Gift of Fire (Gift, #2)

Gift of Fire (Gift #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  911 ratings  ·  26 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of Perfect Partners, here is the sequel to Gift of Gold, now beautifully repackaged. Verity Ames and Jonas Quarrel are hired to find a lost medieval treasure, but in a world of hidden passageways they find their own mysterious love.
Published 1989 by Grand Central Publishing

Jane (PS)
Audiobook: I enjoyed this book. I was a bit confused as to what the mystery would be - that took a while to start. And the ending wrap-up is probably the longest that I have read by JAK. But it was all still a great way to pass 8 or so hours.

One comment - the narrator drops the ends off words when 'not' is conjoined to the word eg didn't - the narrator reads it as di'n't... I think this a accent variation within the US...

I'd like to read Gift of Gold to see where it started, but I can't find a c...more
Brooke
The main characters got very old very fast for me. I liked the story line, but it drug out. There are enough games in life, this book was a constant game between the two leads & it was just tiring. Get over yourselves & get on with it already!!
Eesia
It was one of these books where I wanted to slap the heroin and kick the hero. I couldn't read till the end, because I was afraid I may torch the book in the process.

Can't believe I used to like Jayne Ann Krentz's books.
Janette Brown
HE FIGURES ONE AND ONE EQUAL TWO. SHE KNOWS HE'S WRONG...IF BABY MAKES THREE.

Jonas Quarral was lean, sexy, and equally capable of quoting Renaissance poetry or wielding a dagger. Verity Ames knew Jonas was the perfect partner for an affair--and that he was not the marrying kind. Before long he would be looking for new excitement, leaving Verity behind to run her gourmet restaurant in a California resort, hold on to misty colored memories, and wonder what she was going to do if she were pregnant...more
Lara
I ended up liking this one more than the first book, Gift of Gold. At the beginning I disliked Jonas even more whenever he thought about or interacted with Verity. However, as the book progressed he was forced to look outside himself and became more bearable. I never came to actually like him as a hero, but he did improve.

Then there was the treasure hunting aspect of the story, which was unexpected but fun. Once again, in this earlier book the standard action steps that have developed in Ms Kren...more
Paraphrodite
In this sequel to Gift of Gold, Verity is trying to manage Jonas's career and takes a commission on his behalf to authenticate a transplanted Italian renaissance villa on an island in the Puget Sound. She is also wrestling with how to tell Jonas that he's going to become a father -she thinks he might be getting tired of washing dishes in her restaurant and is ready to take off to parts unknown.

At the Italian villa, there is a host of weird and suspicious characters as well as a long-lost treasu...more
Maria
The second in the series, I found this book just as good, if not better, than the first. I look forward to re-reading these two each year. I love the way Krentz's male characters are not females dressed up as men like the male characters written by most women authors who can sometimes get that men ACT differently than women but don't seem to get that men also THINK differently than women. Her men are definitely male, both in their thinking and their actions. She has a firm grip on the difference...more
Rexanna
I got caught up in Ms. Krentz's story of a strong woman and strong man falling in love, warts and all. The touch of paranormal is always a plus in her books.
Irene
Gift of Fire by Jayne Ann Krentz is a sequel to Gift of Gold. It follows the same couple but depicts other mystery and advertures.

Here H and h are on the remote island with the Italian villa on it. And Jonas is expected to figure out if it is an authentic Italian building or some modern restoration. Again we see historical misty colored memories of a long dead Italian who had the same gift as Jonas but who managed to crack the secret of tonnels. Mystery, mortal danger, passion and occult scienc...more
LibraryLass
I loved this book! Gave it slightly higher stars than Gift of gold only because I liked the established chemistry between Jonas and Verity a little better in this one. I don't usually read sequels straight after the original but I did for this one AND I had to read it in largeprint which I loathe but it was my only (free) option. Highly recommended books. I cannot say enough about this author, she rarely misses the mark in her books.
Ning
แต่ถ้า ไม่เคยอ่านเล่ม 1 แล้วมาอ่านเล่มนี้
ไม่น่าจะสนุกนะ เพราะเค้าไม่ย้อนเล่มเรื่อง
ออกแนวเฉย ๆ อ่ะ ไม่ดี ไม่แย่
Jean
This novel was a lot of fun. Verity has developed beyond the one-dimensional shrew in the previous novel. The mystery this time has significantly more suspects and a lot of red herrings.
Verity and Jonas's relationship continues. Not as good as I remembered, but nice to read a book that starts with the relationship already established and works to expand it.
Kristine
Nov 21, 2008 Kristine rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: romantics
Recommended to Kristine by: Mom
Shelves: paranormal, romance
If you have never read Krentz this is a great introduction. Fun, exciting and sexy! I read this book YEARS ago and I still remember how good it was.
Roswita
This is such an enjoyable duology. The conclusion is very satisfying. Ms. Krentz really doesn't know how to write a bad story. Loved it!
Barbara
Almost everyone is thoroughly unpleasant--only one exception and it is neither the hero nor the heroine!
rivka
Better than its prequel, but still just recommended for Krentz completists. Definitely dated.
Melissa
A must read if you love Jayne Ann Krentz!! Don't forget to read Gift of Gold as well!!
Marilyn
Dec 23, 2012 Marilyn rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Marilyn by: A friend
I have read this book at least 5 time and I enjoy it a new each and every time.
Allison
What made this better was that it was read while coding . . .
Michelle
Pretty good for an older book!!
Judy Goodnight
Very much enjoyed this sequel.
Val
so so not one of her best
Carrie
Feb 19, 2012 Carrie marked it as to-read
Shelves: library-has-copy
Library has large-print copy.
Evebooks
bikin pengen hunting semua buku jak.....
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Gift of Fire (1989) Book 2 1 2 Sep 27, 2012 11:29AM
  • Fabulous Beast
  • The Sinister Touch (Guinevere Jones, Book 3)
  • Reckless

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant...more
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...
Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) All Night Long White Lies (Arcane Society, #2) Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3)