Start by marking “100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: A Feast of Eye-Popping Colorways for Blankets, Throws and Accessories” as Want to Read:

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
"100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet" by Leonie Morgan is a wonderfully illustrated and easy-to-use guide to making and using ripple stitches in delightful and inspiring colorways, perfect for blankets, throws, and accessories. With 75 original stitch designs to choose from, using color and texture to create stunning zig-zags, ripples, and waves, there is plenty here t ...more
Published July 15th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet

Bookworm
Jul 23, 2014 Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: 50 Original Stitches & 50 Fabulous Colorways for Blankets and Throws is a wonderful crochet pattern book. I'm a fan of the ripple stitch, I feel like it's an oldie but goody and very versatile.

This book makes me want to immediately grab my hook and yarn and get to making a ripple ghan. There are some creative stitch patterns here as well as five full crochet projects; Retro Rose Afghan, Charleston Bag, Jitterbug Purse and San Francisco Pillows and Bot
Mia
Dec 29, 2015 Mia rated it really liked it
I'd give 4 stars as eye candy alone; the color variations and photos are great. The basics about how to do each stitch are clear and well illustrated, too. I've been crocheting for a few years now and have seen a lot of patterns, but there were several here I hadn't seen before, and they are well charted and the instructions are clear.

The only downside to this book is that most of the patterns include minimal instructions for turning a pattern repeat into a full project or adding them as borders
Beth
Sep 03, 2014 Beth rated it it was ok
Shelves: craft
It is an okay book. Nothing really grabbed me as in "oooh I need to make that right away." Nothing was particularly unique - just fun stitches inserted into a basic ripple pattern. I will say the colors selected, the instructions, and diagrams were all very good. I like the smaller works like the star but I disagree with the rating of them as a beginner project. Teaching a beginner crochet class I know that working in the round- especially starting a magic circle is a huge challenge for true beg ...more
Suzie Q
Nov 09, 2014 Suzie Q rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for someone looking to add to their crochet book collection. The projects might be challenging for someone just learning to crochet and read patterns, but some of them are good for those who have mastered the basics and are ready for the next level.

The author offers samples for most of the projects that have more than one color pattern. I like this feature because it gives an idea of how changing the color scheme can change the look of the finished product.
Anna
Aug 14, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book for free through a giveaway/Goodreads First Reads.
I love to knit, and after looking through this book I'm inclined to pick up some crochet hooks too! This book has easy-to-follow instructions for beginners that go over starting a project and basic stitches. The illustrations are colorful and provide wonderful visuals. There are patterns that range from beginner to expert that are absolutely gorgeous! Definitely an A+ 'How-To' book.
Jeannette
Aug 18, 2014 Jeannette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, crochet
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

While not exactly a book that you read from cover to cover, I have looked at each and every pattern along with the alternate color scheme. It has new variations on the Ripple pattern and even ripple blocks.

So happy to have this book in my collection and I can't wait to make an afghan from these patterns, the hard part will be choosing which one to make first.
Suzanne Cowles
Mar 08, 2015 Suzanne Cowles rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for inspiration. If you want to make an afghan, this colorful book has tons of designs. Easy for a beginner or create your own variation. Even gives the exact yarn colors used. I can't wait to make the red, white and blue ripple. Love this book. Great reference for crochet.
Rachel
Nov 20, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Easy to follow and has some pretty patterns, although not a huge variety of projects. My favorite is "Sea of Hearts" minus the hearts. I made a 2 color scarf from this pattern, and it may be the first ripple stitch I've tried that's worked really well for me.
Kim
Aug 12, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
This book is very easy to follow and very colorful. I like all the different projects to make. There are a few beginners, most intermediate and a few advanced patterns. It has more then enough patterns that are usable and worth adding to your collection.
Darlene Cruz
Sep 15, 2014 Darlene Cruz rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book of patterns so easy to follow. I love the beginners patterns and I am soooo a beginner but with this book I slightly moved up a notch, thank you very much. I needed to know the very basics and yep it was there, Materials and Notions and Crochet hooks (what size) that helped a lot and notice the photo of the types of hooks and if your work is too tight or too loose for me, duh check out the hooks:D What is so fascinating about this book the beautiful photos and easy to follow instr ...more
Nancivillotti
Aug 08, 2014 Nancivillotti marked it as to-read
I was notified that I have been selected to receive this book! I'm so excited to get it in my hands and make some of the projects! Thank you so much Goodreads!
Tessa
Aug 13, 2015 Tessa rated it liked it
Shelves: crochet, nonfiction
This is a very useful little book. It is easy to follow and now if my wrist will just start working again, I could try them...
Lisa Keipp
Sep 16, 2014 Lisa Keipp rated it liked it
Not thrilled that most of the patterns are charted - I don't get along well with the charts. Some very nice patterns, however.
Paula
Aug 02, 2015 Paula rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with lots of choices of patterns to crochet - I will definitely be buying this one.
Christina Fossa
Jul 17, 2016 Christina Fossa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
I received this book for free as part of a goodreads giveaway. I was already interested in learning crochet techniques since I had previous experience with knitting and this book was a great way to start! It is easy to follow and understand and provides really beautiful and interesting ripple crochet patterns. Some if them were a bit challenging at first since I had no previous experience with crocheting but it inspired me to go out and buy some crochet materials! I have already recommended it t ...more
Alana
Sep 07, 2014 Alana rated it it was amazing
As someone who likes to dabble in crocheting at a casual level, this text worked wonders compared to those free stitch pattern papers you can find in the yarn section. It works the same but on a grander level. It provides skill level, measurement, method, diagrams, and fantastic quality photos that give off every detail of the finished products. Every design is unique, colorful, and can range from simple to elaborate. Definitely showed me a new way to crochet.

I received this copy for free throug
Evelyn Harvill
Oct 14, 2014 Evelyn Harvill rated it really liked it
This book is a wonderful guide to the popular ripple-stitch crochet patterns. I had no idea there were so many variations! The book has 50 different patterns and then each pattern has a second - and completely different - color variation. The pictures are beautiful and the directions are clear and easy to follow, even for an inexperienced crocheter (is that a word?) like me. I highly recommend this book if you want to learn ripple stitches. It would also make a great gift for the crochet enthusi ...more
Lauren
Very informative and I can't wait to try some of these.
Joan Mitchell
Sep 21, 2014 Joan Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have-won
This was great! I am making nine Afghans for my grandchildren for Christmas and this book was just what I needed. The explanations of stitches are very easy to understand. The directions for each pattern is easy to follow. I have made the Flames afghan and am working on the shell ripple. This was a great win on goodreads.
Joan54
May 24, 2015 Joan54 rated it it was amazing
I just started this book. Want to make the beginner pillow soon.
Rosa
Apr 24, 2015 Rosa rated it it was amazing
A detailed book easy to follow.
Sheila Lundquist Hoover
Sheila Lundquist Hoover rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Donna Ainsworth
Donna Ainsworth marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Beverly Goff
Beverly Goff marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Andrea Tarpley
Andrea Tarpley rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Terry Tanner
Terry Tanner marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Satu
Satu rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • Easy Crochet Critters: 10 Amigurumi Designs
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • 100 Lace Flowers to Crochet: A Beautiful Collection of Decorative Floral and Leaf Patterns for Thread Crochet
  • 500 Crochet Stitches: The Ultimate Crochet Stitch Bible
  • In Sheep's Clothing
  • Emeril's New New Orleans
  • Comfort Food Without Borders Volume Two: The Main Course
  • Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More
  • Pokemon Black Version & Pokemon White Version Volume 2: The Official Unova Pokedex & Guide
  • Drawing Cute Animals in Colored Pencil
  • Becoming a Woman of Prayer
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
  • Folk Knitting in Estonia: A Garland of Symbolism, Tradition and Technique
  • Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning
  • Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to crochet with these 35 adorable projects
  • Japanese Cooking The Traditions, Techniques, Ingredients And Recipes
  • American Wine: The Ultimate Companion to the Wines and Wineries of the United States
Leonie Morgan is a freelance crochet designer who runs her own craft business, WoolnHook. A self taught crocheter with a love of colour and design, she is the author of 100 Bright & Colorful Granny Squares to Mix and Match, 100 ColorfulRipple Stitches to Crochet and 75 Colourful Hexagons to Crochet Leonie lives in Wales, UK, where she spends her time walking in the mountains and playing with w ...more
More about Leonie Morgan...