Start by marking “Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams #4)” as Want to Read:
Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams #4)

Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams #4)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  22 reviews
It all begins with a kiss…

After tragedy brings her home to Louisiana, all Shayla Kirkland wants is to reconnect with her family. Between helping care for her nieces and running her recently opened coffee shop, there's no time for romance. Until the workaholic entrepreneur meets Xavier Wright, the hunky E.R. doctor who has the local females waiting in line.

The sleepy town
Published March 18th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Forever's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever's Promise

Bonnie
I won Forever's Promise in a giveaway. I have not read the first books but would like to. This book has a very good story line. Shayla Kirkland moves back home because of guilt. She never visited when her brother was alive and asked her to visit. She was too busy. He ends up shooting himself. Shayla moves back home to help her sister-in-law raise her two girls. Shayla has a hard time working her way into their family. Shayla opens a coffee shop. Shayla meets Xavier Wright in the E.R. room when s ...more
Stefanie
I won this book in a contest and I am glad I did. There are some very emotional parts that I can understand especially dealing PTSD. I can't wait to read more of these stories. i highly recommend this book.
Judy Pflueger
Shayla moves back home to help with her nieces after the loss of her brother. She is learning that family it the most important thing in her life. Dr. Xavier Wright is a temporary fixture in the small community of Gauthier. The hot, single doctor has women making excuses for trips to the E.R. to be treated by him. Shayla is the exception especially when he accuses her of using her youngest niece for a trip to the E.R. to get close to him. He wants to get to know her better but she has no room fo ...more
Shalonda
Tragedy makes Shayla Kirkland leave her high profile job in Seattle to move back to her home town. She opens up a small coffe shop in Gauther, LA. She wants to build a relationship with her nieces and estranged sister in-law. She does not have time to fall in love.

Xavier Wright is the fine ER doctor that has everyone's blood pressure up. He moves from Hotlanta to the sleepy town of Gaither hoping for a new life.

This is another great love story from Farrah Rochan. She is great romance novel write
Pretty
Shayla Kirkland is trying to connect with her family after the death of her brother. Dr Xavier Wright was trying to avoid having his heartbroken again. When they met, there was a huge misunderstanding on his part, but after he finds out the truth he did his best to apologize to her. She finally accepts his apology, and accepts his dinner invitation. They decide to take it slow and see if it will lead to anything. I can't want to read the next book to find out if it grew into something big or dw ...more
Reshemah
This was another great story in the Bayou Dreams series by Farrah Rochon. After the death of her brother, Shayla Kirkland returns to Gauthier to reconnect with her family. Running her coffe shop and helping take care of her nieces is all Shayla needs until she meets the sexy E.R. Doctor, Xavier Wright.
Shayla and Xavier's romance was a sweet and wonderful story. I always enjoy returning to the fictional town of Gauthier and catching up on the lives of other couples from past books. I know sooner
Connie
A great easy to read romance novel. Great as a stand alone story. This is the first book I've read by this author and will definitely have to look up the others in this series. Now to pass it on to other family members for them to enjoy!

FTC disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
pamela stroman
Wow just wonderful!!!

I'm never disappointed whenever I read a book by this author. I have truly enjoyed this series. It was great how Shayla was their for her nieces and sister-in-law Leslie. Shayla even found love in the process. Just wonderful!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
CHANDRA  FIELDS
Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams)

Each time I read a book by Farrah Rochon I always know that I won't put it down till I finish the whole thing! I loved it from beginning to end! There's no other way to say it, read it for yourself you will give it 5 Stars. Great Read!!!
Jennifer Smith
I won this in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway!!

This was a fun read with very likable characters. There are some serious situations in this book and they are dealt with in a heartwarming way. Overall, a quick and easy read. I would read more books by this author.
Toni
This is part of the Bayou series. Shayla Kirkland moves back to Gauthier LA out of a sense of guilt, after her brother kills himself. She hopes to help her sister-in-law,Leslie raise nieces Cassidy & Kristi. She meets Dr Xavier Wright when she has to take Kristi to ER after she eats Easter egg dye. This was a great read and touches on the death of Shayla's brother who was suffering from PTSD and didn't get the help he needed.
Nicole Turner
A great story about family sticking together. A traveling doctor finding a home after heart break. About two little girls trying to make a connection with their aunt. A funny story with some serious point.
Kendra Griffin
FOREVER'S PROMISE

FOREVER'S PROMISE

SHAYLA AND XAIVER'S STORY WAS AMAZING, AND IT SHOWS YOU HOW LOVE AND SUPPORT CAN BRING A FAMILY BACK TOGETHER DESPITE TRAGEDY.
Barbara Foster
****Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads****
This book has also been read by 2 other members of my family. Nothing is worse than forgetting a book at someone's house that you have just started reading! Both loved it. One of the best PTSD/family books I have read to date. I laughed out loud several times. Highly enjoyable read.
°BeauutiLovve°
Great read!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was really good I loved it
Shaquaila
I really enjoyed this read.
Kimberly
Love the bayou series
Deborah Blanchard
I absolutely loved this book. It is well written and the story flows effortlessly. I found the characters to be well developed and I felt like I knew them personally. I liked that the romance bloomed slowly, that made it
more realistic to me. I would definitely recommend this book. I was lucky enough to have won this through first reads on Goodreads. A wonderful story that I believe you will enjoy. I know that I did.
Shone
May 30, 2014 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: bayou-dreams
There's no place like home, once again Farrah Rochon takes us to the sleepy town of Gauthier, Louisiana.This time we find Shayla Kirkland is trying hard to reconnect with her family and become a part of the community.

The more she is treated as an outsider and accused of the craziest things the hard she tries. Can she once again become a home town girl or will she runaway once more?
Kimberly
Cute story nothing that will stand out that will make you remember and go wow that was a good romance.This was a first reads giveaway book.
Nadine
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways

This is my first book from this author and definitely not my last. This was a great book about reconnecting with family with a nice love story mixed into it
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Bayou Dreams
Blow Pop
Blow Pop marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Deitriah
Deitriah marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Mariah Phillip
Mariah Phillip marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
  • Every Road To You (Espresso Empire, #1)
  • Platinum Promises
  • Her Perfect Candidate
  • Way to Her Heart
  • Our First Embrace
  • Seduced by the Playboy
  • A Bird Without Wings
  • Summer Heat
  • Pleasure Under the Sun
  • Just One Taste (The Buchanans of Alaska, #2)(Coles Family, #4)
  • To Desire a Wilde (Wilde In Wyoming, #3)
  • Legal Seduction
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Vegas, Baby
  • Lovers Premiere
  • Island for Two: Hawaii Magic\Fiji Fantasy
A native of south Louisiana, Farrah Rochon officially began her writing career while waiting in between classes in the student lounge at Xavier University of Louisiana. After earning her Bachelors of Science degree and a Masters of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University, Farrah decided to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published novelist. She was named Shades of Romance Magazine's Be ...more
More about Farrah Rochon...

Bayou Dreams (6 books)
  • A Forever Kind of Love (Bayou Dreams #1)
  • Always and Forever (Bayou Dreams #2)
  • Yours Forever (Bayou Dreams #3)
  • Forever with You (Bayou Dreams #5)
  • Stay with Me Forever (Bayou Dreams #6)
Deliver Me (Holmes Brothers, #1) The Rebound Guy I'll Catch You (New York Sabers Football, #3) A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1) Rescue Me (Holmes Brothers, #3)