Start by marking “Cameron (The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cameron (The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall, #1)

Cameron (The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall )

Determined to band Scots together against English tyranny, Laird Robert Graham seals a truce with his feuding neighbor, the MacDougalls. But after his brother is nearly killed in a treacherous attack, Graham kidnaps the laird’s daughter in an act of revenge.

Cameron MacDougall has devoted her life to the healing arts. She’s long rebelled against her father’s feuding ways, b
ebook, 1st Edition, 243 pages
Published October 25th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Cameron, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cameron

Regan Walker
Oct 11, 2015 Regan Walker rated it really liked it
Shelves: medieval, scot
Warring Clans in 13th century Scotland and a Healer Heroine

The story begins in 1297 in Scotland at a time of warring clans. After years of the MacDougalls and Grahams fighting, Laird Robert Graham agrees to a truce with his feuding neighbor. But then his brother is attacked and nearly killed by the MacDougalls, who left their signature arrows behind. Robert decides to get even… and he needs a healer for his brother. How convenient that Cameron MacDougall is a healer from the enemy clan.

Cameron h
Eileen Dandashi
Oct 14, 2015 Eileen Dandashi rated it it was amazing
Cameron was a bit of a wild thing. She found her strength in nature and vowed to learn all she could about the art of healing. If she had known enough earlier, she may have prevented her mother’s death. She failed her mum, but she wouldn’t fail her clan nor her sisters and in this story her talents extend to Laird Graham and his clan.

Cameron’s mother taught all her daughters to pursue what they each enjoyed. All three sisters were very different in temperament; they were well bonded with their f
Laurie Garrison
Oct 24, 2015 Laurie Garrison rated it really liked it
3 1/2
I wasn’t going to review this book but I really feel the need to since the words are coming to me so well.

There is a 2 star review on Amazon on this book that plainly tells what is all wrong with this book and yes, it’s all true and then some. Spite the fact this book has its flaws, I was compelled to keep reading it, so much so I read it all in one setting and I did enjoy a lot of the story.

My biggest issues weren’t so much of what the other reviewer mentioned on Amazon because I read a
Lorrie
Nov 10, 2015 Lorrie rated it it was amazing
STRONG heroine who rises above all! Gifted healer, loyal companion, fearless when it came to protecting those she loved.

This book begins with two clans making an agreement for peace. The young Laird of the clan abducts the daughter of his neighboring clan believing the attack on his family was their doing. Cameron is a gifted healer and is thrown into the rooms of the wounded as she forced to heal them or suffer consequences against her clan. Robert is attracted to his enemy's daughter and fight
Nicole Laverdure
CAMERON is the first book that I read written by Lane McFarland! It’s a great debut for her series The Daughters of Alastair MacDougall, four independent and headstrong young MacDougall’s sisters, Cameron, Lindsey, Heather and Elsbeth. War and feuds between their surroundings clans have always been part of their lives. This time, it’s the story of Cameron, the clan healer who meets the charming warrior Robert Graham. Both seek peace, but an attack occurs, and Robert holds her father responsible ...more
Molly
Aug 16, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
The story begins with the Scots band together against English tyranny, Laird Robert Graham seals a truce with his feuding neighbor clan, the MacDougalls. But after his brother is nearly killed in a attack, Graham kidnaps the laird’s daughter in an act of revenge against the macDougalls.
Cameron MacDougall has devoted her life to the healing people. She’s long rebelled against her father’s feuding with other clans, but when Robert Graham abducts her, she’s finds herself at the center of the dispu
Deb Smith
Jan 10, 2016 Deb Smith rated it it was amazing
Historical romance at its best

I thoroughly enjoyed Cameron. Filled with strong characters both male and female it called to me from the start. The world of Scotland in a fight for it's life made me feel like part of the very fiber of this story.. I loved the strong sassy and brave, Cameron. Her love for the Laird was sweet and passionate. And the Laird is equally strong and quite swoon worthy. McFarland has woven a fine fabric of the times and had me at the edge of my seat. I have become so mesm
Marie
Jan 10, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it
Great Read

I chose four stars as a rating only because some if the wording used in conversations were not appropriate for the time period of the story. I loved Cameron. I found Robert a truly lovable warrior. The story was well developed, moved along nicely and smoothly and kept me interested at all times. There were good nuggets of history thrown in that gave enough to the story to give it a touch of realism. When I finished I am definitely interested in reading the rest of the series. In fact I
Donna
Apr 23, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Highland lovers
Recommended to Donna by: Won from author
I won the book from the author and she was a new to me author. I read the book and can't wait to get the next book. Cameron tries to bring peace between the neighboring clan but someone tries to break the truce. Everything she hopes for and dreams of hangs in the balance. She is a healer, can she help those in need, can she get Laird Robert Graham to see the true, will she die at English hands? What must she do to find a man worthy of her love.
Darlene
Oct 02, 2015 Darlene rated it it was amazing
I love to see a strong women show that they are capable of almost anything!

Yes!!! 5 stars!!! Such a powerful story of 2 powerful people who found each other and made a life together under hardship and circumstances neither one would have dreamed of. I read this book months ago and for some reason never did a review...well I'm remedying that right now! You will absolutely love this book! A powerful woman, and a powerful man, share a powerful love!!!
Georgianna Simpson
Oct 10, 2015 Georgianna Simpson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any highland romance fan
Recommended to Georgianna by: Lane McFarland
Cameron by Lane McFarland is a wonderfully told story of enemy to friends to love! The challenges of a woman in those times and the really strong one who overcame it to find love and more! It's well written with great conversations, immediate attraction (but didn't jump into bed too fast - a good thing) but slowly building love. Great situations that were interesting and just a enough historical information to make it interesting and realistic. I'll be reading the rest of this series!
Barbi Davis
Jan 13, 2016 Barbi Davis rated it it was amazing
Amazing read

I wish this book would go on and on. I fell so hard for all these people. And the struggle they face with the Sassenach. If you love Scotland and its clans. Like I do? This is a must read. I can't wait to start the second book. I miss them already. I highly recommend this book!!!
Shelley
Nov 17, 2015 Shelley rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Loved this story. I enjoyed the fire in Cameron and her healing ability. And I loved the part about the cave. Robert is honorable and caring. And it shows in how he treats his family. Lane McFarland wrote a very touching story and I can't wait to read the other three in this series
Tara Kingston
Nov 12, 2013 Tara Kingston rated it it was amazing
Cameron is a sweeping Scottish historical romance featuring an intelligent, compassionate heroine and a to-die-for hero. Lane McFarland's feel for the era is woven throughout the love story of Cameron, a healer, and Robert, an enemy who's destined to become the love of her life. Distinguishing himself as a man of honor, Robert lays claim to Cameron's heart in a touching romance.
Kerrie
Jun 17, 2016 Kerrie rated it it was ok
Unclean. I was interested in this book for a long while but couldn't find out if it was clean by the reviews that were given. I took a chance and found out soon it wasn't. A good story nonetheless but for me it could have focused a lot more outside of the bedroom.
Patrice Conley
Mar 17, 2016 Patrice Conley rated it really liked it
Easy read

Good character development. Not very much gratuitous sex, only where it fit. Been looking for a highlander series without constant stupid mistakes made by the heroine.
Lana
Lana rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Madeline Fisher
Madeline Fisher rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Marielle Devera
Marielle Devera rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Libby Wilson
Libby Wilson rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Cressa Heiss
Cressa Heiss rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Solange
Solange rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Beth Sheehe
Beth Sheehe rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Christopher Ehrman
Christopher Ehrman rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
books4me
books4me rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Steph
Steph rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • My Fair Highlander (English Tudor, #2)
  • The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Heart (Macinnes Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highlanders, #2)
  • Breed True (Eclipse Heat, #7)
  • Hannah and the Highlander (Untamed Highlanders, #1)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Seducing the Highlander
  • Lessons in Seduction (Greentree Sisters, #1)
  • Can't Walk Away (River Bend, #3)
  • After the Kiss
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
Starting out as an accountant in line with the rest of the corporate echelons struggling up the proverbial ladder, I soon realized the long nights and numerous weekends of closing books and reporting financial results no longer appealed. So, I decided to hit the road selling financial software. Jumping from one high-pressured frying pan into the other, the stress of the road-warrior life and ...more
More about Lane McFarland...

The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall (4 books)
  • Heather (The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall, #2)
  • Lindsey (The Daughters of Alastair MacDougall Book 3)
  • Elsbeth: (The Daughters Of Alastair MacDougall, #4)