Start by marking “Holding On (Lights of Peril, #1)” as Want to Read:
Holding On (Lights of Peril, #1)

Holding On (Lights of Peril #1)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  4,143 ratings  ·  419 reviews
This novel contains material that is not suitable for individuals under the age of 18. Content includes: drug use, explicit language, violence, rape, and other scenarios with content that readers may find offensive. Please use caution when deciding on this book, as every reader has the right to understand the product before purchase.

This book is one of two and does not con
Published October 14th 2013 by A.C. Bextor

To ask other readers questions about Holding On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding On

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergCollide by Gail McHughBully by Penelope DouglasBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
237th out of 415 books — 3,773 voters
Undeniable by Madeline SheehanMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Property by Joanna WyldeSeize Me by Crystal SpearsUnbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
best biker badboys
51st out of 53 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Jette Correa
****Spoiler Alert, if you haven't read this book do not read my review. I'm totally giving the book away****

Okay, here I go... This book has left my mind a all kinds of fucked up! I'm hanging by a thread (literally)!!! Kind of torn to pieces and I don't even know how to start my review. Get a box of tissues ready people!

I give this book 5 ★'s even though there were so many grammar error.

This book has everything I love in a story. Badass biker alpha male, hot and swoon worthy, family bond, frien
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
This story was not ready to be told. I don't mind errors in books but if it's on every single fucking page, it will kill the story. The formatting was horrible. It looks liked one huge paragraph, again on every fucking page. From what I understood from the story cause a lot of it didn't make sense, was okay. The MC club I had no problems with. Characters were somewhat enjoyable though I will say that the ladies giggled all the damn time, the men would roar or scream, the ladies would refer their ...more
Harper Sloan
Oh. Maaa. Gah! I loved it. Literally devoured this book. Sucked it down & didn't want to stop. And now I'm fulfilled, in love, crying, craving more, ready to strangle someone. So many emotions BUT I love books that tear me apart with my emotions. If you make my cold heart feel... Win! On to book 2 I go!
 ♥Stephanie♥
description

1.5 I-COULDN'T-HOLD-ON STAR!

I'm not a writer/editor but this one needs a lot of work. I'm all into new authors writing mc biker stories or trying to be Kristen Ashley or Madeline Sheehan. geez.. Even overused plot is okay.. but seriously, this was horrible, awkward and confusing as shit!

It started slow but I hold on to it, I was thinking maybe it will get better. It didn't. As I mentioned earlier, this need a lot of editing! There were too many POVs that jump from one to another it didn't make
Ashleigh ~RSR
*****UPDATE*** This books has been professionally edited and formatted

Ok first off READ THIS BOOK. I have been on a biker/alpha male kick lately and was so excited to come across this book! I hesitated to start reading it because of reviews that mentioned a cliffhanger and poor editing that left grammar errors etc. So before I go into how much I liked this story let me say.....THE GRAMMAR ERRORS ARE THERE BUT ARE NOT IN ANY WAY TERRIBLE. I noticed them, yes, but it didn't take away from my read
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
2 I REALLY TRIED STARS!!!

First off, I love a good biker romance novel!!!! And I was hoping this would be one of those.... I tried to be really patient in reading this book... in the end, I'm just happy I finished it!

First, it needs serious editing, the grammar...

"His my finance."
- instead of " fiancé".

"You're not going back to belonging to him."
- seriously, huh?

"... you had stars in your eyes and a fight in your heart when you used looked at her"
again, what?

"As I being walking towards him h
Debb
So I get this book and I'm reading and loving it!! It's got everything I like in a book ----->badass bikers,friends to lovers and throw in some emotional angst and its perfect for me! I also read the blurb for this book and I'm expecting a cliffhanger,halfway thru I realize it's not a cliffhanger in the way you'd be thinking. I then go thru the emotions of being mad at the author and then sad and at the end crying for what she did to her characters!!!
I LOVED every minute of it.....I just ne
Suzanne
Terrible.

Quit after 3 chapters and I am not a book quitter. I will hang on to the end.

But this one - it broke me.
Wanderlust
I was honestly rather surprised by how much I enjoyed the book, i was seriously expecting a KA/Madeline Sheehan rip off but I did not find that. I think when there are a lot of authors covering the same thing, i.e. Motorcycle clubs that there is always going to be overlap in subject matter.
This book contained violence, drama, sex, rape/attempted rape, MC antics, death & alpha men. The book held my interest, I liked the characters & I enjoyed the story.

My overall opinion

My feelings about
S.K. Logsdon
Holy Shit balls! What an Emotional Roller Coaster!

I just finished reading this story after my girlfriend at Ramblings from Beneath the sheets book blog suggested it. I've been getting into Biker stories more so as of late. So I figured, what the heck.
If this review turns into a jumbled mess I apologize. I just finished UGLY crying because this story enthralled me so much I felt my heart ripping from my chest or my stomach clinching at so many scenes. I loved this book. It is longer, so it took
Amy Ponce ♥
Please excuse my grammar!!!

ok ok ok ok ok!!!! I'm giving this book 4 stars ★ only because the ending nearly killed me!!! I cried like a baby literally!!! with that being said, the men in this book are hot-swoonworthly-to-die-for alpha males! the story is amazing. Its everything I love reading about (except that heart wrenching ending!!!)

Shame is so effing fine that I had to change my underwear after reading the hot ass hell sex he and Mace had over and over again! Shame is much older then Mace a
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Nov 10, 2013 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: I woudn't rec this one. Nope!
Recommended to Michelle by: An amazon cruise in an airport - waiting.
11/10/2013 --

Overall Rating = 1 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb / Book Title = 3 / 3 / 3 = 3 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 1 Stars
Character Development = 1 Stars
Story Appreciation = 1 Stars
Worth the Chili = 1 Stars -- [$3.99 on Amazon]
I returned this one.

Very poor sentence structure. Poor character development. Borrowed components and a total non-story. I was surprised at how much I didn't like this one.

I hope you have a better experience. This could be all me. Good luck.

not so Happy Reading this one.
★¸. • * ° * Blanka*°°*•.¸. ♥★

This book has throughly wiped me out (emotionally).

At first I hated Macie not to say I love her now or anything but she is a bit more bearable..
She was preaching on how she loves her brother Patrick (Hem) and his best friend Shame but when her fiancee was trash talking about them she wasn't the one to jump in defend them.
Then she has this crush on Shame and when it looks like he feels the same she keeps rubbing that douche bag of a Fiancee in his face...
To cut to the chase she was a bitch, but t
Heather andrews
I didn't like the ending I really would like the author to re-write it and maybe make it a happier one (yes I'm all for sappy endings), but Shame good grief that man holds nothing back with his bluntness, "a man has need, Mace. We are made to eff and eff hard. That being said, if I want to eff Cherry until the woman can't walk, I will. If I want to make Cherry my old lady and grab a piece of that daily, I will. Until you decide you want to take your turn on my co**, shut your mouth in regards to ...more
Love2Read
Ok, so this one only gets 4 stars BUT it is only due to my irritation at the amount grammatical errors. (With a little editing, this book would definitely be 5 stars) It was really hard to read the first part of the electronic version of this book due to lack of editing. Having said that, I LOVED THE STORY! This is one of the better MC romance plots I have read and trust me, I read a lot of them. :) It had just the right about of suspense, MC background and romance to capture my attention and my ...more
Wbfitmom
Hands down the worst edited book I've ever read on my Kindle. There are no chapters or separation of paragraphs. Quotations are incorrect. Did anyone proof this story?

I felt like I was reading the dialogue between middle schoolers. They were so immature. The reason for fighting with each other was so childish. If I had to read one more time how they loved "your face," I thought I would scream.
Jexa
Oct 23, 2013 Jexa added it
I'm not going to rate this since it was a big DNF for me. I tried but I just couldn't do it. The dialogue was horrific and the rest was just well...it was all over the damn place. I'm not trying to be harsh but I can't fathom how anyone rated this book five stars unless they were reading something completely different than what I had on my e-reader.
Alexandra
Wow. Just wow. The story of the 4 of them was a mixture of angst, love, steam, and anguish. The ending was unexpected to say the least
Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets

This author took the MC world - put it in writing and kicked it up a zillion notches for me. Ya'll know I am a MC book WHORE and leaving me gasping for air at the end was not expected. I'd give her 20 plus stars for her EPIC BRILLIANT AS FUCK ENDING....even with the tears I shed..... She took a completely different route as to where her characters would be at the end and left me speechless.

As with most MC books we have the usual.... lot's of club whores, drinking, smoking, orgy type parties, no
Julie C
Amazing biker book alert...plus we get 2 love stories for the price of one.

I have to be careful not to spoil anything here but let me just tell you that the surprises kept coming and I couldn't predict what was going to happen next. I absolutely loved Shame and Hem once they decided to get their heads out of their asses and claim their women Mace and Sadey.

Passionate, erotic, suspenseful and full of dirty dirty goodness. There were some editing issues but they were easily overlooked. Can't wait
Ramzi [Southern Sass Books]
4 I love your face Stars!

I have been on a MC book kick for the past few weeks, grabbing every single one in sight and I got these bad boys on sale as a box set for .99! I was so stoked, and this is my first by A.C. Bextor. I was NOT disappointed!

I absolutely love Mace & Shame together. Although, I thought he was a prick in the beginning for certain events.. That was cleared up and he’s still sexy as shit. One of my favorite things about this book that even though he is an alpha male, like 10
Nikki Johnson
DNF @ like 82%... It was a okay plot and a lot of drama, but tooooo long and drawn out for me...too many POV's too--I started skimming pages at like 40% and I NEVER skim thru books,lol --not enough alpha badassedness and sex for me either ...characters were a little juvenile too.

Just not my cup of tea, but I respect the author for putting her work out there!
Cissie
One of the few books I've ever returned for a refund. It stood a chance of being good but the grammar and spelling was so BAD, I couldn't make myself finish it completely.
Savy
I would like to say that I'm captivated, but I think I’m also torn, shocked to say the least, and I’m taking calming breaths in effort of controlling my spiraling thoughts. In the 500+ books I’ve read, not one took my breath away like this one. This ending will…well, you read the book and find out.

The blurb states that this book contains sex, rape, etc and to proceed with reader discretion. Luckily I threw caution to the wind…this book is SSSOOOOO much more. This book pulled the emotional rug o
Melissa Labadie-bernard
Okay so this story was intense. At times I wanted to scream or laugh but in the end all I did was cry like a little baby. So be prepared and have a box of Kleenex when you read this one.

Here are some things I liked about the book:
1-I like the whole alpha badass bike men. Shame and Hem are to die for. Hem is a romantic at heart and is so sweet and caring. Shame is tough but when it comes to Sade he is all soft.
2-I happy that Mace and Shame got together and worked their crap out but still leaves
Jennifer Smith
OH BOY!! Why oh Why do I punish myself!!!! I love MC books just like every other red blooded female!! I am going to do a spoiler free review or at least try too. My emotions are all over the damn place on this one! I am just shocked at how it all turned out! I will say this ... to me this does not have a cliffhanger ending. It has an ending that leads perfectly into book 2 The Way Home. I have a feeling I know where this is going to go in book 2 and once you read it ... you will know by what I m ...more
Cindy
Breathe, breathe..... I'm a complete emotional basket case. I've been ripped apart. Im shocked, between laughing, crying, repeating OMG, OMG, I don't understand. I RARELY award a book 5 stars, this book is one of the best I've ever read. It pulls at very emotion. I'm raw.... The way the Author anchors you to the characters, you feel their pain and happiness, their indecisions and struggles. You want to scream NOOOOOOO, stop, think but you're there with them and FEEL their turmoil. I quit smoking ...more
Chris
I'm still having trouble breathing after this book ended. Never has a book had me sobbing so hard...the ending is NOT a HEA but don't let that stop you from reading it. Yes, it has some grammar and errors in text but it does not take away from the story at all. She is an independent writer after all. If you like MC Club books with Alpha males, this will not disappoint! It has very HOT moment and the reference to Ernest Hemingway are perfect. Very touching ending... to say the least.
Alison Kruger
I don't even know where to begin on this review. First let me start by saying this was the first book I read by this author and immediately halfway thought I KNEW I had to "friend" her on goodreads so I can follow her future books. I don't won't to give anything away because I feel that each person must make this journey with "rose colored glasses" on. It is undoubtedly the most heartfelt, gut wrenching romance I've read in a long while. I finished this yesterday and the characters have stuck wi ...more
Bailey
This book is amazing! I absolutely loved this book! It was a great read and I cannot wait for the next one. The ending wasn't my favorite but it made me want the next book even more. So February needs to come quicker! This book is definitely on my top ten!
Amazing Book 4 34 Jan 26, 2015 05:19AM
  • Misled (Death Dwellers MC, #1)
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Raine Falling (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • A Family Man (The Freaks MC, #1)
  • Craving Redemption (The Aces, #2)
  • Satin and Steel (Riding the Line, #2)
  • Out of Darkness (Heaven Hill, #2)
  • Damaged and the Knight (Damaged, #2)
  • For Your Sake (Mountain Skulls MC #1)
  • Murphy (The Skulls, #2)
  • Knights' Sinner (The MC Sinners, #3)
  • Highway Don't Care (Freebirds, #2)
  • Thrash (Bayonet Scars, #2)
  • Biker Bait (Lost Souls MC, #1)
  • Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1)
  • Knox's Stand (The Last Riders #3)

Lights of Peril (4 books)
  • The Way Home (Lights of Peril, #2)
  • Toxic (Lights of Peril, #3)
  • Lights of Peril Box Set (Lights of Peril #1-3)
The Way Home (Lights of Peril, #2) Toxic (Lights of Peril, #3) Ace's Redemption (Devil's Despair, #1) Hayden's Verse (Devil's Despair, #2) Lights of Peril Box Set (Lights of Peril #1-3)

“This is just what we do for each other.” 4 likes
“You don’t ever have to change anything for me. Just be who you are and who you’ve always been. Be with me in my life, and share yours with me.” 4 likes