Start by marking “I Can Do It Myself” as Want to Read:
I Can Do It Myself

I Can Do It Myself

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Can you tie your shoe? Write your letters and numbers? Make your bed? Or set the table? Can you do it by yourself? Children and parents alike will rejoice as 4- to 6-year-olds achieve these important childhood milestones (and many more) with the help of this engaging and fun picture book.

Award-winning author-illustrator Valorie Fisher uses bright, gorgeous photos to illus
Published July 8th 2014 by Schwartz & Wade

To ask other readers questions about I Can Do It Myself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Do It Myself

I Can Do It Myself is an interesting mix of bright, colorful illustration and practical how-to guides for small children. The choice of stop-motion animation combined with real-life photography gives the illustration a fun, quirky feel that will also serve to help children make better connections between their own hands, feet, and objects they have at home, and the objects and motions they see in the book.

The breadth of subject matter for the how-to's in this book was impressive, as was the boo
This is a primer for everything a child works on on preschool into kindergarten. From knowing how to correctly hold a pencil to knowing and writing numbers, letters, colors and even manners, this book has a lot of information. Fisher uses a combination of dolls, illustrations and photographs throughout the book which is an visually interesting choice. Each concept is conveyed along the edge of each page.
This is a great learning book for kids with bright pictures and descriptions. I like the fact that it discusses writing with both hands, not just the right one, and that the main text of the book begins on the edges, allowing the reader to figure out the text from the context of the pictures instead.
Read  Ribbet
Clever concept book that invites kids to interact as they learn about right and left,how to hold a pencil, numbers, letters, words, shapes, colors, patterns, and self-help skills. Use of photos and little plastic models, gives the kids clear directions on how to complete each task.
This is a great book for getting toddlers interested in routine life activities. Even the shapes page becomes an activity, both of my children cut the shapes required to make their own versions of the "I know my shapes" page. This book is a manual for fun!
J. Jefferson

What a cute book! This would be great for an at-home book for a toddler/preschooler. The photos are great, and the directions are very simple. Content covers getting dressed, writing ABCs and words, setting the table, tying shoelaces, etc.
Combines boldly colored photography and affirming text in an upbeat approach to elementary childhood milestones that encourages young children to practice such independent skills as tying shoes, making beds, and writing letters and numbers.
Apparently I write my "5"s and my "N"s incorrectly. This could explain why, at my first "grown-up" job, I was told I needed to work on my "5"s. They've gotten much better since then.
Ashley Wesner
Every page is a different set of things children should start doing by kindergarten. It shows you how to tie shoes, count, hold your pencil, etc. It's a great learning book!
Monica Williams
There is a lot going on in this volume so if sharing with the younger set I would say take one at time. Nevertheless it does have some brightly colored charm.
Mar 25, 2015 H rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: children
I cannot begrudge a book that somehow taught a 2.5-year-old to trace the numbers 1-10 after a single read.
Edward Sullivan
Fun, engaging concept book to help younger children how to do simple tasks independently.
Part how-to, part celebration of the daily tasks that kids must master as they grow. The layouts are well balanced, vibrant and include photos of multiethnic dolls/action figures demonstrating each skill.

I liked the way that writing numbers and letters was broken down and how largely they were presented in the book, making it a nice spread to practice those skills.

This is my favorite new book on this topic! PreK.
This is a concept book that shows children how to complete simple tasks like writing their numbers, setting the table, tying their shoes, and brushing their teeth. Actually, there are many more cool things they show. My favorite thing about the book are the cute little plastic bendy people/animals used in many of the photos. This will be a great book for parents with young children or Early Childhood classrooms.
Joanna added it
Aug 26, 2015
Tara marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Amy added it
Jun 23, 2015
Negro Nancy
Negro Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015