Start by marking “The Christmas Show” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Show

The Christmas Show

The Christmas Show, by Pat Cadigan, is the perfect Christmas story about a pair of sisters under a mysterious curse that forces them to travel around the US producing local theatrical productions. This Xmas, they’re producing A Christmas Carol with the real ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come. Humorous and charming.
At the publisher's request, this title is b
Published December 1st 2013 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Show, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Show

Melki
Dec 19, 2014 Melki rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ho-ho-ho
That old saying, about don’t work with animals or children? I would add ghosts to that. You haven’t seen a diva until you’ve seen a ghost.

Two sisters are working off a debt by traveling the country, putting on plays featuring local talent. This holiday season, they're mounting a production of the immortal A Christmas Carol with all the ghost parts being played by, gulp ...real ghosts. Hijinks ensue as the ex-Marine selected as Scrooge proves to be a real trooper, and in the spirit of the theater
Bettie☯
Dec 28, 2014 Bettie☯ rated it it was ok
Recommended to Bettie☯ by: Melki
Linda
Dec 10, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
Nice voice and a cute story, but I wanted more information on what the curse was about and why the girls had to pay it off. Too many unanswered questions left at the end.
Badseedgirl
Dec 04, 2016 Badseedgirl rated it really liked it
Who would have ever thought that a story about ghosts and a dead body on a toilet would be so sweet and funny. The entire story was well-told and the plotting worked successfully without the need for any info dumps to keep the reader in the know.
Nofuture
Oct 22, 2014 Nofuture rated it liked it
Shelves: ekniha, fantasy
Príjemná vianočná ducharina o dvoch sestrách divadelníčka a ich trochu špeciálnom ansámbli. V jednom mestečku organizujú vianočné predstavenie, v ktorom majú účinkovať aj miestny obyvatelia, ale mierne sa im to žvejkne...

Trošku ťažkopádny začiatok, ale celkom zaujímavé postavy a pozadie. Mohlo by toho byť o týchto sestrách viac...
Jana
Jan 07, 2015 Jana rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I may have to add this story to my roster of "things I read during every Christmas season." My only regret is that I discovered it in January! What a wonderful story, full of the drama and redemption which is to be expected from anything involving A Christmas Carol.
Trish
Sep 12, 2014 Trish rated it it was amazing
A ghost story with a difference, with two sisters having to put on travelling theatre productions because of a curse caused by their grandfather. Funny, heartwarming and very unusual. I'll have to read some other stuff by Pat Cadigan.
Kimikimi
Feb 14, 2015 Kimikimi rated it really liked it
Shelves: tor-com
Another Tor.com short story.

I want to read more of this! I want to know about the curse and the ghosts and all the details. Why hasn't she put anything else on tor :( I will have to see if she's written anymore and pick it up.
JT
If you've never met Pat Cadigan's work, you should fix that. This is a good one. Note that it is available free online at tor.com.
Carrie
Jul 11, 2014 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story
A good story that is easy to get drawn into. It's neither depressing nor shmaltzy, which I quite appreciate in a story that takes place at Christmas time.
Dec 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: sff, ebooks-online
I want to know more about these sisters. The story is good, but the mystery surrounding them is what I keep thinking about.
Dec 10, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
A fun little short. I'd love to hear more about their back story though - both the sisters and Steve. Where DID he have to go?
Elaysee
Elaysee rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
Amy
Jan 14, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, novelette
Theater, curses, and Christmas. Fun story.
Gordon
Gordon rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Elizabeth Nelson
Elizabeth Nelson rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Nathanael
Nathanael rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Tehani
Tehani rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Scott Klobas
Scott Klobas rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2014
Harriet Lois Culver
Harriet Lois Culver rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2015
Iain
Iain rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2013
Leanne
Leanne rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Pat Cadigan is an American-born science fiction author, who broke through as a major writer as part of the cyberpunk movement. Her early novels and stories all shared a common theme, exploring the relationship between the human mind and technology.

Her first novel, Mindplayers, introduced what became a common theme to all her works. Her stories blurred the line between reality and perception by mak
More about Pat Cadigan...