Start by marking “The Escape (Unbounded, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Escape (Unbounded, #3)

The Escape (Unbounded #3)

They Have Become the Guardians of Humanity

Renegade Unbounded are the last line of defense between the ruthless Emporium and unsuspecting humanity, but how long can they continue the struggle alone?

Three weeks of waiting to free their allies from an Emporium compound in New York City has Erin Radkey and her Renegade friends on edge. Frustrations run even higher when they un
Paperback, 1, 304 pages
Published October 15th 2013 by White Star Press (first published October 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Escape

Michelle
Dec 24, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I happily stumbled upon the Unbounded world by accident - perhaps it was from a first-book freebie? After devouring the first book, I immediately had to read the second; and learned that book 3 (this one) was to be published fall 2013. Was I excited? Yes, I was. I couldn't wait! I was sucked into the Unbounded world and will eagerly be anticipating the next installment. Sadly, that's apparently going to be an entire year away.

This is book three in a series- I highly recommend that you start read
David Teachout
May 17, 2014 David Teachout rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
While this one starts down a standard urban-fantasy trope of increasing the central character's power, in this case it is done without having the entirety of the plot solved by it and gradually occurs rather than immediately manifesting. That the love interest is also further explored, in a far more adult fashion, rather than silly "oh I need rescuing by big strong man despite my independence," helps this book continue the fun of the series. The action continues to be well done, the moral ...more
Misty
Jan 20, 2014 Misty rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite of the three. I don't know that it's truly a five star book, more like four and a half but I liked it enough to bump it up. I'm definitely invested in the characters now and really looking forward to the next installment.
Swalsk
Nov 01, 2016 Swalsk rated it really liked it
omg I think I love this series. My only hope is that it stays this good or gets better.
Salim
Feb 15, 2016 Salim added it
They Have Become the Guardians of Humanity

Three weeks of waiting to free their allies from an Emporium compound in New York City have Erin Radkey and her Renegade friends on edge. Frustrations run even higher when they uncover a new Emporium plot involving the nation's highest leaders, a plan full of more deceit than Erin imagined possible

Elgon Williams
Sep 07, 2014 Elgon Williams rated it it was amazing
The Escape is the third book of the Unbounded Series by Teyla Branton. If you aren’t familiar with the series, here’s a brief overview.

Erin is Unbounded meaning she is quasi-immortal. Like other Unbounded she was born like every other human but around the time she turned thirty she experienced the Change. The Unbounded have the ability to recover from serious, injuries that to mortals would be fatal. Their bodies are designed to survive and regenerate. This also means that their reproduction is
Kent
Sep 25, 2015 Kent rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Another very good book in the "Unbounded" series by Teyal Branton (aka: Rachel Branton, aka Rachel Ann Nunes, a popular author and good writer in the LDS fiction market. In the Unbouded series of Adult (Urban Fantasy) Fiction with a scientific bend. Certain mortals "change" usually around the time they're in their late 20's to mid-30's. This is the 3rd of the series, the others being "Unbounded" and "The Cure". These 'Unbounded" can and usually do, live for several hundred years and are ...more
Brianna Seaton
Sep 07, 2016 Brianna Seaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She did it again

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

These books always keep me on the edge of my seat. I love how all the characters develop rather thanksgiving a side character to the story. The books all flow together great and the writing is still amazing. This book has on twist at the very end that you won't see coming but will be very happy about!
Lastly...

As much as I love Erin and Ritter together, I really wish she would choose Keene! She always mentions the connection tion she has with Ritter but once upo
Elusive
Sep 03, 2015 Elusive rated it really liked it
A good and interesting 3rd installment of The Unbounded series. There is alot that I liked with this book especially how the main heroine's power grows and evolves which was something I thought was lacking in the 2nd installment. However there was still very little progress plot wise and it is actually starting to irritate me a little bit, because even though I like the books, I actually want to be abel to see an end at some point. Especially since the author is only planing to write 5 books in ...more
DEBIE WILLIAMS
Sep 12, 2015 DEBIE WILLIAMS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I SOOOOOOOOOO LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!

I chose this rating because once I started the very first one I couldn't put them down. I just HAD to get the next. And I already know I will be so disappointed when there are no more "next ones" to buy. =( I really love the characters and the very involved and well written and thought out plots etc. I wish I were more creative at descriptions because this cannot fully describe how much I absolutely adore these people and the fantasy that makes me fee
Charissa
Aug 26, 2014 Charissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Erin, Ritter and the rest of the Renegade gang determine to rescue their captured Unbounded friends and rescue humanity from world domination by the evil Emporium. This book had non-stop action. Serious. I actually ran out of breath reading it. Fight scenes, danger, impossible situations, feeling like you’re going to explode…the Renegades endure it all and more. This series is very intense and thrilling, yet I still want to laugh occasionally as the characters do or say something funny. Great ...more
Brandon Jolley
Nov 10, 2015 Brandon Jolley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action, not to disappoint

As with this incredible series, I throughly enjoyed this book. Going to find the missing renegades from the New York group, the city provides a fun backdrop of action, action, and more action along with a couple more new unbounded that will join the group. Throw in a little romance and politics, and this book is a winner! The only reason why I gave it four stars is that I found a couple typos and it was a lot of information to keep straight. Part of that was prob
Deborah Simon
Apr 03, 2015 Deborah Simon rated it it was amazing
Once again Teyla Branton continues the Unbounded saga in this third installment, The Escape, by immediately capturing you with action, danger, and just enough intrigue to keep you turning pages. Each page fills you with just enough information so that putting the book down seems almost impossible; pushing you to want to continue to unravel the mystery of the Emporiums plans. Meanwhile, hoping to see where life will lead the main character. Will she stop the Emporium in time? Will she finally ...more
Laura Duval
Mar 29, 2015 Laura Duval rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk About Losing Time Doing Anything Else

Amazing...absolutely amazing novel so full of action you can't stop till the end. If you decide to read this particular installment better make sure you have water and food next to you or else you'll be upset you need to get up and stop reading in between. Erin is such a kickass heroine. Ritter only gets better and oh Keene...what to do about him. Poor guy...all he ever wanted now he has and only to feel lost in the process. There is so much action and a
Melissa Drake
Feb 18, 2014 Melissa Drake rated it it was amazing
It's rare for me to love a book enough to still mentally linger in their world for days after reading, but two days after finishing The Escape, book 3 in the Erin Radkey series, I cannot bring myself to pick up another book and move forward! I love the world and characters.

Warning: Upcoming spoiler!

My only complaint is that aside from a serious case of lust, I can't see why Erin and Ritter have decided that they're in love. I just don't feel it, as a reader.
Steven Sheeley
Mar 03, 2015 Steven Sheeley rated it it was amazing
Erin, Ritter and the rest of the Renegade gang are back and determined to rescue their captured Unbounded friends and keep humanity from world domination by the evil Emporium.

The action in this series never stops. I mean never. Never. You've got fight scenes, danger, impossible situations, feeling like you’re going to explode…the Renegades endure it all and more.

This series is very intense and thrilling, yet I still want to laugh occasionally as the characters do or say something funny. Great c
T.M. B.A. Corbett
Sep 15, 2014 T.M. B.A. Corbett rated it really liked it
Please read my FULL review and Giveaway here!

The Escape (Unbounded, #3) by Teyla Branton Published 2013
The plot was enticing growing steadily until the main characters plot issue was resolved over the entire book instead of instantly and so easily resolved, which I prefer compared to other fantasy novels. The main character Erin love story develops in this one while a non-stop action pack story line unfolds keeping you hooked!
Julie Starke
Apr 25, 2015 Julie Starke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just keeps getting better

I am really enjoying the series. The books are getting better. The characters continue to develop. At times it can be a touch predictable but so that it ruins the story. The love triangle that was building has unfolded well. Going to get the next book now.
Melissa
Okay

At this point in the series (book 3) it feels like things are starting to drag on a bit. I enjoy reading about her developing relationships, but the constant stream of thought about her continually developing abilities becomes tiresome to read. I think this is where I part ways with this series.
Candy
Same Old Story

Erin learns a little more about her gift. Ritter and Erin still deny their feelings. In this story the Renegades are trying to break out their people who are being held prisoner by the Emporium. Again things are redundant. I am still tired of the Renegade coming up short.
Monica Impson
I am really enjoying this series despite the cheesy covers.

I enjoy the writing and the way the author seems to really relate to her main character. Some of the other characters feels like they could be fleshed out more but i think the vagueness may be intentional.

I can't wait to read the end.
Lori
Mar 21, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Close calls galore

Really had some sketchy scenes in this one that I was nervous would turn for the worse. A thrilling installation of the Unbound series. Wondering where she is going to take Keenes character and excited about Erin's new found confidence.
diane
Apr 09, 2015 diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frustrating!!!!!

Look, the storytelling itself is extraordinary!! The author is talented but I just concluded book three and still Erin and Ritter have not made it to the bedroom!! The anticipation has become frustration and disappointment.
April
May 10, 2016 April rated it really liked it
Do all these people do is fight? Thats no way to live for 500 years... Near death and fighting. It's full of action and fighting and that's cool but sheesh. Almost overboard. Still like the characters and plot twists. Bring on the next one!
Teya Peck
Nov 05, 2013 Teya Peck rated it it was amazing
Okay AWESOME!! Gripping from the first sentence. Fun, engaging, sexy, clean and FANTASTIC! LOVED IT!! I only have one beef with it.....................I HAVE TO WAIT TILL 2014 FOR THE NEXT ONE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chester J.
Sep 03, 2015 Chester J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

This third one of the series was as good, if not better than the first two. Being a series the characters become like old friends and there is a strong desire to root for their success.
Mhari
Mar 23, 2015 Mhari rated it liked it
I've liked these so far, but I can't make up my mind if i wanna go on, things are pointing to love triangle, and there is nothing that puts me off of a book faster! but, as I said, they have been really good, so I might have to get over it, ha
Boneist
Mar 23, 2015 Boneist rated it really liked it
I was right; the got-to-choose-between-two-men trope is annoying. Aside from that, I enjoyed this one.
Julie
Oct 02, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My wife read i

I liked the believability, the action, the opening of a new kind of universe. It had too much sexual tension for me to be totally in.
Jennifer Desloover
Jan 27, 2014 Jennifer Desloover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I am so happy that I stumbled across this series. Love it!! The plot is unique and the author is very talented. Highly recommend the series.
  • The Queen's Betrayal (Bloodtruth #2)
  • The Call of the Stone (Stonewiser, #2)
  • Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #2)
  • The Secret Bliss of Calliope Ipswich (Three Little Girls Dressed in Blue Book 2)
  • The Ouroboros Cycle, Book Two: A Cautionary Tale for Young Vampires
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Secret of Betrayal (Destroyer, #2)
  • Toby Streams the Universe
  • Retribution (Redemption, #3)
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Lab Rat One (Touchstone, #2)
  • Maybe Fate
  • Bonds That Break (Havoc Chronicles, #3)
  • Into the Wildewood (Faire Folk Trilogy #2)
  • The Blood Alchemist
  • Oracle of Philadelphia (Earthbound Angels, #1)
  • For Love and Country
  • Murder Bay: A Ben Carey Mystery
Teyla Rachel Branton grew up avidly reading science fiction and fantasy and watching Star Trek reruns with her large family. They lived on a little farm where she loved to visit the cow and collect (and juggle) the eggs, usually making it back to the house with most of them intact. On that same farm she once owned thirty-three gerbils and eighteen cats, not a good mix, as it turns out.

Teyla always
More about Teyla Branton...

Unbounded (5 books)
  • The Change (Unbounded, #1)
  • The Cure (Unbounded, #2)
  • The Reckoning (Unbounded, #4)
  • The Takeover (Unbounded Book 5)