Start by marking “Enemy In The Room” as Want to Read:
Enemy In The Room

Enemy In The Room

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  124 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Enemy In The Room is a fast paced geo-political thriller, intersected by the tragic choices of a modern prodigal daughter. An American CEO is secretly committed to killing the President and destroying the nation. His employees are unwittingly carrying out his plans. The threads are woven together with explosive actions and crisscrossed relationships. The characters confron ...more
Published October 9th 2013 by Edge Press

To ask other readers questions about Enemy In The Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enemy In The Room

Kathryn
This was well-written, and a bit scary to think that this could potentially be a real scenario. It made me think about the importance of taking an interest in world doings and politics (an area which I am often not too well-informed about) rather than leaving it to “everyone else”. It also made me think afresh about sin and consequences and the slippery slope that can lead from one (slight) wrongdoing into things that have major consequences and can hurt many people.
Jan
Jan 16, 2014 Jan rated it really liked it
Very well done. Wish there had been some spaces or stars or something when switching from one scene to another with different people. Maybe that was a function of the Kindle???
Jasonlylescampbell
Dec 03, 2013 Jasonlylescampbell rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great book. I try to write myself and so when my co-worker, Parker Hudson, gave me a copy of his latest novel, I was very interested. I was blown away by the variety of believable characters and overlapping plot lines. I really enjoyed the variety of cultures that come together in this book ... nominal to very religious, America, Middle East, Russia, business, college, teen, etc.

Trevor Knox was an interesting bad guy and again there was complexity around his different selve
Joe Holley
Jan 16, 2014 Joe Holley rated it really liked it
This was one of the best Christian fiction books I have ever read. Parker Hudson uses fiction to clearly illustrate the challenges we face today as individuals living in a country whose moral compass has wandered way off course. His characters are brilliant and easy to relate to though coming from many diverse backgrounds. This exposes the dangers we face as individuals and a nation in a very real way as he integrates current events into the lives of all of his characters and provides a clear pi ...more
Jessica Lalley
Jan 04, 2014 Jessica Lalley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults of all ages
A new book now in my TOP 10 favorites and one I will be giving as a gift to many friends and family this year. Fast paced thriller and eerie to read about how the "enemy" uses the information they acquire from intercepting phone calls. Makes you think you are reading our front page news today! Also, I learned about the value of "relationship equity" and investing your time with others even if you can't fix them. Recommend for adults of all ages!
Zanese
Nov 28, 2013 Zanese rated it it was amazing
Enemy in the Room deftly interweaves a story that underscores moral values with the story of a terrorist cell that seeks to bring down world leaders, and, thus, the world. In the manner of Joel Rosenberg or Jeff Nesbit or Craig Parshall, author Parker Hudson develops the characters to give readers insight into the mind of terrorists-- that starkly parallels the mind of those characters that are otherwise morally corrupt,through their misuse of video technology. Some scenes are edge-of-your-seat ...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"This is why our faith will ultimately win over the world, because it is not just faith, but also a way to love, a way to govern. All aspects are united as one. Others are splintered into political factions, denominations, 'church and state.' Allah has designed Islam in this way so that one day his truth will rule the world. While everyone in the West argues and debates, we will command." (pg 159).

In the chilling novel, Enemy in the Room by Parker Hudson, readers get a first hand look at the ver
Kelly Bragg
Jan 19, 2014 Kelly Bragg rated it liked it
An interesting story, with a good hero. But towards the end it got WAY too preachy for me.
Loretta
Jun 20, 2014 Loretta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! An edge-of-your-seat thriller you will find hard to put down. I won this book in a Goodreads competition. It was a really nice surprise as I had read the book blurb and it looked good.

A highly placed businessman with a finger in every pie is far from being what he seems. Not just a fat cat profiteer, Trevor Knox is a man who has a driving passion, and a plan to topple the U.S. Government, which he is determined will succeed - at any cost.

David Sawyer, one of Knox's most valued employees, ha
Kevin
Jun 09, 2014 Kevin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, elibrary
This was a generic thriller that did not receive the average of three stars for a few reasons. First, additional editing was needed as there were some very basic grammatical/word-choice mistakes and occasional awkward sentences. Second, the story is about what you would expect given the summary but there are just too many annoyances (like how somehow the main character's entire family is involved - over and over again - was very stretched; some character actions seemed at odds with their develop ...more
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
Fantastic mystery

It wove the intensity of religion, politics, family and different cultures a very exciting and entertaining novel. A page turner

Pam Berrier
Dec 06, 2013 Pam Berrier rated it it was amazing
An amazing thriller that held my attention with every page, but also taught me so much. I recommend it to everyone.
Staci
May 30, 2015 Staci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
After pushing through, I came to enjoy this book. There's a couple of characters in the book that could have been left out and it would have been just fine. It was difficult to decide who the main character of the book was and why he was so passive. I ended up giving this book 4 stars because in the end I did enjoy it. I would have given 5 stars if it didn't take until the 50% mark to reveal what was really going on. Too many characters and jumping back and forth between those characters to grab ...more
Sally
Jan 05, 2015 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about this novel at first. It seemed disjointed and clumsily written. But it grew on me and I came to care about the characters. At times, it does come across as slightly unbelievable and over the top. But is it really?

This is a Christian novel, and there is discussion about faith and the differences between God and Allah. I should also add that the Christians are not perfect and the bad guys aren't all Iranian Muslims.
Reagan Ramsey
May 09, 2014 Reagan Ramsey rated it liked it
Enjoyed this book...though I'll admit that I am substantially more paranoid now than before I read it! It follows basically two characters who have their, well, character tested by the unethical and powerful will of the company they work for. They find that they are inadvertently supporting unscrupulous business practices and even terrorism...so they have to come to terms with who they are and want to be. Fast-paced and compelling. ...more
Hope R
Apr 26, 2014 Hope R rated it liked it
Fast paced book based on Christian ethics. In general the book avoided being too preachy. Didn't give a balanced view of faithful Muslims. The book portrayed Muslims as either non-practicing and lapsed from their faith or terrorists. I would have given the plot, momentum, characters (the book in general) four stars, but I found the skewing the perspective for the sake of plot irresponsible.
Cyndee Aerts
Mar 26, 2014 Cyndee Aerts rated it really liked it
It was a page turner. A few too many characters in the beginning, but then it gelled and got going.
Sort of predictable if one reads many mysteries/ spy thrillers, but the intricate technology was cutting edge cool.
Not a classic in the sense of Gone with the Wind, but definitely a good read for those interested in the spread of radical Islam.
Quite believable.
Carolyn
Feb 15, 2014 Carolyn rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but it made me feel very uncomfortable at times. I usually read a book in a day or two but this one took me several weeks to finish. I believe that is because of the uncomfortable feelings. The spying is happening on a daily basis in real life and issues like these are confronted every day by families. Very well written and thought-evoking.
Florence Primrose
Sep 04, 2014 Florence Primrose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laura Haskin
Apr 04, 2014 Laura Haskin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What A Story!

Parker Hudson's writing is very descriptive. It flows from scene too scene so there are not any long chapters to wade through. This fictional story has a ring of truth to it. Mr Hudson's writing can be compared to that of the late Tom Clancy.

Bob
Mar 08, 2014 Bob rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well this started out pretty good with an interesting premise and one that was not that far fetched. An American Muslim and owner of a huge communication conglomerate is secretly on a mission to create world wide Muslim control under Shira law by placing hardliners in positions of power in the governments and expanding his empire by using a secret group that monitors and makes use of worldwide electronic communications to his advantage. When some of his employees begin to have doubts and questio ...more
Jen
Apr 08, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it
This was actually a pretty good book. I was hesitant when reading through other reviews but I thought I would give it a chance. Glad I did. The end could have gone several ways so it kept me guessing until the end.
Catilun
Jan 09, 2014 Catilun rated it did not like it
"My religion is the only true religion" is what this should have been called for all the not-so-subtle references to how every other religion in the world (yes, WORLD) is false. The plot was actually a completely original idea but it gets an epic fail in execution. If you want to read one mans narrow-minded viewpoint which should serve to make you thankful this country was founded on freedom of religion, than here is your book
Anthea Harms
Mar 01, 2014 Anthea Harms rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-finished
I dumped it at chapter 19 of 30...it really has no substance. It is the author's (very weak attempt) to write about the conspiracy of Muslims to take over the USA economy and I guess, rule the world.

Painful experience this one. I tried going for more than a week...no luck! After all I read for my pleasure!!
Sharon Olsen
Thought provoking

fast paced and frightfully realistic. Will there ever be a time when humanity's hatred for differences not be couched in religious beliefs
Danny Bobby
This wasn't bad. It was interesting and fun to read, but I think I'm a little burned out on action/spy/terrorist books for now.
Cindi
Mar 04, 2014 Cindi rated it liked it
A free book from bookbuds....one heck pf a scary ride.closer to a 3plus!!!!
Jalynn
Didn't make it all the way through. Very slow paced and badly written in some places. Also very confusing as it jumps from one pov to another with no clear indication it was switching.
Molly
Feb 24, 2014 Molly rated it really liked it
Going into this book I didn't realize it'd be heavy on the Christian theme. I'd never heard of the author beforehand. The first 3/4 of the book were excellent, but it got very preachy towards the end. So much so, I almost put it down. But it's a great story otherwise. Lots of layers and mystery.
Kay
Jan 04, 2014 Kay rated it it was ok
unbelievable
  • Angelguard (Chronicles of the Angelguard #1)
  • Cool Blue Tomb (Soc Series)
  • No One Can Know
  • The Price of Innocence
  • Fear Has a Name (The Crittendon Files, #1)
  • Fairwood
  • Malicious
  • Diary of an Assassin
  • America's Trust
  • Childless
  • An Open Heart
  • Long Holler Road - A Dark Southern Thriller
  • The Alberta Connection (A Ryce Dalton Novel)
  • Chasing the Storm
  • Lethal Harvest (Bioethics #1)
  • Angel of Wrath