Start by marking “Undead Winter - Novella” as Want to Read:
Undead Winter - Novella

Undead Winter - Novella

One little touch. That's all it takes for the darkness to penetrate. To infect. To destroy.

A plague has incapacitated humanity, spreading across the globe faster than it could ever possibly be contained. Almost overnight the world is awakened to a new reality and the realization that no one is safe, not a single living soul.

As the virus takes control, humanity is brought c
Paperback, 2nd, 75 pages
Published January 9th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Undead Winter - Novella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undead Winter - Novella

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
469th out of 1,417 books — 3,957 voters

More lists with this book...

Melanie
Feb 20, 2015 Melanie rated it it was ok
Interesting take on zombies. In this short story the zombies are sentient, smart, and conniving. They are also wicked in ways I've never seen before.

This story is broken up into multiple POV, and at times I became frustrated with the constant switching back and forth. It seemed as though there were too many main characters, and while the chapters jump from protagonist to protagonist, they also jump around in time too. So while you are trying to remember which character you are reading about and
Randy Harmelink
This just wasn't my kind of zombie/infected story. I didn't care for the nature of the zombies/infected and I'm not a fan of books that are alternating between 4 and 5 stories, especially in something of this length. Probably an unfair criticism, because the stories did connect.
Jules
Feb 20, 2013 Jules rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, let me preface this by saying this is a novellette, not a full length book. So if you're purchasing this expecting a 70,000+ word novel, you're probably going to be confused.

On to the good stuff.

I loved this! "Undead Winter" follows the perspective of five people stuck in the midst of a zombie apocalypse -- Marcus, Christoph, Lana, Marge, and the President. Each of their stories is divided into two halves, with the first half providing us with insight into each of their (often very precariou
Jake Pruden
Apr 15, 2013 Jake Pruden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for free on Amazon and wasnt expecting much since it was a novella. How much of a zombie story could possibly be written in a short story?

My mind has been blown. I coudlnt beleive how invested i became in the characters. I finished reading this just a few days ago and its still in my mind. This book is what novellas are for. Williams is a brilliant writer. He keeps it simple and gives us just enough that our imagiation can run wile, and it does. I think im forever a fan.

im exci
Jan B
Jan 12, 2015 Jan B rated it it was amazing
I will admit that I was a bit hesitant to read this book at first since zombies aren't really my thing. Well call me pleasantly surprised. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, which I suppose was based on stereotypes and a viewing of Night of the Living Dead when I was a kid. I was immediately drawn in and felt vested in the fate of the characters somehow. Since it is a novella I was left wanting more and that's the best compliment I can give this book. If you tend to like this genre, then thi ...more
Larry Williams
Apr 09, 2013 Larry Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story proves that adage "short and sweet" to the tenth degree. The cover shows enough to create the mental image of a nightmare unfolding in the coldest of hells. That set the stage for an amazing read.

Once inside; I expected an exciting story of life and death containing the expected depictions of undead former humans lurking around and eating the living. I was pleasantly surprised that there was more to it than that. Each main character was not only facing death or a future wandering with
René
Aug 10, 2015 René rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, paranormal, arc
A review copy of this book was provided by the author.

I started this story expecting it to be just another version of the same old zombie apocalypse. What I got was so much more. This novella pulled me in quick and had me on the edge of my seat until the very end. It brings a very new and interesting twist to the world of zombies. It had me wondering what I would do if something like this really ever happened.

Undead Winter follows 5 characters, Marcus, Christoph, Lana, Marge, and the President,
Amy
May 09, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
I received this novella free in exchange for a review.

I read this in one sitting because I just couldn’t put it down. The stories’ perspective is told by different people. It doesn’t matter if they are in the same situation, each person will have a different story to tell. I love this style of writing.

The infection causes people to become primal. Even though the heart has stopped, there is still some human left in the brain function. Just enough to get them by. However, the primal rage and urge
Nicole
Jan 05, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty "into" zombies... I live for "The Walking Dead". I've seen "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later", the "Resident Evil"'s, "Dead Snow", etc. and I even love the comedies like "Zombieland" and "Shawn of the Dead". I've read "The Passage" and "The Twelve". I've played "Plants vs Zombies" ;)

So I thought this book would be a version of something I've already seen or read. Not even close. This is a must read for any zombie-phile! I really enjoyed going from character to character and their in
Liz Wright
Jan 16, 2015 Liz Wright rated it it was amazing
I am by no means an expert in anything zombie, but I enjoy a good zombie story. I read Undead Winter with an expectation that it was going to be another zombie story (which is not a high expectation). Completely wrong. When I finished reading, I shook my tablet, saying, “NO, MORE!!!! I want MORE!” While this was a novella, as the reader you definitely felt connected to the characters and enjoyed watching the interactions between the different characters unfold. Each section describes a different ...more
Jenna
Feb 20, 2013 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author posted a free chapter on her facebook, and I was immediately wanting more. I went to amazon and had it sent to my ipad, I was amazed at the strength of the characters, the depth of emotions, the feelings that this story evoked in me, and how invested I became in these characters lives in such a short period. This is truly the best short story I've ever read, and at the end had me frantically trying to turn the page, hoping there would be more. If this is any indication of the works th ...more
Feb 01, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
good read, loved it, a real page turner.
Kelley
Apr 17, 2013 Kelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the descriptive writing. I could see everything she was describing clearly in my mind as if I was there. I cannot WAIT until I can read more about this zombie apocalypse and see how all the characters turn out!
Mark
May 08, 2013 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took just a couple hours to read this fantastic novella and I have no problem rating it five stars and plan to read it again when the author turns it into a full length novel.
Sarah Tilsley
Plot was good, it could very well have been written as a novel instead. It kept me intrigued and wanting to read more. For a free download, I was pleased with this novella.
Dee Pruitt
Jun 10, 2013 Dee Pruitt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about stimulating! How the whole story unfolds puts you on the edge of your seat. The zombies are coming...and they are coming after you! Loved it!
Carrie
Jun 28, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but very enjoyable zombie book. This one had a different spin on it. Zombies were fast, strong AND intelligent. That put a different spin on things.
Amanda
Nov 18, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read the full novel of this.
Barbara Justiniano
Apr 06, 2015 Barbara Justiniano rated it really liked it
Very good and creepy short story.
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Tammy G.Beard
Tammy G.Beard rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
T.M. Williams
Jul 22, 2016 T.M. Williams added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Katherine Thomas
Katherine Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Scooter Pospech
Scooter Pospech marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
B
B marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
barbara liddle
barbara liddle rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Joy Jensen
Joy Jensen marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Melanie L. Sims
Melanie L. Sims marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover 5 23 Oct 22, 2013 09:49PM
Undead Winter - 25 copies available for ARR 1 3 May 10, 2013 10:01PM
  • RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • The Stadium (The Peeling, #2)
  • Desolation
  • The Boat
  • Z-Burbia (Z-Burbia, #1)
  • Scattered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #3.5)
  • The Skeleton Song (The Hollows, #0.5)
  • Zombie Cinderella (Zombie Fairy Tales #1)
  • Saving Mrs. Claus (An Apocalyptic Fairytale)
  • The Demon You Know (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom #4.5)
  • All You Can Eat (Fat Vampire, #3)
  • Words With Fiends
  • Doctor Who Encyclopedia
  • Kingdom (Tiber City, #1)
  • Foreverland is Dead (Foreverland, #2)
  • The Silo Archipelago
T.M. Williams began her writing career by accident when a song inspired a story. Once she discovered the writing bug she couldn't stop. Since starting her writing career late in 2012 she has gone on to write several more novels, including three Amazon best-sellers.

Genre: Experimental Fiction and Non-Fiction

To stay up-to-date on her work, book-signings, and events, you can follow her on her websit
More about T.M. Williams...

“Don't judge me. Ethics and morality no longer exist in our world. It's a luxury of the past, afforded only to those who had a future.” 13 likes