Start by marking “Test of Time” as Want to Read:
Test of Time

Test of Time

He had married for all the best reasons: They liked and respected each other; they had a lot in common and would be great together in business . . . and in bed; and marriage to Katy Randall would help make people forget just how rough Garrett Coltrane's past has been. But she had married for only one reason: love. And that was the one thing Garrett didn't want.
Published January 1st 2000 by Mira Books (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Test of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Test of Time

Hope Springs by Sarah M. EdenEvery Bride Needs a Groom by Janice  ThompsonHis Montana Bride by Brenda MintonCalico Spy by Margaret BrownleyLonging for Home by Sarah M. Eden
"Katie"
57th out of 63 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Jacqueline
Apr 20, 2011 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
3-1/2 stars I liked this story of a honeymoon. They both started out with unreal but opposite expectations and learned to live with each other. The horse stuff was okay. We made it almost all the way through the book before there was a silly horse mistake that would have taken the author less than a minute's research with a dictionary to avoid. Oh well. I liked how the heroine grew to understand her husband and how she learned to respond to and accept how he really was instead of how she wanted ...more
Christine
Apr 28, 2011 Christine rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned, romance
Normally, I would give a book that I stopped reading after chapter 4 a one-star review, but I didn't feel comfortable doing that because I'm not sure I should have picked this one up in the first place, despite it being by one of my favorite authors. This may have been the earliest book of hers I've ever read (or tried to read), and several times I found myself flipping to the cover to make sure I was right about the identity of the author.

The reason I put it down:

Chapter 1 -- painful info dump
Fedora
Feb 29, 2012 Fedora rated it it was ok
Diana Hockley
Dec 22, 2012 Diana Hockley rated it liked it
First published in 1988, this novel is definitely better than many of those which were on the market around the same time. The premise that a young woman can go into marriage without discussing anything of an intimate nature with her future husband, is perhaps a step up from the "teen child minders falling in crush with dark, silent mogul" prevalent until the early 1980s.

I found the characters to be a little stereotyped and felt the reasons behind the mysterious "happenings" (horse being let out
Diane ~Firefly~
Not one of my favorite by JAK, but still a good read. Katy marries Garrett for love but on her wedding night realizes he doesn't believe in love (I know, huge surprise in a JAK book). She wants to get a divorce right away but he talks her into giving it 3 months for her expertise on horse breeding for his consulting business. There's the mandatory element of danger and them adjusting to each other.
Amelia
Aug 31, 2015 Amelia rated it it was ok
Not that great, a little sexist and I am really not a fan of Garrett. Frankly he seems like a dick and she seems to just roll over with every situation because she "loves him". He hasn't even been really traumatised to explain his douchness, he got burned once by love and not that badly and that's the only explanation. Normally I love JAK but I think her earlier stuff has definite sexism which annoys me and I can't enjoy the story
Maria
A reasonably good afternoon read with a light mystery and good characters and dialogue, except for the old stand-by "You just don't understand", which I've always felt is a waste of time to write and read. The book has horses though, always a plus.
Trinidad
Trinidad rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Aurora Lynne
Aurora Lynne rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Roxie Klinksiek
Roxie Klinksiek rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Sharon Morgan
Sharon Morgan rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Esther
Esther rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Celine
Celine rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2008
Renee Henning
Renee Henning rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2011
Jillane
Jillane rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Marybelle
Marybelle rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2013
Mrs
Mrs rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Marie Dry
Marie Dry rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
Jo Hahne
Jo Hahne rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Carey
Carey rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2011
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2008
Teresa J Todd
Teresa J Todd rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013
K Lee
K Lee rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Ruby
Ruby rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Anne Stankiewicz
Anne Stankiewicz rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2014
Lisa Slough
Lisa Slough rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Test of Time (1987) 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 01:27PM
  • To Tame the Hunter
  • Affair of Risk
  • Whirlwind Courtship + High Energy
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...