Start by marking “Her Kind of Trouble” as Want to Read:
Her Kind of Trouble

Her Kind of Trouble

It takes one to know one

The moment Vivian Walker spies Seth Anderson she knows they're a match made in hedonistic pleasure. And they both agree their one night together is all about fun, not forever.

Now, years later, Seth remains a favorite memory. Surely the sizzling chemistry has faded, though, right? Apparently not. Because he's still sinfully attractive, and she likes
Published April 1st 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Her Kind of Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Kind of Trouble

Lady Heather

"An arc had kindly been provided by Harlequin Superromance via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review"

Release date: April 1, 2014

5 shiny stars!
The writing, story-line, and characters were wonderful.
Seth and Vivian were amazing together!
The author had me engaged right from the beginning of the story, and had me on the edge of my seat right till the last page wondering if these two were ever going to tell each other how they really felt about one another, or keep up their facade of "trying to
Mara De Guzman
4 No Trouble At All Stars!
Copy provided by Harlequin from NetGalley for an honest review

This is my second Sarah Mayberry book and although it didn’t top my first experience of her storytelling, Her Kind of Trouble made my Friday night easy and fun.

Seth and Vivian’s story runs deep but Sarah Mayberry’s way of writing didn’t overwhelm on the sad or too emotional parts and instead touched on those topics while still making it an enjoyable read.

It was pretty funny and disappointing on my side that
Maria Rose

This emotional contemporary romance is the story of Seth and Vivian. When they meet as young 20 somethings at the wedding of Seth’s brother to Vivian’s sister, Vivian’s reaction to Seth is visceral:

He was, in a word, sexy. And boy, did he know it. The knowledge was reflected in the way he held himself, the way he studied the people around him and in the small, knowing curve to his lips. He thought he was too cool for school and the best thing since sliced bread all rolled into one, with a helpin
Home. Love. Books.
To see reviews like this one check out my site www.homelovebooks.com

One of these days I am going to read a book by an Australian author and I am going to hate it, thankfully the Aussie's have a perfect track record with me, never read a book I didn't like, and Sarah Mayberry follows this trend. I seriously liked this book a lot. I am notoriously bad about reading book-blurbs, I tend to just skim them and buy/borrow/request the book if anything in the blurb appealed to me, and truthfully I didn'
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
What if the two right people met, but it was the wrong time? Vivian and Seth meet at their siblings' wedding. The attraction is instant. Neither is looking for commitment, and that works out just fine for them. A quickie in a limo at the wedding turns into a happy memory for both of them as Seth keeps trying to make it big with his rock band and Vivian moves to the US to work on her career as a designer.

Ten years later Vivian moves back to Australia and suddenly she and Seth are seeing each othe
Dianne
Timing and chemistry are everything, having a free spirit is a bonus, but for Seth and Vivian, the only missing piece was the maturity to handle the emotional strings that tugged at them both as they stole away from a family wedding to steam up the windows of a rented limo. Seth is a budding rock star, but is it a pipe dream? Viv is a fashion designer, working her way up the ladder, her ideas are remarkable, but she freezes when she must put her creations to cloth. Now relatives by marriage, the ...more
Jae
I really do love Sarah Mayberry's writing. I think she handles serious issues without letting them overwhelm her stories. Her characters are believably flawed but inherently decent people. The chemistry between the romantic leads is sizzling and the sex scenes are blistering. However, I often find the endings to be rushed and too neat. In this book particularly, I had a huge issue with the resolution. (view spoiler) ...more
Bungluna
Apr 06, 2014 Bungluna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
As close to perfect as I've seen in a long time.

This is a story of two kindred souls who first meet at the wrong time. Their siblings are getting married and both of them are still finding their niche in the world. Jumping ten years ahead places them proximate to each other, though again the time is not right. Seth is awaiting the birth of a child with his ex and Viv has just returned home and started a business.

When tragedy strikes, bringing Seth to a totally different path, Viv steps up and of
LaFleurBleue
Jul 17, 2014 LaFleurBleue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid romance from Sarah Mayberry
Seeing how it started with a hot fling in a limo at page 15 or 20, I was worried that it would be a much hotter, more meaningless story about flighty characters. And I was obviously completely wrong.
The circumstances justifying their not seeing each other much during 10 years were really realistic. I liked learning more about both their difficulties growing and becoming responsible adults, finding their paths the hard way.
And I really liked how their rela
Stella
Sarah Mayberry has done it again!This book is simply perfect!

So many things going on inside my head right now I don't think I'll be able to write a decent review...

I can't remember the last time I read such a perfect book.

Have I mentioned how PERFECT this book is?

This is a LOVE STORY with all the elements a good one SHOULD have. I don't think I need to mention Sarah's talent as an author. She makes us fall deeply in love with her characters and GOSH does she do it WELL.
I love when I am able to g
Pamela(AllHoney)
Vivian Walker and Seth Anderson meet at her sister's wedding. Seth is the groom's brother. They end up doing the one night thing and go their separate ways. Now ten years later, Vivian is back in Australia to stay after being in the USA. She has started a business with a friend. Meanwhile, Seth is getting ready to be a father but it comes sooner than he expected when the mother has an accident. Vivian is there to help out.

It was a good read but not my favorite theme. But it was handled nicely an
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

This is one of Sarah Mayberry’s best books.

The first book in this Harlequin line I ever read was another Mayberry book: Her Best Friend. It made me a fan of both the author and the category line, but it has been a while since I read one I enjoyed as much as this.

I’m going to be honest: I might not have bought this one. I had a review copy and I thought I’d give it a go because I’ve liked the author in the past and because of the Australian setting. I assumed the book wou
Bronwyn Stuart
Sep 17, 2015 Bronwyn Stuart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always been a massive fan of Sarah Mayberry's and this book just proves why. It has everything from the sexy, emotional high of an illicit one night stand to the sorrow of losing a partner to the confusion of being a new parent. You'll need tissues for crying and laughing but once you pick it up, don't expect to put it down. If I could give it 6 or 7 stars or even 10, I would. A really wonderful story about love and loss and all the emotions in between.
Saly
Rating 3.25 stars
It hurts me to say this but this was a very forgettable Mayberry and now I can hardly recall most of it. The hero/heroine had a fling when their siblings were getting married and life moved on and then the heroine is back in town, the hero is having a baby with a woman who is too young for him. Stuff happens and I barely felt or got into the romance. Very average read.
Sarina Bowen
Feb 24, 2014 Sarina Bowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, for-review
I'm writing a full review for New York Journal of Books. But I will say that 1) I loved this and 2) this book is much steamier than the other Sarah Mayberry novels I've read. Rawr! Full review: http://www.nyjournalofbooks.com/book-...
steph
This one was good. I had forgotten how well Sarah Mayberry writes her characters and gives them added depth and both Vivian and Seth delivered on that. This easily could have gone the bad Lifetime movie route (it had a lot of those tropes) but it didn't and I'm so glad because wow. This was good.
D.G.
**3.5 stars**

I feel I should rate this book higher. It had lots of things I usually like but for some reason the whole situation didn't click with me. Need to think about why...
Smitten
Sep 30, 2014 Smitten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Smitten by Books Blog

4.5 Stars

Honestly, I can always count on Sarah Mayberry. That’s it. Period. She always delivers those emotional reads that leave me weepy and heart achy. And Her Kind of Trouble is no exception.

This is a story about a woman, our heroine Vivian, who has a one-night-stand with her sister’s brother-in-law—our hero, Seth— (are you following me?) the night of her sister’s wedding. Here’s the problem, Seth’s brother—the one marrying Vivian’s sister– expressly
Cynthia
Another 5 star for author Sarah Mayberry who knows how to tell a story of love, passion and forgiveness. From the beginning the author grabs your attention and never lets you go. One look is all it took for Vivian and Seth at a family wedding to come together for one night of fun as they steam up the windows in the back seat of a limo. They both agreed that is all it could be both had lives to live and neither were looking for more. They live for the moment both moving on either forgetting that ...more
Roz ~ My Written Romance
You can read this and my other reviews at My Written Romance.

I was provided with an advanced reader copy of this book by Harlequin via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5

Good timing has most definitely not been a friend to either Vivian or Seth. Their physical chemistry was in evidence at the start of the book (hey, they get freaky in a limo in chapter 1), but neither is ready emotionally for anything else. When we reconnect with them, as they do with each other, it’
babyfishmouth
3.5 Stars:

I’ve yet to read a book by Sarah Mayberry that I didn’t really enjoy. Some appeal to me much more than others but they all are well written with interesting characters who feel real. This particular book didn’t work as well for me as others but still I raced through it.

Chapter One starts off ten years ago when Viv and Seth first meet. They are both free-spirited and see each other in a purely sexual way and act on that instant attraction by having crazy monkey sex in the back of a lim
The_Book_Queen
Ever since my first Sarah Mayberry book, I've been hooked. Mayberry has a true talent for writing smart, funny romances with real characters and chemistry that sizzles yet has very tender moments, too. I've yet to read a novel from her that I didn't thoroughly enjoy; Her Kind of Trouble continues that pattern.

I think the Dear Reader note from Mayberry in the front of this novel goes a long way towards explaining why this book works so well. The hero and heroine meet and have explosive, amazing s
Alex
The Deal: Vivian Walker and Seth Anderson met for the first time the night before their siblings got married. From the first time they saw each other, they felt an instant attraction, and eventually had a one-night stand they never told anyone about (mostly because both their siblings warned them off each other and wouldn't be happy at the idea of the two of them hooking up).

Ten years later, Vivian returns to Australia - after working as a fashion designer/stylist for the last few years in the U
Melinda
Jan 30, 2014 Melinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Vivian Walker isn’t exactly the black sheep of her family, but she’s pretty much the screw up who can’t get it together enough to even make the wedding dress she promised to make her sister in time for her wedding. At said wedding Vivian is feeling completely out of place since she is nowhere near ready to settle down and is overwhelmingly ready to get out of there. The brother of the groom, Seth Anderson, knows exactly how she feels. After some sarcastic banter and hitting it off they decide to ...more
Jenn
Ten years ago, Seth and Vivian met at their siblings wedding…where they then proceeded to have sex in the back of a limo. Both felt undeniable chemistry with the undertone of something more, but neither was willing to admit it. They were both young and believed that there was so much more life to live than to settle down now.

Years pass as Seth and Vivian hear about each other through the family grapevine and only see each other at select family functions. They're still attracted to each other,
Rebecca
Aug 09, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite contemporary romances feature realistic characters dealing with real-life challenges in a believable way. Her Kind of Trouble falls right in that sweet spot. It also delivers the fun of an Australian setting, which this American reader doesn't encounter too often.

Vivian and Seth hooked up ten years ago on the night her sister married his brother. Ten years later, Vivian has just moved back to Melbourne after building a career in the U.S. She is still attracted to Seth, but not inter
Kanoko
My heart feels like it'll burst any minute now with so much love for this lovely story. That Mayberry has yet again introduced us to characters we can't help getting attached to is a given—Seth and Vivian are just so wonderful to read. They make no apologies for who they were and are. They're fun, which makes them fun to get to know.

Her Kind of Trouble is the antithesis of the opposites attract novel. Seth and Vivan are, in fact, too similar. They understand each other well, and this is what act
stl_reader
May 04, 2014 stl_reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars out of 5. I figured I should round up.

I liked it.

I think this is my first book by this author, and I really enjoyed the snarky, yet not-quite-mean-spirited banter between the H/h. So well done.

The level of the writing otherwise is "functional"; it gets the job done. If I may quote from Willaful's review on another site: "...the writing style tends towards “tell,” though done skillfully through the thoughts of the characters." Agreed.

I enjoyed the Australian setting and the slang ter
Eileen
my paperback edition had a bonus story Back to You as well. Both of these stories were about timing. In the first story, Her Kind of Trouble, Seth and Vivian are meeting for the first time at their sibling's wedding. Both are attracted to the other but both feel they are too young to settle down. 10 years later, they are both established and a little wiser now. They both flirt but no more than that. She knows he's not a relationship-type guy but that is about to change. Tragedy happens and thing ...more
MBR
Vivian Walker and Seth Anderson sets their eyes on each other the night of the rehearsal dinner of the wedding that had tied the knot between Vivian’s sister and Seth’s brother. Their attraction towards each other had been instantaneous, both understanding the other quite perfectly to come to the arrangement that their one single sexual encounter that night would remain just that – a one night stand that they would both enjoy and walk away from.

10 years down the road, Vivian is back home in Aust
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • A Prior Engagement (Special Forces, #4)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Housebound
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4)
  • Holiday Sparks
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • Into the Shadows (The Associates, #3)
  • Love Conspiracy
19909
Sarah Mayberry was born in Melbourne, Australia, and is the middle of three children. From the time that she first “stole” paper from kindergarten and stapled it together to make “books,” Sarah has always wanted to be a writer. In line with this ambition, on graduation from high school she completed a bachelor of arts degree majoring in professional writing, then sat down to write a book. When ins ...more
More about Sarah Mayberry...