Start by marking “Wicked (Warlock's Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (Warlock's Moon, #1)

Wicked (Warlock's Moon #1)

Alternate cover edition of: ASIN B009VPG0YU

Women are disappearing, and NYC police investigator Laurie Cole is sure Alex Volman knows something about it. Unfortunately, he's not talking -- that's part of the territory when your family tree is loaded with magic and warlocks.

But when Alex learns that the perpetrator has something even worse up his sleeve, he can't stay silent
Published October 2013 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked

Jeannie Christo
I liked the book! It was well written and I am glad I decided to pick it up. It is definitely a first in a series book. By that I mean that it gives a lot of details into the characters lives and the direction they are heading. I do wish there was more actual story to explain some of those details. I also thought the ending could have been different. I wont say better because the ending did tease me enough to want to look into the second book. We will see what happens from there.
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
this one was about 40-50 pages. It was interesting, but short.

Wicked Night began with an officer asking a private investigator for help on what appeared to be serial kidnappings. Going through official channels limits police officers, but private investigators are able to skirt the edge of appropriate legal behavior with fewer constraints. Therefore, PI Laurie Cole agreed to her friend Emily’s request to serve as a police consultant on the investigation of the three kidnapped women. Laurie lear
Karma♥Bites ^.~
I wasn't sure how I would rate this story because while I didn't hate it, I couldn't generate much enthusiasm for it. The only reason why I decided on 2 stars is because the writing was pretty good (although there were odd paragraph structures at times) and the content well-edited. And the cover is wonderfully done.

The problem, I think, is that the skeleton of a story was there but not enough flesh to bring it and the characters to life. There was nominal character development and certain things
Ollie
Reading the blurb about this story peeked my interest and I was excited to read what the author had in store for the characters. Despite it having a great plot line and a warlock who seemed very delicious (who wouldn't love a man who is tall, dark, handsome, successful and through in a little mystery) the story seemed to move quickly without developing the depth that I needed to satisfy me. I kept coming back to the story hoping that I would learn more or that more details would be developed, ...more
Erica
May 09, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If this story was longer, it would've been ten times better. The storyline was interesting and the writing was good. I just wish there was more development of the characters.

Consultant to the police, Laurie pays a visit the famous master illusionist Alex Volman. There are a few women missing, left at the site of each disappearance is a prop that Alex had used in some of his illusionist. She knows he's not responsible for the missing women, but he knows something.

Warlock Alex Volman instantly fe
Jan 06, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book,couldn't put it down until I finished reading it. I could not wait to see how the book ended. However, I wish it was longer. I loved the characters and wish the book was longer so that we could explore the characters more. I love the supernatural story line, and the author Diana Bocco is a wonderful writer, can't wait to read more books by this author. Hopefully, she will write a part two to this book and it will be much longer. Hopefully with the same characters so that we can ...more
Daydream Books
This book is full of hot and steamy undertones as soon as Laurie sets eyes on Alex despite her suspicions that he is withholding a dark secret. When he finally reveals it to her Laurie allows herself to trust her instincts and stick with him despite the dangers to her life that may bring. All in all a well rounded start to the warlock's moon storyline. Look forward to book two.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this r
Twigs1704
Although the storyline was not bad, I did not connect with any character in the book. I think to me, the plot was too complicated for a novella. I didn't care for the characters or the way they interacted with each other. I think if it could of been longer and had more put into it, it would've been a very interesting read.
Jasmyn
The idea around Wicked Nights is great. An evil warlock out to get all sorts of power and a good warlock out to save the day, and stuck in the middle is an innocent human...it just needed another fifty pages spread out here and there. Things moved way too fast for me in this one. As a novella it can be difficult to give enough development to keep things "real" for me, but I have read ones that I really enjoyed. This one didn't quite cut it for me in that department. I just kept thinking that no ...more
Shar
Apr 26, 2014 Shar rated it really liked it
This is a short read. I expected it to be boring since I got it for free on an epub dump but as soon as i kept reading, it was actually interesting and now its left me wanting more.
Zarah
Jan 07, 2016 Zarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-lendable
2.5
Erotic fluff; two people meet, instant attraction, excuse to have lots of sex. Eh. It is what is is, but it's nothing special.
Mikayla Wolf
Mikayla Wolf rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Amanda Pryor
Amanda Pryor rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2013
Kim Jimerson
Kim Jimerson rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Jessie
Jessie rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Rebekah Wiggins
Rebekah Wiggins rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2013
Diane Lynch
Diane Lynch rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Leslie ( Cerridwen)
Leslie ( Cerridwen) rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
May 24, 2015
Diana Bocco
Sep 07, 2013 Diana Bocco rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Sara V
Sara V rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Jahidul Islam
Jahidul Islam rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2013
Amy Clark
Amy Clark rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015