Start by marking “Bullseye (Will Robie, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Bullseye (Will Robie, #2.5)

Bullseye (Will Robie #2.5)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,311 Ratings  ·  270 Reviews
In this all-new short story from #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci, worlds collide when government assassin Will Robie is caught in the crossfire with Oliver Stone and the Camel Club.

Will Robie is closing in on his next target when he finds himself in the middle of a bank heist--and he's taken hostage alongside Oliver Stone. But is this just a simple bank
Published February 4th 2014 by Grand Central Publishing

Will M.
Nov 13, 2014 Will M. rated it really liked it
Quite weird that this turned out way better than the second novel, considering that this is just a novella. Makes me want to read the third book asap, but Reel being one of the main characters again is quite repelling to be honest.
Susan
A great short where Baldacci intermingles two of his series. The Camel Club, a crew that have specialized skills that when combined make them unparalleled at stopping crime and Will Robie, a gun for hire that the U.S. government occasionally employes for high stakes operations.

When Oliver Stone, (Camel Club) and Will Robie find themselves in the middle of a bank heist, they must combine their skills to stop the perpetrators. As too much time passes and the thiefs start acting peculiar, the two
Judy Collins
Having read all the books in David Baldacci’s Will Robie series, including his latest, The Guilty, realized I had missed the novella, BULLSEYE (Will Robie #2.5). The audiobook was exceptional and narrator, Ron McLarty delivers an outstanding performance.

With assassin Will Robie, Oliver Stone and Camel Club collaboration-- is like having the thrill of Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller team up in the same book The Crossing.

BULLSEYE, a fantastic novella! David combines wit, hum
Matt
Feb 17, 2014 Matt rated it really liked it
A great mash-up of two successful series Baldacci has groomed over the years. When Oliver Stone and Will Robie end up at a bank branch simultaneously, what begins as a simple Saturday afternoon soon turns ugly. A bank robbery commences and they are both taken hostage, along with a handful of others. Before long, it appears that the bank is only a ruse and that the robbers have a larger target. With the help of The Camel Club, Stone and Robie uncover something much more sinister than neon purple ...more
David Dalton
Mar 19, 2014 David Dalton rated it really liked it
A very short thriller featuring my new favorite action character Will Robie (from The Innocent and The Hit), together with characters from the Camel Club series of books such as: The Camel Club. Just enough of a story to tease us fans until the next Will Robie story comes out in April: The Target. I love stories like these where an author will team up two of his most famous characters in one story. Looks like I will be branching out soon to other David Baldacci books.
Marleen
Mar 04, 2016 Marleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: david-baldacci
It’s a shocker I know but I never read any of the Camel Club books (Gasp!). I am however a fan of the Will Robie books, the first one “The Innocent” was simply fantastic and impactful.
“Bullseye” was a nice way to be introduced to the members of the Camel Club as one of them, Oliver Stone, crosses paths with Will Robie in this short story, which starts with a bank robbery but quickly turns out to be a more than that. Fortunately, Will and Oliver are at the bank as “clients” and thanks to their e
Darcy
Feb 06, 2014 Darcy rated it really liked it
This one was so much fun! I loved how the author mashed up 2 of his series, loved it so much that I would like to see Will Robbie become a full fledged member of the Camel Club.

It was so much fun to see that Oliver notice Will and for Will to realize how much that Oliver could help. I loved how Oliver alluded to his "friends" and how Will kept asking about these friends and if they could in fact help them. The sly comments between these 2 men were great too. They knew they had the same backgroun
Mala Ashok
Mar 14, 2016 Mala Ashok rated it it was amazing
This appears to be the first in the Will Robie series with an appearance by the Camel CLub members participating too. It is a short book and no wonder - with both Robie and the Camel CLub, it does not take long to take care of the bad guys!

The book is interesting enough to make readers want to read other books in the WIll Robie series. Mine is going to be "Hit."
Kathy
Feb 05, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
I don't know about you but I've been looking forward to the next Will Robie mystery for some time. The Target is out in April but David Baldacci has given us a short story to hold us over until then. Bullseye is set in Washington, DC. Will Robie is about ready to close in on his target when he finds himself in the middle of a bank robbery ... or does he? Oliver Stone and the Camel Club are back in action as well.

Great short story for fans. The beginning of The Target is on the last few pages. Lo
Kim Johnson
Aug 28, 2015 Kim Johnson rated it really liked it
Fast paced and short
Jenifer O'neill
Aug 25, 2015 Jenifer O'neill rated it liked it
too short
Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews
What seems like a very simple bank robbery turns into something completely different. It will take the two brilliant minds of Robie & Stone to put the pieces together and save a high profile person from a hit, and the skill of the Camel Club saves the day.
Is it bad to say that I have yet to read the Camel Club series? Hmmmm Well I wish I had, because they are a very interesting group. The short was awesome. For those who have read both series it’s the perfect union the only thing missing wa
Paula Howard
Feb 15, 2014 Paula Howard rated it it was amazing
Not usually a fan of novellas but jumped on Bullseye by David Balacci and it had Oliver Stone and the Camel Club in it. It has been far too long since we have had a new adventure by the Camel Club.

Oliver heads to deposit his check. Being the professional he is, he plans his arrival near the close of the bank. Sliding in right after him is Will Robie, who he doesn't know but did notice this man had be following him. Oliver realizes that Will is a professional but thinks he has been sent after Oli
Freda Malone
May 22, 2015 Freda Malone rated it it was amazing
Will Robie and Oliver Stone walk into a bank, simultaneously and unaware of each other. Stone is just cashing his check. Robie has a target. Is it Stone?

The scene instantly becomes a bank robbery and hostage situation but is it really?

This short story was a quick and tense read. I liked the way Stone and Robie quickly corroborated their situation and acted accordingly, saving the day.
Dugger
Feb 22, 2014 Dugger rated it it was amazing
Fun combo of the Camel Club characters and Will Robie. Looking forward to another novella with this group.
Joe Donnelly
Feb 23, 2014 Joe Donnelly rated it really liked it
This is the first of the Camel Club books that I have read, and a nice taster it was to for the series. Only a short story but a worthwhile read.
Josh
Apr 01, 2014 Josh rated it it was ok
I give Baldacci credit for both writing a short story and for combining his characters from different series. I haven't read any of the Camel Club books though, so none of those characters held any real impact for me. The plot is intriguing at first, but ultimately fails to the deliver kind of mystery and promise you expect. The writing is pretty basic and uninspired, to where I felt I was being written down to, honestly. The bad guys were unrealistic. This one really falls into the cracks as an ...more
Alan Marston
Dec 20, 2014 Alan Marston rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hero-thrillers
Gripping stuff. What a pleasure to meet up with The Camel Club again. Despite being in his sixties Oliver Stone has not lost his touch in working out what is really going on in what appears to be a bank heist. As usual he is ably supported by the other members of the Club, but without Will Robie being on the scene as well, resolution of the problem might not have been achievable.
Yet again it is very inventive of David Baldacci that he pairs the two of them together. Although this is a novella i
Skip
Mar 30, 2014 Skip rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller, e-books
As he is depositing his paycheck at a bank branch in an upscale mall, Oliver Stone (of Camel Club fame) and Will Robie are taken hostage by what seem to be bank robbers. However, the robbers have some non-standard heavy equipment and the duo determine there is another agenda. Oliver contacts his buddies from the Camel Club and together they defeat the criminals. Not enough is explained, such as why Will Robie is following Oliver in the first place and the coincidences, including the appearance o ...more
Nani
Aug 25, 2015 Nani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-2015
Bullseye is a short story, so it’s a quick read. It pairs Will Robie and The Camel Club, an awesome combination! At closing time on a Saturday at the bank in the mall, the security guard closing the door is killed by 4 people in masks with a covered cart. Will Robie and Oliver Stone are in the bank when the robbery starts. But is it a robbery or something else? The group is skilled and has the details down. They confiscate Robie’s gun and every cell phone or device of communication from the host ...more
Carl
Sep 08, 2014 Carl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I greatly enjoyed and have deeply missed the Camel Club books, but Oliver Stone and the Camel Club are back in action in this short story by David Baldacci: "Bullseye: An Original Will Robie/ Camel Club Short Story." I am not usually a fan of short stories, but when I saw this was a Camel Club, I had to get it. Not only does Baldacci give us the Camel Club, but he also combines his newer popular hero Will Robie into the story. "The Bullseye" is very well written, and it has a clever and well dev ...more
Matt Stolhand
Apr 08, 2014 Matt Stolhand rated it liked it
I really have enjoyed both Oliver Stone and Will Robie books. I thought that combining the two would be great but now, not so much. Two great charactors, Ok story. I think as interesting as Robie is he cannot hold his own with Stone. Now Stone with John Puller would be interesting. How would David Baldacci do that?

However, If you have not read a Baldacci book pick one up. They are filled with great plots, twists, and amazing charactors such as Stone, Robie, and my personal favorite John Puller.
Rick
Feb 07, 2014 Rick rated it really liked it
Fun little kindle short story that merges Baldacci's Camel Club characters with another of his series characters, will Robie. Robie and Stone find themselves as hostages in what first appears to be a bank robbery. As things develop it becomes clear that something larger than a bank robbery is underway. This is a nicely done pairing of two really good characters from different serieses. Well worth the $1.99
Laurie
Feb 26, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read, perfect for a 2-hour flight. Apparently, this book combines characters in two of Mr. Baldacci's earlier series. I haven't read either series, but the story works well even with characters who have been fully developed in earlier books. The plot is exciting and quick-paced. I haven't read Baldacci since reading Absolute Power years ago, but this short story made me a fan again.
Holly Sottile
Apr 15, 2015 Holly Sottile rated it it was ok
I felt like this was just a cheap ploy to cross-market to readers of each of the two series he combined here. It was interesting but without much backstory on anyone, I found it hard to care all that much about what would happen. I was also hoping it would somehow tie into the next book but it didn't... (At least not in the case of Will Robie. And it didn't make me want to read the Camel Club.
Anthony
Feb 06, 2014 Anthony rated it really liked it
If you're reading this, then you most likely know about Will Robie. Great character. More of a finesse killer, but very smart and capable. The best thing I liked about this short story was how Baldacci showed Robie's weak spots. Sure, he's an efficient killer, but there are other aspects of his craft that lend him vulnerable against similar skilled advesaries. It's not all about brawn or physical attributes, and that's shown clearly in this story. As for the story itself, it was fun to read. Bei ...more
Dakeyras
Apr 28, 2015 Dakeyras rated it really liked it
I thought this was an excellent short story featuring characters from the Camel Club books as well as Will Robie.

The action and dialogue were crisp & kept the pages turning. Even though I haven't read the books featuring these characters yet, I knew who they were and Baldacci does a great job of introducing everyone in a short amount of space and expressing how good they are.

My only complain is that I wish Robie were in it more. The short story showcases Oliver Stone's abilities and intellec
Shannon
May 31, 2014 Shannon rated it liked it
A nice little short story bringing Finn in again to help Annabelle, Alex, Ruben and Caleb find Oliver who accidentally teamed up with Robie who was looking to assassinate someone else when all their plans collided when another group started their plan to assassinate someone else. With me so far...actually the story reads much better and it's not bad.
Kellie Covert
Aug 03, 2015 Kellie Covert rated it it was amazing
A great short story. I wanted something short and easy to read on the airplane. While I didn't realize it, this book combines the stories of the Camel Club and Will Robie books by Baldacci. The characters were introduced in such a way that you didn't need to have read the other books. I would definitely read another by this author.
Carolyn
Aug 01, 2014 Carolyn rated it really liked it
This is a great cross-over between two of Baldacci's series -- Will Robie and The Camel Club. I especially liked because of my fondness for the characters who make up the Camel Club. Their interaction with Robie in the quick little case presented in this novella was quite intense and I would like to see them all get together again sometime -- maybe also with the addition of Jessica Reel.
Goodreads Librari...: Please update details 5 14 Mar 23, 2016 08:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge and update details 3 18 Mar 19, 2016 06:39AM
Will Robie a member of Triple 6? The Camel Club? 1 4 Feb 25, 2015 08:24PM
  • Ghosts (John Milton #4)
  • Free Fall: A Prelude to Hidden Order (Scot Harvath, #11.5)
  • Switchblade
  • The Admiral's Mark (Cotton Malone, #0.5)
  • The Dig (Pike Logan #1.5)
  • Ballistic (The Gray Man #3)
  • Rendezvous
  • The Hunter (Victor the Assassin, #1)
  • The Vessel (Vanessa Michael Munroe #3.5)
  • Pirate Alley (Tommy Carmellini, #5)
  • Imperfect Strangers
  • Bloodshot, Vol 2: The Rise and the Fall
  • Death of a Citizen (Matt Helm, #1)
  • The Last Run: A Queen & Country Novel
  • A Deadly Distance (Jack Noble #2)
David Baldacci writes because he can't imagine not writing. He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; one year later, it was adapted for film, with Clint Eastwood as its director and star. In total, David has published 30 novels for adults; all have been national and international bestsellers, and several have been adapted for film and television. His novels have been translated into ...more
More about David Baldacci...

Will Robie (4 books)
  • The Innocent (Will Robie, #1)
  • The Hit (Will Robie, #2)
  • The Target (Will Robie, #3)
  • The Guilty (Will Robie, #4)

“Chase pointed at the tellers behind the glass. “First, you keep your hands in plain view. If you hit any alarm button, silent or otherwise, everyone out here is dead.” 0 likes
“it was botched. A traffic police officer intervened and the whole plan fell apart. But that was from low-level external sources and had nothing to do with us. Our strike will be quick and clean. And it will succeed.” “And you have your team in place?” 0 likes