I Can Do It Myself

I Can Do It Myself

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Can you tie your shoe? Write your letters and numbers? Make your bed? Or set the table? Can you do it by yourself? Children and parents alike will rejoice as 4- to 6-year-olds achieve these important childhood milestones (and many more) with the help of this engaging and fun picture book.

Award-winning author-illustrator Valorie Fisher uses bright, gorgeous photos to illus...more
Published July 8th 2014 by Schwartz & Wade

Mallory
I Can Do It Myself is an interesting mix of bright, colorful illustration and practical how-to guides for small children. The choice of stop-motion animation combined with real-life photography gives the illustration a fun, quirky feel that will also serve to help children make better connections between their own hands, feet, and objects they have at home, and the objects and motions they see in the book.

The breadth of subject matter for the how-to's in this book was impressive, as was the boo...more
Read  Ribbet
Clever concept book that invites kids to interact as they learn about right and left,how to hold a pencil, numbers, letters, words, shapes, colors, patterns, and self-help skills. Use of photos and little plastic models, gives the kids clear directions on how to complete each task.
Edward Sullivan
Fun, engaging concept book to help younger children how to do simple tasks independently.
Karin
This is a concept book that shows children how to complete simple tasks like writing their numbers, setting the table, tying their shoes, and brushing their teeth. Actually, there are many more cool things they show. My favorite thing about the book are the cute little plastic bendy people/animals used in many of the photos. This will be a great book for parents with young children or Early Childhood classrooms.
Meghan Nels
Meghan Nels marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Alpha
Alpha marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 01, 2014
Maren
Maren marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Librariansteph
Librariansteph marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Nancy Yob
Nancy Yob marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Snow
Snow marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Everything I Need to Know Before I'm Five Ellsworth's Extraordinary Electric Ears and Other Amazing Alphabet Anecdotes How High Can a Dinosaur Count?: ...and Other Math Mysteries My Big Brother When Ruby Tried to Grow Candy