Start by marking “Conflict of Interest” as Want to Read:
Conflict of Interest

Conflict of Interest

Beautiful Kali Havelock was all business. As VP of Interaction Automation, Inc., she was determined to outsmart the competition and corner the rights to the most advanced industrial robots... robots invented by the impossibly brilliant, outrageously handsome - and stubborn - Lang Sterling.

Kali was a master of manipulation, but was it possible she'd miscalculated? She was a
Mass Market Paperback, Candlelight Ecstasy #130, 185 pages
Published April 1983 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Conflict of Interest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conflict of Interest

Lisa
Jan 30, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
I'm actually surprised that I liked this book because it started off pretty bad.

(view spoiler)
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it
Shelves: books, grandma-era
I loved this book !!! Lang was very unusual and a little out of control .. he was an entertaining character. Kali was very unpredictable .. I loved her sass and witty come backs .. she's very clever with people and situations .. and she never failed to surprise , Lang and Kali together were very interesting and captivating. I enjoyed this book a lot !!
Maria
Feb 08, 2013 Maria rated it liked it
Published in 1983, this is an out-of-print I had been unable to find previously. The story is pretty much what I expected of Ms. Krentz in 1983, but the characters are not as predictable in some ways as I expected. I was pretty much horrified that Lang Sterling had maxed his credit cards based on a possible sale of his patents for robotics. I'm talking huge amounts of money that he doesn't have yet. It rattled me so much that I found it hard to pay attention to anything else, including the build ...more
Jessica
Jan 16, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: category-romance
Some of the transitions were... absent, but I found it compulsive readable despite that. Kali was kind of fabulous, with impressive presence of mind in precarious situations. Lang started off as a drunk-off-his ass douchecanoe, but I grew to enjoy his character by the end, for the most part. The stuff about robots and the ethical aspects of AI development made my geeky heart sigh in happiness.

Still has some of JAK's early '80s man knows best, assault = passion unpleasantness, though, just as a w
Joy
Nov 07, 2009 Joy rated it liked it
Madam Vice President is pursuing an inventor in the robotics field. Her company wants to hire him for their research department and buy his patents. Icy, manipulative business woman versus primitive, undisciplined buccaneer. Considering the limitations of formula romance, this is actually quite good.
Jadzia
Apr 20, 2013 Jadzia rated it liked it
Shelves: hq, contemporary
3,5 stars. Not quito so good as to give it 4 stars, but better than 3 stars - I have some doubts about the beginning. What would happen if he didn't pass out? It was all a little bit too fast, too.
Cheri
Cheri rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Wendy Hebert
Wendy Hebert marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Jennifer Richardson
Jennifer Richardson rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Megan Holst
Megan Holst marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Dominika
Dominika marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2016
Shayla
Shayla marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
SEha Yana
SEha Yana rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Danielle Gwinn
Danielle Gwinn marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Zaanodes
Zaanodes marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Melinda Curtis
Melinda Curtis rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Janice Bolick
Janice Bolick marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2016
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
TracyG
TracyG rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Shivauney
Shivauney marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
  • Corporate Affair
  • Full Bloom
  • Whirlwind Courtship

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant
More about Jayne Castle...