Start by marking “Torn Blood” as Want to Read:

Torn Blood

Three weeks before officially reporting for duty at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, Addison Deverell arrives in Israel determined to find an answer to a question buried for nearly four thousand years.

Bound to an escort by the embassy, he is unable to begin his search as time is running out. Mere days before he must report for duty, Addison is freed from his forced escort, H
Published October 21st 2013 by Bo Iti Press

To ask other readers questions about Torn Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn Blood

JoJo Sutis
Oct 28, 2013 JoJo Sutis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it-2013
I typically do not read books like this, but in keeping to my resolution to get out of my comfort zone and read books from different genres this year… I picked up a copy of Torn Blood.
This book is fast-past and suspenseful!
It is a book about choices and the consequences of those choices.
At times it was a little difficult for me to keep up with the many characters throughout the book, but overall it was a very very interesting, exciting, page-turner!

*****I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to fans
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I liked parts of it.

Bain does a brilliant job of giving his characters totally different voices, attitudes, and personalities. No two characters sound alike. That’s really hard to do. And I don’t think I’ve seen an author do it better than he does.

Some of the characters use foreign words to go with the setting. They are highlighted so you can tap on them and have the word defined from a glossary. Usually, I complain about anything that takes me out of the flow of the story
Norm Goldman
May 25, 2014 Norm Goldman rated it really liked it
Author: David J. Bain

Publisher: Boiti Press

ISBN: 978-0-9881710-0-8

To rapidly hook his readers and provide an up front story question, David J. Bain in his debut novel, Torn Blood quickly outlines in the Prologue a background that will give us reason enough to keep turning the pages to find out the answer.

Straight off, readers are taken into North Kazakhstan and the Stepnogorsk Scientific and Technical Institute for Microbiology where a presentation is taking place concerning a variation of anthr
Grady
Apr 04, 2014 Grady rated it it was amazing
Scholarly, challenging, immensely important Insights: A novel of importance

Oregon screenwriter turned author David J. Bain has written a book that could not be more timely. TORN BLOOD is an immensely fine adventure novel by anyone's definition - an intensely researched work that indicates a commitment on the part of Bain to open windows into the longstanding conflict between Israel and Palestine, between Arabs and Jews, and most particularly the Jewish rights to Israel and the historically impo
Mark
Oct 16, 2013 Mark rated it it was amazing
This book is longer than the average Christian fiction book, coming in at 569 pages, but it was a thrilling and fascinating read. The book is set in Israel for the most part, and the author does a great job of making the reader feel as if they were there with his descriptive writing style.

At the center of the story is the Jew-Muslim conflict, especially the Jew-Palestinian fighting, and I learned a lot by reading this book. The author brings out the a lot of history and gives a lot of informat
Jul 28, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Torn Blood by David J. Bain, is a novel about the Palestinians trying to annihilate Israel. It’s been this way from the Biblical times when God gave Israel a portion of land as an inheritance to Israel. It’s still going on today, as we witness Hamas bombing Israel for days on end since early July, 2014.

Mr. Bain, in his novel, will show why Israelis are the true claimants of the land of Israel. (Excerpt from the book: “Ishmael’s spiritual descendants cover our tiny land. Their great wealth, their
Jonathan Esterman
Jan 11, 2015 Jonathan Esterman rated it really liked it
Bain, the author of this book, is well-known for his work with Time Changer, and presents his investigative efforts of the Jewish state in the form of a fictional thriller called Torn Blood.

This book, while being an entire work of fiction, is based off seven years of research into possibilities, as well as radical extremists. Bain warns in his prologue that while the majority of Muslims are peace-loving, the 1% that are not estimate to be 1,000,000 strong and filled with pure anger. Bain, as par
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By David J. Bain

A highly classified vaccine. A university professor. A long rumored biological weapon. A Russian stalker. An outbreak of measles. A land in turmoil. An unopened letter. Two men seeking work. A man seeking to understand an eternal struggle.

Addison Deverell has a personal mission in Israel before beginning his official duties at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv. He wants to understand the root cause of the Israel/Palestinian conflict. But he may get more than he had planned w
Melissa
Dec 31, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it

This book is not the warm and cozy romances I often read. But I really don’t put myself into a category as a reader. I read a lot of different genres and enjoy them. So I thought I would enjoy this book as well.

I am going to be honest, this book wasn’t for me. I really struggled to get through the first fifty pages. It was very wordy and scientific sounding, which it was supposed to be due to the nature of the book.

Many characters are introduced in the first quarter of the book, which had me scr
Emory Daniels
Jun 17, 2014 Emory Daniels rated it it was amazing
Novel Takes Readers Into Terrorist World In Mideast

“Torn Blood” by David J. Bain is an adventure novel that centers on the battle between Palestinian Arabs and Israeli Jews over Jerusalem. Bain’s novel provides an excellent history of the dispute -- from Biblical times leading up to the present.

The story is about a terrorist group determined to destroy every Jew in Jerusalem. In a complex plan calling for skill and daring it relies on advanced off the shelf technology. The story grips the reader
Rosie
Nov 21, 2013 Rosie rated it it was ok
A thrilling debut from Bain, but not a favorite.

Bain expertly writes a suspenseful story, set primarily in Israel, reminding me of Joel Rosenburg's books. His writing voice clearly comes through and his characters are well formed. That all being said, I honestly had a really hard time getting into the book. There are so many characters to keep up with and many plot threads to follow that I put the book down multiple times.

I congratulate Bain for eventually drawing all the threads together and te
M Mancuso
Jan 18, 2014 M Mancuso rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful, intriguing, adventure packed book for this first time fictional author. David Bain does a great job describing his characters where as the reader is immediately one with them and their futures. I found it easy to immerse myself into these various characters throughout the entirety of the book. I had times where I had to put the book down, due to other life priorities, and picked it back up with ease. Once again I found myself immediately wrapped up in the action.

This is def
Susan F
Oct 25, 2013 Susan F rated it it was amazing
I'll be reviewing this at The Christian Manifesto first.
Dave
Dave rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Terri Gillespie
Terri Gillespie marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Robert Cojocaru
Robert Cojocaru marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014