Start by marking “Forced Ascent (Demon Accords, #6)” as Want to Read:
Forced Ascent (Demon Accords, #6)

Forced Ascent (Demon Accords #6)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  808 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Chris Gordon has never had an easy relationship with the White House. Now, after rescuing his goddaughter from a secret base in New Hampshire, it’s reached a new low. You drop one little asteroid onto the continental United States and the entire government goes crazy. On top of that Halloween is fast approaching and demons are popping through into our world every which way ...more
Published September 22nd 2014 by John Conroe

To ask other readers questions about Forced Ascent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forced Ascent

The Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussThe Meat Market by James ChalkBlood Song by Anthony  RyanThe Secret of Excalibur by Sahara FoleyThe Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
First Person Fantasy Sci Fi
143rd out of 157 books — 73 voters
Hounded by Kevin HearneStorm Front by Jim ButcherThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussZero Sight by B. Justin ShierZero Sum by B. Justin Shier
Contemporary Fantasy for Guys
417th out of 452 books — 308 voters

More lists with this book...

Sven
It's a shame that the one of Mr. Conroe's best books, Executable, has to be followed up by this tin foil hat festival.

What I liked..
- Stacia's interaction with the vampires was good.

What I didn't like..
- The government stuff doesn't make sense from their perspective.
- Made little time for character dynamics.
- The pro-Gordan blogosphere thing was waaaaay over the top.

If your even looking at this then you've probably read the previous books and know what your getting into to some degree. This is
Edwin Zheng
Romulo
Filipe
Oct 20, 2014 Filipe rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: uf
Sorry but the ending just did not make any sense.

SPOILERS!

Why did he let is friends go one by one against armed men when we already know he can disable weapons? why did he allow the same government that tried to kill him and his loved ones scan him when not even himself knows what he really is? why didn't the mind reader detect the guards intentions to attack? How come the mega ninja gf lets herself get handcuffed, not to mention the semi god main char? And again why d
Mudit Singh
Genere : Urban Fantasy
Tags : urban fantasy, first person, book for guys, badass overpowered hero.

Alright this was the magnum opus of the series. This has a little originality, lots of action, and well thought of plot.

Its as if the author has suddenly graduated.

but i still gotta ask..

Whats with the harem....

Also lets see at the story from afar,

there is the main character who loves and is strongly loved by a vampire with whom they share a great bond, and there is werewolf who is also a great frie
Robert Brown
Another well told story in the Chris and Tanya saga. This volume starts off pretty close to where Fallen Stars leaves off. The events of Executable are pretty much integrated into the narrative, and the story just takes off from there. As usual, lots of excitement, action, and mayhem are woven throughout the story. It's a fun read that gets you thoroughly involved.

The story did engender a lot of sadness in me, because Conroe does a too-real relation of how the U.S. government would likely react
Mark D
YES! Love having a job where I can just close my door and tell people "updating systems, don't bother me".

Just finished this, another solid book from Mr. Conroe. I wasn't sure where he could go after the last book, Chris/Tanya are pretty powerful and I wasn't sure if they could come across anyone or anything that could stand against them.

Thankfully that wasn't the case; demons, super demons even regular soldiers (sometimes) were able to cause our group trouble. Thank You Mr. Conroe for keeping t
Michael Secretan
I don't generally write reviews, but something in this book bit me in a bad way, no pun intended, that it is still bothering me. I loved the book. It was more of what I have come to expect from the Demon Accords series; however, during one part of the book, right in the middle of a fight, the author goes off on a tangent to discuss the characters political ideological beliefs.

In this book series, it makes little to no sense to mention politics because of the massive conflict between the protagon
Morhib
Demon Accords series by John Conroe is utterly fantastic and I found each and every single book in the series as brilliant as the last. Without doubt Demon Accords is one of my - if not the - favourite urban fantasy books I've read.

I'm not going to go too much into the plot as it's the 7th book in the series and if you haven't read the others then you'll be lost. What I will say is that John Conroe doesn't drop the ball with this one and if anything raised it. Storyline was gripping and expands
Jack
These are just plain fun novel's, I considered going back and re-reading the first 5 or so but once you have been introduced to the character's you fall right back in place with them.
One nice point is one of the MC' had a recent loss of memory so I have that similar thing going and a review of some characters never hurt's.
I was expecting a few of the new characters to be approached a bit more, introduced from the previous shorter novella, but this story stand alone and bringing the characters
Dale Smith
No spoilers

I gave this book, in fact the entire series, four stars for the simple reason that it tells a good story, and drags you along hoping for more and wanting to jump right into the next book as soon as you can. If you enjoyed Kevin Hearne's 'Iron Druid' series, then you'll enjoy this one as well.
James
Book was a great read as usual. After waiting for so long and reading the last 5 books over and over and over again I was surprised and glad when I saw on the Demon Accords Facebook page the link for the Amazon purchase of this book. Picking it up right away I was sucked into the world of Chris and Tanya once again. I wasn't let down in any way. The pacing was great, the action was spectacular, and the constant twists and turns this book put me through was well worth the wait! The only sad thing ...more
Darla Phillips
Man that was satisfying!

This has been one of my all time favorite series from book one. Amazingly they just keep getting better. If you haven't read any of the Demon Accords books yet you're lucky because now you have an awesome series to start! Mr. Conroe PLEASE WRITE FASTER!
Marie
Quality series, each and every read has been enjoyable and of high standard. It just hasn't WOWED me yet, which is what I am looking for and need before I can award it 5 stars.
michael.seavey
Review hmmm........

It is unusual to see a story that involves religion continue so intimately with our current way of existence. I like and enjoy it.
Eli
I have read all of the Demon Accords and enjoyed them all to one degree or another. The latest volume was enjoyable but perhaps not the best showing. To me it seemed as if the novel descended to the level of high fan fiction. Rather than plot development and character growth we receive lots of explosions, bangs, and moments that made this feel more like a supernatural Die Hard.

Please don't misunderstand me. I enjoy this series thoroughly. I believe that this particular addition is not at the sa
Jessica Macri
still greatly enjoying the series
Claire
I enjoyed this book but it felt a bit rushed in places so much happens that less time was spent just with the core characters chatting and spending time together generally so I felt a bit less connected with them than in previous books.

I did enjoy it just not quite as much as the previous books.
Troy Davis
My least favorite book of the series (my favorite series), but still great! (New note, I've just re-read the series for the billioneth time and just couldn't bring myself to re-read this last one. The whole last half of the book is just not my thing . . . but again--I love this guy)
Becky
Great addition to this series...makes you think about the gov't as well as the big picture of good vs. evil/heaven vs. hell. I look forward to the next book and see what Declan has been up too.
Christopher Daly
an excellent read as usual but moving a bit too far in to the Republican political propaganda feel towards the middle and continuing from there onward
Chris
My favourite vampire book and the best on the series. Tremendous fun.
Scott Colwell
i loved all the other books in the series, this one seemed off.
Release Date 3 104 Nov 03, 2014 12:12PM
  • Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2)
  • Balance (The Divine, #1)
  • Release (The Protector, #3)
  • The Mourning Woods (The Tome of Bill, #3)
  • Fimbulwinter (Daniel Black, #1)
  • The Veil: Corruption (Hasea Chronicles #2)
  • Red Moon Demon  (Demon Lord, #1)
  • Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1)
  • Zero Sum (Zero Sight, #2)
  • Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)
  • Fractured Truth (Fractured Light, #3)
  • SORCERER (The Elemental Magic Series, #1)
  • Dread Nemesis of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #4)
  • Demon's Moon (Thaumatology, #2)

Demon Accords (6 books)
  • God Touched (Demon Accords, #1)
  • Demon Driven (Demon Accords, #2)
  • Brutal Asset (Demon Accords, #3)
  • Duel Nature (Demon Accords #4)
  • Fallen Stars (Demon Accords, #5)
God Touched (Demon Accords, #1) Brutal Asset (Demon Accords, #3) Fallen Stars (Demon Accords, #5) Demon Driven (Demon Accords, #2) Duel Nature (Demon Accords #4)