A Woman's Touch

A Woman's Touch

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When Rebecca inherits the land her boss, Kyle Stockbridge, considers his--land that is the object of a centuries-old feud--she absolutely refuses to sell out. Especially after Kyle almost has her believing he loves her. Rebecca knows that she's facing a modern-day gunfighter, a throwback to the lawless time when men made their own rules in the Colorado wilderness. And desp...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Mira Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Touch

Judy Goodnight
A favorite of mine. I've always wanted to have a sequel starring the Ballard boy and Stockbridge girl.
Farah
I really liked this one , I laughed a few times and practically giggled my way through .. Rebecca and Kyle were very intriguing and fun to see together. I enjoyed the Stockbridge vs Ballard thing .. it was entertaining and quite hilarious most of the time. One of my favorites.
Linda
Not a great book. Very cheesy storyline. This type of book, I'm sad to say, is what gives Romance a bad name. It was good enough for me to want to know what happened and finish the book though, so it wasn't horrible. But definitely not something I would read again. It does have a copywrite date of 1989 so maybe that's why it wasn't great? Maybe. I've read other reviews and I have gathered that this author is usually pretty good, but this wasn't one of her better books. I might have to test that...more
Jessica
Occasionally funny with moments approaching poignancy. Better transitions would have helped overall, I think, but I still enjoyed it.
The heroine is smart and capable and recognized as such by herself and by the hero. The hero is closer to JAK's later standard of befuddled alpha with communication problems than the earlier douchecanoe rapist model.
Maria
Another Krentz with great characters and dialogue plus humor, this one was more difficult to like for some reason, but after re-reading it more than three times, I have found that it really grows on me. Each time I seem to enjoy it more than the last. But I can say that about all of her books, even the ones I've loved from first reading.
Iola
First published in 1989, so a bit dated, but JAK was ahead of the times in that her heroines actually had brains, careers and weren't helpless virgins waiting for the man to rescue them. I prefer her later stand-alone novels to this one.
Paraphrodite
Another oldie from JAK that I've just re-read. Technology is a bit dated with the usual JAK H/H relationship. Nice and short read.
Season
Nice story. Didn't flow like I would have liked, but liked how it all turned out in the end.
Lesley
I liked the book - easy reading but surprising!! - I prefer the historicals.
Cem73
Titre vf : On ne triche pas avec l'amour (2001) / Harmony Valley (1989)
Phifer, Barbara
I like her presentation to romance,
Shelia
Shelia added it
Sep 09, 2014
Connie Wood
Connie Wood marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
BC or Brenda
BC or Brenda marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: A Woman's Touch (1989) 1 2 Sep 27, 2012 01:29PM
  • Fabulous Beast
  • The Sinister Touch (Guinevere Jones, Book 3)
  • Surrender

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant...more
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...
Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) All Night Long Smoke in Mirrors Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3)