Start by marking “The Parisian Christmas Bake Off” as Want to Read:
The Parisian Christmas Bake Off

The Parisian Christmas Bake Off

Welcome to the most celebrated patisserie competition in Paris – ready, steady, bake!
Watching snowflakes settle on the Eiffel Tower, Rachel Smithson’s cosy English village feels very far way – as, thankfully, does her commitment-phobic ex, probably already kissing someone else under the mistletoe. But Rachel hasn’t come to Paris to mope she’s come to bake. Hard.

Because the
Published October 23rd 2013 by Carina UK (first published October 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Parisian Christmas Bake Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parisian Christmas Bake Off

Hannah Ward
Jan 30, 2016 Hannah Ward rated it really liked it

I was given this book as a swap, I liked the look of it and it looked like a nice easy read which it was. Yes, I know Christmas has been and gone, I know some people will only read books about or related to Christmas at Christmas time but I really don't mind reading them whenever. This was such a lovely little read, I had to read something quick inbetween review books so it kind of broke it up for me. I loved reading about all the cakes and bakes the competitors were making. There are also some
Claire Robinson
Nov 29, 2013 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
4 Stars.

This book made me hungry…. It was a feast for my eyes and imagination, in its descriptions of all the food and the locations, and characters therein.

So what have we got, well if you add a dash of The Great British Bake Off (but in Paris), a drizzle of cantankerous chef (picture Gordon Ramsay with a French accent), a sprinkling of characters (all with their own unique personalities), a pinch of mischief, and mix it all up with Christmas and Twinkly lights. Then bake on a low temperature f
Kim
Nov 10, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2013
This was a really lovely book. Rachel goes to Paris over Christmas nursing a bruised heart , to take part in a Bake Off competition. Her mum used to run a bakery in her home town - so she grew up with certain traditions and recipes.

There is a bit of back stabbing amongst the other contestant even though they socialise, after the days spent in the kitchen. All the way through- you are willing Rachel to reach the final.

She is staying in a very basic room at the top of a lovely house- and the lady
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
Well, that was a quick read!

This book is pretty much what it says on the tin and if you're looking for baking-chick-lit then look no further! And it's a perfect Christmas or anti-Christmas read.

This book had me smiling and my stomach rumbling. The descriptions of all of that food was almost too much for this usually healthy reader and it was so difficult not to reach for a mince pie or macaroons or hot wine... Mmmm.

This book is enjoyable and a little light and fluffy and just what I needed to ge
Plum-crazy
May 24, 2016 Plum-crazy rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
A pleasant enough read, maybe a bit cheesey in parts but overall just what you'd expect it to be from the blurb. No big surprises but nothing to offend either- though some of the descriptions of the pastries etc made me feel a mite peckish ;o)
QNPoohBear
Rachel is content with her job as a primary school teacher and her rocker boyfriend Ben who only visits between 3-4 am. What she is not content to do is bake. Long ago when she was a little girl, her mother owned the village bakery and Rachel loved helping. Since her mother's illness and death, Rachel has sworn off baking. It was her mother's thing, not hers. Her father agrees, but Rachel's best friend Jackie and the PTA do not agree! Jackie goes behind Rachel's back to enter Rachel in a British ...more
Emily
Oct 28, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, every single little thing about it. It is laugh out loud funny, emotional and has a gorgeous leading man! I felt as though I was in Paris at Christmas, sampling all the wonderful food brought to life in front of my eyes. In fact, the only bad thing I would say about this book is - it made me want CAKE!! mmmmm!! A truly lovely and heart warming Christmas read. 5 big fat mint infused stars!
Jules (Never enough time to read)
It was quite a cute short christmas read and I loved how tempting all the food sounded!
Nov 19, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Ideal read to get you in the Christmas spirit with plenty of food and romance.
Rebecca
Dec 02, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Becca's Books ~ http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/

Firstly, I would like to say a very special thank you to the wonderful publishers Carina UK for sending me my very own gorgeous paperback copy of The Parisian Christmas Bake Off in the post, all shiny and tempting in it's Christmassy wrapping papered glory. And of course, a MASSIVE thank you to Jenny Oliver. She is such a stunning writer, and just like I was after reading The Vintage Summer Wedding by Jenny, I was absolutel
Ashish Chauhan
Apr 05, 2017 Ashish Chauhan rated it really liked it
Totally enjoyed this light read on a solo travel to mountains <3 It was fun.
Sophie (Blogger)
Nov 01, 2014 Sophie (Blogger) rated it it was amazing
The first thing that draw me to The Parisian Christmas Bake-Off was the front cover with its Christmas theme I fell in love with it and then again once I read the blurb. Rachel works in a school teaching children but she dreams of baking to her hearts content. Growing up with her mother who owned a bakery put becoming a baker in her blood but Rachel doesn't know if she has it in her anymore.
Even though Rachel may not have the confidence in herself, her friends, colleagues and family know that s
Lyndsey O'Halloran
Nov 27, 2014 Lyndsey O'Halloran rated it liked it
Protagonist Rachel is stuck in a bit of a rut. Her boyfriend is beyond terrible and she finally sees that. Her mum passed away not too long ago and she misses her terribly, as does the whole village of Nettleton where she lives. Rachel's mum was a fantastic baker and everyone knows that Rachel likes to cook and bake as well. Just before Christmas one of Rachel's friends lets her know that she's going to Paris (even though she says she doesn't want to) to take part in a baking competition.

Rachel
Ria
Dec 06, 2016 Ria rated it really liked it
Jenny Oliver's festive book- THE PARISIAN CHRISTMAS BAKE OFF is delectable as the title hints at; the pages are filled with the Parisian food descriptions, it was pretty difficult to read on without having something delicious to eat between. The story left me craving for patisserie and also wanting more books by the author. I'm going to make it a point to buy all works of Jenny Oliver now.

Rachel has become rusty at baking since she hasn't baked much for a long time after mom's death and is busy
Fiona Wilson
Jan 15, 2014 Fiona Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
This was a lovely story to read. Such a breath of fresh air in a world of adult fiction I've been reading lately!

Rachel Smithson is working as a teacher, but her true love is baking, although she has lost some of that love along the way. Her pupils, friends and fellow teachers know she needs a push, so they sign her up to take part in a competition to find an apprentice for a famous chef in Paris.

Against her better judgement Rachel goes to Paris, finding herself in a small flat which is nowhere
Rachel Cotterill
Nov 17, 2013 Rachel Cotterill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
What's not to love about a tale of Christmassy baking, with a sprinkle of sadness and growing self-confidence? In The Parisian Christmas Bake Off, young teacher Rachel is set up by friends who send her to Paris during the Christmas break to compete for a patisserie apprenticeship. A perfect and charming Christmas story.
Dawn Hutchings-walsh
I actually enjoyed this more than my 3 stars suggests! The writing wasn't fantastic and the plot was predictable so I felt I couldn't give it more than 3, but it had just the right amount of Christmas cheesiness (even in June) for me to really enjoy the read. There are also recipes at the back of the book which is just fab!
Sarah Lee
Feb 23, 2015 Sarah Lee rated it really liked it
I thought I would get into the Christmas reading mood by reading The Parisian Christmas Bake Off by Jenny Oliver, which i bought last year but never got round to reading at Christmas. It was a nice read, good characters and not overly Christmas, so didn't mind reading it in September :)
Catie Bello
Dec 14, 2014 Catie Bello rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh goodness this was the absolute cutest thing! Loved it!
Victoria
An enjoyable Christmas story with lots of tasty food.
Tania
Nov 28, 2015 Tania rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Paris, cake, christmas. What is there not to love! Really enjoyed this book. Got me right in the mood for christmas.
Aisyah Roslan
Nov 16, 2014 Aisyah Roslan rated it it was amazing
The descriptions of the desserts make my mouth water. Got so hungry after reading this. Damn!
Dawn-Tracy Brierley
Dec 27, 2014 Dawn-Tracy Brierley rated it it was amazing
Oh my Christmas was saved!!! I thought that I had found ALL the puddings worth reading this festive season, and I was starting to feel glum and had that "is it really all over?" feeling in the pit of my stomach. But thank goodness for Jenny Oliver and her masterpiece The Parisian Christmas Bake Off!

I devoured this book in less than 24 hours as I literally - COULD. NOT. PUT. IT. DOWN. I just don't know what my hands are going to do now!

The book begins with a scene that is familiar to me - the n
Silvia
Dec 12, 2016 Silvia rated it it was ok
Light, silly, and fluffy. I really love reading about Paris during Christmas time, I just miss it so much :(
Amber Hodges
Dec 24, 2016 Amber Hodges rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for books that deal with cooking in them, especially baking since I love to bake. I came across this one on Amazon and it was only 99 cents. I couldn't say no to that. Since it was set at Christmas time, I knew I had to read it during the Christmas season. I had a few other Christmas books to read as well, so I saved this one for last knowing I would love it the most. I wasn't wrong in my thinking.

This book was truly amazing. The way the author was able to put so much personality i
Siobhan Johnson
Nov 28, 2016 Siobhan Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While small town school teacher Rachel Smithson is watching the rehearsals for this year’s Christmas show – surprise! However, rather than being over the moon that her colleagues and pupils have arranged a once in a lifetime baking experience in Paris, she is filled with dread. Mind you, when faced with little children’s expectant faces, what choice does she have? She can’t turn it down.

Rachel had previously planned to escape Christmas; she was thinking of holing up in her flat not to travelling
Karen
Dec 17, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
You know you maybe read too many cozy mysteries when you keep waiting for someone to be knocked off in pretty much anything you read... especially with a title like The Parisian Christmas Bake Off.

Will someone get pushed off the Eiffel Tower? Succumb to poisoned meringue? Be knifed in the back with some fancy cutlery?

None of these happened here.

My first UK chick-lit since Bridget Jones entered my life almost twenty years ago (YIKES!!! TWENTY YEARS?!?), I absolutely loved loved LOVED this book.
Kerrie McKinnel
Dec 31, 2016 Kerrie McKinnel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel doesn't like Christmas, so when her friends sign her up to a baking competition in Paris, meaning she can spend the festive season away from her home and the reminders of the past, she takes the opportunity. Little does she know just how much the competition will change her life ...

If you're looking for a girly, feel-good Christmas romance with plenty of recipe ideas thrown in, then this book won't disappoint!
Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug)
Dec 20, 2014 Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug) rated it it was amazing
This is the second Jenny Oliver book I have read within a month, and the second one that I will advise you not to read whilst you are hungry! Jenny Oliver is the best at writing about the most delicious creations. There is another theme that links the two books as both see someone leaving the comfort of their own home in the lead up to Christmas because of a man!

I loved this festive delight from Jenny Oliver, as she whisks us off to Paris to conjure up some Christmas magic. It is set mainly in t
Gingercat
Sep 27, 2015 Gingercat rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I knew from the blurb and the front cover that I was going to love The Parisian Christmas Bake Off and I certainly wasn’t wrong. This is an entertaining novella full to the brim of baking, romance and Christmas festivities.Rachel Smithson, primary teacher in the small town of Nettleton, is having a difficult year until her friends, family, fellow teachers and student all pull together and arrange for her to go to Paris to compete in a competition to become an apprentice to top chef, Hen
  • Just for Christmas
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Wrapped Up in You
  • Christmas at the Crescent
  • Make My Wish Come True
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Mistletoe in Manhattan
  • One Hundred Christmas Proposals (100 Proposals #2)
  • The French for Christmas
  • The Great Christmas Knit Off
  • Doubting Abbey (Doubting Abbey, #1)
  • The Christmas Bake-Off
  • A Vintage Christmas
  • Christmas at Claridge's
  • Country Loving (Talyton St George, #7)
  • Christmas Carol
Jenny Oliver is the bestselling author of The Summerhouse by the Sea - the PERFECT book for your summer reading! Out May 18th.
Her book The Sunshine and Biscotti Club, set in sunny Tuscany, was nominated for the Best Contemporary Romantic Novel at the RONA awards.
Jenny wrote her first book on holiday when she was ten years old. Illustrated with cut-out supermodels from her sister's Vogue, it was
More about Jenny Oliver...