Start by marking “A Coral Kiss” as Want to Read:
A Coral Kiss

A Coral Kiss

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  1,206 ratings  ·  31 reviews
With twenty-two New York Times bestsellers and millions of readers, Jayne Ann Krentz is one of the most popular romance superstars of our time. Now treat yourself to her deft and incomparable brand of riveting and sexy suspense in her classic tale of a woman, a man, and destiny's many unexpected twists.

Successful author Amy Slater had a life in need of mending. And Jed Gla
Published June 1st 1992 by Grand Central Publishing (first published April 1987)

To ask other readers questions about A Coral Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Coral Kiss

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa KleypasA Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLeanSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasThe Duke Is Mine by Eloisa JamesUndone by Lila DiPasqua
Best Historical Romance Covers
331st out of 399 books — 219 voters
Lord of the Flies by William GoldingTreasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasIsland of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
Books Set on Islands
312th out of 407 books — 134 voters

More lists with this book...

Olga Godim
Before this book, I didn’t like Krentz’s male protagonists. They were too mucho and didn’t pay any attention to what their women wanted. This book started a new and excellent wave of her romance fiction, the wave that lasted almost 20 years, from 1987 (the year of this novel’s publication) until about 2005. The author is at the top of her craft: clean language, fast and furious plot, a charming female protagonist, and a brooding, ‘wounded hero’ male lead. In addition to his other qualities – str ...more
Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
First published: 1987
Length: 377pages, 5571 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary, an island off Hawaii.
Sex: Explicit. Reasonably frequent.
Hero: Injured govt. agent.
Heroine: SF author.
Includes: excerpt from Shield's Lady.

Surprisingly enjoyable early Krentz fare with a clever mystery and nicely developed characters. Interesting setting and believable HEA.

Author's website:

(ISBN ...)

This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
charmaine White
A Joy

Never ending suspense from beginning to end.Has you holding your breath wondering what is going to happen next.A really good read.
Lorraine Ward
I loved this book. Exciting with good lovin'. Hated to put it down
suspense, romance... this book has it all!
Jane Stewart
Readable, but not recommended. Nothing surprised, delighted me or held my interest.

I bought this book after reading All Night Long, hoping for something similar. The two books are very different. All Night Long was published in 2005 and had me laughing out loud many times due to wonderfully creative dialogue. A Coral Kiss was published 18 years earlier in 1987. The dialogue was ordinary. There was nothing witty or fun about it. The plot was ok, kind of predictable, nothing special. The hero was
This older book was a good read. It had Krentz's trademark perky and strong-willed yet naive heroine and a precursor to the Hunters of the Arcane series. I enjoyed it because it also provided some variety in what has become a standard process whereby a dead body is found, there is a breaking and entering scene (usually with another dead body), and then the heroine being caught by the villain who was only recently revealed.

This book has a hero and heroine who are haunted by events in the past, a
A rather interesting story line; one that kept me turning the pages. Learned something about scuba diving. Could have done with a lot fewer descriptions of their sex life but it's easy to flick through those pages until the story begins again. :-) For some reason, I believe most of Krentz's plots will follow this pattern so likely won't try another for awhile.
Janette Brown

For months Amy Slater had been pushing Jed the same time her heart demanded she pull him close. She knew so little about him, except that his laughter came as easily as the dark silences which masked his handsome face with suppressed fury and unspoken pain. And Amy had reason not to trust any man since the scuba-diving incident in the South Pacific left her a woman haunted by a harrowing mys
This dreadful little book is a good example of 1980's-style formulaic contemporary romances, and that's not a good thing. The basic plot was workable, but this early JAK novel lacks the snap and polish of her later books. I finished the book, but it was a chore (made somewhat more bearable by copious amounts of skimming as the book wore on). Many highly successful authors have earlier works that should be allowed to fade into obscurity. This is one of them.
Normal Jayne Ann Krentz novel. Didn't mind it but won't read again. Cute but not my tastes
Diane ~Firefly~
JAK is my favorite author and I love re-reading her books - it is like being snuggled on the couch in a comfy blanket on a cold, rainy day.

Amy has a secret that has caused her insomnia. Jed wants to take their relationship beyond friendship. When they go back to the island Amy's parents live on they find the secret is causing more trouble and they will need their wits to survive.

Jed is a bit too commanding and Amy lets him get away with too much while being a bit flighty herself which is why th
an older JAK. skipped the middle. nice enough story. bit boring.
Being a scuba diver myself, I like the diving descriptions, although I have never and don't plan to ever cave-dive. Although I re-read this book faithfully along with the rest of her books, I find it a bit slower than most of Ms. Krentz's books. I'm not sure why. There is plenty of action, the characters are good, and the dialogue reasonable. Nevertheless I seem to plod through this one when I re-read it, possibly because there are more sex scenes than is her norm, most of which I skip.
Read this when in first came out in 1987 and I go back and re-read it every couple of years. It hasn't lost its punch. Typical Krentz: feisty heroine, great hero, mystery, romance, and this time an exotic locale. I've read all of this author's books (under all her names: Krentz, Castle, James, Glass, Taylor and Quick) and this is one of my favorites.
At last I finished it! I found it boring and too, too long, It would be ok in a novella, but a book of more than 300 pages it was repetitive, at least for me.
I like this author in Sci-Fi or paranormal, but definitly I will not read any more of her contemponary novels.
Feb 26, 2012 Hannah marked it as did-not-finish
Very boring. Tedious plot, cardboard characters, and no tension, sexual or otherwise. I skimmed the first 170 pages or so, then finally had to admit to myself that it wasn't going to get any more interesting. I don't plan to pick this one up again.
Some suspension disbelief is a must but what I don't get is (view spoiler) This really bugged me for some reason.
Amy, recovering from her last boyfriend's death, meets Jed, mysterious agent and sometime friend, and they go to her parents' island to solve mysteries and such. Just a completely fine, slightly meh romance.
Colleen Thomas
Read it many years ago and enjoyed it. I loved the friendship that turned into love. It was sweet (not a phrase I use often). It was light entertaining, and contained likeable characters.
Jocelyn No
This novel is nicely paced and the characters are well drawn, but I never entirely bought it that the male protagonist was attracted to the female protagonist, personality-wise.
Judy Goodnight
One of JAK's first efforts after moving out of the category romances. A little dated now but still satisfying.
Maggie Shanley
Okay story of a long ago betrayal, emeralds and 1980 style murder.
Dec 17, 2008 Debbie added it
This book is a reprint - mine has a different cover.
Interesting in a vague sort of way ... a lot boring ...
Nov 25, 2008 Sherry rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romantic suspense
I really enjoyed Coral Kiss by Jayne Ann Krentz.
Romance Fluff, but I enjoyed it :)
Another good one from Jayne.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: A Coral Kiss (1987) 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 12:28PM
  • Whirlwind Courtship + High Energy
  • A Man's Protection (Candlelight Ecstasy, #36)
  • Raven's Prey
  • Don't Look Back (Lake/March, # 2)
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...