Start by marking “The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango, #1)

Read Excerpt

The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango #1)

Jango doesn't know it, but his vacation is about to go right to hell. However, the growing hordes of ravening undead aren't the only problems Jango is facing. His mind is breaking apart, and he is losing his grip on reality.
With bloodthirsty panache, Jango kills humans and zombies alike with whatever weapons he can find.
As his mind splinters, and then breaks,you will find
Published October 11th 2013 by Severed Press

DJ Harris

!!!WaRnInG!!!: This book contains Graphic Violence, Strong Language, and Steamy Sex Scenes! Reader discretion is advised. This book is NOT appropriate for children.

The Road to Hell is Paved with Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango, #1) by Cedric Nye

Jango has spent his life invisible.
A ghostly mutation unable to feel pain or emotion.
A shadow of the man he could have been.
…all he wanted from life was to be left alone.
""I figured out a long time ago that I could never go back, I could never be "normal".
Omnipotent Dystopian Now
The title caught my attention right away. This story is filled with clever prose and was an overall fun read. I must admit that I’ve become weary when it comes to reading self-published work by new authors (and yes, I am one of those self-published authors), but Cedric Nye has spared us any poor editing or plot issues that have become far too common in today’s reading selection.

Nye wastes no time getting right down to the nitty-gritty. Jango (our protagonist) is not your typical hero. He’s rugge
Netanella
Jun 10, 2013 Netanella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Jango's one messed up dude, but who better than that to lead the fight back to the zombies? Jango's got problems - he's introverted, antisocial, paranoid, prone to fits of rage and emotional outbursts - a survivor of horrific child abuse, he's developed response mechanisms that don't quite fit in civilized society but seem to work quite well in the Zombie Apocalypse wilds of Prescott, Arizona.

Jango's very particular about his guns and his knives. He's into the Youtube knife-making community onli
Ian McClellan
Jul 20, 2013 Ian McClellan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently had a little stretch where I kept running into zombie books and movies that weren't all that gory or violent. While I enjoyed them, this book was a nice reminder of how much I love graphic violence and sex. Don't take that to mean there's no story here, there are just a good number of skull-bashing scenes, as well.
Jango has issues beyond the obvious ones that most folks in zombie literature have. He is the survivor of horrific abuse and sees most of the world as the enemy. It seems li
Shannon
Jun 26, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first thing I have to say about this book is "Wow!". It was a delightful read from a relatively-unknown author. I have no doubt in my mind that Cedric Nye will be very well-known very soon, if he keeps up the level of writing that I found in The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies!

Jango, the main character, is an emotionally scarred man who is suddenly thrust into the zombi apocalypse and decides not to become one of the "goobers". He is a wonderfully flawed hero that you can't help but love
Mary
Jun 14, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (ZOMBIE FIGHTER JANGO) (Kindle Edition)
Jango is true bad ass and has issues from both his past and present. He has honed his body into a superior fighting machine to protect himself both physically and mentally. This gives a unique advantage when the world turned upside down and inside out.

This is a recommended read.

The story is filled with hope, tragedy, love and hate, there are some funny parts to
David Lucchesi
cool read, I highly recommend it!

a mentally unstable pyro falls in love with a hot chick. the perfect manly love story! there's even a hot sex scene!

it's really easy to get burnt out on stories in this genre, but Cedric Nye keeps it fresh with a story you ain't never read or seen before. the character Jango is really easy for men to relate to which a awesome change from all those girly books out there. it's about time we see a MAN in one of these stories, crazy or sane!

buy it... read it... befor
Tracy
Wow! Okay now I have to read Jango's Anthem! I MUST start at the beginning.
Jonathan Echevarria
Feb 14, 2015 Jonathan Echevarria rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Zombie Fans
As a fan of zombie fiction I have certainly felt like "I've read it all" and "seen it all" when it comes to stories about the undead. These days it certainly seems like we've been overly saturated with zombie media of all shapes and forms. Thankfully Cedric Nye doesn't stick to the same tired formula with The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies. From the opening paragraph to the very end of the book I was left guessing what would happen next. Nothing about this story was predictable or cliche, in ...more
April
Jul 12, 2013 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie, horror-apoc
Randy Harmelink
Jun 09, 2015 Randy Harmelink rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies
I read this a year or so ago, but am rereading it because of a group read. I upped the rating from 4 stars to 5 stars because it held up well for a reread. Cedric Nye has a refreshing way of turning a phrase. He does a good job of describing a perilous situation while also imparting a bit of humor. Not many authors do that well.

My one complaint is that it's obvious this was originally written as separate "episodes", because every 5 chapters or so, there's a recap of what's happened so far. When
Lucy Hayes
This is a Zombie Apocalypse book on the surface, but at its heart it is a Love Story. If you enjoy seeing the little guy win, then this is a book you will thoroughly enjoy. The story is romantic, in an unconventional way, and the action is jammed-packed! The character development was strong, but I would have liked to see more of a backstory for Sonja. Allthough our hero, Jango, was obviously bat shit crazy it was easy to fall in love with him and yearn for him to succeed. I would recommend this ...more
Brandon
Jul 05, 2013 Brandon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cedric wrote a good book here. Jango is a zombie killing hard a$$. This read started off as zombie killing thriller that never let up. Every page turned lead to more action!! Just the way I like em'.
can't wait to read Jamgo's Anthem.
Tanya
Jun 11, 2013 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie, kindle
A really fun book with some definite darkness. I look forward to reading more
Michael Garza
Oct 24, 2013 Michael Garza rated it really liked it
Jango has spent his life in an invisible world he created in his mind. A life with no attachments or commitments allows him to be truly free. As he finds himself and the outside world experiencing a zombie apocalypse, he’s forced to interact with the world like he’s never done before. Guided by his own code of morality he must embrace the hero within himself.

I give Mr. Nye a lot of credit for creating a unique view of the apocalypse. There’s little here in the way of fight, gore, run. He shows a
Shawn Fleming
Really cool read. Nice to see a book that has a MAN as the main character rather then some pussy that wants to hear all about some damaged girls feelings. The main character in the story is strong, well trained, and crazy, but really cool. A guy I would like to have a beer with! I would recommend this book and I would read it again.

Don't forget to enter the 1st Annual Zombie Fighter Jango's Zompoc Giveaway!
Geoff
Mar 21, 2015 Geoff rated it liked it
Good easy read with tonnes of violence. Just how a zombie book should be.
Lori
Jan 03, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
Good apocalypse story

I really liked this book. Jango is on messed up dude. He was abused as a child, beaten, raped and thrown into group homes. So fighting became his life, keeping in shape, learning skills and he had some skills. He's definitely psychopath.
When the apocalypse hits he us clueless at first but then as he running around his Geo Metro avoiding them he realizes he knew this would happen and he's the perfect person to survive. He's anti-social , damaged as hell and into weapons, his
Angie
Oct 25, 2013 Angie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: horror and zombie apocalypse fans
Recommended to Angie by: indie promotion book club
Jango is a man trying to survive the start of the zombie apocalypse. I like Jango, as messed up he is, living through abuse as a child has left him broken but he survived. He's strong, knows his weapons through watching YouTube which was a nice touch.

Sonja, when he finds her , he feels an instant connection to her. And she feels one back.

The zombies in this book are the type that can run, there was a fun part at the beginning of Jango running round his car and the zombies chasing him. The book i
Patti
Aug 20, 2013 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't crazy (ha!) about this in the beginning. I thought Jango was a little too fucked up, and not someone I'd want to be anywhere near at any time ever, let alone a zombie apocalypse. I'd be afraid I'd breathe wrong and he'd let loose on me. I need to at least like my protagonist a little, and I did not like him.

Until the introduction of Sonya. He became a little more human, a little more likable.

Great detail on the weapons and the training. Great zombie kills.

The one thing that really both
J. Michel
Aug 09, 2013 J. Michel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never read a zombie book like this before. It's a unique story about a troubled man named Jango who wakes up in the midst of the zombie apocalypse. The main character alternates between being a psychotic killing machine and a kind-hearted hero. This book really has everything: zombie-killing action, supernatural creatures, humor, and some unexpected romance. The author seems to know a lot about guns, knives, and pretty much any weapon you can think of. I'm looking forward to reading the ...more
hIpnoticraQs
Feb 14, 2015 hIpnoticraQs rated it really liked it
Different take on zombie apocalypse books. The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies is a fun and funny action packed and steamy read with a few unexpected twists and turns. What made the book even better was the attitude of the Author, Cedric Nye, a down to earth guy that takes the time to chat with his readers, even laugh at their not so funny jokes. A+ author A+ book. ( I look forward to reading #2)
Darcy Leerhoff
I was a bit concerned that this may be part fantasy when I began this book but it luckily turned out not to be later on! This was a decent read and I'm excited to see what happens in the next book!
Maria Kay
Jan 27, 2015 Maria Kay rated it it was amazing
I love monsters, so reading Cedric Nye’s Jango series was a no-brainer. (And not because zombies ate my brain!) This story is a laugh-out-loud, cringe-inside read. This author is from my neck of the woods…err, my neck of the desert, so supporting a local indie is a pleasure. The story takes place in Prescott, Arizona. From escaping a Geo Metro to engaging a zombie apocalypse, Jango is a primo protagonist. He’s more than a badass warrior in a horror movie.

“…it wouldn’t be long before they opened
Shannon Gambino
Nov 26, 2013 Shannon Gambino rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, adults-only
Zombie fighter Jango has the intestinal fortitude to fight zombies for a very long time. A dysfunctional and introverted weapons master with the ability to turn off all emotions is probably the best person to have on your side during a zombie apocalypse. The great pieces of this book are the humorous interjections both internally and in Jango's dialogue with Sonya. The potty humor made me laugh out loud. I hope to see the humor continue in book two.

I was pleasantly surprised with The Road to Hel
Johney Brown
Nov 13, 2013 Johney Brown rated it it was amazing
ULTRAVIOLENCE AT ITS FINEST!!!

WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND STRONG LANGUAGE.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Cedric Nye is a dynamic writer of allegorical and reality based fiction, a creator of a combat-based post-apocalyptic workout system, a developer of unique powerful weaponry and an avid altruistic advocate of child and animal rights. You can find Mr. Nye aka Zombie Fighter Jango aka Zombiefighter Jango aka primalpunch on Goodreads, Youtube, Facebook and Pinterest.

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Synopsi
Sunshine Somerville
Dec 30, 2014 Sunshine Somerville rated it really liked it
I ended up being pleasantly surprised by this, although I had to think about it – and having to “think about” a zombie story at all is an unusual thing, so that tipped me to 4 stars. This is certainly not the best writing in the world, but it works because of the character’s broken, underdeveloped mind. Jango really is about as messed up as the zombies, and seeing a zombie apocalypse from an abused/PTSD perspective was very interesting.

The book’s pages are filled with enough gore and fighting an
Pierre
Excellent debut novel from Mr. Nye. His book has everything you want in a zombie novel. Lots of action, excellent pacing, a slightly deranged anti-hero protagonist, a bit of steamy romance, love and loss, and, of course, extreme survival. All this comes in a good mix of action and humour.
His main character Jango isn't your run of the mill hero. His tortured youth results in character flaws at times funny and at other times disturbing. You could endear yourself to him if he wasn't so scary on occ
Michelle
Sep 29, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
I'll preface this review by saying that zombies are not my usual genre. If you enjoy books about zombies, you will love this. If zombies are not your thing, you'll still love this.

This is intelligently written, it will touch your emotions, make you angry, make you laugh and there are plenty of fights, weapons (Cedric knows his stuff here) and gore, along with some romance.

But this book is so much more than that. At it's heart it's a story about the effects of abuse and how a person adapts in ord
Evan
Jan 09, 2015 Evan rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. What I liked most was the normal language used. Some absolutely hilarious moments amongst a time of sheer terror.

Jango is a complex character, and yet completely believable. Coming from an absolutely horrible childhood, he's done what he can to survive in a world of pain, anguish, and fear. The fact that the main character feels a deep urge to protect those who cannot protect themselves keeps it from becoming full-blown transgressive fiction.

This book is hardcore, seriou
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Apocalypse Whenever: FREE Zombie books! 1 23 Nov 08, 2013 07:28AM
Zombies!: The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies 4 20 Oct 25, 2013 05:21PM
  • Jordan's Brains: A Zombie Evolution
  • Doomsday Diaries
  • The Fridgularity
  • Our American Awakening
  • Flesh Code: Vol. I
  • Gabriel's Watch (The Scrapman Trilogy, #1)
  • Belligerent (Vicara, #1)
  • Kill Ratio
  • After The Virus
  • Pot Inc.: Inside Medical Marijuana, America's Most Outlaw Industry
  • Bipolar Bits: Manic Madness To Depressive Depths (My Bipolar World)
  • The Pot Book: A Complete Guide to Cannabis: Its Role in Medicine, Politics, Science, and Culture
  • Understanding Marijuana: A New Look at the Scientific Evidence
  • Get Real, Mum, Everybody Smokes Cannabis!
  • Walks on the Margins: A Story of Bipolar Illness
  • After the End: Recent Apocalypses
  • Killer Weed: An Ed Rosenberg Mystery
  • Contaminated (Contaminated, #1)
I was born to alcoholic parents, and raised by my abusive father until I was twelve years old, and I entered the state system. I learned to be hard, I learned to survive, and I learned that the world is a cruel place for children and animals. My books are harsh, and I will not shy from showing the truth of human evil, and the fact that violence can only be fought with an even greater level of ...more
More about Cedric Nye...

Zombie Fighter Jango (3 books)
  • Jango's Anthem (Zombie Fighter Jango, #2)
  • Rage and Ruin (Zombie Fighter Jango, #3)

“I promise not to hurt you, unless you try to take my shit. Then I'll twist your head off and hide it in a bush somewhere.” 18 likes
“If you can cut the head off of this broom-goober with that sword, then I'll believe you can gank zombies with it.” 4 likes