Start by marking “The Storm in My Mind” as Want to Read:
The Storm in My Mind

The Storm in My Mind

The Storm in my Mind... is a collective narrative of events, habits, stereotypes and idiosyncrasies revolving around the contemporary society of Kolkata. It is a story of love as much as it is of hatred, passion, friendship, trust, misunderstandings, nostalgia and love for his city. It is the story of Aryan, his Kolkata and his mellowing heart that makes confessions of the ...more
Published 2013 by Srishti Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Storm in My Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm in My Mind

Pevel Mitra
Feb 05, 2014 Pevel Mitra rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paulomi Banerjee
Well, da book, comprising crispy dialogues and spicy emotions conveys the very psyche of our gen-x. The notions of love, infatuation, dating, chatting and break up as well, become connotative enough to reflect the insatiable ‘coolness’ of 21st century youths… overall, it endows with a chunk of entertainment out of a very frivolous and wacky mood so, it would be a pleasurable attempt to read it!
b00k r3vi3ws
Rating - 2 and a half stars

‘The Storm in My Mind’, set in the backdrop of Kolkata, is essentially the story of a boy Aryan. Starting with his early years, the story chronicles his life with all its ups and downs, achievements and failures, from education to his career and his relationships with Kaira and Anushka. Balancing his life between studies, work and two girls is not easy, but Aryan takes on the challenge and soon learns a few of life’s lessons.

The characters are true to life for sure. Th
Sankrutyayan
Jan 14, 2015 Sankrutyayan rated it it was ok
Diving directly into the book, I think Kolkata was not discussed enough to be made a part of the title; yet he tried to give us tiny glimpses of life in Kolkata. Graveyard shift – Oh it is a felicitous noun. I have found this book despite a very huge heap of bland stories about love and other commercial words. I was hoaxed by the cover design which is apt to the title. The title is also ideal to the story but the cover does not go along with the story, nowhere connected. Leaving behind every ...more
Kalyan Panja
Nov 07, 2013 Kalyan Panja rated it really liked it
The Storm in my Mind is the story of Aryan, his Kolkata and his melodious mind that crafts affirmation of the era he has witnessed and is a combined description of dealings, behaviour, stereotypes along with eccentricities gyrating in the region of the modern culture of Kolkata and is a tale of adore as much as it is of abhorrence, ardour, amity, belief, confusion, homesickness and adore for his metropolis.
Suman Bhattacharya
Nov 07, 2013 Suman Bhattacharya rated it it was amazing
I really liked the concept - a boy, his journey and the city. The cover idea is also excellent. I like the way writer changed the course of events - not exactly chapters (though they are numbered) but more in narrations, like a diary.
Diptendu Gupta
Nov 07, 2013 Diptendu Gupta rated it really liked it

A very good one time read especially with the female character , Kaira for a 100 INR , looking forward to more similar work from Ayaan
Suyash Karangutkar
Oct 22, 2014 Suyash Karangutkar rated it it was amazing
do not understand what I should say about this book. Words will fall short if I describe this book with them. This spellbound book is just awesome! Well, it was sent to me by my friend and avid author, Ayaan Basu just three days back and from the moment it was delivered it has not been away from my hand.
The novel basically brings-up a story of a teenager who falls in love with two girls and later faces betrayal. Depressions, frustration, tears, astonishment (bad and good) and lots of emoticons
Amrit Sinha
Nov 14, 2013 Amrit Sinha rated it liked it
Sometimes you come across a novel that floods you with memories, nostalgia abounding in your senses, as you sip through the pages with a hot cup of tea, reminiscing the long lost days, when you were younger, looking up to face the world with the view of an explorer, failing and learning. ‘The Storm In My Mind’ does exactly that to me, as I unravel the simplicity in the words wrapped in the pages.

‘The Storm In My Mind’ is the story of Aryan Roy, an engineering student, and his relationship with h
Sarika Patkotwar
Dec 02, 2013 Sarika Patkotwar rated it liked it
*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of The Storm in My Mind by Ayaan Basu from Srishti Publishers and Distributors in exchange for an honest review. We thank the publishing house for the book!

The rustic cover of Ayaan Basu's The Storm in My Mind had me thinking that the book would be a walk down the captivating and famous city of Kolkata. Although the book did have a lot of factual information on the streets, people and life of and in Kolkata, it was more the story of Kolkata boy Aryan Ro
Subhanil Banerjee
Jan 18, 2014 Subhanil Banerjee rated it really liked it
Well, nothing to say about the cover design and the photography. The book cover itself content a strong message. Thanks to Srishti and Team once again, for giving me this wonderful Reading Experience. 'A Relationship, can be complicated by time, but can be reliable by situations.' My cities beauty disclose with a proper Art. By a Spectacular Artist. Ayaan done a great job. For an Author its a very difficult job to narrate two things simultaneously, but Ayaan paint it by his own with class. ...more
Renjith
Jan 10, 2014 Renjith rated it liked it
I heard conflicting reviews about this book and I ordered it as the story is set against the backdrop of the historic city of Kolkata. Little did I know that the plot was as gripping as the magnificent city.

The book succeeds in delivering the smell of the city - from shopping malls to hawkers to narrow streets to pubs.

Being a triangular love story, it is refreshingly different (I know the word “different” is a cliché, but here it clearly serves the purpose). The narrative is gripping throughout
Amit Gupta
Jun 15, 2015 Amit Gupta rated it it was ok
The Storm in my mind....Ami, Kolkata and Confessions is a collective narrative of events, habits, stereotypes and idiosyncrasies revolving around the contemporary society of Kolkata as narrated by Aryan Roy, central protagonist of our story. It is a story of his love, hatred, passion, friendship, trust, misunderstandings, nostalgia and a boy's incomparable love for his city.

Narrated in the first person, the book delves straight away into the love story of Aryan who works at a call centre. I init
Shilpa Garg
Dec 02, 2013 Shilpa Garg rated it it was ok
Aryan meets Anushka while he was exploring different chat rooms of Yahoo Messenger and falls in love with her. She considers him to be her good friend and rejects his love. This rejection and dejection creates a storm in his mind and leaves him confused. They meet again a few years later, build on their relationship and she rejects him yet again. Aryan then falls in love with Anushka’s friend, Kaira. They seemed to be good together and when everything was falling in place, Anushka comes back ...more
VaultOfBooks
Jan 02, 2014 VaultOfBooks rated it did not like it
By Ayaan Basu. Grade D

The saying “do not judge a book by its cover” holds true for this book. And no, I’m not saying that in a positive way. When I read the title and the blurb, I thought I was in for a wonderful ride. I started reading this book with the hope that it would be something different, inspiring of sorts. But sadly, it turned out to be yet another love story of a boy in Kolkata.

The story revolves around Aryan Roy, a college student who works part time at Wipro. One day, out of the bl
Sundeep Supertramp
Foreword:

Like various other books, even this book was sent by Arup Bose - our Srishti stacker - for reviewing.

I without much thought accepted this book to review because it written by a Bengali. Though I hadn't had a chance earlier to read any book by a Bengali (I aspire to read Amitav Ghosh and others soon), I know the true artistic potential of a Bengali. For instance, take their movies. I marvel at why most of their movies are off the grid!

That reminds me of an answer by one of my friends, wh
Chinmay
Nov 10, 2013 Chinmay rated it it was amazing
A must read for young Indians. Mr Ayaan has perfectly ported the way most of the young person goes through now-a-days. I loved Ayaan's erudite and amusing writing throughout the book.

The theme is new and original. All 3 pillars of the story (Aryan, Kolkata and Confessions) have been solidly founded and get revealed as the story progresses. The diversion from chapter 9/10 makes the book more interesting which kept me going till the end in a single stretch. Character development kept happening unt
Vijay Agrawal
Jan 17, 2014 Vijay Agrawal rated it really liked it
Interesting and engaging story!
Excellently designed cover and catchy title of the book is the reason why I was eager to read this book.

The best part of the story is, the author Ayaan Basu has successfully kept his narrative engaging through out. Series of conflicts at regular intervals pursues the reader to finish the story in a single sitting.

What I wonder is why the book title includes 'Ami Kolkata and Confessions'? Neither it's a Kolkata specific story line (it can happen anywhere on this ear
Ravi Jain
There are many people who hate Chetan Bhagat, his books and his style of writing. I would not go as far as saying that I’m a fan but I definitely respect the man. He broke the traditional norms of writing and created a unique style which appealed even to people who seldom read. His USP was to write about his life in plainest English and this strategy worked. Then came a plethora of me-toos, with their dumb stories and an even dumber language. But the craze for such books hasn’t faded and many ...more
Udita Pal
Jan 17, 2014 Udita Pal rated it really liked it

Must read :D
Hey Ayaan !
Done with your book. Honestly I was not in mood of reading. My boards are around corner so I packed nearly 400 books but I was not able to pack amazon packet. Around 10:00 pm at night I started reading. And I love it. Sometimes you come across a book which touches your soul Ami, Kolkata… was same. I will rate it 4/5. There were places which required little more details and some required less. Over all my experience with book was nice. I felt like I was there. Living each
Mayank Kashyap
Jan 17, 2014 Mayank Kashyap rated it liked it
The 1st thing i would like to say is i loved the cover.oh! i can frame it. its a good nice love story which is lil different from others. I liked the native touch. The author certainly has the factor to hold the readers. Though there were some spelling mistakes but I know those have been corrected, so that issue is nullified. I believe the author has much more potential and he can write better than this and m sure he'll but it doesn't mean this book is not good.For the 1st novel its really a ...more
Santosh Panda
The book is a quick, short and a good read. It is only of 158 pages and more or less it seems as an autobiography of the author, Ayaan Basu.

The Story is something like this,

In a technology dominant era, where social networking sites are common, Aryan meets Anushka through Yahoo Messenger and falls in love with her after some days of chatting and spending some time together. The day he gets sure of his feelings for Anushka, he proposes her. But.... for more click here:
Shikha
Jan 17, 2014 Shikha rated it really liked it
A blend of Facts and Emotions!! I simply loved sailing thru it.
After a long time I read a book which was not just a love story or a relationship story. In fact as I read the book I felt the city 'Kolkata well', I hv now a craving to visit it.

Now coming to the story, one guy (Bad luck with girl), pure at heart and intentions, two females who cud not understand his soul. One confused with herself one too Open with herself.

I loved each and every word of it, I strongly recommend this book to those
Riyanka Paul
Apr 06, 2014 Riyanka Paul rated it really liked it
nice book..i love reading books so whenever i get time i don't miss the chance,so one day randomly picked up this book n read it..

loved the male protagonist,all the characters are good but i liked "aryan" most,the way the author has described is superb...after being defeated by fate so many times,he actually never gave up n due to his strong mentality n determination he took his life to a new level,this is a must read..

well done :) (y)
Aditi
Oct 31, 2013 Aditi rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-reviews
it was pretty good story for a first time author..but the story was not at all intriguing..in fact it was completely a teenage drama..which may not strike with all types of readers..overall..the story could have been much more interesting..also there were quite a number of spelling mistakes..even the way of writing was not at all good..
Diwakar Narayan
Nov 03, 2013 Diwakar Narayan rated it it was ok
A good read from a first time author. Though the story becomes predictable at places, it is still interesting to read the all love drama that it presents. The editing of the book should have been done more carefully.
Sobhan Pramanik
Nov 09, 2013 Sobhan Pramanik rated it liked it
Ayaan Basu as a debutante has done a commendable job.
It is a romance fiction themed in Kolkata and deals with the complexities that befalls the protagonist as he tries to fetch true love.
KIRAN
Nov 11, 2016 KIRAN added it
A Desi love story with all the elements of a soap opera.
Romi
Romi rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Shifali Gulati
Shifali Gulati rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014

“Being in love with someone is truly a wonderful feeling but being loved by that same someone is a heavily experience” 2 likes
“I cannot disregard my past but I can always make a better present with you” 1 likes