Start by marking “The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)

The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game #3)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  7,760 ratings  ·  717 reviews
This is the third (and final) installment in Jack & Cassie's story!

“It’s one hell of a sledgehammer to the chest when your baseball career comes to an end. It’s like you finally realize that baseball never loved you back. All the sleepless nights, the hours spent at the gym trying to stay fit, the conditioning, the training, the mental preparation, the holiday’s misse
Published December 25th 2013 (first published December 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetest Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweetest Game

Hopeless by Colleen HooverThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiSlammed by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
6Star Books
104th out of 434 books — 582 voters
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyCrush by Nicole  WilliamsReckless by S.C. StephensThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Young/New Adult Where There Is A Pregnancy
10th out of 41 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Katy The Die Hard Romance Addict ❤️
5 Beautiful stars

I'm going to keep this review simple and easy it's going include a few pictures of my memories of well this series as a whole. This conclusion was to me a giant big 'epilogue' really it tidied all those ends that were left feeling okay but not complete this DID, it showed me how they lived with baseball in their lives, being married, how their family coped how their relationship survived it was great. I mean there was lots of lovely sexy moments, lots of friendly moments, lots
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

Jack fcuking Carter we love you!

"Every moment with you is never enough; I always want more. And I always will."

Jack shocked us, hurt us and then redeemed himself and went on to steal our hearts.

In this last installment Jack and Cassie are faced with new challenges which initially scare us but turn out to be the best thing that could've happened!

Jack and Cassie wow these two are so in love I'm even jealous!

I cannot rate this 5 stars because these two were so in love and so perfect that it irrita
Sara
Hell yes!! This is how you wrap up the last book of a series!! Hands down loved every page. Thank you for not desecrating jack and Cassie and their love. Thank you for keeping the integrity of their characters and their love. Thank you for no over the top bullshit drama. Thank you for giving me a more than just a happy ending. Thank you for not making Cassie annoying. The moment she realized jack was her home, and all she needed.... Beautiful.

I loved Jack fucking carter! I loved Cassie. I didn'
Kelli C for "Cross"
OMG...I lost my whole damn review!!!! UGH, PISSY!!!

Well, here is the short and sweet of it...JACK F'N CARTER...

I loved that Jack and Cassie have their HEA and that no matter what happens they will always be there for one another. I love that these two have grown up and found that ever after kind of love. This has amazing internal dialogue with epiphany moments that are so heartfelt. Just know that there is nothing better than Jack carter looking into the eyes of his newborn child...And for all o
romance enthusiast
Oct 31, 2013 romance enthusiast marked it as to-read
I cant believe there will be one last book, who would have thought? Anyways, I'll try to give this another chance, because book 2 completely disappoint me, I wish this book will not.
Linda

My beautiful Kitten. My heart. My soul. The only thing in this world I love more than baseball.

I have to be honest, I have a love hate relationship with this series. The first book "The Perfect Game" completely made me mad. Jack F'N Carter made me mad. Just thinking about what he did makes me mad all over again, lol. The second book was OK. That crazy girl from TPG made an appearance, and I wanted to toss her around the room a few times. The third and final book "The Sweetest Game" spanned so
Debbie
Jack F'n Carter!!!!!!!!!!!

This was me when I heard there would be a third book in this series

Now that I've read it, I'm all like

I know some readers have their britches all up in knots because there was even a third book in this series. As for me, a girl who is always chasing after happily ever afters, I welcomed it and ended up really enjoying it.

I know a lot of readers were turned off by Jack after book one. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to rip Jack's balls off too after he did what he did. Any
✿kawehi.reviews
description

I don't know if it was out of glutton punishment but I had NEVER been a fan of Jack ever since he cheated on Cassie in book one and then left her for the other girl after.

Then in book two, I felt as if there was no story or character development and it basically ended on the same note that book one did.

As for this book, well, it was okay to say the least. It didn't make me squirm with giddiness but it also didn't annoy me...too much anyway...It was more so just blah throughout.

Jack, Jack... I
Anne OK
For me this was the best of the three -- probably because Jack finally proved his worth. This series of books is everything that makes reading delightful in contemporary romance -- with the added specialty of sports-themed. I loved it all -- the good, the bad, the ugly and especially the perfect and "sweetest" happily ever after between Jack and his Kitten. It was a joy to watch these two grow from young college students into the capable and responsible adults they became. There are so many wond ...more
Lindsay
Well...I have to say that while I knew there was a third book in the works, I thought it was going to be about Jack's brother. And I was fine with that. I wanted his story. I wasn't anticipating a third book about Cassie and Jack when I felt the second book wasn't needed. But, I'm apparently glutton for punishment because I gave in and read this anyway.

Just reading the synopsis told me that something was going to happen to Jack's career and that would cause angst for him and Cassie. And it didn
RCA
Jack and Cassie has been through so many trials and tribulations that I could not wait to see where their story would go and how it would end. This book starts after their wedding and ends with an Epi from their 17 year old son Chance.
Thank you Jenn Sterling for giving me a female character lead who is a strong, mature, professional, confident working woman. Thank you for bringing the couple full circle in love and life. Watching them grow and strengthen their love was simply fantastic. I am no
bosoxgurl
Dec 08, 2014 bosoxgurl marked it as top-25-priority-to-read-next
Merry fucking Christmas to us!
Jennifer Reyes
*Swoon* When I first heard that there was going to be a THIRD Jack F'n Carter book I literally squealed. I fell in love with him, I hated him and then I fell for him once again in The Perfect Game and The Game Changer. To be quite honest I was excited to be getting more of Cassie and Jack's story as I will always want more of them, BUT I was a little scared as to WHAT this third book would deal with, or that it would have some unnecessary drama added to it to make it 'interesting'. I am quite ha ...more
Holly
Ahhhhh this read was bittersweet for me! While I loved it and and thought it was the perfect ending to Jack and Cassie's story, I was sad knowing it was the final book. Jenn gave us a grand slam letting us experience married life and then some with Jack & Cassie (although Jack did have some momentary douchebaggery behavior when baseball turned on him for a bit) We see Dean and Melissa's wrap up as well. This really was a perfect ending to this series. Jack F'n Carter will always be one of my ...more
Christine
What a great ending to Jack and Cassie's story!! I really loved this series and enjoyed the ride Jenn took us on. Thank you for giving us Jack F'n Carter!!!
TeriLyn
I'm so happy J. Sterling gave us The Sweetest Game. After being disappointed with book 2 in this series, I was cautious about getting my hopes up for book 3. The Sweetest Game is absolutely worth reading if you're a fan of Jack and Cassie. The story allows us to experience Jack and Cassie's marriage, baseball, and subsequent events. I loved The Perfect Game so reading this made it all that much better for me. I honestly could skip right over book 2 if I ever wanted a Jack and Cassie re-read. If ...more
Kristie
“But I lost you. I had to get you back. Nothing comes easy. I fuck things up. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I fuck up baseball too.”
Jack and Cassie have been through so much. He has literally punched us in the stomach with some of his life altering decisions he has made. We have experienced the good, the bad, the ugly but most importantly the wonderful side of TRUE LOVE.
In the Perfect Game, Jack lost Cassie but eventually was able to win her back. The Game Changer Cassie struggled w
We like it big book blog
Hitting that final page of The Sweetest Game was definitely a bittersweet moment. This final installment to the Perfect Game series was perfectly done and I applaud J. Sterling for giving these two beloved characters the ending they so greatly deserved.

This final book was filled with tons of amplified swoon worthy moments which made be completely fall in love with Jack f'n Carter all over again.

The love between him and Cassie was clearly demonstrated by selfless acts and professions of their co
Chrissy
WOW! Such an amazing end to an amazing series. I absolutely love Jack F’n Carter and Cassie! I saw this book download on my Kindle and as soon as I got it, I literally read it in one sitting, I didn’t care if I was thirsty, had to eat, etc. This was the perfect ending to a series, and to a Christmas day.

This story spans a lot of years and starts off with their wedding day, and ends in such an amazing way. There was a part of this book that I wanted to punch Jack in the face, but you understand w
Daphney (Bookish Laurel)
teaser

tangled my fingers through the strands of her long hair, surprised at how soft it always felt. She stirred against me. “Morning, babe,” she said against my chest.

“Morning, Kitten.”

Her head shot up from my skin, leaving it cold and empty. “Oh my God. Do you remember what we heard last night?” She covered her mouth to stop from laughing too loudly.

I had forgotten. “We don’t know what we heard.”

“Oh, bullshit! You know as well as I do they were totally having sex in our guest room!”

“Maybe
To be completely honest, I was not looking forward to reading this book at all. I loved the first book and hated the second one. But, I am happy to say that this might just be my favourite out of all three in the series.

It had the required drama for Jack and Cassie but there was also HUGE character development from the first book. There was no running away from their problems this time. They faced everything (view spoiler)
Cory
I was really excited when I found out there was another book in this series, and I wasn't disappointed in the least!

Another glimpse into the lives of Jack and Cassie, Dean and Melissa, and Gran and Gramps...and I loved it!

This book goes over a pretty long period of time so you really get to see Jack grow up. Believe me, he can still be a dumbass at times, but even then you have to love him.

I absolutely loved the epilogue, but that's all I'm going to write about that ;)

This ended their story quit
Aimen *Vampire Bookworm*
One of the best conclusions to a series I've read in a long time! I absolutely loved it. And I also loved how the Epilogue was from Chance's perspective. Yeah, dirty as I sound, I totally have a crush on him.

I'll definitely miss Jack F'N Carter and his Kitten and the rest of the gang. Round of applause, J. Sterling! You blew my mind.

Also, I think this is the perfect casting for 16-year-old Chance!

Heather Putnam
EEP! Perfect ending to one of my all-time favorite series. I've felt a personal connection with Jack and Cassie's story since day 1 so reading the final installment was bittersweet. This couple went through hell and back and made it out even closer than before. You don't read about such REAL characters very often. So go READ THIS BOOK! Jen Sterling is such a badass :)
Gina
Oh jack carter....how I love you!!!

I applaud Jen sterling for taking risks in her books and the roads less traveled! This book def wrapped this series up in a tight bow!!!
Danielle at Mean Girls Luv Books
100% absolute PERFECTION!
An absolutely perfect ending for a couple that has a little piece of my heart.
Hands down my favorite of this series.
Nicole
I freaking love Jack F'n Carter!!
Leah Weltzien
I was so excited when I found out there was going to be a third book in this series. I felt like the second book left you hanging because it ends on their wedding but you don't get to see anything after that and how they are living their HEA. So I was glad there was a third book to show us how they went from there.

Not to far into the book I was really not happy with Jack. He just got into this place where he really needed a good wake up call, it took awhile but he did get back to being a decen
Cynthia
OMG!!! This is such an AMAZING end to an AMAZINGLY AWESOME series. Although Jack did mess up in The Perfect Game, I forgave him in The Game Changer. In The Sweetest Game I just fell even more in love with Jack F’n Carter, and his Kitten.
Jack will forever hold a special place in my heart. The Sweetest game was a Christmas present to myself, and possibly my favorite gift.

The Sweetest Game starts off with Jack and Cassie on their wedding day. These two just shined with their love of one another.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
4.5 stars!
Perfect ending to this series..loved the growth of the characters. Jack finally putting others first. Loved the look into Dean and Melissa. Most of all truly LOVED looks into the future. Full review to come.

Possible Chance book...I hope so!

Updated 12/29
This was a bittersweet read for me - for one main reason - I am not ready for this series to be over or to let these characters go! Reading this book brought tears to my eyes seeing how far Jack and Cassie have come as a couple. I have l
  • Music of the Soul (Runaway Train, #2.5)
  • Euphoria (Book Boyfriend, #3)
  • The Game Changer: The Final Score (The Game Changer, #2)
  • Room for Just a Little Bit More (Cranberry Inn, #2.5)
  • Finding My Forever (The Beaumont Series, #3)
  • Sweet Rome (Sweet Home, #2)
  • Hard to Love You (Love, #3)
  • Drew + Fable Forever (One Week Girlfriend, #3.5)
  • Infinity. (Infinity, #4)
  • Lila and Ethan: Forever and Always (The Secret, #4.5)
  • Torn (Connections, #2)
  • Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)
  • Captive (Fire on Ice, #2)
  • Forever (Seaside, #3.5)
  • Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Near and Far (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Loving You (Jade, #3)
I got fired from my last job. It's true. I know you're sitting there thinking "Jenn, how could anyone in their right mind fire someone as amazing and awesome as you???" And i'd love to give you a good reason, but the truth is- being this awesome is clearly very scary to other less awesome people.

So I said screw them and started writing my first book. And you know what I realized? Writing books th
More about J. Sterling...
The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1) The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2) Seeing Stars (Celebrity, #1) Chance Encounters In Dreams (The Dream, #1)

“Love is the one thing in this world worth taking a risk for. When you're older and you look back on the life you lived, you won't regret the fact that you took the chance to love someone. But you will regret the chances on love you didn't take. Especially the ones rooted in fear. They're only scary because you have the most to lose. You feel the most for them. Don't let the fear of losing love stop you from having the experience altogether.” 18 likes
“I’m yours. There will never come a time when I don’t belong to you. It’s you for me, or no one. You hear me? Only you. Only yours. Forever.” 12 likes