Start by marking “The Veil of a Thousand Tears (The Pearl Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Veil of a Thousand Tears (The Pearl Saga, #2)

The Veil of a Thousand Tears (Pearl Saga #2)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  465 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Having staked his claim as a master of epic fantasy with The Ring of Five Dragons, Eric Van Lustbader now returns to his world of Kundala to unearth new riches of wonder and excitement in this second volume of The Pearl saga.

With the help of her friends, Riane, the prophesied redeemer known as the Dar Sala-at, saved Kundala from annihilation, preserving natives and V'ornn
Published July 19th 2002 by Tor Fantasy (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Veil of a Thousand Tears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Veil of a Thousand Tears

Kristjan
Mar 15, 2009 Kristjan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you liked the first book ...
This is a book I should never have started; since I didn't really like the first one of the series either (except that the last part of the first book was actually okay and it had a cliff-hanger ending). The story itself would be two stars; however, the authors schtick of throwing together a basket of random letters into barely pronouncable combination just to give it an alien feel grew old fast ... and it never let up for the entire book. Simply put, there were so many made up words that the st ...more
Marie
Nov 04, 2012 Marie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to stop pretending that I am actually reading this book and that I intend to finish it. I read a few chapters, and here are the reasons why, based on the small amount I've read, I am allowed to hate it:

1) Everything (or half of the things) is "crystalline", and that's annoying. Generally, the whole focus on how pretty everything is, is really dull for me in all genres.
2) I didn't really care about or like any of the characters. Apart from their aesthetics they didn't really have any ob
MadMaxx
May 29, 2015 MadMaxx rated it liked it
This review won't be like the first book, i say pretty much what i have to say, but some part of me still wants to acknowledge this story. Maybe when i have more time and a large pot of coffee will i pick this back up, or when i suffer from insomnia and need to fall asleep. No that was cruel, it's just that this book is rather wordy, and not in the Lord of the Rings way where you deal with it cuz the rest of the book is great, but in a "I had to fill up this many pages so let me thing of a lot o ...more
Leodel Barrio
A good follow-up to the first novel. However, this book suffers the same problem with the first one, the world the author has created is overly detailed, the names and terms would give you a headache which can ultimately affect your reading experience.
Tyoung221
Sep 17, 2009 Tyoung221 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted more and hope that the story will continue one day.
Mounir Bashour
OK still go with my thought that this is a poor man's Dune trilogy.
Caspian
May 14, 2012 Caspian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this when I was twelve.
Jim
Jim added it
Jun 26, 2016
Jeremy Deadmond
Jeremy Deadmond rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
Jun 15, 2016
Garhau
Garhau marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
RosalieBlack
RosalieBlack rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Gagan
Gagan marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Joseph Denardo
Joseph Denardo rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Jongdo Lee
Jongdo Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Bernardo Teixeira De Abreu
Bernardo Teixeira De Abreu rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Jamarri Shah
Jamarri Shah rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Taryn
Taryn added it
May 28, 2016
Beau
Beau added it
May 27, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Diana Innes
Diana Innes rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
Pete Fosselius
Pete Fosselius marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Brad
Brad rated it it was ok
May 08, 2016
John Stephens
John Stephens rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Vesna Denić
Vesna Denić rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
  • Fools' Experiments
  • Ararat
  • Flux (Maps in a Mirror #2)
  • Shiva: The Wild God of Power and Ecstasy
  • The Flight from the Enchanter
  • The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life
  • 101 Places Not to See Before You Die
  • Murder at the ABA
  • Don't Know Much About Geography: Everything You Need to Know About the World but Never Learned
Eric Van Lustbader was born and raised in Greenwich Village. He is the author of more than twenty-five best-selling novels, including The Ninja, in which he introduced Nicholas Linnear, one of modern fiction's most beloved and enduring heroes. The Ninja was sold to 20th CenturyFox, to be made into a major motion picture. His novels have been translated into over twenty languages.

Mr. Lustbader is
More about Eric Van Lustbader...

Pearl Saga (3 books)
  • The Ring of Five Dragons (The Pearl Saga, #1)
  • Mistress of the Pearl (The Pearl Saga, #3)