Start by marking “A Shared Dream (Dreams #1-2)” as Want to Read:
A Shared Dream (Dreams #1-2)

A Shared Dream (Dreams #1 - 2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  462 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The warrior died at her feet, his blood running out of the cave entrance and mingling with the waterfall. With his last breath he cursed the woman -- told her that her spirit would remain chained in the cave forever until a child was created and born there . . .

So goes the ancient legend of the Chained Lady and the curse that bound her throughout the ages -- until destin

Published July 1st 2001 by Mira Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about A Shared Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shared Dream

The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsWallbanger by Alice ClaytonAnyone But You by Jennifer CrusieKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favourite Romances with Pets
157th out of 212 books — 84 voters
The Pride of Jared MacKade by Nora RobertsThree Fates by Nora RobertsLuring A Lady by Nora RobertsThe Stanislaskis by Nora RobertsThe Fall of Shane MacKade by Nora Roberts
MRM Contemporary Romance Novels
72nd out of 101 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Alicja
May 15, 2016 Alicja rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
It is a story about mature people. FWith the past, with the already broken dreams , children, more realistic expectations . This is a story about equal treatment of women, both in legend and in life. Colby is a mature man , who had to quickly grow up, to deal with being a single father . His past bothering him. Diana is hidden behind a wall of independence , single living . They both need each other , they are meant for each other . Independently and each other they learn being together . Diana ...more
Ashley♥Alexis
Oct 02, 2010 Ashley♥Alexis rated it liked it
Shelves: genre-m-f
This was a nice combination of contemporary romance and super natural. loved it.
Mcfree
May 03, 2014 Mcfree rated it did not like it
1988. Boy, was this a book set in its published date time. The stereo-typical characters wore me out. I finished it only because I am compulsive and can't leave things unfinished. I was ready to bash Savagar over the head. He was a jerk.

I think Krentz lost track of her story as she went along. The whole Native Americans or whoever Diana and Colby were supposed to be reincarnating got lost as the book went on, which made the ending just as weak and useless and expected as the beginning.

Don't bo
Maria
Apr 06, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing
I believe the two parts were originally published as two books in 1988. I am glad I bought them together in A Shared Dream published in 2001. Both parts are wonderful, but it is better to read them together. Once again, the characters, Diana Prentice and Colby Savagar, are interesting characters who grip you right away. I rarely dislike a JAK main character. They are so believable. I had a little trouble with the dream and legend themes, mainly because I'm not much into the paranormal, but Ms. K ...more
Alice
Mar 19, 2013 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dreams Part 1 & 2 is an interesting ebook; it was originally published as two separate books as Harlequin Temptations book #229 (Dreams Part 1) and #230 (Dreams Part 2), both published in 1988. It works well as one single book; I imagine it was rather awkward as two, since it's so obviously a continuation. There's a bit of recap at the beginning of part 2, but I can't imagine that a reader would have been able to pick up part 2 and read it on its own without reading part 1.

Dreams is an inter
Debbie Katauskas
Its great.

Jayne Anne Krentz you have done it again. A 5 star book, all of her books I would rate that way. it's good for everyone who likes mystery and romance and humor in their books. l loved it.

Tina Wolf
Oct 15, 2014 Tina Wolf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

loved the dog
loved the oldest son
love the husband to be
but best of all loved! Loved the pregnant woman
Linda Bates
Aug 19, 2016 Linda Bates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LB

It is great to read an earlier work by one of your favorite authors. What I like most about Jayne's books is the tight story lines and uniqueness of her characters. I enjoyed the story and the characters very much. I might read it again.
rivka
Quite enjoyable. Even surprisingly so, for a romance novel from the late 80s, with only a touch of the over-the-top machismo that so characterizes romances of that era.

And also just a touch of paranormal woo-woo. Which is how I like it best -- just a smidge.
Terry Maupin
Aug 11, 2012 Terry Maupin rated it it was ok
Ugh. Usually love Krentz, but not this one.
Cws
Sep 11, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Kre
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Mojca
Mojca marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
S. Niehart
S. Niehart marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Knza Eman
Knza Eman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Lisa Anne
Lisa Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Linda Check
Linda Check rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Nancy Harvey
Nancy Harvey rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Debra J Peterson
Debra J Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Zaanodes
Zaanodes marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Magdalene Weber
Magdalene Weber rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Corrine Krauss
Corrine Krauss rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2016
Melissa Jane
Melissa Jane rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Melinda Curtis
Melinda Curtis rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
  • Affair of Honor
  • The Sinister Touch (Guinevere Jones, #3)
  • I Thee Wed (Vanza, #2)
  • Whirlwind Courtship + High Energy
  • Ride a Dark Horse
  • Tillie, a Mennonite Maid; a Story of the Pennsylvania Dutch
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...

Dreams (2 books)
  • Dreams: Part One (Dreams #1)
  • Dreams: Part Two (Dreams #2)