Start by marking “Indiscreet” as Want to Read:
Indiscreet

Indiscreet

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Their desperate need for each other has become less than discreet...

Benedict Wincross appears in Camilla Ferrand's life as quickly as the gunfire pursuing him. Is he a kidnapper? A thief? Or worse? What has Camilla so innocently become part of?

Though his name belies the fact, Benedict Wincross, Lord Rawdon, is obviously no gentleman. But Camilla realizes he may be just wh
Mass Market Paperback, 401 pages
Published November 1st 1997 by Mira Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Indiscreet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indiscreet

Ilze
Candace Camp's "Indiscreet"
Blyech. What a trainwreck. Complete wallpaper but set in the early 1800's. Virginal unmarried 26-year-old noblewoman takes a hired coach *by herself* without even a maid to accompany her (a complete no-no for someone in her position), with an unknown driver, from London to her grandfather's estate because he is dying. A dark and stormy night ensues, and her coach falls over on a muddy track because her driver is drunk and lost. After attempting to fight off someone sh
Rosi
Indiscreet is my first Candace Camp novel. I was very pleased with the characters, especially the hero: Benedict. He met his match in the infuriating yet charming Ms. Ferrand. He agrees to be her pretend fiancée so that she can follow through with the lie she created for the sake of her grandfather's health. He reluctantly agrees only for the sake of his country. Their chemistry is obvious, but they handle it with witt and sarcasm. The romance came after a mutual respect was formed but Benedict ...more
Sandra
Jul 24, 2014 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Historical Romance
Recommended to Sandra by: No one
Candace Camp has given us another very good novel with a strong female character and an equally strong male character so we know there will be friction that will also ignite their passion.

Camilla had told her ailing grandfather an untruth, that she was engaged to a Mister Lassiter, knowing he would rest easier. Benedict drops into her lap and she decides to have him play the part of Lassiter and he for his own reasons (looking for smugglers and a spy) agrees.

And so the mystery, adventure, and
Paty Hamdan
Candace Camp foi uma das maiores responsáveis pela minha paixão por livros históricos com um toque de mistério, ela sabe que casar muito bem essa receita, desde que li sua serie as casamenteiras ( que aqui no Brasil foi lançada como Cupidos), nunca deixe de ler livros delas, como sempre alguns surpreendem e outros nem tanto, mas, sempre é um prazer ter seus livros em minha prateleira.

Indiscreta e um livro que segue seu mode tradicional, mocinha independente que não quer se casar verso mocinho tu
Lynda
Good premises...I liked Benedicts and Camilla's contentious rocky start to their relationship.
Diana
Camilla needs a fake fiance in order to ease her dying grandfather's mind; Bendict needs entry into her family estate in order to discover who has been killing English spies. When their paths collide, they use each other for their own goals, and find themselves growing closer.

Without the impish charm of Suddenly, but this story was still a good one. There's more deception involved and a little more animosity between Benedict and Camilla, but the story heats up and Benedict becomes a charming her
LibraryDanielle
not too bad. kind of silly in places, but its a romance.
camilla is in a bind. she told her grandfather, the earl of chevington, that she had a fiancee when she didn't. she created dear mr lassiter out of the air. and now she's been called home to see her sick grandfather. but wait! salvation appears in the guise of a rogue and a gentleman named sedgewick! benedict, the rogue, will play the part of camilla's fiancee in order to roust out a traitor. but can they pull the scheme off?
Deanna Noble
This was a bit hard to read in the beginning. I kept thinking "Oh this is going to be one of those books where the heroine is a complete idiot!" In a way she was but i didn't have anything else to read. I must say I was completely overtaken by the story line. I absolutely loved this book. It just got better and better as I read. Definately recommend it.
Ana
I skipped through all of the "who dunnit" parts. I like my romance books to concentrate more on the romance. I really don't care much for mysteries and stuff overpowering the love story between the hero and heroine.
Eve Thomas
I liked it. It wasn't too angsty, and the plot was decent. I'm usually able to figure out the villain pretty quickly, and this time I wasn't completely sure who it was until the end.
BJ Rose
H/h meet, decide to use the other to achieve their own ends, lie and/or withhold important information from each other, fall in love anyway. OK story, but not a keeper.
Harlequin Books
Category: Historical Romance
Donna
Good book.
CJ Vaughn
CJ Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Hope
Hope added it
Jan 20, 2015
Mary Grace
Mary Grace marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Katherine Wright
Katherine Wright marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Alees
Alees marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Lissa
Lissa added it
Dec 30, 2014
  • The Angel and the Prince
  • The Way to a Duke's Heart (The Truth About the Duke, #3)
  • Red Roses Mean Love
  • Captain's Price
  • The Rejected Suitor
  • In the Thrill of the Night (Merry Widows, #1)
  • Whisper (Harlequin Blaze #47)
  • Her Counterfeit Husband
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Love Letters
  • Under the Magnolia
  • Forbidden Fantasy
  • Untouched
  • Bliss
  • Liberty for Paul (Scandalous Sisters #2)
  • My Fair Temptress (Governess Brides, #7)
  • The Golden Season
  • All Smiles (Mayfair Square, #2)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...
The Marriage Wager (The Matchmakers #1) The Courtship Dance (The Matchmakers #4) The Bridal Quest (The Matchmakers #2) The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmakers #3) Impulse