Start by marking “Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth” as Want to Read:
Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth

Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  307 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Legend has it that hidden in the remote reaches of the Himalayan mountains lies a secret that would have saved Ponce de Leon from years of fruitless searching. There, generations of Tibetan monks have passed down a series of exercises with mystical, age-reversing properties. Known as the Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation or the Five Rites, these once-secret exercises are now a ...more
Published January 20th 1998 by Doubleday Religion (first published January 1939)

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth

Libbeth
When I began doing the Five Rites, as explained in this book, I documented my progress, first on a diary site and then later on my blog. Inexplicably I stopped doing them after a few months and have never felt as well since. One day, when the time is right, I will make them a part of my life again.

The story that explains how the book came about is charming, whether it's true or not, it doesn't matter. The Five Rites are yoga type exercises that build your strength and well being.
Bogdan
"The breath of fresh air in the midst of the polluted atmosphere of the modern world."

As years go by, each of us finds his own way to the knowledge and wisdom necessary and obligatory at a certain period in life. By the age of 23, I am lucky enough to discover amazing books, life-changing ideas and exciting routines. The knowledge really IS one. Although expressed differently, it finds place in the library of your personal wisdom.

So it happened with "Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth." Rea
Maria
There are so many things in this life that we as Westerners don't necessarily understand and make us skeptics. But there is evidence that shows that many of the Tibetan monks knowledge is there to improve life. I hope that as I follow the 5 Rites shown in this book, i become a healthier and more peaceful person and if that helps me to look younger, I'll take it!
Ma Ri
Since childhood I have had several back problems, even ended up it the hospital with it. I got my hands on this book in Russia half a year ago and read it in one day. The book is very easy to read and understand. But most importantly, when i tried out the rites, after a month the pain disappeared and i felt great like never befor. This book can improve your life!
Kamil Salamah
It's a good book for some who are not well versed athletes.The exercisers called RITES( the 6 mentioned in this part)are known in various forms to those of us who do exercise regularly and know about such techniques which are important to focus inward.

I like it.
Kimz Zahour
This is a rather narrow view of the complexities of Yoga. Given the time this material was published it's not surprising that the author didn't have vast knowledge of the subject. What he did have was a lot of enthusiasm and very specific intentions for this practice. Without my own established practice of the Tibetan Rites I don't know that I would have considered this very credible. He comes across like a snake-oil enthusiast (not to say the methods aren't effective).
I do believe the technique
Jules
I had never heard of the Tibetan Five Rites until a friend mentioned it to me. This small book explains everything quite nicely. Its based on the Chakras and the exercises themselves take about 15-20 mins to perform.[return][return]Because of my yoga background the exercises are quite manageable. I've been doing them for the past few days and look forward to seeing what changes occur for me. The exercises flow nicely one into the other and are fun to do.[return][return]I'm glad I discovered this ...more
Elisa
I really like the upbeat nature of the Colonel, and I like reading all of the testimonials at the beginning of the book.

The rites and the food tips are a great addition to my spiritual practice. My energy feels good and I feel stronger.

Very good book!
Carrie
Some interesting reading. Five rites, actually seven if you do all of them.
Long
Aug 08, 2014 Long rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: health
Bản tiếng Việt "Suối Nguồn Tươi Trẻ" tập 1.
Bindu Manoj
Will rate it after implementing the secrets ;)
pierpaolo
La bibbia dell'elisir di lunga vita
Monica Madrazo
Questa serie di esercizi yoga non posso fare altro che fortificare il corpo, lo spirito e l'anima, è una serie di semplici esecuzioni che risveglieranno la vostra capacità di rinnovarvi.Non si tratta di autosuggestione. E’ un processo spiegabilissimo. Questi movimenti producono un’accelerazione del metabolismo e della vitalità. Massaggiano gli organi interni e stimolano l’eliminazione delle tossine.
Anny
I was reading it in estonian language.
Title is: Nooruse allika iidne saladus. "Viis tiibetlast"
Story about man, who changed his life. Basically he did 5 exercises every morning and his life changed totally. This exercises opening your chakras and your energy starts to move. I tried those exercises, i got some more energy but i was expecting something more.
Chris Gager
It's a nice and simple daily exercise routine that I've used in the past. As far as the "secret" stuff goes I'm sort of skeptical. But... I need to get back to it if my back will let me. My Yoga teacher calls the exercise the 5 Rites. Not the right cover but Amazon dropped Goodreads and so it was lost. Date read is approximate.
Shari Allen
Most wonderful moves that go direct to the core energy center of the body. Not difficult nor long to do. In the morning, energy stretch and center cleansing for the body, to be able to filter and flow with fluidity. Plus, the most soothing stretch sets at evening time, before laying down, to rest relaxed.
Debbie D
Very quick read and who cares if the story is actually true or not. Have been doing the 5 Rites (more like Yoga poses) for three days and I have to say do I feel better, have more energy and have sleep better each night. Plan on continuing to do the 5 rites for a month and see how I feel and look.
Lizz  Christed ♕
If I were rating it on the writing style, I would give it 2.5 stars, as it is so simplistic that it is almost insulting to the reader's intelligence. However, the information contained within is Five Stars all the way. Everyone deserves to have these exercises in their toolbelt for Lifelong health!!
Donald Woodward
Daily ritual exercises that impart youthfulness and energy. Easy to do, and positive results
Stuart
An entertaining read, reminiscent of "Lost Horizon" by James Hilton.
Interesting exercises - which can't fail to be helpful for one's health.
Overall, however, to be taken with a large pinch of salt - at least as far as health claims and historic accuracy are concerned.
Tonya
I'm not sure about the techniques they do in the book. I'm sure they would work, but they seem time consuming. I got so dizzy trying one of them that I was sick for the rest of the day. Oh well, I guess I will live with my wrinkles and gray hair.
Jo Richardson
Magical and need to know!!!
Staci
An interesting book proposing that a series of yoga movements can prolong your life; haven't tried to do them continuously so I can't say whether or not it works.
Tracy
It is a wonderful explanation of the the tibetan rituals. I have started my own journey of performing these rituals and the book is enormously helpful.
Phil Gladden
Jun 23, 2013 Phil Gladden rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mike Marshal,
Recommended to Phil by: Regis Philbin
I started this program back when I read it the first time but only did it for a week. It seemed to help. I want to give it a fare shake this time.
Beryl
I have been doing the 5 Rites diligently every morning for the past three weeks. So far I am delighted with the book. Watch this space for progress.
Jo
Jan 21, 2014 Jo rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Simple, easy to follow exercises to help improve your health. I'll update in two months and we'll see how much they helped.
drozda
a quirky little read that illustrates 5 fabulous yoga moves for opening the energy fields full tilt every morning.
Iva Tabula
Dec 08, 2012 Iva Tabula added it
Shelves: psihologija
lagano zanimljivo. Preporučam onim akoji počnu prakticirat pet tibetanaca. Vrlo detaljno obrazložen način vježbanja
Amanda
Very good book. Easy read. Describes how to do the five tibetan rites - A chakra balancing yogic practice.
  • Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing
  • Body by You: The You Are Your Own Gym Guide to Total Women's Fitness
  • Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide)
  • Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao: The Taoist Secret of Circulating Internal Power
  • The Chakras
  • ChiWalking: Fitness Walking for Lifelong Health and Energy
  • 101 storie Zen
  • The Spirit of Zen
  • Yoga: Immortality and Freedom
  • The Serpent Power: The Secrets of Tantric and Shaktic Yoga
  • Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Life and the Awakening of Kundalini
  • The Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power: Yoga Methods of Power
  • Glynis Has Your Number: Discover What Life Has in Store for You Through the Power of Numerology!
  • Detoxify or Die
  • Secret Oral Teaching in Tibetan Buddhist Sects
  • Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living
  • You Are Psychic: The Art of Clairvoyant Reading & Healing
  • Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System
Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth, Book 2: A Companion to the Book by Peter Kelder The Eye of Revelation: The Original Five Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation The Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth Tibet'in Gençlik Pınarı (1. Kitap) Tibetan Secrets of Youth and Vitality: How to Look and Feel Younger Using Five Ancient Rites for Stimulating your Energy Centres