Start by marking “For Love or Treasure (A Mermaid Isle Romance, #2)” as Want to Read:
For Love or Treasure (A Mermaid Isle Romance, #2)

For Love or Treasure (A Mermaid Isle Romance #2)

Lucy’s been scouring through her ancestor’s journal in the hope of finding the long lost pirate treasure of Mermaid Isle. But when a sexy stranger walks into her bookstore looking like the very pirates she’s been reading about, she can’t ignore their immediate attraction and soon finds herself throwing caution to the wind and falling for Niall.

Niall’s one goal is to find t
Published (first published October 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about For Love or Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Love or Treasure

Christen Young
I read this series as it is the follow up series to MacKay's Highland series and I was able to get all the books for free through Kindle Unlimited. When I have trouble sleeping at night, I prefer to read mindless chick-lit type books and both these series definitely fit that criteria. The first series started off cute, but the author liked to use the phrase "by the gods" incessantly. At first I thought it was a phrase that she had only her Scottish characters use, but by the gods I was wrong. ...more
Kim Beck
Oct 01, 2014 Kim Beck rated it liked it
This book is number two in the series and yes it gives you a story about a lost treasure and the fiery red head Lucy and the sexy pirate Niall. Only the only part that felt like I was reading a different book then the first was the fact in fact the times when the treasure comes into play. The romance between the two main characters followed what was done in the first book, you have a guy who lies, the girl finds out and then the guy has to find a way back into her life because he can't live with ...more
Donna Porter
May 16, 2015 Donna Porter rated it it was amazing
Lucy owns a bookstore/coffee shop on Mermaid Isle. She has been looking for a treasure hidden there a long time ago by a pirate who is a descendant of hers. Niall comes to the Isle to also look for the lost treasure. He is a descendant of the rival pirate but he doesn't tell anyone why he is on the Isle. Lucy is very attracted to Niall and he to her. They start a lovers relationship without strings attached but you know how that goes. Niall has not told Lucy why he is here and he also thinks she ...more
Candy
Nov 05, 2015 Candy rated it it was amazing
A meeting between two people who happen to be looking for the same thing. One is keeping his intentions a secret while the other isn't really hiding her intentions but also isn't aware of the truth behind the other person's motivations. Freaking love when I find stories with Maine attached in one way or another. The adventures I have read by Cali MacKay so far have been amazing! Can't wait for more!
Jennifer Gallagher
Mar 14, 2014 Jennifer Gallagher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-series
Cali Mackay Has written a a sexy steamy second book in the mermaid isle series.. I loved the connection between Lucy and Niall.. they are both looking for the treasure of their ancestors.. and find love with each other... will their love last or will the treasure stand in their way.. you need to read the book to find out.. I will not give it away I detest spoilers..
Tami
Aug 10, 2016 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book and could not stop reading it. It appears I am addicted to another amazing author.

Lucy, is an amazing leading lady and Niall is so frustrating at times, he is a man so I guess that is to be expected.:) Pirates, a treasure, lust and maybe a chance at love has all of the elements for a wonderful and exciting romance story. I am excited to read about Ethan next!!
Catherine Montgomery
Fantastic Read!

I loved getting to know these characters! And I know that trust is such a huge part of a relationship, I someday hope that we all can find a great relationship that is truly built on trust and love.
Jean Oram
How much can you trust someone who wants the same thing as you do? Probably a lot. Unless you are searching for an ancient treasure that was left behind by your ancestors. Pair up with another hunter or betray him? And what happens when your feelings begin to feel very real?
Stacie Marquart
Nov 23, 2014 Stacie Marquart rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. Love the talk of pirates and treasure. The ups and downs with Lucy and Niall not knowing what was going to happen was great to read about.

Jemi Fraser
Aug 26, 2016 Jemi Fraser rated it it was amazing
I was honoured to beta read this one and it's another winner! Cali creates such memorable characters who draw you right in. Her plot twists and turns will keep you turning pages. A great read!!
Chelsey Weck
Chelsey Weck rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
chelle
chelle rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Wendy Mcguigan
Wendy Mcguigan rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2016
Rolanda Murphy
Rolanda Murphy rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Nicole Baylor
Nicole Baylor rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Brad DeJonge
Brad DeJonge rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Amy Griffin
Amy Griffin rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Amy Jacko
Amy Jacko rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Maria Moore
Maria Moore rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Amanda Coleman
Amanda Coleman rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Antonette Pierce
Antonette Pierce rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2013
SKR
SKR rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Donnas
Donnas rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2014
Fran Creeden
Fran Creeden rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Meredith Pimentel
Meredith Pimentel rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Susan Gramza
Susan Gramza rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Wendy Hodges
Wendy Hodges rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Maine Christmas...or Two - A Duet: The Billionaire's Angel & A Mermaid Isle Christmas (The Sinclairs, #0.5; A Mermaid Isle Romance, #2.5)
  • Change My Heart (Clover Series, #2)
  • Letters To Luca (Reunion Series, #3)
  • Married By Contract
  • Devil on a Sparrow's Wing (Viridis, #2)
  • Home Fires
  • Virginia Bloom (Virginia Home)
  • Code Red Christmas (The Coach's Boys Series #5)
  • White Collar Cowboy (Shadow Maverick Ranch, #1)
  • Change My Mind (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #2)
  • Everlasting (Evers, Texas, #2)
  • Off the Charts (Serendipity Adventure Romance, #0.5)
  • The Calendar of New Beginnings (Dare Valley, #9)
  • The Bodyguard's Baby (Billionaire Bodyguard, #3.5)
  • The Wish Series Boxed Set (Wish, #1-3)
  • Teased  (Resisting the Billionaire, #1)
  • Picture Perfect (Butler Island, #1)
  • Surrender (Aspen, #5)
Cali MacKay is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in New England with her husband, two girls and their crazy mutt. When not tapping away on her laptop and getting her characters into trouble, she can be found designing book covers for other authors, wrangling her girls, and splicing DNA.

She's also a decent potter, adventurous cook, and a horrible gardener.
More about Cali MacKay...

A Mermaid Isle Romance (4 books)
  • One Sweet Summer (A Mermaid Isle Romance, #1)
  • Sweet Danger (A Mermaid Isle Romance, #3)
  • A Mermaid Isle Christmas (A Mermaid Isle Romance #4)