Start by marking “Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life” as Want to Read:
Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life

Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  2,026 Ratings  ·  191 Reviews
Donald J. Trump is an icon: the very definition of the American success story. President-elect, reality-television star, and developer of some of the planet's most prestigious real estate, he's also become one of the world's wealthiest men.

Trump is a living example of how thinking BIG and knowing when to back up your opinions aggressively—regardless of what your critics or
Published October 16th 2007 by HarperBusiness (first published 2007)

Manny
Feb 18, 2016 Manny marked it as not-to-read
Read the following passage carefully. Underline all the words that weren't spoken yesterday by Donald Trump.

So the Pope's been shooting his mouth off again saying I'm not a Christian. Like, what would he know about it? If and when the Vatican is attacked by Isis, which as everyone knows is Isis's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened. He's probably got some lameass plan a
Lain
Jan 05, 2014 Lain rated it really liked it
I'm not particularly a Donald fan, and I've never seen The Apprentice, but when someone is as famous as Donald Trump, I figure it can't hurt to take a listen to what he has to say.

I loved this book! It was chock-full of entertaining stories, business tips, and irreverent comments. Donald may not be politically correct, but he sure is straight-talking.

I picked up several great tips that will help me in my career:
-Think big (you're thinking anyway -- you might as well think big!)
-You're never defe
Craig Wright
May 27, 2011 Craig Wright rated it really liked it
Summary taken from http://www.stanleycham.com/SC-Article...

Think Big and Kick Ass
Donald Trump & Bill Zanker
Chapter 1 Do You Have What It Takes?
To Sum It Up
1. Winners in life have special qualities which set them apart from 98% of the population.
2. There is a formula you can follow to be a winner in life but you must be brutally honest with yourself.
Points to Remember
1. Dream Big - What you dream is what you will do. If you want to be big, set big goals
2. Be lean and hungry
3. Take action ever
Karen Syed
I don't care what you think about the man, if you take success seriously, then you must admit that he has it going on. This book really helped me change how I look at things regarding my business and my thought process on success.

Trump and Zanker talk candidly about how they worked their way to where they are now. Being richer than most is not all sunshine and roses, according to these two business tycoons. Both men discuss not only their great successes, but also the tremendously devastating tr
Jeffrey
Oct 21, 2008 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
OK, to begin with, I'm not a fan of Trump. However, since he has the "success" mindset, I decided I had to read it. Besides, I got it free through a promotion for The Learning Annex (Trump's co-author is Bill Zanker, the owner).

Anyway, one thing that was reinforced is the fact that successful people have a certain mindset. I took the quiz to discover my mindset (I actually already knew--if you don't know then you probably aren't success minded) and I've got it. Do you? If you're not sure (see c
Mickey Kammeyer
Jun 02, 2009 Mickey Kammeyer rated it did not like it
Shelves: biography-read
I have a different worldview than Donald Trump, so while I agree that one should always dream big and work really hard to achieve those dreams, I don't agree that one should exact revenge on all who harm one or that when starting a marriage one most handle it as a business transaction.

Ultimately, I got the book because I was hoping for some inspiration and I just wasn't that impressed. That is why I gave it a low rating.
Davod
Oct 06, 2016 Davod rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good.
Lori Mcguire
Jan 02, 2015 Lori Mcguire rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Even though it has been out for quite some time, it's a great reminder of how hard work and never giving up on yourself equals extreme success in business. I really admire Donald Trump. I know that there are some things that are very controversial about him, however, he definitely has business sense! He's done a great job raising his kids not to feel entitled, he has a great passion for making "the deal" happen, he's constantly striving to improve himself, and he ...more
Aryn
May 04, 2013 Aryn rated it really liked it
I mean...yes, he's arrogant as all hell, but I also find this book very inspiring if not helpful in taking a look at my currently mess life and trying to figure out where to go with it.

I'm not giving this book four stars because it is written very well. I'm giving it four stars because it speaks to me on a personal level and I intend to read it over and over again especially when I am stuck in the mire, feeling hopeless and uncertain and lost and small.

I've got to do what I love, think big, be
Greg
Jun 10, 2013 Greg rated it liked it
This is a "missing piece" book in the library of business books. What I mean is that Trump and Zanker connect some wiring in the mental machine of the business mindset that is left dangling by other entrepreneurial and business books. For example, other writers say "protect yourself." Well, what does that really mean? Trump says "Get even (or more than even) to protect yourself." We've all seen Trump make a spectacle of himself in doing this, but it hit me that this advice is sound. My dad used ...more
Kurami Rocket
Jul 21, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it did not like it
This was just your typical be successful book by being persistant, smart, etc. However, it was all about not trusting anyone not even friends, exacting revenge, and never forgiving a crook. Like seriously? Just what kind of values is Donald Trump trying to teach? Yes, it is good to have thick skin for when criticism comes, to gain more knowledge, be persistent in your goals, and aim for higher goals, but at what cost? If someone wrongs you, it is hurtful, but people make mistakes. That is no ...more
Holden Barbaree
May 08, 2016 Holden Barbaree rated it really liked it
Think Big In Business and Life by Donald Trump was an interesting book. The book was not only written by Mr. Trump but was co-authored by Bill Zanker, who is the creator of Learning Annex. The book revolves around chapters that relate to thinking big in business and also in choices in your personal life. The two authors give the reader tips and helpful information to better yourself in business. Each chapter starts with a story and guidance from Donald Trump. The end of each chapter is a summary ...more
Lisa Salinas
Sep 12, 2013 Lisa Salinas rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
I did not get past chapter one ("Do You Have It?) before returning this one to the library. First, I don't have "it," and second, I do not agree with his philosophy at all. He talks about not trusting anyone, getting back hard (revenge feels good, and people don't mess with you), and planning/studying finances two hours every day. This is not how I want to live my life, so I decided to move on to another book that fits my style better. For those whose style it fits (the top 2%), it could ...more
Mike Adeleke
Aug 30, 2016 Mike Adeleke rated it it was amazing
This is by a long way the best non-financial book I have read all year. This book is Trump's longest and delves deeply into his philosophies on business and life.

Our society has conditioned is to be meek, mild-mannered, and non-confrontational. This book teaches you how to ditch that mindset for good. It's a book on how to be assertive, be aggressive, and maximize the latent ability within yourself. But unlike most books it is written by someone who has actually done something of repute.
سلافة الشريف
Reading this book was like having a long talk with Donald Trump, It makes you look at things from his perspective while reading. I found my self Disagreeing a lot with him especially about revenge & getting even..But the stories was fun, you can hear donald's written voice so loud.

Think Big widen my horizons a bit, inspired me when it comes to solving problems, setbacks & attitude, getting involved, using guts, giving second chances & accepting big deals.

Barbara Skuplik
This is an excellent, concise and inspirational book. I have enormous respect and admiration for Donald Trump; he has accomplished so much. The more I read from him, the more I respect and look up to him. This is a book about life, which extends to every facet of your life. He emphasizes hard work, determination, persistence, and an unwavering belief in your competence. I highly recommend reading this book.
Dawn Ling
Oct 26, 2012 Dawn Ling rated it really liked it
This book holds nothing back. Trump lays it all out on the table with blatant opinions, ideas and thoughts about those who've crossed him, helped him, etc. I'm not a huge fan of Trump, the man, but I cannot argue with his success. So in this book, you will definitely find some wise words and strategies you can learn, and also there will be some you can dispose of! In any case, a great read to those who wants to get things moving in their life and be successful.
Ramiro Pinto díaz
Jan 04, 2013 Ramiro Pinto díaz rated it it was amazing
I loved it! maybe the part of get involved in some kind of vendetta is far from our values but, belive it or not, is part of reality. And it's Donald Trump, what do you want?

The book is marvelous, highly recommended.
Jason Navallo
Nov 28, 2015 Jason Navallo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, but "The Art of the Deal" is much better.
Howard
Feb 26, 2016 Howard rated it it was amazing
Very interesting ideas and advice.
Judge
Jul 10, 2016 Judge added it
A good motivational read. Not all I found applicable, but still interesting.
Cleo
Feb 28, 2013 Cleo rated it did not like it
Trump is a very disturbed man. Success should not be built on revenge.
Bill Hunt
Jul 17, 2012 Bill Hunt rated it did not like it
Tripe. Absolute nonsense. Do not waste your time reading this shite.
Talal
Oct 28, 2016 Talal rated it really liked it

Even though I do not like Donald Trump as a person, I believe his business books are valuable and teach us to achieve big, and not think small.

Basically the summary of his book is " You will become what you envision yourself to be so dream big to make it a reality"
Darius
Oct 23, 2016 Darius rated it did not like it
Egotistical ramblings with little to no actual content.

Anything more said in review of this book is filler. Waste your money elsewhere on more professional economic literature.
Aleksandr Sedavnykh
Вдохновляющая книга на каждый день. Здорово начинать утро с Трампом и его непробиваемой уверенностью в себе. Конечно, иногда он перегибает, но это неотъемлемая часть его сущности. Придает сил и энергии достижения.
Mark Mitten
Apr 03, 2016 Mark Mitten rated it really liked it
This is Trump's credo on self-awareness. It is what one would expect (read: simplistic, ego-driven, positive thinking), but better absorbed and valued than sloughed off in "a priori" prejudgment.

There are a lot of good, basic truisms in here that are simplistic (yes), cloaked in ego and machismo (probably)...but maybe simple is what we need to hear again and ego is what we need to find again.

Find your passion. Learn from your mistakes. Never give up. Positive thinking. All concepts that are heal
Joseph Kubelka
Sep 22, 2016 Joseph Kubelka rated it it was ok
Trump's books are always interesting, you can take them at face value or look at what is not said as well for more meaning.
Brandon Sweet
Dec 02, 2015 Brandon Sweet rated it really liked it
Trump Think Big
We all know who Donald Trump is a goofy looking guy with nice hair who is worth 10 billion dollars. Yes Mr. Trump is very rich, but how? Why is Donald trump a billionaire with great looking hair and how does he do it ? This book written by the man himself will tell you how he is who he is and what he is worth and how he did it.

The book is a business guide to becoming successful from the way Donald Trump did.
It's all about business chapter by chapter you learn how to be successf
Mohammed H
Feb 01, 2014 Mohammed H rated it it was amazing
In the past few months I have listened to quite a few audiobooks about self development and mostly on how to be a successful business man. I have to say by far the best one is the one below. It is filled with advice that you might know but it shows you how to translate it into your business plus real life stories about Donald Trump which are interesting and funny. For example your gut instinct, I know I have one but did not use it as often as I would like to. Now I am developing my gut instinct ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct format 3 15 Jun 06, 2016 12:38AM
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • It's Called Work for a Reason!: Your Success Is Your Own Damn Fault
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Own Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them (Rich Dad's Advisors)
  • The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life
  • Over the Top
  • How to Sell Your Way Through Life
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and President of the United States of America. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television show, The Ap ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...

“My motto is: Always get even. When somebody screws you, screw them back in spades.” 4 likes
“Do not spend too much time planning or trying to anticipate and solve problems before they happen. That is just another kind of excuse for procrastination. Until you start, you won’t know where the problems will occur. You won’t have the experience to solve them. Instead, get into action, and solve the problems as they arise.” 4 likes