Watergirl

Watergirl

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Genevieve has one fear: water, one obsession: the quarterback, and an uncanny ability to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can a foreign exchange student with more than a sexy accent free her from her fear and obsession, or does it take more than love's kiss to save a girl?
Published October 21st 2013 by Whicker Books (first published August 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Watergirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watergirl

Marie McKean
Here I was thinking that by agreeing for one of those author sponsored free reads, that I would be stuck having to read something that wasn't going to be worth my time.

Oh how wrong I was!

The story of Gen and Sean completely sucked me in, I mean, to the point that it could have been me living this high school/siren story. It was wonderful, it was awkward, it was heart-pounding, and it was terrible. Once again I was a junior in high school trying to find myself, while at the same time, realizing...more
Mariela Germann
Jan 07, 2014 Mariela Germann rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone that likes mythology-romance
Recommended to Mariela by: We ♥ YA Books!
Shelves: a-z-to-be-read, 2014
I would like to thank We ♥ YA Books! group and Juliann Whicker for allowing to read this book for an honest review!!!!!

Oh my Holy Neptune, Dragons and Sexy Gills!! This book was AWESOME!!!!!, soooooo great, I actually read it twice and I so identified myself with Gen, I totally experienced the same obsession once in high school, but I didn't have a hottie exchange student stalking me around the school.... :(

I love Gen, not loved cuz I still love that Watergirl, she made me laugh, cry, felt all h...more
Star
*This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review*

Okay so I had to wait 3 days before I was coherent enough to write this. I gave a sincere 5 stars which is pretty unusual. I will try to lay things out logically but I may or may not succeed and it will be as spoiler ridden as most of my reviews, sorry, its a compulsion. If you want a summary -look for the books page, thats not my thing. I will however enthusiastically rant about what makes the book worth reading. :)

To begin:The absolut...more
Amanda Riga
M.L. John
Only in high school can a girl be nicknamed based on her phobia of water.
When Genevieve was a little girl she nearly drowned, and she has been dreaming of death under water ever since. Naturally, the sensitive souls at her school call her Watergirl in honor of her greatest fear. But that’s not the only thing about Gen that makes her feel like an outsider: she has a strong, uncontrollable obsession with the school’s handsome quarterback, Cole. Thanks to his constant snubbing and awful girlfriend...more
Wellinton
Michelle Mcroberts
3.5 - First I have to start off by saying that I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of an honest review. This is a good thing, because if it hadn't been by an author I trust to spin a good story, I never would have picked it up on my own.

I'm not a fan of most water fantasy. I don't romanticize mermaids and sirens and other such water beings - I usually avoid them altogether. And talking about the Disney movie can have me on a soapbox with a quickness...but I digress.

I enjoyed the...more
Lacy Osman
AMAZING MUST READ!!!
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Watergirl, by Juliann Whicker, is a story about a high school student named Genevieve, Gen for short or Watergirl by most every one at school. You soon learn the nickname Watergirl comes from all the embarrassing and life threatening accidents Gen is prone to around water. She is deathly afraid to be around water, even showers bother her. Is she drawn to the water or is it drawn to her? She is obsessed...more
Ashley E
Watergirl really put a unique spin on the (view spoiler) genre for me. I loved it. We start at the beginning of the school year with Genevieve, a girl with a dangerous tendency to obsess over any boy she kisses. So she doesn't kiss anyone. She's only finally getting over the last kiss -- one that happened over 6 years ago. But now the brand new exchange student is showing an unfortunate interest in her.

Gen and her friends were brilliant characters. They really shown out i...more
Jessica Tarrats
Watergirl by Juliann Whicker

Genevieve Castle is Watergirl. That is a nickname she was given by her classmates in middle school after several episodes of almost drowning. The water is drawn to her for some reason and it seems like it is taunting her with every turn she makes.

On the first day of her junior year in high school, she and her best friends, Junie and Flop make a pact. Junie’s goal was to get into a relationship, Flop’s goal was to wear clothing appropriate for the weather and Gen’s wa...more
Kelly
Oh my gosh. I absolutely adored this book! The plot was a little slow at the beginning but necessary to get to know and understand the characters. I honestly sat down and read until 1 a.m. the day I got it. It's honestly the best book I've read in a very, very long time.

Gen is stuck in a world where water attacks her and she's obsessed with a guy who sees right through her. Until Oliver. The new foreign exchange student comes sweeping into her life after he tried to save her from another drowni...more
Angie Ragozzine
Watergirl is a great YA book full of self-discovery, love, treachery, hot guys, and water. I love the underlying message that things (and people) aren't always what they seem. Genevieve is a teenager who, despite her inability to swim, is drawn to water. She's in for the surprise of her life when she finally figures out why. And what's with her singing? Overall this is a great book and I would highly recommend it.
Aishwarya
I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I absolutely loved it!! It was amazing how everything just fell into place and understood why the things that were happening were actually happening.once I started reading this book I just couldn't stop. First when I started reading the book I didnt understand why Sean wanted Gen ir Genevieve or rather Watergirl(everyone calls her that because she was prone to fall in the water whenever she is near it) around when he acted l...more
Yalle Ondarza
Loved it!!!!

Juliann did it again. She was able to write a story that is so different than so many out there.

This story has many twists and turns, that keep you reading until the end. The paranormal aspect of the story is one that is not over used by other authors and even the romance aspect is done is a way that it is not seen very often, making this book refreshing. I don't like giving too many details, because I do not want to ruin the reading to anyone. With that said, if you like fantasy, p...more
John
It is a great book, the writing style is easy to read and all the characters are easy to keep track of. I loved the way the author depicted Gen, her thoughts, her speech, her innocence, her devotion and her obsessions. The cover is very good but in my opinion it needs to be classier.
Navya
*I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.*
Watergirl is a book well thought of and well written too. Once you see the pieces falling together, you understand the story much better. At first, the combination of Sean and Gen was weird, but as the story moved forward and it awkwardness disappeared. The end was a little complicated, but sweet. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal romance.
Toni
I was given Watergirl for free in exchange for my honest review!

Once I started I couldn't but it down! I fell in love with Gen and Sean! Watergirl was a fast paced read, that had me asking questions at every turn! The Author did an amazing job with the plot and keeping you glued to every page. I can honestly say this this one of the best books I have read in awhile! I highly recommend this book to everyone!
Nancy Luebke
This was a nice fantasy suitable for even yery young adults. It was a very interesting concept. While I don't normally read this type, I was very interested in the outcome. The author did a great job of making the characters believeable.
Juliann Whicker
Aug 26, 2013 Juliann Whicker rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Watergirl is a light, YA paranormal, a little bit like Pride and Prejudice, only with mermaids. It's a book about true and not-so-true love, and all the things in between.
Erica Fox
I received access to this book from the author, which was awesome. I really wish I could rate this higher. It was parts really great and parts really bad.
So you have the main plot but it is so jumpy and inconsistent it's hard to tell what the heck is going on. I swear there's like a second plot but you don't have access to that. Like you're just stuck reading the journals of the people in it, so you only know what they know and how they experienced it so it's rather incoherent.
The characters are...more
Meikstr
Meikstr marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Genesis
Genesis marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Genesis
Genesis marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Shoevampire
Shoevampire marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Brooke Anne
Brooke Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Nada
Nada marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Passachol Tassanakul
Passachol Tassanakul marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Hotblood (House of Slide, #1) Hybrid (House of Slide, #2)