Start by marking “The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road, #3)” as Want to Read:
The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road, #3)

The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road #3)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,664 Ratings  ·  199 Reviews
In this new novel from the author of Ten Beach Road and Ocean Beach, three unlikely friends who were thrown together by disaster get a do-over on life, love, and happiness . . .
Maddie, Avery, and Nikki first got to know one another—perhaps all too well—while desperately restoring a beachfront mansion to its former grandeur. Now they’re putting that experience to profession
Published July 1st 2014 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The House on Mermaid Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House on Mermaid Point

Mrslimp
Jul 15, 2014 Mrslimp rated it it was ok
Love the premise. Loved the first book, but my enthusiasm is waning as the series goes on. I was initially drawn to Ten Beach Road by the mix of "he done her wrong" mystery and home renovation diary, all set in a southern Florida setting. Perfect beach read. But as the characters become broader, the situations more absurd and the plot lines and writing increasingly formulaic and repetitive (how many times is Wendy. Wax going to talk about a lover "cupping her buttocks"? I swear it's a phrase ...more
BJ
Jan 07, 2015 BJ rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, the same as I enjoyed the first 2 in this trilogy + a novella, although I'm hoping the author writes another in this series as I enjoy the settings and the characters. This is a book about women's friendships, house renovation, reality TV, romance - endings and beginnings of, relationships between Moms and daughters, sisters and brothers, moms and son, paparazzi, celebrity and just life in general at different stages. Enjoyable read!
Kathryn
Aug 08, 2014 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, read-in-2014
Rich descriptive details bring the setting alive, the character development was deeply satisfying, and while every little detail was not tidied up and made into 'happily ever after', each woman was on a satisfying journey and the place they found themselves in was perfect for now.

I do so hope we will have further adventures with this group of women.
Judy Collins
Wendy Wax is the Queen of Do Over! As you can see by my reviews—have read every book in this incredible Ten Beach Road series and each, A 5-Star Winner; however, I believe THE HOUSE ON MERMAID POINT is my favorite thus far!

From the stunning front cover (hats off to the designer) to the last page— these characters grab you by the heart and do not let go-for a page-turner. A group of kick ass, talented, and smart women, you will grow to love, for a must read series. Ten Beach Road, Ocean Beach, C
Mary
The perfect beach book - or the perfect book to make you feel like you're at the beach.

I loved The House on Mermaid Point. The women find themselves intrigued and challenged by the new project on the private island. They’re all getting along better than ever which helps when it comes to tackling the renovation as well as personal issues. With each renovation project the women have experienced personal growth and become more confident.

In this book, Madeline shines as she overcomes her shyness and
Sheree
Aug 18, 2014 Sheree rated it really liked it

Back in my happy place with Do Over crew Maddie, Avery, Nikki, Kyra and Deidre ... I keep saying these women could renovate a garbage can and I'd be along for the ride.

I love the reno/rehabbing details, the beautifully described surrounds, sunrises and sunsets. Most of all I love the womens' personal do-overs, their growth individually and in their relationships. Read the books in order and you see that progression, feel their frustration, laugh and cry with them, cheer them on.

Their
Belinda Joyner
Aug 10, 2014 Belinda Joyner rated it it was amazing
Right off I have to say I have two regrets, one is that I regret that this is my first Wendy Wax book and the second is I wish I had read Ten Beach Road first now I have to read that one to see how these four amazing women because friends and what troubles brought them together.
I loved The House on Mermaid Point from the very beginning, it is packed with every emotion that a woman can have and these ladies can handle just about anything that comes their way, from a difficult producer of the tv s
Nicole
Aug 02, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2015-listened
I didn't realize this was a 3rd in a series intil after I started reading it, however, I enjoyed it as a stand alone. I liked the humor and resilience of these characters, who each had experienced some sort of difficult event that drastically changed their life. Their friendship brings to light how women can lift each other up instead of tearing one another down. I look forward to reading the first two in the series!
JMV
Oct 10, 2015 JMV rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-give-away
The won this book in a Goodreads contest from the author and was very excited when I received this. I have read the first two books in this series and again enjoyed these women. The struggles again help the become closer friends all the while they remodel famous homes. Thanks Goodreads!
Dianne
this is such a fun series to read so far.I think this is book 4 in the series, it still feels fresh and I am wondering what is going to happen next

Book is under wrong author

Coleen Mcconnell
Feb 19, 2015 Coleen Mcconnell rated it it was amazing
Wendy did not disappoint with this one. Descriptive, each character was interesting, and the start line entertaining. And relatable today, as I could see a reality show like this! Easy read, I totally enjoyed.
Donna
Feb 07, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
What a great book, can't wait for for the next one.
Karen
May 25, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
A perfect spring break or summer vacation read.
Kunni Biener
Nov 15, 2016 Kunni Biener rated it it was ok
okay, so by coming onto this site I finally learned that this book is indeed part of a series. I did look at the also wrote section in the book, but it wasn't obvious. There were so many references to past things, it was frustrating. So much assumption that I had read the others. It was okay, but that part was annoying as all get out. Make it clear on the cover for crying out loud.
IrishFan
Nov 22, 2016 IrishFan rated it liked it
This series is good. I liked this book a little less than the first 2, but did like it. I was sad at the end, when ** spoiler ** Diedre died. I thought she was going to have her have a brain tumor, wasn't expecting her to die suddenly like that. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Sharon Peterson
Oct 25, 2016 Sharon Peterson rated it it was amazing
There were happy times and sad times in this Book 3 of the Ten Beach Road series of books. I enjoy reading Wendy Wax books and can hardly wait until I can get my hands on Books 4 and 5.
Renae Sokola
Nov 26, 2016 Renae Sokola rated it it was amazing
Loved it. A group of women working together to remodel an Island. Strengths of each woman showcased and the connections shared between the women written well
Debbie
Oct 24, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
Best of the series. Nice to see a romance featuring a more "mature" couple.
Jackie Knapton
Dec 01, 2016 Jackie Knapton rated it really liked it
I loved the true friendships that were established among these women.
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by guest reviewer JoAnne

*Spoilers*

Maddie, Nicole and Avery became friends after losing everything they had to a ponzi scheme. In order to build their finances up again, they decide to accept the offer of renewing old homes into something modern for a television show. Their latest assignment is in the Florida Keys; the home of William Hightower, a former rocker known as “William the Wild.” They’re there to turn his house into a bed-and-breakf
Tamara
Jul 10, 2014 Tamara rated it really liked it
Review originally posted: Traveling With T

This book was sent to Traveling With T in exchange for a fair review.

The House on Mermaid Point

Laurel-Rain
Aug 30, 2014 Laurel-Rain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The women came together for another renovation, like the ones before. Reminiscent of the very first renovation of the house that was all they had left after the Ponzi scheme had drained them of their finances and needing their own reconstruction, this new project would bring unexpected gifts.

An unlikely group of women, they would become best friends as they worked to recreate a house and their lives.

Nicole's brother had bilked them of their money, but she earned her place as a friend to the othe
Viviane Crystal
Jul 01, 2014 Viviane Crystal rated it it was amazing
Maddie, Avery, Nicki and other characters are back to renovate another broken-down home, this time in the Florida Keys. William Hightower, a former rock star known as “William the Wild” is a recovering alcoholic who is forced by his son to agree to this renovation as there isn’t a penny left from all Will’s years of being a star. What does one do with life when the fame, the booze and drugs aren’t there as one’s foundation?
Avery and her mother Deirdre are still at war with each other, payback fo
Nancy
May 22, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
This was not my favorite book within the series. Other than the ladies, the new characters did not entice me. I guess that I had loved Max and his story from Ocean Beach so much that I was hoping for more of the same.

Maddie, Avery, Nikki, Kyra and Deirdre are back with a new Do-Over adventure. This time, it is the home of “William the Wild” Hightower an 80’s rocker with long standing reputation for drugs, alcohol and women. It also turns out that Maddie had quite the teenage crush on him.

Times
Donna
Jul 22, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
Once again the crew from the reality show Do-Over is getting together to refurbish a beach house, this time it is an island home in the Florida Keys owned by aging rocker William the Wild. Maddie is newly divorced and her daughter Kyra and grandson Dustin are still hiding from the paparazzi. Avery is battling for control of the renovations while finding comfort with boyfriend Chase and her mother Deirdre is learning to be a mother again with very little cooperation from Avery. Nikki has fallen ...more
Helen Gaye Brewster
Jul 19, 2015 Helen Gaye Brewster rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Cindi
Aug 11, 2015 Cindi rated it really liked it
Updated: Finished. As always, an overall really enjoyable read. I love Wendy Wax's books because they're light and fun, and what's not to love about the setting of gorgeous beaches, beautiful old houses being renovated, hunky guys, and a lot of wine and laughs amongst girlfriends? My only criticism is below, the grating overuse of the main male character's full name. Otherwise, another great installment in this series. Disappointed to have to wait until spring for the next.

---------------------
Sherri F.
Audio & pb (but more audio): I didn't care for narration on this (voice too breathy & just didn't fit some how) & the parts I read were more interesting then when I listened on audio. I liked the story line and some of the characters so not sure why it didn't come together better for me. It was such a slow start that was ok through about 10 of the 11 hrs of audio, with some parts. It did get stronger to the end & I did like ending. Maybe I would have like an abridged version of t ...more
Sep 14, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Great third book in the series.
mandyfujita
Apr 13, 2016 mandyfujita rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the Ten Beach Road series. The regular gang of Maddie, Avery, and Nikki go for their 3rd renovation at Mermaid Point. The "Do Over" show is premiering and everyone is excited about starting fresh. Maddie has divorced Steve and finds herself single and 51 years old. Maddie's daughter, Kyra, and her grandson, Dustin, are with her on this adventure.

When they drive to Florida Keys and wait by the pier, the 3 women wonder why? They soon find out the house they are working on
Goodreads Librari...: Tit;e on Wrong Wendy Wax page 2 10 Jul 21, 2014 03:46AM
  • It Comes in Waves
  • The Summer Wind (Lowcountry Summer #2)
  • It's You
  • On Grace
  • The Tea Shop on Lavender Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #5)
  • One True Heart (Harmony, #8)
  • The Never Never Sisters
  • Cure for the Common Breakup (Black Dog Bay, #1)
  • Breakwater Bay
  • Flight Patterns
  • Farewell to Cedar Key
  • Driftwood Summer
  • Southern as a Second Language (Dixie, #3)
  • Belonging
  • Christmas Bliss (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #4)
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • Last Chance Family (Last Chance, #8)
  • Desire Lines
I write novels that explore friendship, self-discovery and the challenges life brings us, leavened with a touch of humor. I'm proud of all my books and perhaps best known for my "Ten Beach Road" titles including the USA Today bestsellers, Ten Beach Road and The House on Mermaid Point, and for While We Were Watching Downton Abbey.

I was born in St.Petersburg, Florida and grew up on St. Pete Beach wi
More about Wendy Wax...

Ten Beach Road (6 books)
  • Ten Beach Road (Ten Beach Road, #1)
  • Ocean Beach (Ten Beach Road, #2)
  • Christmas at the Beach (Ten Beach Road #2.5)
  • Sunshine Beach (Ten Beach Road, #4)
  • One Good Thing (Ten Beach Road, #5)