Start by marking “Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams #4)” as Want to Read:
Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams #4)

Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams #4)

It all begins with a kiss…

After tragedy brings her home to Louisiana, all Shayla Kirkland wants is to reconnect with her family. Between helping care for her nieces and running her recently opened coffee shop, there's no time for romance. Until the workaholic entrepreneur meets Xavier Wright, the hunky E.R. doctor who has the local females waiting in line.

The sleepy town
Published March 18th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Forever's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever's Promise

Bonnie
Mar 13, 2014 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
I won Forever's Promise in a giveaway. I have not read the first books but would like to. This book has a very good story line. Shayla Kirkland moves back home because of guilt. She never visited when her brother was alive and asked her to visit. She was too busy. He ends up shooting himself. Shayla moves back home to help her sister-in-law raise her two girls. Shayla has a hard time working her way into their family. Shayla opens a coffee shop. Shayla meets Xavier Wright in the E.R. room when s ...more
Stefanie
Mar 15, 2014 Stefanie rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a contest and I am glad I did. There are some very emotional parts that I can understand especially dealing PTSD. I can't wait to read more of these stories. i highly recommend this book.
Judy Pflueger
Apr 03, 2014 Judy Pflueger rated it it was amazing
Shayla moves back home to help with her nieces after the loss of her brother. She is learning that family it the most important thing in her life. Dr. Xavier Wright is a temporary fixture in the small community of Gauthier. The hot, single doctor has women making excuses for trips to the E.R. to be treated by him. Shayla is the exception especially when he accuses her of using her youngest niece for a trip to the E.R. to get close to him. He wants to get to know her better but she has no room fo ...more
Philippa Lodge
Dec 26, 2015 Philippa Lodge rated it liked it
I nearly stopped reading this book. The writing is good and the hero and heroine are interesting, but the conflict on their way to Happy Ever After is minimal. The foreplay is also minimal.

And the details threw me out of the story over and over. The children were plot moppets, especially the three year old. The eight year old was pretty close, but even she felt two dimensional. And she let kids go play on the playground with 2-scoop ice cream cones? And the 3yo wasn't wearing most of it before
Shalonda
May 10, 2014 Shalonda rated it really liked it
Tragedy makes Shayla Kirkland leave her high profile job in Seattle to move back to her home town. She opens up a small coffe shop in Gauther, LA. She wants to build a relationship with her nieces and estranged sister in-law. She does not have time to fall in love.

Xavier Wright is the fine ER doctor that has everyone's blood pressure up. He moves from Hotlanta to the sleepy town of Gaither hoping for a new life.

This is another great love story from Farrah Rochan. She is great romance novel write
Pretty
Apr 29, 2014 Pretty rated it it was amazing
Shayla Kirkland is trying to connect with her family after the death of her brother. Dr Xavier Wright was trying to avoid having his heartbroken again. When they met, there was a huge misunderstanding on his part, but after he finds out the truth he did his best to apologize to her. She finally accepts his apology, and accepts his dinner invitation. They decide to take it slow and see if it will lead to anything. I can't want to read the next book to find out if it grew into something big or dw ...more
Reshemah
Mar 29, 2014 Reshemah rated it it was amazing
This was another great story in the Bayou Dreams series by Farrah Rochon. After the death of her brother, Shayla Kirkland returns to Gauthier to reconnect with her family. Running her coffe shop and helping take care of her nieces is all Shayla needs until she meets the sexy E.R. Doctor, Xavier Wright.
Shayla and Xavier's romance was a sweet and wonderful story. I always enjoy returning to the fictional town of Gauthier and catching up on the lives of other couples from past books. I know sooner
Connie
Mar 30, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
A great easy to read romance novel. Great as a stand alone story. This is the first book I've read by this author and will definitely have to look up the others in this series. Now to pass it on to other family members for them to enjoy!

FTC disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
pamela stroman
Apr 04, 2014 pamela stroman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wonderful!!!

I'm never disappointed whenever I read a book by this author. I have truly enjoyed this series. It was great how Shayla was their for her nieces and sister-in-law Leslie. Shayla even found love in the process. Just wonderful!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
CHANDRA  FIELDS
Forever's Promise (Bayou Dreams)

Each time I read a book by Farrah Rochon I always know that I won't put it down till I finish the whole thing! I loved it from beginning to end! There's no other way to say it, read it for yourself you will give it 5 Stars. Great Read!!!
A.D. A.D.
Jul 07, 2016 A.D. A.D. rated it it was amazing
I highly enjoyed this book. From a writer's standpoint, I thought the analogies used to describe the characters were so befitting and endearing for the town the story was based in. From a reader's standpoint, I just adored the characters and especially how Farrah weaved in Shayla's desire to build relationships with her nieces. I think that part of the plot added so much to the storyline. I definitely recommend this book.
Jennifer Smith
Jul 07, 2014 Jennifer Smith rated it liked it
I won this in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway!!

This was a fun read with very likable characters. There are some serious situations in this book and they are dealt with in a heartwarming way. Overall, a quick and easy read. I would read more books by this author.
Toni
Apr 02, 2014 Toni rated it really liked it
This is part of the Bayou series. Shayla Kirkland moves back to Gauthier LA out of a sense of guilt, after her brother kills himself. She hopes to help her sister-in-law,Leslie raise nieces Cassidy & Kristi. She meets Dr Xavier Wright when she has to take Kristi to ER after she eats Easter egg dye. This was a great read and touches on the death of Shayla's brother who was suffering from PTSD and didn't get the help he needed.
Nicole Turner
Mar 19, 2014 Nicole Turner rated it it was amazing
A great story about family sticking together. A traveling doctor finding a home after heart break. About two little girls trying to make a connection with their aunt. A funny story with some serious point.
Kendra Griffin
Jun 22, 2014 Kendra Griffin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FOREVER'S PROMISE

FOREVER'S PROMISE

SHAYLA AND XAIVER'S STORY WAS AMAZING, AND IT SHOWS YOU HOW LOVE AND SUPPORT CAN BRING A FAMILY BACK TOGETHER DESPITE TRAGEDY.
Barbara Foster
Mar 21, 2014 Barbara Foster rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myfirstreads
****Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads****
This book has also been read by 2 other members of my family. Nothing is worse than forgetting a book at someone's house that you have just started reading! Both loved it. One of the best PTSD/family books I have read to date. I laughed out loud several times. Highly enjoyable read.
°BeauutiLovve
Mar 23, 2014 °BeauutiLovve rated it it was amazing
Great read!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was really good I loved it
Shaquaila
Jan 11, 2015 Shaquaila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this read.
Kimberly
Mar 19, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Love the bayou series
Deborah Blanchard
I absolutely loved this book. It is well written and the story flows effortlessly. I found the characters to be well developed and I felt like I knew them personally. I liked that the romance bloomed slowly, that made it
more realistic to me. I would definitely recommend this book. I was lucky enough to have won this through first reads on Goodreads. A wonderful story that I believe you will enjoy. I know that I did.
Shone
May 30, 2014 Shone rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: bayou-dreams
There's no place like home, once again Farrah Rochon takes us to the sleepy town of Gauthier, Louisiana.This time we find Shayla Kirkland is trying hard to reconnect with her family and become a part of the community.

The more she is treated as an outsider and accused of the craziest things the hard she tries. Can she once again become a home town girl or will she runaway once more?
Kimberly
Apr 04, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Cute story nothing that will stand out that will make you remember and go wow that was a good romance.This was a first reads giveaway book.
Nadine
Jun 13, 2014 Nadine rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, romance
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways

This is my first book from this author and definitely not my last. This was a great book about reconnecting with family with a nice love story mixed into it
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Bayou Dreams
Danisha
Danisha is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2016
Latessa
Latessa marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Natasha P
Natasha P rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
  • Every Road To You (Espresso Empire, #1)
  • A Bird Without Wings
  • Our First Embrace
  • Seduced by the Playboy
  • Touch of Fate
  • Her Heart's Desire
  • Just One Touch (Coles Family, #3)
  • Case for Seduction
  • When Morning Comes
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Pleasure Under the Sun
  • Legal Seduction
A native of south Louisiana, Farrah Rochon officially began her writing career while waiting in between classes in the student lounge at Xavier University of Louisiana. After earning her Bachelors of Science degree and a Masters of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University, Farrah decided to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published novelist. She was named Shades of Romance Magazine's Be ...more
More about Farrah Rochon...

Bayou Dreams (6 books)
  • A Forever Kind of Love (Bayou Dreams #1)
  • Always and Forever (Bayou Dreams #2)
  • Yours Forever (Bayou Dreams #3)
  • Forever with You (Bayou Dreams #5)
  • Stay with Me Forever (Bayou Dreams #6)