Start by marking “Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)” as Want to Read:
Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)

Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay #3)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  2,659 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
A special message from Jayne Ann Krentz

Dear Reader:

Summer has arrived in Eclipse Bay and things are definitely heating up between the Hartes and the Madisons. It seems that the mysterious new gallery owner, Octavia Brightwell, is thinking about having a scandalous fling with that rogue Nick Harte before she leaves town. As far as Nick is concerned, a short-term affair soun
Mass Market Paperback, 330 pages
Published May 7th 2002 by Jove (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Summer in Eclipse Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer in Eclipse Bay

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillInsufficient Mating Material by Rowena CherryThe Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray
Humor is the Best Medicine
93rd out of 667 books — 480 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverTime To Let Go by Christoph Fischer
Books that make my heart hurt
220th out of 767 books — 678 voters

More lists with this book...

Bark's Book Nonsense
Dec 21, 2009 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook, romance
I listened to this as an unabridged audiobook and if it weren't for the fact that I was trapped in a car with no other form of entertainment to be found I more than likely would've given up on this one mid-way through. The characters were too blah to hold my attention and their attraction to each other just didn't come alive for me.

It turns out this story is the third in a series but it easily stands alone since its plot isn't exactly complicated. Octavia Brightwell is relatively new to Eclipse
Sandy
Jun 28, 2009 Sandy rated it did not like it
This is like a movie; everything ends up happily ever after. It was too perfect. The story was bland. It's not a page-turner and I was very disappointed with the ending. Not recommended. 1/5 stars.
Debbie
Nov 01, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Eclipse Bay trilogy and I liked it the best.

This book revolves around Nick Harte and Octavia Brightwell.

Nick is Hannah and Lillian's brother. His wife Amelia had died in a plane crash nearly four years ago leaving Nick and his now five year old son, Carson. Nick has developed a reputation for not letting any woman get close to him in a relationship and has acquired the nickname 'Hardhearted Harte'.

Octavia Brightwell is a successful art gallery owner and the niece of
Andrea Hussey
Dec 29, 2012 Andrea Hussey rated it it was ok
plot spoilers*
I hated that he had a kid. That can ruin a book for me. I don’t see the appeal of getting with a man whose already created a family with someone else. And the intellectual 5 yr old was annoying and ridiculous. The whole he’s-smarter than-his-years thing and showing business tactics was ridiculous.

She had worn a pale, fluttery dress that fell to her ankles and a pair of dainty, strappy little heels that had emphasized her elegantly arched feet.
Her elegantly arched feet?
Am I to belie
Cruth
Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
First published: 2002
Length: 190 pages (in anthology)
Setting: Contemporary. Smalltown off Oregon Coast
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Father of 6yo. Author.
Heroine: Owns an art gallery/shop.

Enjoyable ending to the trilogy. Good story and nice romance. Would have enjoyed seeing more wooing with the boy involved but otherwise it's a light, easy story.

And a good HEA.

Eclipse Bay Trilogy:
Book 1 Eclipse Bay - Hannah Harte and Rafe Madison
Book 2 Dawn in Eclipse Bay - Lillian Har
Jessi
It's hard to say that any of the three books in this trilogy might be a "least favorite" but this one barely squeaks in. Still, it holds up well for being almost 15 years old.
Nick Harte's sisters helped to mend the Harte-Madison feud when they married the Madison brothers. Now they're all living in connubial bliss and he's ust trying to get a date. But even after asking six times, Olivia Brightwell is still giving him (patently false) excuses. But never an outright "no."
Olivia is hesitant to fi
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it liked it
Shelves: books
Nick's way of putting people in their places and standing up for Octavia was swoon worthy .. he was also kinda of adorable whenever he tried to make Octavia happy by going along with her plans. Octavia was a little bland but her scene with the two gossipers in the supermarket had me giggling uncontrollably *instant like* love a heroine that can stand up for herself and do it with attitude.

I liked Jeremy and enjoyed the little bits and pieces of him with Gail and I liked how he and Nick repair
Angela James
Jan 15, 2010 Angela James rated it it was ok
One of my least favorite books by her, I've remembered. I probably will not reread again.
Shirlene
Octavia Brightwell debated whether or not to tell Mitchell Madison that her great-aunt was Claudia Banner, the cause of the feud between the Harte's and the Madison's. They had become friends and she decided it was only right. She went to see him and told him and found out that both her and Sullivan Harte had already figured it out. She told Mitchell that Claudia had been dead for a year and a half. She then told him that she was going to sell her both her galleries, one in Portland and the othe ...more
Connie N.
#3 of the Eclipse Bay trilogy

I had high hopes for this story since it was about Nick Harte, brother of Hannah and Lillian from the previous 2 books. But it fell a little flat for me. The plot was interesting, following up on the theft of a valuable painting. But the romance was disappointing, mostly because I didn't really care for the main character Octavia Brightwell. She openly admitted that she was the grand-niece of Claudia, the woman who duped the elder Harte and Madison, bringing down the
Pat Cromwell
Mar 31, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it liked it
The last book of the trilogy and of course there are no more Madison brothers for hero's so this book is all about Hannah and Lillian's brother Nick and the great grand-daughter of the woman who started the entire Madison-Harte feud. It is only fitting that Nick and Olivia be the couple that completely ends the feud. As with Gabe and Rafe (hero's from book 1 & 2) as I read the book, all I could picture was this brooding guy standing against the wall in deep thought assimilating a plan to get ...more
Kathy
Jan 10, 2010 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Nick... a Harte (and it is repeated - Harte's 'know what they want', 'go after what they want', 'are honest', 'know their passion', 'stay with their woman', etc.) with his precocious 6 year old son... return to Eclipse Bay because he can't get Octavia off his mind - but being a man who's wife was running off with another man when she was killed, he doesn't admit to himself that he might fall in love with her. Octavia's aunt caused the rift between the grandfathers, and she has come to help, but ...more
Maryam
Sep 21, 2016 Maryam rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
Well this book in one way was kind of nice and funny. I liked the characters like Nicks son Carson who is a very enjoyable little boy. Theres quite a few funny parts in it that had me laughing. It would have been more interesting to read if there were more of those. There was a small mystery on the missing painting where Nick was hired as a temporary detective by Octavia because he wrote mystery books.(nice a way to choose a detective) :)
The story was nice if quite a bit silly.
But it was boring
Art
Feb 09, 2014 Art rated it really liked it
This one I got, without reading the earlier ones, so I'll deal with it as stand-alone.
Krentz's books are usually well-written, with multiple layers of plot and twisty mystery. I was pleased that she kept me wondering as to the thief right to the end. It was an easy-going love story, an easy read for a day when I wanted no stress, and didn't want to think too deeply. In this, shevdid admirably well.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Oct 11, 2014 Carla Johnson-Hicks rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Eclipse Bay series and I think this was the best one. The third Harte sibling is the main character in this book. Nick Harte returns to Eclipse Bay for the summer with his 5 year old son Carson. He is hoping to get Octavia Brightwell to go out with him. Carson develops a friendship with Octavia and is entering a picture in her art show. He does not want his dad to mess things up. A valuable picture disappears from her gallery and Nick is hired to help her find out w ...more
Sandra Munger
Aug 08, 2016 Sandra Munger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: krentz-et-al
Now is the time for the 3rd Harte to find love. Nick Hart has his eye on Olivia but she's playing it cool. Turns out she is related to the woman who caused the original feud. When the news breaks, problems happen. They have to figure out who still bears a grudge against Claudia Banner.
Karen
Nov 05, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Last book in the trilogy. For this type of book, it was entertaining and easy to read. Again, much of it was predictable, but I found myself riding around in the car listening to the tapes. It was enjoyable.
Lauren
Mar 25, 2012 Lauren rated it it was ok
Summer in Eclipse Bay
2 Stars

Synopsis
Octavia Butler has come to Eclipse Bay to heal the rift between the Hartes and the Madisons caused by her aunt. But Octavia finds more than she counted on when she becomes the object of affection for heart-breaker Nick Harte as well as the prime suspect in the case of a missing painting.

Review
Unfortunately, Nick and Octavia are as bland as a couple can get and it is difficult to care about their romance.
The mystery of the stolen painting is trite and the inve
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Nick Harte has been raising his son since the death of his wife five years before. He has dated, but not been serious in all that time. His eye is fixed by Octavia Brightwell, who runs the local art gallery. His son has fallen under her spell, but she continually turns him down. They end up dating and he is thrown into some feelings he is not expecting. He is being berated by the old men in the family, and he must convince Octavia to remain in Eclipse Bay. They finally get to solve some very old ...more
Mary
May 12, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
fun read did not read previous books in series but the story stood on its own a little mystery, and love
Dannielle
Mar 02, 2012 Dannielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012
Once again I wasn't able to figure out who the thief was, so that is always nice.

I did think Octavia was manipulative with Nick. I'm just not a fan of those kind of females. It wasn't like any harm was done, but at least Nick called her on it. I really liked both Nick and Octavia. Carson was really cute and so serious at times. What a great little boy.

Mitchell tried to interfere with their relationship but thankfully he didn't do much harm. I guess it helped a little that neither of them is ac
Gloria
Mar 31, 2015 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Shelves: romance
Another Google outing for Krentz. First read this some time ago. It holds up well.
Nancy Yagan
Sep 22, 2015 Nancy Yagan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
liked this one best of trilogy.
For the young at hear and idealistic wins out!
Debra McEathron
Jul 23, 2016 Debra McEathron rated it it was amazing
I love this series and how the families work together to solve problems. I love the connection with Arizona.
Pat
Snappy dialogue. Great conclusion to a feel good series.
Charlott
Aug 06, 2016 Charlott rated it liked it
Has a couple of laugh out loud places.
Michelle Tempted By Books
Long feuding families the Hartes and the Madisons are well known through Eclipse Bay. A small tourist town on the Oregon coast has a host of interesting characters, not the least of which is Arizona Snow. I think she was likely the most enjoyable character in these books. We meet her also in the Arcane Society books. That said this series follows the newest generation of the Hartes and Madisons, will they follow the rivalry or will they repair the rift. I found this to be one of the more enjoyab ...more
Magi
Jan 29, 2016 Magi rated it liked it
betweem 3 and 4 stars :)
Michelle
Aug 17, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok
dnf
Max Bolongaita
Jan 16, 2013 Max Bolongaita rated it liked it
Finally, after 12 years, I finally finished reading this series. I found the first book second hand and I thought it would be great if I got the entire series from a store that sold pre-loved books. It was mehh compared to the first one. I think time changes perspectives on books and after more than a decade of books in between the first and the last, I think my preferences have changed drastically, especially in regards to the writing style.

Jayne Anne Krentz is okay, but I've moved on.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Summer in Eclipse Bay (2002) Book 3 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 11:34AM
  • Wait Until Midnight
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • Gamemaster (Silhouette Desire, #67)
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...

Eclipse Bay (3 books)
  • Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 1)
  • Dawn in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 2)

“Guys don't get romantically involved."
"What do they get?"
"Involved, period.”
11 likes
“Later we can go to dinner.”
“I suppose that might work,” she said.
She sounded so damn casual, he thought. As if the decision she had just made weren’t staggering in its implications. As if it weren’t going to alter destinies and change the fate of nations.”
3 likes