness and understanding toward Kate was amazing!

I can't wait to read more of this series!
  • Pieces of Perfect (Pieces, #1)
  • Fair Play (Hat Trick, #1)
  • Inside Heat (Mustangs Baseball, #1)
  • Untamed (Untamed #1)
  • Chasing Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #1)
  • For Everly
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Interrupted (Progress, #2)
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • Fire on Ice (Fire on Ice #1)
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Talk to Me (Public Lives, #1)
  • Holding On To Love (Holding On #1)
  • Breakaway (The Penalty Kill Trilogy, #1)
  • Fastball (Philadelphia Patriots, #1)
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • Strike (Completion, #2)
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
Brenda Rothert is the author of eleven Contemporary Romance novels. You can learn more about her books at her website, www.brendarothert.com, which features teasers, excerpts and trailers for her books. Follow her here:

Twitter: http://goo.gl/wYVa6E

Pinterest: http://goo.gl/tYSU3n

Website: http://brendarothert.com/

Goodreads: http://goo.gl/k2ueHQ

Amazon: http://goo.gl/47Va5y

B&N: http://goo.gl/
More about Brenda Rothert...

Fire on Ice (5 books)
  • Captive (Fire on Ice, #2)
  • Edge (Fire on Ice, #3)
  • Drive (Fire on Ice, #4)
  • Release (Fire on Ice, #5)

“This is the prize I want,” he said. “Let me spend tonight with your heart instead of your head.” 13 likes
“The two of us were bound together by the thread of grief, but it wasn't just our mutual losses that united us. We'd survived them, found each other, and discovered that sometimes, from darkness can come light.” 8 likes