Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Judging Jude” as Want to Read:
Judging Jude
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Judging Jude

by
4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Jude's a master of running from things: his best friend, his memories, his nefarious dealer. Billy is determined to stop his marathon once and for all.

Judas Stirlying enjoys being a troublemaker. That way, he can skip the middle man and run off people who might care about him before they have the chance to leave on their own. Life is safer that way.

Billy Walker knows the r
...more
ebook, 1st Edition
Published October 25th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published October 2013)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Judging Jude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judging Jude

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 129)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Mandy*reads obsessively*
4.25*

Forgiveness, redemption , overcoming your past and realizing your own worth. That sums up this short story.
Jude doesn't think he's worth loving, worth liking or worth sticking around for. Why Wally, his best friend won't just give up on him and leave him like everyone else, Jude can't understand. He certainly doesn't make it easy for Wally or anyone else to get close to him. He's self destructive and an addict.
I felt so sad while reading his inner struggles, how he sees himself how he feels
...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"

4.5 stars Review written for Hearts on Fire Reviews.

This one does not disappoint. Poor Jude has a lot of issues. He has been struggling since he was a young boy with being unwanted and not worth a whole lot, and these continue into his adulthood. To counteract the problems, he pushes people away and has instead turned to drugs, even making a regular occurrence of stealing from his employer to obtain said drugs. Basically, Jude is on a downward spiral.

Except, that is, for his best friend Wally,
...more
Susan65
Short, but powerful...with a perfect ending. Worth reading people.
Christy Loves 2 Read
I adore Havan Fellows and when I read the description of 'Judging Jude' I knew I wanted to read it. Judas sounded like he had a whole lot of issues and trying to push people away before they can hurt him is classic drama and angst. Which I love. I also liked the idea of his best friend scheming with another to get Jude the happy ever after he needs. I mean, what's better than friends to know all your weaknesses?

Jude reminded me of a really prickly porcupine just ready to let loose some quills at
...more
Becky Condit
Please leave comments on Lucky's 5 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

“I want you to have this. As a present from me to you. Happy birthday.” (This was so touching.)

Let me start this review simply. Wow.

Havan Fellows has taken a character that I thought I could not like, Jude, the title character, and turned him into someone who I related with and felt for.

Jude lives in despair. His whole life he’s done only one thing he could be proud of. Protecting a young man when he w
...more
Valérie
Voici une romance MM absolument inclassable avec un héros antipathique de prime abord mais qui au fur et à mesure que les pages défilent vous fascine et au final vous n’avez qu’une envie c’est de l’attraper par la main et de le soutenir pour lui éviter la chute finale. C’est une lecture poignante écrite d’une plume sans concession mais avec une tendresse infinie pour un héros désabusé Jude Stirlyng, complètement paumé qui s’enfonce doucement dans la drogue et l’alcool. Résolument asocial, il rep ...more
Lena Polskaia
J'ai beaucoup aimé cette romance MM un peu atypique. Il est rare en effet que le personnage principal soit en apparence aussi peu reluisant que Jude, un paumé, un drogué, avec tout ce qui va avec cette dépendance, le vol, le mensonge, l'enfermement. Mais Jude reste au fond un garçon gentil, et sensible, ce qui explique qu'il n'ait jamais pu dégôuter son meilleur ami, envers et contre tout, Wally... ni éloigner le beau Billy. Ces deux là vont lui apporter leur aide, pour le sortir de son trou, qu ...more
Dragonrouge57 - Bénédicte Girault
J'avoue que Havan Fellows est une auteur que je ne connaissais pas encore. Mais, là, avec ce livre, nous entrons en fanfare dans son univers.

Son livre nous plonge dans la découverte du personnage de Jude, un jeune homme mal dans sa peau, trimbalant son mal de vivre comme une carapace vis à vis du monde extérieur, afin d'éviter d'être blessé, quitte pour cela à se perdre dans son vice enfumé de drogues facilement accessibles grâce à son travail d'homme de ménage dans un cabinet médical. Il repous
...more
Eric Renoult
Ici nous avons un M/M qui nous offre l’histoire de la rédemption d’un jeune Homme Judas ou plus communément appelé Jude.

J’ai beaucoup apprécié ma lecture, il s’agit d’un M/M sensible et touchant. Jude n’a pas un mauvais fond mais il s’est laissé dans la déchéance, il survit grâce à un petit boulot et à des petits vols tout en se laissant entraîner dans les brumes de la drogue qu’il fume tous les jours. On sent que c’est un homme qui vaut le coup d’ailleurs son meilleur ami ne l’a jamais lâché et
...more
Will Parkinson
Wow. Jude certainly has a way with people.

He's snarky. Sarcastic. Grating. Yet a few people in his life still care for him and what he's doing to himself. Will they be enough to pull Jude off the path of self-destruction he's on?
Jade F Baiser
One of my favorite by Havan Fellows. I love Jude. He's not perfect, he's not even nice to people, but he gets under your skin, and you learned to love him and wish some good will happen in his life. Wally, and more especially Billy are the "good" Jude needed in his life. And you can't help to love them too for being so persistant in spite of Jude's behavior.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: JustJen
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...
Dianne Hartsock
What a terrific ending!
Ana
3.75 Stars
Shaundra
ohh! It was short but I still loved it. The details did not leave me with wanting more. The End of the book left me with wanting to finish reading it.
Joleen
Jun 01, 2015 Joleen marked it as tr-mm
Shelves: mm
$.99 at Amazon US or $1 with code FD74L at Smashwords, 6-1-15
Louise Lyons
This was a very moving story and I immediately liked Jude and wanted him to get better and do well. The connection to Billy's brother was so touching and Billy was the perfect choice for Jude, even though there was done friction between them in the beginning. Loved it - well written, angsty, hot and sweet.
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Kelly H. (Maybedog) marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Zee
Zee marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Farrah
Farrah marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
mah1
mah1 marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Sunnysundy
Sunnysundy marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
Hidden Needs (Secrets of the Sanctuary, #1) Geoff's Teddy (Synchronous Seductions, #3) Wicked Solutions (Wicked's Way #1) Harlan's Ryde (Synchronous Seductions, #1) Wicked Bindings (Wicked's Way #2)

Share This Book

No trivia or quizzes yet. Add some now »