Start by marking “Meeting God at Every Turn” as Want to Read:
Meeting God at Every Turn

Meeting God at Every Turn

Is there a God who cares about me? Will he show me the right thing to do? Will he forgive and heal me? In Meeting God at Every Turn, Catherine Marshall gives readers a resounding Yes! to these questions and more as she describes how she met God at the confusing, troubled, and scary points in her life. The twelve turnings that Marshall describes are the type of events that ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Chosen Books (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Meeting God at Every Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting God at Every Turn

Amanda Cain
Apr 08, 2014 Amanda Cain rated it it was amazing
I checked out a stack of books from the local library by Catherine Marshall, and the first one I read was Meeting God at Every Turn. By the time I completed the book, I was absolutely in love with Catherine Marshall’s writing, and I am convinced she is Kindred Spirit!

Overall, I found Meeting God at Every Turn to be a wonderful book, full of moments that will make you laugh or cry, but most of all, filled with encouragement that you are not alone. No matter how dark or tragic your life may seem i
Georgia Herod
Apr 01, 2013 Georgia Herod rated it it was amazing
Catherine Marshall first came to my attention when I was in junior high school and saw the movie, A Man Called Peter, the story of Peter Marshall, a Scots-American preacher who pastored New York Avenue Presbyterian Church in Washington, DC, and also served as chaplain of the US Senate. Marshall died at a young age, but had such wide significance, that Catherine determined that his life had merit for others. Thus the story of Peter's life, including his ministry and marriage.

Years later, I began
Emily
Jan 19, 2009 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An in-depth look at the life experiences many of us encounter. The reliance on God, mixed with frustrations and rebellion remind us that no one is perfect, but God continues to love us every step of the way. Catherine Marshall does not attempt to make her life journey appear to be perfect or easy, but shares her experience with all its joys and disappointments.

Quotes:
I often wondered why the writer of Genesis brought in this specific detail. Mary Elizabeth showed me why. God loves all of His cr
Bianca
Sep 20, 2016 Bianca rated it it was amazing
Very different than I expected (for some reason), but very inspiring in a way that will make you think about how you live your life and how you want to improve it. Especially in regards to relationships, especially yours with God.
Diane Lapierre
Oct 15, 2014 Diane Lapierre rated it really liked it
Very inspiring. I liked how she searched out the truth and waited for God to answer. The story is dated, has some history with the positive thinking movement but it is clear she was walking by the Holy Spirit.
David
Jul 05, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Loved it...love everything she has written. Going back and reading them again now...20 years later.
Danielle
Mar 12, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. So many of her thoughts about Christian life matched mine. I'm just not as eloquent.
Kara Fitzgerald
Kara Fitzgerald rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Michelle Weeks
Michelle Weeks rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2009
Pam Smith
Pam Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Carolyn Cooke wade
Carolyn Cooke wade rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Marg
Marg rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2010
zhangyinyan
zhangyinyan rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Minamimuki
Minamimuki rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2011
Ken Claassen
Ken Claassen rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Renee Rutherfurd
Renee Rutherfurd rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Ariel
Ariel rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2008
mary catherine
mary catherine rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2010
Christina Torres
Christina Torres rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2014
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Cathy Cathy
Cathy Cathy rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Vera
Vera rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Lisa Stebbins temple
Lisa Stebbins temple rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Life Sentence
  • Green Leaf In Drought
  • C. T. Studd, Cricketer and Pioneer
  • The God I Love: A Lifetime of Walking with Jesus
  • A Path Through Suffering: Discovering the Relationship Between God's Mercy and Our Pain
  • Eric Liddell: Pure Gold : A New Biography of the Olympic Champion Who Inspired Chariots of Fire
  • Corrie Ten Boom's Prison Letters
  • Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God
  • If I Perish
  • Splashes Of Joy In The Cesspools Of Life
  • Seeing Beauty and Saying Beautifully: The Power of Poetic Effort in the Work of George Herbert, George Whitefield, and C. S. Lewis (The Swans Are Not Silent #6)
  • The Persecutor
  • The Friendships of Women
  • 50 People Every Christian Should Know: Learning from Spiritual Giants of the Faith
  • Mountain Rain: A Biography of James O. Fraser: Pioneer Missionary to China
  • The Pastor's Wife
  • The Loveliness Of Christ
  • The Song
Marshall was born in Johnson City, Tennessee.[1][2] She was the daughter of the Reverend John Ambrose Wood and Leonora Whitaker Wood.[1] From the age of nine until her graduation from high school, Marshall was raised in Keyser, West Virginia,[1] where her father served as pastor of a Presbyterian church from 1924 to 1942.[1]

While a junior at Agnes Scott College, she met Peter Marshall, marrying hi
More about Catherine Marshall...