Start by marking “Flirting with Disaster” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Flirting with Disaster

Tracy Brown

Flirting with Disaster

Chloe Webster is an around-the-way girl pursuing her journalism degree at Hunter College. Then she meets Trey, a handsome and well dressed cat with hood swagger. When Trey tells Chloe that he is pursuing a degree in psychology, Chloe thinks she has finally met someone who has his head screwed on right. But as Chloe's flirtation with Trey intensifies, secrets are revealed a ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Disaster

Shanae
Nov 13, 2013 Shanae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A pretty decent short story. Tracy Brown is a great urban lit writer, if more urban lit authors wrote like her, there wouldn't be such a negative stigma surrounding the genre. I'm glad she wrote Flirting with Disaster to hold us over until she publishes something else raw and intriguing. I recommend this short story.
Tara Simmons
Mar 23, 2017 Tara Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read. I enjoyed it. It was predictable.
Yecheilyah Ysrayl
Flirting With Disaster is a novella about a young black woman named Chloe Webster and her relationship habits. Chloe and her family are not rich, but sisters Chloe and Willow have everything they need from their single mother Rachel Webster. Chloe is a young twenty year old pursuing a degree in Journalism at Hunter College and enjoying the freedom living at home is affording her. She does not have to pay bills or get a job and be held down by adult responsibilities. Chloe’s mother, Rachel, is a ...more
Peta
Dec 17, 2015 Peta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lessons to be learned

Well, it's safe to say that there's no romance here, just a young lady who was "Flirting with Disaster." This was a well done short story that could easily be extended to a good novel. I'm hoping for a continuation of the madness and survival story that could be....
Britnei
Mar 28, 2014 Britnei rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Only two stars because it was too short. Could've and should've been longer. Overall, it was a good story. But it could've had more character development. The author could have also tied up the other story lines within the story. Purchased it for only $2. Any more than that and I wouldn't have bought it.
Verlean
Nov 30, 2013 Verlean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Tracy Brown's style. This book was very different from the typical urban novel and I can't wait to see what happens next. This book is proof that if something seems too good to be true -- it usually is.
carolyn
Apr 12, 2014 carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To short!!

I love this author, but this book was almost like a short story and really left you hanging at the end. I'm sure they'll be a part 2, but she usually finishes a book and leaves you wanting another one. I'm torn about this one.
Jessica Bordesks Mj!l L Sll!!mr
Nice, short and sweet.... I wonder if Tracy Brown will write a sequel to this book?!.. I am waiting impatiently

Nice, short and sweet... I wonder if Tracy Brown will write a sequel... I am waiting impatiently for it... love it!
Quan
Nov 13, 2013 Quan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good story for a short story. Tracy is an excellent writer and always delivers.
Rikka1
Mar 16, 2016 Rikka1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty Good!

Fast read, very good, would like to know more but I guess that's coming soon!! Not bad for the price
Stephanie Williams
Loved, Loved. An enjoyable read from start to finish. Fingers and toes crossed for the sequel release in 2014.
Whitney
Jan 30, 2014 Whitney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ths waz good;) everythng tht seems good isnt always good waz the lesson taught in ths book. a must-read.
Kimberly Patterson
Wish There Was More!!

Good read...can't wait to read more of what happens with Chloe!! Also would like to know what happens with Trey!!
Sha
Sha rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Carolyn S
Carolyn S rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Nicole Gibson
Nicole Gibson rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
LIsa Yeager
LIsa Yeager rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Amscott1970gmail.com
Amscott1970gmail.com rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
lovejones
lovejones rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Rosemarie
Rosemarie rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Ariel Ross
Ariel Ross rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Janette
Janette rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
lajunia jones
lajunia jones rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Amanda Whitaker
Amanda Whitaker rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2017
Latisa Jackson
Latisa Jackson rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Torrie
Torrie rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Melissa hill
Melissa hill rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Ashley Williams
Ashley Williams rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Working Man
  • Money Never Sleeps
  • Claimed for Destiny: Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee / The Chase Is On
  • King's Promise
  • A King is Born (Flint, #6)
  • CRUSH 2
  • Mr. Wrong
  • Material Girl 2
  • Her Good Thing
  • Before I Let You Go
  • Diamond Life
  • Huddle with Me Tonight  (New York Sabers Football, #2)
  • Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen
  • Driving Heat
  • Sunset Baby
  • Already Taken
  • Make You Mine
  • Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story
3522086
I am a storyteller, a painter of words, a writer who genuinely loves my craft.
More about Tracy Brown...