Start by marking “The Recycled Citizen (Kelling & Bittersohn, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Recycled Citizen (Kelling & Bittersohn, #7)

The Recycled Citizen (Kelling & Bittersohn #7)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  293 ratings  ·  16 reviews
- The eighth ibooks title in the "Kelling & Bittersohn Mysteries" series.- Over 125 million Charlotte MacLeod Books in print around the world!
Published May 1st 2004 by iBooks (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Recycled Citizen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Recycled Citizen

Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskeyMystic River by Dennis LehaneThe Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodConfidential Communications by J.R. ReardonJohnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
Boston Books
63rd out of 181 books — 174 voters
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene HanffKiller Stuff by Sharon FifferAstor Place Vintage by Stephanie LehmannThe Old Curiosity Shop by Charles DickensThe Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Fictional Antiques & Collectibles
34th out of 79 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Shannon Rodriguez
I was so excited to read a mystery book, but I was sadly disappointed. Right off the bat, I felt like there were too many characters with different names, and it was hard to follow the story. By the time I truly got a grip on who the characters were I had missed so much. When the person who committed the crimes was persecuted I wasn't really surprised, because I didn't get what was going on. Maybe I'm just not used to this style of writing, but I didn't enjoy the story at all. There were also no ...more
Harry Lane
Wackiness abounds in this putatively private eye tale. The narrative seems to exist solely as a warp within which the woof of zany characters, offbeat dialog, and outrageous actions is woven. Very enjoyable.
Donna
Continuing my re-read of this series. It's always nice to check in with Sarah and Max and their band of quirky relatives. Max and Sarah help solve a mystery involving the community center started by Dolph and Mary.
Teresa
Trying too hard to be clever. Just not entertaining. If I hadn't been locking into a window-side airplane seat, I would have dropped it.
Patti
Feb 06, 2009 Patti rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who like screwball, light mysteries
Another reread for me, a needed visit with the Kelling/Bittersohn families during a move. This time, Sarah & Max get involved with her Cousin Dolph and his wife Mary's charity, the Senior Citizen's Recycling Center. Someone is using the center to transport drugs around Boston, and inevitably, one senior ends up murdered. Sarah, Max, and her extended family end up working their way around Boston and through a charity auction to the resolution.
Lexi
I enjoy Charlotte MacLeod's series with Sarah and Max Bittersohn. Good mystery, funny characters, interesting settings. The first (The Family Vault) was a bit irritating as Sarah let everyone run roughshod all over her, but by the end she's developed a backbone. This is the 4th or 5th in the series and by now she's a tough pregnant broad with a brilliant hubby and life by the horns. In a respectable old-Bostonian way, of course. :)
Maria
Wonderful continuation of the Kelling trials and tribulations featuring Dolph and Mary Kelling, but Brooks and Theonia and Jem Kelling are all there, too, along with Sarah and Max. I loved the letters at the end.
Mary Rose
Overall I enjoy these books but it does grate on my when Sarah is overly rude to her relations. No matter how annoying, in don't enjoy listening to her belittle or be mean to an older person. It just seems over done.
Cindy
Not so great. I think I need to read soemthing earlier as the characters were not well defined and she kept referring back to situations from previous stories. hard to follow.
Michele bookloverforever
another of sarah's decidedly quirky family makes an appearance. there is of course a murder and sarah and max solve it.
Jenna
Similar to the other Sarah Kelling mysteries and worth reading.
Sharon
Got tired of the rich trying to act like ordinary people.
Ron
A good book in the Sarah Kelling series.
TJ
Oct 21, 2010 TJ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
Fun. Quick read. Enjoyable and good characters
Jewell
Enjoyable in a silly sort of way.
Ian Hughes
Ian Hughes is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2015
Leah Merrill
Leah Merrill marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Ellyn
Ellyn marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
  • The Wrong Rite
  • Murder and the First Lady (Eleanor Roosevelt, #1)
  • A Great Day for the Deadly (Gregor Demarkian, #5)
  • The Raven and the Nightingale (A Karen Pelletier Mystery #3)
  • Village Affairs (Fairacre, #13)
  • Murder on the Yukon Quest (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #6)
  • Murder Gets A Life (Southern Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4)
  • The Hot Pink Farmhouse (Berger & Mitry Mystery, #2)
  • Death by the Light of the Moon (Claire Malloy, #7)
Naturalized US Citizen

Also wrote as Alisa Craig

Charlotte MacLeod, born in New Brunswick, Canada, and a naturalized U.S. citizen, was the multi-award-winning author of over thirty acclaimed novels. Her series featuring detective Professor Peter Shandy, America's homegrown Hercule Poirot, delivers "generous dollops of...warmth, wit, and whimsy" (San Francisco Sunday Examiner and Chronicle). But full
More about Charlotte MacLeod...

Kelling & Bittersohn (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Family Vault (Kelling & Bittersohn, #1)
  • The Withdrawing Room (Kelling & Bittersohn, #2)
  • The Palace Guard (Kelling & Bittersohn, #3)
  • The Bilbao Looking Glass (Kelling & Bittersohn, #4)
  • The Convivial Codfish (Kelling & Bittersohn, #5)
  • The Plain Old Man (Kelling & Bittersohn, #6)
  • The Silver Ghost (Kelling & Bittersohn, #8)
  • The Gladstone Bag (Kelling & Bittersohn, #9)
  • The Resurrection Man (Kelling & Bittersohn, #10)
  • The Odd Job (Kelling & Bittersohn, #11)
Rest You Merry (Peter Shandy, #1) The Family Vault (Kelling & Bittersohn, #1) The Silver Ghost (Kelling & Bittersohn, #8) The Withdrawing Room (Kelling & Bittersohn, #2) The Luck Runs Out (Peter Shandy, #2)