Start by marking “Spellweaver (The Spellweaver Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spellweaver (The Spellweaver Chronicles, #1)

Spellweaver (The Spellweaver Chronicles #1)

Book One of the Spellweaver Chronicles

Felicity Lucas never really knew her mother. Even though they had lived together for all the fourteen years that Felicity had been alive, they had barely even had a meaningful conversation. It was a relationship that was far from perfect.

Published October 20th 2013 by Self-published

Liz Barnsley
Jan 20, 2014 Liz Barnsley rated it really liked it
**3.5 - 4 stars**
Thank you to the author for the review copy.

Book One of the Spellweaver Chronicles

In “SpellWeaver” we meet Felicity who after her mother dies is sent to live with her estranged father. When she finds a book of spells and is attacked by a strange boy with flames in his hands, she begins to realise that there are things about her mother she did not know..

This is a fairly quick and easy read, a bit of a slow burner but intriguing enough to hold attention and a great start to a new
Ellis Lane
Feb 06, 2014 Ellis Lane rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a very good read. It's shorter than I would have liked. I was left wanting more - which is probably the point.
The characters' personalities were described well, Jamie was my favourite character, brave and protective which I liked a lot. but I'd like to know more about him, and the relationship between the twins' parents. Holly is also a good character, kind and sweet but a tad over the top. Felicity is shy and introvert, her character reminded me of Bella from twilight
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Felicity, a fourteen year old girl has just lost her mother in a car accident and is going to have to move in with her father. Felicity had lived with her mother all of her life but she never really knew her mother. She barely knew anything at all about her because she was never home. Felicity spent a lot of time home alone and she never had any friends. Felicity was so use to being by herself most of the time that she act
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Well, I'll have to admit that from reading the first few sentences, I had this really dreadful feeling I was going to have to face another DNF. And right after a different one as well.

In other words, Spellweaver is not the greatest first impression when you first open the book. Thankfully, it wasn't a snooze fest and joined the really small DNF club.

And no, I'm not that mean enough to judge a book by the first page. You just have the first 50% of the book to impress me. I think it's time for
Leonor (Ner)

Rating: 3,5 cups/stars

I had my eye on this book for a while since I first saw the cover. Because, let’s be honest, this cover is quite appealing isn’t it? But the plot also sounded something I would enjoy so, when I saw this book for free on Smashwords I had to get it and immediately start reading it.

Spellweaver was a pretty great start for a new paranormal, magical series that I really want to continue reading. Imagine a female version of Harry Potter but without Hogwarts and slightly differen
Kathryn Svendsen
Jul 24, 2016 Kathryn Svendsen rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya, teen
Felicity Lucas’ mother has just died and Felicity goes to live with her father whom she barely knows. Sent to a boarding school while living with her mother, she tended to keep very much to herself. On the first day at her new school however, she meets Hollie, one of the most popular students who sticks to “Fliss” like glue. Suddenly Felicity comes to realize what it feels like to have a friend for the first time.

This is a lovely fantasy story with more than one theme. One of the themes is the i
Lori
Nov 15, 2013 Lori rated it really liked it
This book is really a breath of fresh air. Compared to a lot of YA books that all seem to be close to the same thing written these days this one has its own little twists and turns that make it different.

I’d have to say at first it seemed to be going a bit slow but then it also isn’t to the boring point either. It does later pick up and get really good more towards the last 6 or chapters but it all comes together in the end.

It is really necessary you come to find is that without it you wouldn’t
Cheryl Ashford
Dec 28, 2013 Cheryl Ashford rated it really liked it
Felicity is a teenage girl who has recently lost her mother and has moved in with a father that she does not know. She is socially awkward with no friends so starting at a new school is also difficult for her. And to top it all off Felicity is finding that her mother is not who she thought she was. And then there is the mysterious Oliver, a boy not to trust if ever you saw one.

I found this book to be an excellent series opener. It is slow to start but this allows the author to explore the inner
Liv
Jan 27, 2014 Liv rated it liked it
Overall: First, thanks to the author for a free copy in exchange for a review! Now, I found this book to be entertaining. The idea was good, just a little typical. You know, the mom dies, girl feels left out, finds out secrets about herself, and finds friendship all at once. Real life just doesn't work that way. I thought the magic was a cool aspect though! I enjoyed the counselor character, he was mysterious and frightening which I love! I wanted Fliss to get together with the boy twin, Jamie I ...more
Justine Winans
Dec 09, 2013 Justine Winans rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
Spellweaver is a remarkable novel - a fantasy disguised in contemporary young adult, it's a true introduction to a series.

I really enjoyed the pacing and plot of the novel. Despite the vast amount of magic in writing today, Bridgeman still managed to keep the perspective unique. I liked how the story had a feel of taking place in a relatively short amount of time. That fully kept my attention while adding a strong sense of urgency.

Although some portions of the plot were a bit predictable they s
b00k r3vi3ws
Jul 26, 2016 b00k r3vi3ws rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy

Felicity Lucas had always been a loner. She liked being the invisible wallflower at school and once home, she couldn’t even tell you what her mother did for living that had her travel a hell lot. When her mother dies in a car crash, Felicity is sent to live with her estranged father. A new lifestyle and a new school is enough to get any teenager nervous, but not Felicity because she likes being on her own. But things are about to change… The most popular g
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 unicorns - I liked it!!
**Received ebook from the author for an honest review

The cover is beautiful & magical and totally what attracted me to the book when the author was looking for reviews.

This book is the first book in the series. It is beautifully written and learned some new things (I had to look up what Boxing Day is because we don’t have this in the US and both my mom and grandma didn’t know either - made me feel better that I wasn’t the only one). I always lo
Namrata Ganti
Nov 19, 2013 Namrata Ganti rated it really liked it
This book is like a breath of fresh air. It is well written and crafted with a skill I can't help but admire. It has been a while since I read a book in this genre that actually held my attention until the end. The book had me turning the pages yearning for more.

Felicity's character is well thought out and for the heroine, she may come across as shy or timid/ a loner, but we are shown a glimpse of the strength that lies beneath. Her behaviour is justified as she has never experienced a normal li
Autumn
May 06, 2014 Autumn rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I received this book to give an honest review.

I was really hoping to get into this book but it just felt dull to me. I couldn't really relate to Felicity on any type of level. Yes she was this shy girl and I get that. Being as I was shy in school, but it just seemed like that wasn't her. She makes a comment in the story "my mother never showed me how to make friends." It is kind of up to you on making friends. Or at least that is how I see it.
There wasn't much action within the story like I hop
Lourie
*** I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

On the surface “Spellweaver” seems as though it’s going to be like every other young adult book out there however it has some unique qualities that gives it an edge on the competition.

CJ Bridgeman is developing a new world that has not been done before. One that is revolving around magic but to be clear it has nothing to do with witchcraft. There is a mystery behind the main protagonist’s (Felicity) past that is going t
Shayna Varadeaux
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Felicity is a great character and as a matter of fact the entire cast was well written. Shy, but brave when it counted, love it. Jaime was a great character as well, one of my faves. :)

Refreshing and magical and greatly written. The Spellweaver Cronicles has a great book one paving the way for the series for sure!

I am getting this book for my teenagers and I would recommend anyone who likes a good YA Fantasy to read this book
Kate
Jun 22, 2014 Kate rated it it was ok

So when her mother dies in a car crash and Felicity is sent to live with her estranged father in a deprived London borough, she is determined to move on. It isn't easy - content with her solitude, she's never had friends before, but the most popular girl in her
Hemantkumar Jain
Jan 14, 2014 Hemantkumar Jain rated it really liked it
One is tempted to think of ‘yet another harry potter types’ story but the Spellweaver definitely has its own charm. When you are reading the Book 1 of the Spellweaver Chronicle, you begin to draw parallels with Harry Potter’s first episode in which he discovers his lineage and finds 2 friends (a girl and a boy) and then ultimately performs some magic too.

Apart from such very basic parallels, the Spellweaver is not only different but I actually found it interesting to read. The characters develo
Tanya Johnson
Jan 04, 2014 Tanya Johnson rated it really liked it
Felicity is a young girl who has to go live with her father, a man she doesn't know, after the death of her mother. Now faced with living with someone she hardly knows, going to a new school and dealing with the death of her mother, Felicity is finding out what true friends are. Felicity is also learning that her mother may not be whom she thinks she is and weird things start to happen that she can't explain.

I received this book from the author for a honest review. I felt that the story started
Carmen Pescod
Feb 22, 2014 Carmen Pescod rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this book, all I really knew about it is it's for YA, these books I do like reading.
So Spellweaver, I must say I did enjoy quite a bit. The main girl is 15 year old Felicity who has just had her world turned upside down, her mother now dead, she moves in with her father who she doesn't know & starts a new school. Felicity is a solitary person, but things change & her life will never be the same again.
I liked the characters & the story line, the author writes very we
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I'd give this 3 1/2 stars. Felicity is raised without the knowledge that she has special magical abilities, so when things start going awry after her mother dies, she doesn't know which way to turn or who to believe.

I thought the plot was interesting and I felt for Felicity since growing up she never really had friends and she has been "adopted" by Hollie who was asked to show her around school. There are some characters that you will love and hate and some that will surprise you that they are n
Michelle Douglas
Apr 28, 2015 Michelle Douglas rated it really liked it
What an absolutely enchanting story of a young girl,Felicity, finding out that she is now the Spellweaver. She learns of the reasons behind her mother's behaviour as she was trying to protect Felicity from those who would wish to harm her.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this book for those who love magic within a book
Amanda
Jun 18, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
A great book aimed at YA, think Harry Potter meets Charmed. It kept me interested right to the end. There is a lot of potential in Fliss' character and I'm intrigued about the other items she has from her mum. Looking forward to the next one.
Molly
Molly rated it did not like it
Jul 14, 2016
Pia
Pia rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Tim Gray
Tim Gray rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Seamus Tabor
Seamus Tabor rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2014
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Benjamin Dack
Benjamin Dack rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Vinay Leo R.
Vinay Leo R. rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Guardians Crown Parts One and Two (The Sacred Guardians #4)
  • Unbound (All Good Things #1)
  • True Fate (True Fate #1)
  • Taking Angels
  • Sun Damage (Sunshine, #3)
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • Suddenly You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #4)
  • Phantom Summer
  • Somewhere Only We Know
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • Deuce (Vortex, #3)
  • Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)
  • Heart Shaped Rock
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Diamond Girls, #2)
  • The Reason Series: Complete Collection (Reason, #1-4)
Claire Bridgeman is a secondary school English teacher living in Norwich, England, with her husband, their 1 year old daughter Pearl, their black fluffy cat and the fly infestation currently inhabiting the conservatory. She has written many books but it was only in 2013, at the age of 28, that she felt her work was good enough to be thrust upon the general public. She thinks it’s an awful shame ...more
More about C.J. Bridgeman...

The Spellweaver Chronicles (3 books)
  • Sun Stealers (The Spellweaver Chronicles, #2)
  • Slayers (The Spellweaver Chronicles Book 3)

“Words are powerful. You can hurt someone with a lie. You can heal them with encouragement and positivity.” 1 likes