Start by marking “The Pirate (Ladies and Legends, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Pirate (Ladies and Legends, #1)

The Pirate (Ladies and Legends #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  791 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Katherine Inskip's life is at a standstill: she is completely overworked, stressed-out and indifferent to love--not a great situation for a romance writer to find herself in. She desperately needs some R&R. A South Seas vacation--complete with sun and surf--sounds perfect. But relaxation is the last thing on the mind of the dashing owner of the island resort, and desce...more
Published May 6th 1998 by Mira Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate

Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Pirate Lord by Sabrina JeffriesThe Windflower by Laura LondonRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Hawk by Monica McCarty
Pirate/Swashbucking Romance
45th out of 134 books — 177 voters
Saving Grace by Julie GarwoodRunning Wild by Linda HowardThe Wedding Night by Jayne Ann KrentzNight Moves  by Linda HowardA Woman's Touch by Jayne Ann Krentz
If You Like.....Nora Roberts
94th out of 104 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Aurian Booklover
Historical romance author Katherine Inskip has just returned from a book promotion tour, and is exhausted. She has been working non stop for two years now, and so her two best friends intervene. They have booked a tropical vacation for her, a month in a nice resort on a tropical island. And so Kate has no choice but to, as they practically put her on the plane themselves.
What Kate does not expect is to find the hero of her last pirate book come alive, and sweeping her of her feet.
Jared Hawthor...more
Connie
Such a great love story about an over worked, over stressed romance writer and an amazing, dashing resort owning man. Who just happens to be the spitting image of the hero in all the novels. Great love story, ok adventure to keep you guessing.
Diane ~Firefly~
It's like hanging out with an old friend. I love the interactions between Kate and Jared as well as between Kate and Dave. Fun story with a prickly heroine and a stubborn hero.
Anna Erishkigal
An exciting, rich, handsome hero who's the great-grandson of a pirate. Tropical island. Crumbling castle. Mystery. So why only two stars? The heroine, although feisty, was just so MEAN to everybody. This was the biggest 'Mary Sue' heroine I've read since my 9-year-old's third-grade writing assignment. The way they got together was just ... okay ... lets get together. There was no rhyme or reason for it. The hero was okay ... I think I would have liked him more if he hadn't let himself be such a...more
Sarah Eiseman
I picked this book up by Jayne Ann Krentz the other day because it had one of my favorite words in the title-–pirate. I don’t think you can go wrong when you write about pirates and after finishing this book, I can say without hesitation that I was right. Krentz is definitely an author to check out if you need witty, entertaining characters. I literally laughed out loud during some of the scenes in this book.

I haven’t read her works before, but everyone is always telling me to check her out, so...more
Maria
Even having read this book at least ten times, I cannot help but smile and laugh through the first 50 pages or so. There are some truly funny scenes in here. About a stressed out author whose two best friends (also authors) force her to take a vacation at a beautiful island resort, it is the first in a series of three books. The next two are about the two best friends and how each of them finds a man that reminds her of the heroes in her own books. The characters are, as usual for JAK, well-draw...more
Shirl
I love pirate stories, even modern day ones. Along with a beautiful island in the middle of the ocean. What more can a girl want?
Stacie  M. Ritchie
I want to start this review stating that this is the first book I have given one star to that I have actually finished. Normally the books I can’t finish are the ones rated one star. This book started out mediocre and got progressively worse as it continued. It was very generic in the romantic sense and there was very little conflict in the book in total. Making the characters more complex or incorporating the history story alluded to in the book are two ways this book could have been made bette...more
Brianna
it was okay. it was more of "a man tells the woman what do and he accepts it to go his way or no way" type of book and i personally hate that type. but it was a good story and interesting character to accompany it.
Pat Cromwell
Fun read. Like watching the movie Shrek. Didn't expect it to be so good and it amazes me that it was. I don;t general go for books with this type of theme. I still wonder how I could have liked it.
Cathy
I really like Jayne Ann Krentz, but this wasn't one of my favorites. I think this is an early book of hers as ones that have been written recently have more depth and intrigue.
Andrea Jackson
Even though I usually love JAK, this book did nothing for me. Predictable, flat characters, boring.
Amelia
Would be a 5 star book for enjoyment...but a 1 star for quality.
Angela James
I'm a fan, but this isn't one of her better older books.
Mara Maia
Primeiro livro que li desta senhora e adorei :)
Lynne
Total escapism in the south seas.
Cws
Sep 11, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Kre
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: The Pirate (1990) Book 1 4 4 Apr 16, 2013 09:55PM
  • Fabulous Beast
  • The Fatal Fortune (Guinevere Jones, #4)
  • Affair

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant...more
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...
Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) All Night Long Smoke in Mirrors Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3)