Start by marking “The Best Kind of Trouble (The Hurley Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Best Kind of Trouble (The Hurley Boys, #1)

The Best Kind of Trouble (The Hurley Boys #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  3,013 Ratings  ·  367 Reviews
She has complete control… and he's determined to take it away

A librarian in the small town of Hood River, Natalie Clayton's world is very nearly perfect. After a turbulent childhood and her once-wild ways, life is now under control. But trouble has a way of turning up unexpectedly—especially in the tall, charismatically sexy form of Paddy Hurley….

And Paddy is the kind
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published August 26th 2014 by Harlequin HQN (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Kind of Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Kind of Trouble

Auntee
Aug 02, 2014 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot contemporaries
I'm not big on rock star heroes, but lead singer/guitarist Patrick 'Paddy' Hurley (30-ish) of rock group Sweet Hollow Ranch may be the one who could change my mind! Jeez, this guy was all kinds of hot...

This is a new series for Lauren Dane, about 4 rock star brothers, but is actually a spin-off from her Delicious series (I think we first see one of the Hurley brothers in Tart, which is a spin-off from her Brown family series. Need you read those 2 series before this one? Not necessary, although
Em__Jay
Jan 15, 2015 Em__Jay rated it it was ok
I must admit I struggled with this book. When you hit the 40% mark and are constantly looking to see how much more there is it's not a good sign. Still, I did finish it...eventually.

So, what did I like? Well, the premise of a rock star, a librarian and a small town setting sounded good. Add a supportive and loving family (his) and you've got a good base to start. Or so I hoped.

What I didn't like was that this story seemed to go nowhere. Yes, they both had issues - the h more than the H - but the
Jen
Great book! Glad I picked up one of Lauren Danes books again!!! Review to come!
Michelle
Nov 30, 2015 Michelle added it
Shelves: dnf
Another insta-lust/love. Ugh! I just can't do it! It's a wrap at 20%!
Camille
Ugh, this book needed to be 3/4 shorter than it was. There was a bit of profundity and story but it was marred by all the repetitiom of the exact same phrases, scenarios, character tics, explanations and realisations. By the tedious end it seemed that nothing had really happened, it was so diluted.

And the sex was rather tame. Who is finding this hot, virgins?

Furthermore, the emotions are overwrought, the personalities blah, the dialogue flowery and unreal, and the storyline bordering on shallo
Kimberly
Aug 11, 2014 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

2.5 Hearts I am on the fence about this book. But leaning towards the just ok side. First it was a bit wordy and secondly I am not really sure the characters ever really connected. It is also written in an odd manor. It is as if the writer is trying to make the conversations too real but going so far that the wording seems off.

I really am not sure what Paddy sees in Natalie. She has so many issues and never sees to enjoy life. Yes she used to so I can se
The BookChick
I am a fan of many of Lauren Dane's series and was happy to see that she was releasing another one that had ties to the Brown and Delicious series. The Best Kind of Trouble focuses on Mary's husband Damien's (from Lush) brothers. The Hurley boys have a very notable band and have gained popularity and notoriety after their dive bar beginnings. However, while they were playing two-bit dive bars, Patrick "Paddy" Hurley met a sexy and wild girl who was wild as he was. The two embarked on a two-weeks ...more
MrsJoseph
Oct 16, 2014 MrsJoseph rated it really liked it

I loved this book. LOVED.

I can't put my finger on exactly what touched me so much about The Best Kind of Trouble. Like Mary Poppins, it was practically perfect in every way. The Best Kind of Trouble is a reunited lovers story - the best kind, at that. Natalie and Paddy didn't break up on a sour note and they shared great times together. The Best Kind of Trouble is a rockstar story - which I normally avoid - but the story takes place in a small town that sh
Larri
Jun 29, 2014 Larri rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

I fell pretty hard for the Hurley brothers in LUSH, and was so excited when Lauren Dane announced that she was writing Ezra, Paddy and Vaughan's stories. The first Hurley Boys book, Paddy's story was all I hoped for, and then some!
Rock star Paddy Hurley reconnects with a former fling, Natalie Clayton, now a librarian in his hometown. Neither has really been in a relationship before and both struggle to make it work, learning as
Wendy
Aug 16, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aug-14
The Best Kind Of Trouble is the first book in the Hurley Boys series by Lauren Dane. This is my first book by this author and she was able to completely envelop me with her writing.
This is the love story of Paddy (Patrick), a rock star and Natalie, a librarian. They had spent two wild and passionate weeks together, many years ago, when they were young and wild. Upon meeting again at a cafe Paddy instantly wants to rekindle the fire they had shared and Natalie does her very best to resist him, en
Ellie
Aug 27, 2014 Ellie added it
I'm stopping at 40% ...
It's a well written romance but frankly, I'm bored. I feel like there is no real conflict and the characters don't undergo any development - they are all nice, kind, outgrown their crazy youth.

I'm used to predictability in romance and I don't really mind it, but there is nothing in this story that tempts to read on. I see mostly positive reviews, so I could just be me, or wrong timing on my part to read it. Anyhow, I'm not rating it since I haven't finished it.
Lyndi
Nov 21, 2014 Lyndi rated it it was ok
Kinda... boring. Very slow moving romance between a charming rockstar and a librarian with control issues. A ton of sex and unresolved familial drama. I spent most of the book looking forward to the end.
Angela

Aug 21, 2014 Jess rated it liked it
Shelves: for_review
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C+

Natalie Clayton, a small town librarian and Paddy Hurley, a member of a successful rock band with his brothers, hooked up years ago for 2 weeks that neither of them have ever forgotten. Natalie isn’t that same person anymore and she’s worked hard to leave that wild, partying girl behind and takes her job and quiet life very seriously. She’s cut out people from her life who have dragged her down, mainly her own family, and she’s surrounded h
Jackie
May 08, 2015 Jackie rated it it was ok
It feels strange to knock a book for being TOO realistic, but that's how I've been feeling after reading Dane's contemporary erotic romance. The novel is told largely through dialogue, with little narrative; it feels as if we're sitting in, listening to and occasionally watching real people's lives. There isn't much of a story or plot, though, to give those lives shape or form or meaning. In real life, we don't expect romances to unfold in a shapely way, but in a book, I prefer some sense of ...more
Katherine 黄爱芬
I've got LOST IN TRANSLATION. Too bad.... I don't get the feeling of this book.

Kisah percintaan antara seorang pustakawan dan musikus, jadi terasa adem ayem saja, entah karena terjemahannya atau memang konfliknya kadar rendah yang mengakibatkan saya merasa buku ini monoton ceritanya. Dan sepanjang alur cerita, selalu mengulang-ulang kisah masa lalu Hurley Bersaudara yang terjerumus narkoba dan saat ini sedang dalam tahap pemulihan. Semua anggota keluarga Hurley seperti berlomba menceritakan mas
Monica **can't read fast enough**
This was an enjoyable story that flowed well but it unfortunately didn't stand out too much for me. I am looking forward to book 2 though so I will continue with this series soon.
Dali
Sep 01, 2014 Dali rated it really liked it
4.5 stars :: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::

Buy link -> http://amzn.to/VZ1bBX

A gorgeously witty, scorching and tender story of a rock god and a librarian who reunite years after a blazing two week liaison. They were young and silly, but now they’ve grown up and can’t deny there’s still an intense energy between them.

Even though rock stars and librarians seem to be in vogue, this first book in the Hurley Boys series cannot be mistaken this for the quintessential rock star story. Sure there’s sex (lo
MaggieReadsRom
4,5 stars

THE BEST KIND OF TROUBLE is a beautiful and emotional love story and so much more. This book gave me that feel-good book vibe from start to finish! I fell in love with both Paddy and Natalie. Because they were realistic and open. They had issues and flaws and weren't afraid to admit to them and realize they weren't perfect. They showed a relationship needs to be worked on, even when the sexual compatibilty is strong and the sex is hot. And believe me, the sex in this book is HOT!

I love
Katie(babs)
Jan 22, 2015 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
The Best Kind of Trouble reads like a good old fashion romance, which makes me very nostalgic, but in a good way. Paddy and Natalie are thoughtful, mature people, who are surrounded by a great cast of characters. I loved their history together and how both learned from their mistakes in order to become a great couple. Paddy, oh Paddy, you stole my heart you dirty talking during sex, romantic, I love to cook for my woman hero. Paddy is one of my favorite heroes this year because he's so gosh darn ...more
Bookbeauty
Jul 09, 2014 Bookbeauty rated it it was amazing
I have received an ARC via NetGalley.

I adore Lauren Dane, because none of her stories are following a run-of-the-mine “formular” and each one of her series are unique and smoking hot.

The book The Best Kind of Trouble can be placed in the “Brown Family” and “Delicious” universe and tells the story of Paddy, the brother of Damien from the book “Lush“. In my opinion, you should’ve read all the previous books (yup, fangirling here like mad), because there are recurring characters and to understand s
Hoover Public Library Adult Fiction
Aug 18, 2014 Hoover Public Library Adult Fiction rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Small-town librarian Natalie Clayton's life is very predictable and structured and she's worked very hard to make it that way. She likes to be in control of her life and her circumstances and is not looking for anyone to challenge that.

Rock-star, lead singer and guitarist of the band Sweet Hollow Ranch, Patrick (Paddy) Hurley runs into Natalie at a coffee shop in the small town of Hood River, Oregon where he and his three brothers live and run a ranch when not on tour.

Back in Natalie's wilder d
Aղցela W.
Natalie is a small town librarian. One morning in the coffee shop she sees rock star, Patrick (Paddy) Hurley. Natalie and Patrick had a two week fling long ago before Patrick’s band hit it big, and Natalie remembers it fondly. However, she’s made a lot of changes in her life since then, and she’s not interested in the chaos she’s sure Paddy will bring with him. Paddy is very interested in her, though, and he really wants another chance to explore the explosive chemistry they had years ago and to ...more
Talia
Jun 03, 2014 Talia added it
Lisa
Aug 28, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 sexy rock & roll stars

I'm so in love with this book that I want to go back and start reading it again. I can always count on Lauren Dane to take me on a journey and she has a way of creating characters that I want to read more about and now secretively wish I was part of Hurley gang.

Full review to come.

photo tumblr_l3zomt1OVw1qzada4-copia_zps0f2011ca.gif

Victoria
3.0 RATING- so I normally love Lauren Dane but this was just okay for me. I find heroines with daddy issues kind of pathetic and although this heroine was likable and seemingly strong in others areas of her life, her family issues grated on me. I wanted to tell her to get over it already! I could go on about a couple of things that were slightly irritating but don't have the motivation to spend any more time in this. I think other readers will enjoy this more. I'm just being nit picky here I ...more
Bethyboo ღ The Book Addict ღ
Well this book was a drag. I'm not sure why, but i did not enjoy this book. It dragged and dragged and dragged. Nothing really exciting or angsty happened in this book till the last few pages. Everything was going oh so perfectly and it just rubbed me the wrong way. The characters were nice and all and so the sex way okay, but all in all in was just rather meh.
Mandy
Apr 13, 2015 Mandy rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Lauren Dane and her series. I love the way she writes and builds families. I thoroughly enjoyed Paddy and Natalie and the progression of their relationship. I hope we get more from Paddy and Natalie in subsequent as I felt the ending was a little abrupt.
P.A. Lupton
Feb 09, 2016 P.A. Lupton rated it liked it
This was 3.5 stars for me. Lauren Dane did a great job of relationship building, but at times it was so slow and I felt like something else should be happening. This was a book with amazing character but only so-so plot.
from Amazon 1 22 Jan 09, 2014 03:29PM
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Looking for Trouble (Jackson: Girl's Night Out, #1)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons, #3)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss, #1.5)
  • Deeper Than Need (Secrets & Shadows, #1)
  • No Strings Attached (Razor Bay, #3)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • Into the Shadows (The Associates, #3)
  • Bound to Danger (Deadly Ops, #2)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,
More about Lauren Dane...

The Hurley Boys (3 books)
  • Broken Open (The Hurley Boys, #2)
  • Back to You (The Hurley Boys, #3)

“Someone isn’t your family simply because they contributed to your DNA. Family is how you act.” 1 likes
“You’re ballsy, Nats. Jeez.” “Pfft. Why do men say that? Balls? If you kick them or bump them or they get cold or too warm, you guys go down for the count. I say I have vagina. Way tougher than balls. Though it does hurt to get kicked there.” 0 likes