Start by marking “Hers (The Bears, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hers (The Bears, #3)

Hers (The Bears #3)

The Bears, 3

Sammy has sworn off men—after all, her now ex-boyfriend Greg tried to kill her. So she's vowed never to become involved with one again. But how about two?

Brock and Slater are both keen to help Sammy mend her heart and change her mind. As shifters, they know instinctively that Sammy is their mate for life. Still, if Sammy is going to risk loving again, she's goi
Published October 18th 2013 by Evernight Publishing (first published October 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hers

Fate Knows Best by Alanea AlderFated Forgiveness by Alanea AlderFated Surrender by Alanea AlderFated Healing by Alanea AlderFated Redemption by Alanea Alder
Good Shifter Romance
57th out of 380 books — 85 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsThe Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley ColeFate Knows Best by Alanea AlderBear Necessities by Dana Marie Bell
Best True Mates books
68th out of 97 books — 66 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
After being abused by her ex lands her in the hospital once again, Sammy's friend comes to the rescue landing him in jail. Sammy is slowly healing, but in her wildest dreams did she expect to find she has two mates Brock and Slater. With her past turning out so horribly, Sammy doesn't want to jump into another relationship and she is slowly finding herself again.

Brock and Slater would wait forever though, these bear shifters know they can't force the mating despite the urge to claim riding them
Samantha Woods
Feb 07, 2014 Samantha Woods rated it it was amazing
Sammy was in an abusive relationship and her ex tried to kill her. So she has sworn off men. But when she is in the hospital she meets Slater and Brock. They both start fighting as they both recognize her as their true mate. She does not want any of it. When she gets out of the hospital they both start coming around slowly to get her used to them. She starts to come around. She finally admits what they are to her but she has a lot of rules to their budding relationship.

Brock and Slater have been
Nancy
Oct 20, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
Sammy is a recovering domestic violence victim who decides to finally give the patient and persistent bear shifters Brock and Slater a chance to date her and make her their permanent mate.
Her self confidence and trust has been shaken but she is beginning to have a return of her old strength. Brock and Slater are doing their best but occasionally one or the other messes up and ends up having to apologise and convince Sammy to give them another chance.
Brock is a police officer still helping the
Jen
Oct 25, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
It seems that the books in "The Bears" series improve with each installment, which is definitely a good thing. "Hers", the third book in the series, has more depth in terms of both story and character development. While it still has a woman, Sammy, and two from the Bear clan of shape-shifters, cousins Brock and Slater, the back stories of each of the characters enables the reader to empathize with them, wanting to learn more. The journey their relationship took wasn't an easy one and I like the ...more
Patsy
Feb 14, 2014 Patsy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
So this book is my favorite of the series. I read some of the other reviews that said Sammy was a whiny child and they didn't like the book because of her. Sammy came from a long term abusive relationship with a cop and when she reported him to his superiors they were no help and basically terrorized her as well. His whole precinct terrorized her. I fully understand how hard it would to trust any man after an abusive relationship, let alone one where people who were supposed to help and protect ...more
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )

Brock and Slater have been
Charlene
Aug 09, 2014 Charlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, romance-shifter
Hers, the third in Hazel Gower's "The Bears" novels, has what it takes to make me read a series. It can be read alone and doesn't leave the same characters in a cliffhanger to be continued in the next book! It's a complete story about a BBW and the shifters who love her packed with fast-paced action, filled with steamy (yet tender) passion, and sprinkled with humor.

That being said-you'll kick yourself if you don't read Theirs first and then Ours. The female characters are BFFs and connect the st
April
I was eagerly awaiting this book, teased and tempted by it in the previous book. I was dying for Sammy's story!

This did not disappoint, really great and detailed story that had great pacing. I was totally into it from beginning until end.

It was terrific to see her growth and all strength to overcome her past relationship. She had several ups and downs but that is part of the process. Sammy is a fantastic character, you could really see the spunky girl she had been before her abusive boyfriend. I
Elisa Bookaholic
This is a well written menage where both of the men are written as very different characters and aren't easily confused as some menage men are in other books. I really enjoyed reading it although it is definitely darker than the first in the series. Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure I've read the second one as this book makes some references to it that I couldn't remember even though I thought I had read it. I don't really like reading a series out of order but I seem to have ...more
Rhonda
Oct 20, 2013 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Once again a wonderful book full of red hot loving and an exciting threesome. This book also had tenderness and deeply emotional interaction between all the parties involved in the romantic relationship. Ms. Gower keeps getting better with each book she puts out. I encourage everyone who likes this genre to buy and read this book.
Raina
Jan 21, 2014 Raina rated it really liked it
Shelves: were-bear
Story line felt more in depth than the last.. but needs a better editor. Story was good.. but there is the occasional word slip.. whether one is missing, wrong gender (some absolutely impossible sexual positions) or using a word that looks similar but is so not the right one.
Rochelle
Nov 17, 2013 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Lauren
Nov 01, 2013 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, erotica
Pretty good. I still like Ours best, Sammy was a bit annoying by the end but I loved Brock & Slater
Grace
Oct 26, 2016 Grace rated it liked it
A quick light mature paranormal (weres) read. The whole series was enjoyable, even if it got a bit predictable. The characters were pretty well written, but I was dying by book 3 with how many character the author named "Richard" (there's one in each book! For the character count in each book, I wouldn't expect to run into the same name three times for different characters).
Lauren Joanna hind
Sep 07, 2016 Lauren Joanna hind rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter
Hers is book three in the bear’s series, and is Sammy, Slater and Brock’s story.
I love this book, but I will admit that Slater is my FAVOURITE! The scene where he turned into a bear in the alley way and he got all cuddly with Sammy was SO CUTE! I WANT MORE FROM THIS SERIES! I NEED GWEN’S STORY. AND AS FOR EVIL ADELE IN THIS BOOK. I PERSONALLY WOULDN’T HAVE SAVED HER. SORRY NOT SORRY. (CAPS because I was ranting slightly)

After escaping an abusive relationship, Sammy is scared to trust another m
Brea Ann
Apr 20, 2014 Brea Ann rated it really liked it
Let me say this first, I did love this story/series. I have read a few of Hazel Gower's books before and really enjoyed them. That being said, I want to give my honest opinion on this book/series. Having just finished reading "Hers," the third book in the Bears Series, I was disappointed. These books could have been so much better with better editing. It is hard to keep the characters straight when even the writer can't keep it straight. Words were missing from sentences and you had to reread ...more
Christine Waters
Nov 13, 2015 Christine Waters rated it it was amazing
The story is a ménage with 2 bear cousins and their mate. The woman in the story really has a past to overcome and trust the guys. I really enjoyed reading this book. Hazel Gower is a wonderful writer and keeps her readers entertained throughout the story. I cannot wait until the next story in this series comes out.
Puna
Nov 02, 2013 Puna rated it did not like it
Sammy was a whiny child and the guys were only occasionally likable. (I liked that they waiting rather than mating the h @ first meeting.) Series books should build on each other, having the stories get better with each one, that didn't happen this with series. First got 3 stars, the second 2 & this one 1, not a good way to get book 4 any readers.
Jessica Hale
Jan 26, 2016 Jessica Hale rated it really liked it
Another great read in this series and was interesting how somethings played out in the book between characters. Was also a emotional read that pulls you in, was glad to see these characters get there book.
mary beth bourgeois
mary beth bourgeois rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Kimberline
Kimberline rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Kaselidou Efstratia
Kaselidou Efstratia rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Bianca
Bianca rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Readsalot
Readsalot rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Summer Carpenter
Summer Carpenter rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Sali
Sali rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Eleami
Eleami rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
  • His Mating Mark (Wolff Pack #1)
  • Fighting Dirty for His Girl (Wylde Bears, #3)
  • Wild Love (Werewolves of Forever, Texas #1)
  • Suddenly Wolf (Suddenly Wolf, #1)
  • Her Double Deputies (The Sinful 7 of Delite, Texas, #6)
  • Gabriella (Alpha Marked, #2)
  • Awakening Veronica (Divine Creek Ranch, #17)
  • Healing Their Mate
  • Jessica’s Wolves (Wolf Masters, #3)
I’m a mother of four terrors from between the ages of four and Nine.
I started writing down my story ideas in high school, and never really stopped. Writing, I have to say, is my salvation. After I've gotten all the kids in bed and have cleaned up, I sit at my computer or sometimes a notebook with a pencil, and relax, write, and escape.
I am a member romance writers of Australia, romance novel ce
More about Hazel Gower...

The Bears (3 books)