Start by marking “Rescuing Rosalind” as Want to Read:
Rescuing Rosalind

Rescuing Rosalind (Six Rogues and Their Ladies #4)

When frigate Captain Buckingham Kernow-Smith encounters a sprite in a topiary garden going by the name of "Gannymede," he remembers his Shakespeare. Pulling off her stocking cap, he reveals the character of "Rosalind" from As You Like It, played, in this case, by the appealing Fanny Edwards.

Three years pass. The War over, Buck encounters his Rosalind at a ball, where she h
Published March 16th 2013 by Orson Whitney Press (first published March 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Rescuing Rosalind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescuing Rosalind

H.B. Moore
Jan 05, 2015 H.B. Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fans of regency romance will fall in love with Fanny, aka Rosalind, from the first scene in Rescuing Rosalind. When Fanny meets Captain Buckingham (Buck), Marquis of Deal, as she playacts the character of Gannymede (As You Like It), readers will know they’re in for an adventurous and entertaining story. Unfortunately, Fanny is only seventeen, or in Fanny’s words “a great many months older than seventeen,” and Captain Buck is only on a short leave before returning to sea.

Fast forward three years
Sara Cardon
Jun 08, 2015 Sara Cardon rated it liked it
Shelves: regency, fiction
This has a cute beginning and follows Rosalind (Fanny), an aspiring actress, through her mishaps in London society as she acts different parts in her day to day. Captain Buckingham, Buck, sees through it all and falls for the real girl, and the two together are... at different times... funny, sweet, confusing and confused, a bit juvenille, and drawn to one another. They had things settled between them more quickly than I expected. It seemed a little instant once they flipped that switch. I could ...more
Whitebeard Books
Jul 22, 2016 Whitebeard Books rated it really liked it
I am totally enjoying this series from G.G. Candagriff. i have enjoyed having characters return from previous tales and the resulting inter-relationships. Good storytelling and solid writing. I'm onto the next in the series already.
Heather
Mar 18, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance

Fast forward three years
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Fanny is an adventurous young lady whose desires do not fit in with civilized society. She wants to be an actress, but the structure of her station make that an impossibility.

Buck has recently returned to London after serving in the Kings Navy as a Captain. He was enchanted with Fanny when he met her three years prior, at which time he nicknamed her Rosalind. Marriage and romance are not part of his immediate plans, but with a feisty young lady like Rosalind, they become a necessity.

Rescuing Ros
Melissa
Really liked this fourth novel in G.G. Vandagriff's rogues series. This novel tells the story of Fanny who uses Shakespeare to escape from the abuse she received from her mother. At the age of 17, she is awaiting her debut in society and is staying with her sister Elise who is married to a Duke. Fanny meets the somewhat jaded friend of the Duke's Capt. Buck while playacting a scene from As You Like It in the garden. Buck falls for this spritely girl and from that point calls her Rosalind. The ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
RESCUING ROSALIND by G.G. Vandagriff is an interesting Regency Historical Romance. A fast paced tale of love,passion,secrets,scandal,the theater,and a damsel in distress. An interesting story of a sea captain,Captain Buckingham Kernow-Smith (Buck) and his lady actress, Fanny, aka Rosalind. Of course you have a bit of Shakespeare,"As You Like It",and Covent Garden theater,with a headstrong Rosalind and secretive Buck readers can't go wrong with this intriguing Regency. If you enjoy Regency ...more
Theresa
Jul 23, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it
Fanny can't stand society norms and continues to bristle against them. Her mischevious ways are nearly her ruin.

Buck is a navy captain who is very bored with the ton. He has no idea what to do since the war is over but he can't keep his mind off Fanny, his Rosalind.

Together they get into mischeif and eventually fall in love. They are perfectly suited.

Quite a few things keep them apart including a duel, a very sick sister ( reminded me of both Little Women and Sense and Sensibility), and Buck bei
Keri
May 10, 2016 Keri rated it really liked it
Excellent book

The only drawback to this book is that the hero and heroine were only together for roughly the first half to three quarters of the book. The rest of the time they were separated for somewhat false allegations. The heroines sister and her husband the duke have become a little pretentious in this book as opposed to the way they were in their own story. Nevertheless I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the last book of this series which is the story of the third sister, Sophie.
Charissa
Nov 27, 2013 Charissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This was a different twist to the Regency-type romances. Captain Buckingham Kernow-Smith runs into a girl dressed up as a boy and pretending to be Rosalind from a Shakespeare play. ‘Rosalind’ ends up being the beautiful, but rambunctious, Fanny Edwards. Three years pass before the two characters meet again, and the Captain finds that ‘Rosalind’ snubs the rules of the ton and dances on the edge of what is proper. He is intrigued by her, despite his aversion to marriage; but they seem to draw ...more
Cathy
May 13, 2013 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun story. I liked Rosalind, she's a very interesting character, very unconventional in a very conventional world. I also like Buck, he's a very manly man, sailor of the seven seas, never planning to settle down anywhere. Most of the time, the story line moves right along, but it does seem to drag a bit in the middle. Regency romance is one of my very favorite genres, especially when done right, and G G Vandegriff is one of the best at this genre. You won't regret picking this book ...more
Sheryl
Feb 04, 2014 Sheryl rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Regency Romance Readers
Recommended to Sheryl by: Free Kindle List if books
Well formed characters. A slim read but believable. Well toned, and despite not many pages I am hard pressed to say what could of been added because the story flowed effortlessly and concluded at the ending as this type of romance usually ends. I enjoyed the interplay between thw characters and couldn't put this book down. I am grateful there are oher books rounding out this cast of characters. I shall look them up to read.
Cathy
Dec 26, 2015 Cathy rated it liked it
I really did enjoy this book loving both of the main characters, the plot, and particularly the writing style - very appropriate verbiage and regency-era slang. The drop to 3 stars resulted from a rushed ending with large periods of time suddenly glossed over and a few unfinished plot threads: who shot Buck and what happened to him. The final chapters should have been better developed and fleshed out; after all, it isn't all about the chase but the catch, too. All too suddenly it was over.
Bethack
Jun 13, 2016 Bethack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: period-pieces
Although this was a short book it read like a long one. There were at least 4 spots where I thought the story could of ended but no there was additional complications. Rosalind was annoying in the choices she made. Saved once she goes and does the same stupid thing all over again. This book has great potential but too much plot if there is such a thing.
Gayle
Jul 16, 2013 Gayle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2013
4.5 stars. A fun Regency story with a very feisty heroine! It was interesting to get a sense of the "rules" of the upper society and what types of things were acceptable for women. I haven't read any of this author's Regency stories (which I understand have some characters in common with this one), but I will be checking them out!
InD'tale Magazine
Rescuing Rosalind sweeps the reader into the distant times of propriety, balls and English nobility with well-written prose, believable and engaging characters and descriptive scenery.

Read full review in the 2013 May issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of G G Vandagriff, I loved this book as much as the others I have read in this collection. Fanny is a great girl with fire and imagination, and Buck is just the man to keep up with her latest scheme.
Greymalkin
Oct 15, 2013 Greymalkin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A sweet romance. Nothing super unique but it is well written, with a decent cast of characters. I do wish that Rosalind wasn't *quite* so impetuous, but since she did suffer for her mistakes, I am not as annoyed as I am by most books with flutterbrained damsels in distress.
G.G. Vandagriff
Mar 28, 2013 G.G. Vandagriff rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Of course I love it. This is my best Regency!

"Regency romance in the style of Austen and Heyer. Love as it's meant to be written!"--InDtale Magazine

"Another Regency Delight from G.G. Vandagriff."--Meridian Magazine
Donna
Jul 28, 2015 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vintage-romance
This heroine bugged me. She is annoyingly thoughtless of her actions and how they effect others. She should have been written as a blond with ADHD! Then there is the fact that the book should have ended just over half way through. I forced myself to finish.
Michele Lacroix
I loved this book. I can't remember if it was a freebee or it only cost .99. I loved the characters of Fanny and Buck, the only problem I had with it was who ordered the hit on Buck? Ms. Vandagriff never did say and that bothered me.
Anne Schell
Mar 06, 2016 Anne Schell rated it really liked it
Delightful easy read

I enjoyed this book and the series. It is nice to visit old friends and see how their lives are progressing while being entertained with the new stories
Pat
Another thoroughly enjoyable Regency romp by GG Vandagriff. Clean, romantic, dramatic and funny. Loved the storyline as well as the main characters...and supporting ones as well.
Julie
Mar 18, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got to read an advanced copy of this one and I loved it! Lots of fun, some great romance with some solid character growth to give it depth. One of GG's best regencies so far.
Emily
Jun 26, 2016 Emily rated it it was ok
was only so-so. I like recency books but the language in this one was especially hard to understand and stay interested in.
Sheila Sharp
Jun 18, 2015 Sheila Sharp rated it it was ok
Very light reading

Previously read the Barron and the Bluestocking and quite enjoyed it. This one did not have characters with enough depth or story.
Rebecca Fronckowiak
May 10, 2014 Rebecca Fronckowiak rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable story

Story has good characters and an interesting plot. I enjoyed this book, would recommend to anyone who likes romance novels.
Melanie Lindsay
Melanie Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2013
Leana
Leana rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
April
April rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Blood For Ink (Scarlet Plumiere, #1)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • Miss Armistead Makes Her Choice
  • Lady Dearing's Masquerade
  • A Lady By Any Other Name
  • Once Upon A Diamond
  • In Love and War: A Collection of Love Stories
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • The Sweetest Kiss (Brothers of Worthington, #1)
  • Romancing Lady Stone (School of Gallantry, # 6)
  • Wildfire Kiss
  • The Daisy Chain (An Aliso Creek Novella)
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid (Kellington, #1)
  • Mine, All Mine
  • The Silverton Scandal
  • Ruined by a Rake (All's Fair in Love, #1)
  • Marrying Christopher (Hearthfire Romance, #3)
G.G. Vandagriff is the author of twenty-four books and is an Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. The Last Waltz, the first novel in her 20th Century Historical Romance Series won the Whitney Award for Best Historical Novel in 2009. There are now two more books in that series—Exile and Defiance.
Nine of her novels are Regency romances, compared by critics to the witty novels of Georgette Heyer. She has a
More about G.G. Vandagriff...

Six Rogues and Their Ladies (6 books)
  • The Duke's Undoing
  • The Taming of Lady Kate
  • Miss Braithwaite's Secret (Six Rogues and Their Ladies Book 3)
  • Lord Trowbridge's Angel
  • The Baron and The Bluestocking (Six Rogues and Their Ladies Book 6)