Start by marking “Deadly Colors” as Want to Read:
Deadly Colors

Deadly Colors

Deadly Colors is a social commentary on the plight of the Urban-American male, disguising itself well as a police procedural.

Follow Detective Jeremiah Roland in his pursuit to keep a local gang war from getting out of control in the fictional California city of Cedar Ridge.

After arresting a notorious Blood member, Garrett Moore, Jeremiah does his best to prevent murders co
Paperback, 1, 260 pages
Published October 22nd 2013 by CreateSpace (first published October 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Colors

Lavaughn
Jan 31, 2014 Lavaughn rated it it was amazing
Deadly Colors by Benjamin Ryan T., which I received for free through Goodreads First Reads, is a very great book that deals with the everyday battles of gang activity. This book goes through the numerous unfortunate events of a gang member, who ends up in a twisted life, when he realizes what he thought were truths ended up being lives. It also goes through a very intelligent police officer who tries to solve most of the unfortunate events that surrounds the gang member. The author uses a great ...more
Marquita Herald
Nov 23, 2013 Marquita Herald rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed Deadly Colors and it kept me hooked right to the end. I will confess I have a bad habit of skipping paragraphs (pages) when I feel the story needs to move along, but I did not do that with this book. The author has done an excellent job of crafting a compelling story and characters and while it is contemporary in every way, the writing style is reminiscent of the classic crime thrillers that caused me to fall in love with this genre years ago. Very happy to recommend this ...more
Autumn
Feb 03, 2014 Autumn rated it really liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. This tells the story of a guy who's life is controlled by gang activity and the tragic events that this lifestyle can cause. There is also a detective that has secrets all of his own that add to the mix. I really enjoyed this book, even though gang and drugs are two things I typically do not enjoy reading about. I found myself caring for the characters despite their flaws. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes crime fiction.
Melodie Moss
Oct 13, 2013 Melodie Moss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently read Benjamin Ryan T.'s Deadly Colors and found it dramatic and emotionally absorbing from the start. I could feel myself seeing and feeling the world through the author's characters unlike any other book I've ever read. This is a look into the rough and tumble world of gangs unmasked, the pains of life and death and the very human detectives that look in from the other side. An amazing story I would highly recommend.
Rosetta
Good read I guess.

Good read I guess.

Story is ok, just not for me. If you're like crime drama and suspense this is the story for you. The author takes his time and really gives the reader detail. I felt like been overly detailed made it boring and hard to finish. I won't be reading the second book in the series.
Dave
Feb 02, 2014 Dave rated it it was amazing
A Good Read. I felt this book was well written, thought out, and presented. It was also edited well. Virtually no mistakes in the Kindle edition I read. Something I've not seen in many e-books I've read lately. Well.done.
Christi Johnson
Jan 26, 2014 Christi Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Great read! Did not expect the twist. I can't wait to read the next book. I won this on a first reads giveaway on goodreads.com.
Bosn Whitewolf
Bosn Whitewolf rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Dawn Collette
Dawn Collette rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2013
Sal
Sal rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
kristyn ganley
kristyn ganley rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Sheryl Collier-Thomas
Sheryl Collier-Thomas rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2014
Alexander Hamilton
Alexander Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2013
Melodie Moss
Melodie Moss rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2013
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Benjamin Ryan T.
Oct 11, 2013 Benjamin Ryan T. added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Patricia Bergman
Patricia Bergman marked it as to-read
Haven Gordon
Haven Gordon marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Kristen Mazzola
Kristen Mazzola marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Kim Hathorn
Kim Hathorn marked it as to-read
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
Tami Nelson
Tami Nelson marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Teresa Lavender
Teresa Lavender marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Larry Hall
Larry Hall marked it as to-read
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Kathy Lavoie
Kathy Lavoie marked it as to-read
Becky Lepine
Becky Lepine marked it as to-read
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Barb Stacy
Barb Stacy marked it as to-read
Aaron  Polish
Aaron Polish marked it as to-read
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Barbara Zitsch
Barbara Zitsch marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Riveting Read! 1 2 Oct 12, 2013 12:55AM
  • Lethal Confessions
  • The Life and Times of the Bayou Banditos
  • The Wrath of Karma
  • The Cure for Love: A Novel about Life's Most Sublime Affliction
  • Spitfire (The Silver Oaks Series, # 3)
  • Dear Bully of Mine
  • Kissed by Madness
  • Minerva Day
  • Running In The Blue
  • Official Street Queen
  • The Prostate Monologues: What Every Man Can Learn from My Humbling, Confusing, and Sometimes Comical Battle With Prostate Cancer
I don't beat around the bush when it comes to stroytelling. I strive to find ways of expressing my own thoughts, beliefs, and unique way of looking at the world through my characters' words and actions.

My books contain foul language, unethical behavior, addiction, greed, etc. If that offends you, there's a great chance you'll never appreciate my work. If you can look past the rough surface, you'l
More about Benjamin Ryan T....