Start by marking “A Woman's Touch” as Want to Read:
A Woman's Touch

A Woman's Touch

When Rebecca inherits the land her boss, Kyle Stockbridge, considers his--land that is the object of a centuries-old feud--she absolutely refuses to sell out. Especially after Kyle almost has her believing he loves her. Rebecca knows that she's facing a modern-day gunfighter, a throwback to the lawless time when men made their own rules in the Colorado wilderness. And desp ...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Mira Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Touch

Judy Goodnight
May 06, 2012 Judy Goodnight rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-romance
A favorite of mine. I've always wanted to have a sequel starring the Ballard boy and Stockbridge girl.
Farah
Jan 19, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it
I really liked this one , I laughed a few times and practically giggled my way through .. Rebecca and Kyle were very intriguing and fun to see together. I enjoyed the Stockbridge vs Ballard thing .. it was entertaining and quite hilarious most of the time. One of my favorites.
Jessica
Jun 16, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: category-romance
Occasionally funny with moments approaching poignancy. Better transitions would have helped overall, I think, but I still enjoyed it.
The heroine is smart and capable and recognized as such by herself and by the hero. The hero is closer to JAK's later standard of befuddled alpha with communication problems than the earlier douchecanoe rapist model.
Mtld
Mar 03, 2017 Mtld rated it really liked it
4,5/5.
Linda
Apr 26, 2011 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Not a great book. Very cheesy storyline. This type of book, I'm sad to say, is what gives Romance a bad name. It was good enough for me to want to know what happened and finish the book though, so it wasn't horrible. But definitely not something I would read again. It does have a copywrite date of 1989 so maybe that's why it wasn't great? Maybe. I've read other reviews and I have gathered that this author is usually pretty good, but this wasn't one of her better books. I might have to test that ...more
Maria
Oct 23, 2008 Maria rated it really liked it
Another Krentz with great characters and dialogue plus humor, this one was more difficult to like for some reason, but after re-reading it more than three times, I have found that it really grows on me. Each time I seem to enjoy it more than the last. But I can say that about all of her books, even the ones I've loved from first reading.
Nenya
Jul 01, 2015 Nenya rated it really liked it
rather old school. but still, a good read. a generational feud done pretty well. i also liked that the ow, Darla, isn't exactly "ow".

sweet read. (the 'business world' and h being executive secretary is a little cringeworthy... but still)
Iola
Aug 24, 2011 Iola rated it it was ok
First published in 1989, so a bit dated, but JAK was ahead of the times in that her heroines actually had brains, careers and weren't helpless virgins waiting for the man to rescue them. I prefer her later stand-alone novels to this one.
Lesley
Oct 29, 2010 Lesley rated it liked it
I liked the book - easy reading but surprising!! - I prefer the historicals.
Cem73
Apr 12, 2012 Cem73 rated it liked it
Shelves: vf, harlequin
Titre vf : On ne triche pas avec l'amour (2001) / Harmony Valley (1989)
Paraphrodite
Apr 02, 2012 Paraphrodite rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Another oldie from JAK that I've just re-read. Technology is a bit dated with the usual JAK H/H relationship. Nice and short read.
Brenda Audiobooks Only
The abridged narration was just OK for me.
Phifer, Barbara
May 25, 2009 Phifer, Barbara rated it it was amazing
I like her presentation to romance,
Season
Apr 11, 2011 Season rated it liked it
Nice story. Didn't flow like I would have liked, but liked how it all turned out in the end.
Mem
May 04, 2015 Mem rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this novel.
Jean
Aug 15, 2015 Jean rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Dated.
Sharon Homer
Sharon Homer rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Charene
Charene rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2008
Ashanthi
Ashanthi rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2013
Murphy
Murphy rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2011
Geri Parlin
Geri Parlin rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2008
Lann S
Lann S rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Anita
Anita rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2017
Nicola Pike
Nicola Pike rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Lhynne Villegas
Lhynne Villegas rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Merlene Neville
Merlene Neville rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Ellen Lucivero
Ellen Lucivero rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2010
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: A Woman's Touch (1989) 1 2 Sep 27, 2012 01:29PM
  • The Devil To Pay
  • Gentle Pirate
  • Whirlwind Courtship + High Energy
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...