Start by marking “Sex in the Title: A Comedy about Dating, Sex, and Romance in NYC (Back When Phones Weren't So Smart)” as Want to Read:

New York City, May 2000. The Internet bubble has burst and Evan, a computer programmer, is fired with an email from his boss. The next day, his girlfriend dumps him, also via email. Afraid to check any more emails, Evan desperately seeks a rebound romance but the catastrophes that ensue go from bad to hilariously worse.

Fortunately, Evan meets Sammy -- someone whose legend
Published October 20th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Sex in the Title, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex in the Title

Zack Love
A Book That Will Tickle You To Tears And Then Make Hot Love To You

By now you've probably heard of this book – the male “Sex and the City” (set in NYC around Y2K). If you haven’t, you need to buy and read "Sex In The Title" ASAP so that you don’t look totally clueless at the next awesome party you attend (where EVERYONE will be talking about this hilarious romantic comedy).

And here's some fun gossip that you can share, to impress everyone at that party (so that you seem like you’re REALLY on top
K.M. Golland
TALK ABOUT ONE HELL OF A CLEVER READ 5+++ STARS
Where do I start?
*'At the beginning, Dumbass’ one of my shoulder angels replies* And, me being one to tell said shoulder angel to ‘Bite me’, decides that I’m going to instead start at the end. Why? Because I LOVED the end. (Not to mention the fact that I never do as I am told)

Those of you who follow my reviews know that I’m a cliffy-hater. Cliffys make me perform murderous acts with sharp objects on my pillow. *Nods head in confirmation* It’s true!
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Aug 21, 2014 Kelly (and the Book Boar) rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2014
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Once upon a time, in a land far far away there lived a girl who wrote one-line reviews and was flattered to receive a request from an author to read/review a new book for free. Once downloaded, the girl immediately forgot about said freebie and continued making her thrice weekly treks to the local crackhouse library (stole that from Shelby). Months passed and the girl began to poke around on her Kindle only to find this forgotten title
J.L. Brooks
Jan 12, 2014 J.L. Brooks rated it it was amazing
"Every human relationship begins with a coincidence."

"By contrast, friends and lovers choose each other, but even these choices are reactions to what ever random coincidence made the resulting relationship possible."

-Zack Love

I kind of want to extend my middle finger at Mr. Love after reading this, all the while donning a devious smirk. As a fellow writer I find myself subconsciously critical of others work. What this book did for me was the reason I started telling stories in the first place an
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Genre - Romance from a Man's POV
Rating - 3 1/2 out of 5
Stars

Review
I liked this book and I found myself chuckling many times throughout the book. I loved how the story starts with a set of friends and then switches to another set of friends in order to build up the characters and give us their back-story. Then through a series of incidents totally irrelevant from the other, one man from each group end
Carrie
Dec 21, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Humorous, well written, just all around a great read! I really enjoyed meeting Evan and Heeb and their pals, and reading about their experiences in NYC and beyond. Definitely recommend.
Sky
May 06, 2015 Sky rated it it was amazing
--I was so excited reliving the story as I wrote this review--hoping I didn't leave anything out!--

This is one of those books when after you’ve finished reading and want to rave about it so much, that it’s just too difficult to decide, “Where to begin?!”
Let’s start with the author; This is Zach Love’s very first book and the history with it is that it was written many years ago but is just now publishing it. One thing came to mind when I discovered this, “We’ve been missing out on this for that
Jade
Dec 06, 2013 Jade rated it it was amazing
*** MUST READ***
This review contains NO spoilers.

Okay, first let me start by just praising the author of this book, because his writing is completely FLAWLESS for a 'newbie'. I read a lot of novels by newbie authors and it's very rare I come across something that flows with ease. So Zack well done for that.

The character descriptions in this novel are amazing, well to be honest the whole of the descriptive writing is... Every little detail is described thoroughly.
I also love the fact that he has
Diane
Jan 18, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing
What do I think? I think this book is absolutely hilarious. Zack took you inside the minds of five men with varying degrees of craziness. From lists to who qualifies as a person worth sleeping with to a plan to date women of a different nationalities until the age of 30 these men go through some experiences that I have no doubt happened to men in real life. Falling in love with a movie star happens to not only males but females too. What makes this fun is Evan's experiences with this. Heeb ...more
Lisa
Jan 14, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Witty, comical and forever etched in my brain as the only book that made me spit my coffee all over my tablet haha, thankfully my tablet isnt ruined.

My praise for author Zack Love for creating a five star stellar story and from the male's POV by a male author which I dont see very often.

Intellectual and endearing as well as funny, i would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys philosophical discussions with a healthy dose of self deprication and laugh out load comedy situations.
Lindsey Melia
Dec 06, 2013 Lindsey Melia rated it it was amazing

Omg,can I just start off saying that you guys have got to read this book! It is LOL hilarious. Some of the stuff the happen's in it is UNREAL. I found myself looking at my kindle going 'no frigging way dud that just happen' while tears where rolling down my face with laughter.

This book surrounds five mid to late twenty's men. Showing how they met,and the story of how they got to that point. It is back in the year 2000-01. With some time before hand from each blokes perspective. This book shows t
Booty Dancin Graphix BOOK fri-ENDS
Here's a question. When you see a book with the title "Sex In The Title" is it just me or do you automatically think, WOW here's a book about sex? Ok maybe that could just be me because my mind is like a guy’s, and I can make anything about sex but come on. It's literally in the title. Either way it's a catchy title that had me intrigued, and my finger was clicking fast to see what this book was about. I'm so happy I did because this book was a refreshing different type of read. Told completely ...more
Crystal Solis
Jan 09, 2014 Crystal Solis rated it it was amazing
Sex in the Title was a ridiculously funny book. It reminded me of hanging out with my brother and his friends. The situations and shenanigans these guys put themselves in...Zack Love couldn't have made me laugh more. At the beginning of the story, I was introduced to Evan, and even though he was going through a rough time in his life, I did not like him or the douchey decisions he made.
I then met Sammy and Carlos, and those two were polar opposites who balanced each other out. Then due to a hor
Yessi Smith
Dec 24, 2013 Yessi Smith rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Sex in the Title? It's funny, it's light, it's romantic. It's all these things, but so much more. I want so badly to rave and give this book the credit it deserves, but just don't know where to start...

The book introduces us to five men, all in their prime, in the 1990's. Already, I love this book simply because of the year it's staged in, but I digress. We follow them through their misadventures that will have you snort out in laughter. Seriously. The dialogue is entertaini
Heather
Jan 08, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok
The first 4 chapters are about Evan and his attempts to score which lead to a very embarrassing night. When Chucky and Heeb were introduced in chapter 5, I was a bit confused especially since there wasn't a transition-- it was almost like a new book.

Parts were funny and I did laugh, but I found that the dialogue didn't seem realistic, especially in the hospital. It took a very very long time -nearly 75%- for this group of guys to discover each other, so the last 25% seemed rushed to me. I don'
Lyndsey Wharton
Dec 15, 2013 Lyndsey Wharton rated it it was amazing
Zack Love's Sex In The Title was by far the funniest book I have read this year, It was completely different to what I normally read but it had me hooked by the five diverse characters Evan, Heeb, Narc, Carlos and Trevor and how they come together and get to know one another.

I love the fact that it was written by a man and how he shows us that men also have worries over the same problems us ladies do from life in general to romance and lack of self confidence.

It was definitely a refreshing read
Misty
Dec 09, 2013 Misty rated it it was amazing
Okay, so first let me say this. This book is written by a male..yup you’ve read that right..lol..this book is “LIKE” Sex in the City only with men as the focal point. I LOVED that the most about the book, I’ve always wondered what its like being the male approaching the woman and what they really think etc. This book delivers that and so so much more!!

So let’s take a moment and give a round of applause to ZACK LOVE for writing this funtastic read. Zack has done something many authors wish they h
Abby P.Cook
Dec 05, 2013 Abby P.Cook rated it it was amazing
Not what I was expecting! "Sex in the Title" was such a nice change from what I am use to reading. I loved reading from the male POV on dating, friends, life and all the disasters that the characters went through.

This book was hilarious!

The Five guys we meet, Evan, Sammy (Heeb), Carlos, Trevor and Yi Wang (Narc) are completely lovable guys that you just can't help but to want to give a big fat hug to after reading about their dating catastrophes and the things they go through. I mean REALLY!!!
Jen Cothran
Nov 22, 2013 Jen Cothran rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jen by: Zack Love
Absolutely loved reading about Evan and his friends and their adventures of being single in NYC! Growing up in the 90's and living through the age of tech changes, I totally fell in love with this book. The five main male characters have great witty and sophisticated dialog and higher education humor. Misadventures happen to bring friends together in the most unthinkable conditions.

I came away with some quirky Heeb-isms and Evan-isms and even a few Narc-isms....for those who have yet to enjoy t
Jenny
Jan 14, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I was pretty excited when Love came to us with information about his new book Sex in the Title. The first thing that caught my attention was his name. How appropriate it was for this book. The second thing was the way he corresponds to you. It's the exact same way his book is written. Intellectual writing, I like to call it. When I first read the summary of the book, I was hooked. A male version of Sex in the City? Hell yes! Once I began to read, I realized that this book was ...more
karen
Apr 13, 2014 karen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any
Recommended to karen by: amazon kindle

Well where to start with Sex In The Title........

Made me smile, giggle and laugh out loud all the way through !!!

Little tip for any men out there for future reference.......... DO NOT fall asleep while in the company of a cat :D

Male version of Sex In The City could maybe describe it BUT truthfully, that description does NOT do this book justice. In my opinion Sex In The Title is sooo much more.

Refreshing to hear the male ego can be as sensitive (maybe more) than a females haha

Zack Love has a wic
Jan 14, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing throughout the entire thing - I mean moments that I literally was laughing out loud, causing others to stare :) What a great story - reminded me of Sex and the City, but with a group of guys. They all had their own issues, their own story and all very different, but it was quite entertaining to see them all come together. I loved getting to know each character and following their story lines, finally seeing them all merge together! These boys are crazy, funny, sexy and ...more
Kelly Wise
Jan 27, 2014 Kelly Wise rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny! What I really liked is that this book was written by a man - I don't usually read books written by men. But sssoooo glad I gave this one a chance. Zach Love has gotten a new and loyal fan out of this girl. The relationships between the 5 guys and the situations they get themselves in and out of were enough to keep me reading until 3 am when I finished the book!
Dana
Jan 09, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down! Was def a very funny read!I loved getting an in site into the male psyche!
Ingrid Hall
Dec 26, 2013 Ingrid Hall rated it liked it
I had very high hopes about Sex in the Title a comedy revolving around the lives of several young men and it's fair to say that the first few chapters certainly didn't disappoint! I thought the parody of Sex in the City was clever and loved that the book is told purely from the male perspective all the way throughout and the character's, their experiences and the way they see things definitely had more than a ring of truth about it.

Evan as a character totally hooked me and I was practically wett
Dee Montoya
Jan 23, 2014 Dee Montoya rated it liked it
***3.5 Funny Stars***

I first came across this author on FB, he was hosting a thread on one of my favorite blogs and he was totally hilarious and charming, all the girls and myself included were having a great time interacting with this guy, immediately I decided to get a copy of Sex in the Title and started reading.

What is interesting about this book is that, is not only written by a man, but that it's about the dating experiences men go through and those can messy and yet fascinating. This boo
Paul Little
Dec 04, 2013 Paul Little rated it it was amazing
This is a rather funny book that has so far been very well received since its release. It is worth this praise and success in large measure because it is a witty, well thought out, splendidly executed satire on growing up at the time when I grew up. It is certainly funny in of itself, but now it also has that sort of ‘retro’ feel to it, that half emotional ambience about how things were so much better / downright archaic back at the turn of the century (depending upon whether you grew up then or ...more
Magic Within the Pages
Dec 27, 2013 Magic Within the Pages rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Kaylene - Magic Within The Pages
Rating: 5 Stars

Sex in the Title is a lovely surprise and very, very funny. This book is not from my usual genre so I wasn’t sure how I would go reading it, but it ended up being a page turner and extremely well written from a male perspective.

During this fantastic adventure we meet five men, Evan, Sammy (Heeb), Carlos, Trevor and Yi Wang (Narc) as we wander through their dating disasters. It is really interesting reading a male perspective on dating and
Anna- Maria Butucescu
Sep 08, 2015 Anna- Maria Butucescu rated it it was amazing
"I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer"- Woody Allen used to say - and clearly this resonates in Zack Love's title. But, contrary to the salacious introduction, this book isn' t just about sex.
Following the (mis)adventures of five ethnically diverse young men in their pursuit of sex, love and ultimately happiness, Sex in the Title is a piercing satire drawing inspiration from love, friendship and the challenges of adulthood. The obstacles life throws our way and the coping
Jessica Leonard
Jan 12, 2014 Jessica Leonard rated it it was amazing
Where to begin?!?!

From the minute you meet Evan, your mouth will be open in a constant "o", covering it a various moments and saying "no way".

And it gets better! Wait till you meet Narc, Sammy, Trevor and Carlos (aka the Posse); who also shares in their fortunes and misfortunes of dating, sex, and life. As a woman reading this I find it intriguing to read a males perspective on what they find embarrassing, rules to dating, and their criteria on women. Now let me tell you, all the "Posse's" misfo
The Perks Of Bein...: Sex in the Title by Zack Love 9 197 Oct 06, 2014 03:07PM
Editio Self-Publi...: Discounted Ebooks 2 9 Jun 22, 2014 09:43PM
The Seasonal Read...: Cheap and Discounted Ebooks 2 20 Jun 17, 2014 09:51AM
Chaos Reading: Cheap and Discounted Ebooks 1 13 Jun 13, 2014 01:33PM
Tips for Self Pro...: Zack Love 1 8 Jun 13, 2014 01:16PM
Bargain Basement: On sale -- for a limited time only 1 8 Jun 13, 2014 11:37AM
Book Promotions: Romantic Comedy 99 Cents 1 3 Mar 12, 2014 02:41PM
  • NOT A BOOK: Hasty Resolution
  • Life's A Cappella (A Cappella, #1)
  • The Suicide Princess
  • Hope Breaks
  • Non Friction
  • Sex Snob
  • Dressed in White
  • Academy of Love
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 5 "Escape" (My Masters' Nightmare, #5)
  • Maybe Fate
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe
  • Passion After Dark (Passion, #1)
  • What goes around comes around (Lily's Story #1)
  • Tag Chaser (Chasers, #1)
  • Someone Different
  • Utterly Sluttily
  • Angels Dawn (Dawn, #1)
  • Breaking Her (Ever After, #1.5)
Pardon the minimal content here. You're more likely to find new stuff on my author site: http://zacklove.com

And here's my bio:

Zack Love graduated from Harvard College, where he studied mostly literature, psychology, philosophy, and film. After college, he moved to New York City and took a corporate consulting job that had absolutely nothing to do with his studies. The attacks of September 11, 2001
More about Zack Love...

“Every human relationship begins with a coincidence. Even the most fundamental relationship - that of parent and child - begins entirely with a coincidence. The child is produced by whatever serendipity brought its parents together, and the fact that the child was born to its particular parents instead of to another couple is pure happenstance. Thus, children have no choice over the relationship that is most important to their existence.
By contrast, friends and lovers choose each other, but even these choices are reactions to whatever random coincidence made the resulting relationship possible.”
16 likes
“...being in love can change almost anything: from your expectations and limitations to your very life plans. It's a completely unpredictable force. And how it operates within any particular relationship is a total mystery to anyone outside of that...” 14 likes