Start by marking “Cryptozoic Man #1” as Want to Read:
Cryptozoic Man #1

Cryptozoic Man #1 (Cryptozoic Man #1)

From Walt Flanagan and Bryan Johnson of AMC TV's "Comic Book Men" comes "Cryptozoic Man"! Alan Ostman, a middle-aged husband/father, sees his life quickly unravel when his daughter goes missing on a camping trip in the Pacific Northwest...Bigfoot country. After Gray aliens abduct him from a roadside bar, he learns that the fate of the world is dependent on trapping the ...more
Published October 9th 2013 by Dynamite Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Cryptozoic Man #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cryptozoic Man #1

Sam Quixote
Oct 11, 2013 Sam Quixote rated it did not like it
Utter garbage from start to finish, easily one of the worst comics of the year. Bryan and Walter are Comic Book Men who know nothing about creating good comics. Read the full review here!
مصطفي سليمان
اخترت اسخف تخيل ممكن وعملته
واو
Shannon Marshall Lush
Nov 11, 2015 Shannon Marshall Lush rated it did not like it

(Note, while this is posted in reference to the first issue, this review actually encompasses all 4 issues..I just didn't want to post it individually to each entry!)

I will begin by stating it actually offends me as a Canadian to consider that our trees were turned into paper in order to produce this drivel. As a tremendous fan of Bryan Johnson, Walter Flanagan, and everything they have accomplished with their podcast and TV series, the term 'dissapointment' doesn't even begin to scratch the sur
Shane Cormier
Oct 31, 2014 Shane Cormier rated it it was amazing
Wow talk about some haters on here. I loved the books. Stories and art. Some of the insults on this page are just retarded. Ashamed they used canadian trees to make this book. Wow cant get more creative than that lol. I personally thought the story and art were amazing and Ive been reading comics since I was a child. But then again I like all sorts of art and there isnt much I dislike because I respect creativity no matter how good or bad stupid people think it is. So i give it 5 stars and hope ...more
Emill Kim
Mar 16, 2015 Emill Kim rated it did not like it
Cryotizoic Man was written and created by the stars of Kevin Smith's TV show, Comic Book Men. Being a fan of the show, I was really looking forward to reading this comic since it was featured in two episodes.

I really, really wanted to love this comic but...

It is an incomprehensible mess that is impossible to follow. I cannot understand how men who immerse themselves in comics daily can put out a unedited mess like this. I can't believe Dynamite Comics could release a comic book this bad.

Terribl
Brian
May 22, 2014 Brian rated it liked it
Mostly world building and backstory but since it is the first in a 4 book run, that's to be expected. Might feel disjointed if you're not paying close attention. Johnson expects the reader to connect the dots.

As a person with no drawing ability, I'm impressed with the art. I'm not qualified to judge how it compares to other prominent graphic novel artists.

Overall, I enjoyed the setup and I'm curious to see where it goes.
Demian Katz
Aug 24, 2014 Demian Katz rated it did not like it
This is shockingly awful -- a ridiculous premise, executed incomprehensibly, with a dash of pretension. Some of the monster art is okay, I guess, though clearly heavily influenced by Rob Bottin's special effects work on John Carpenter's version of The Thing (which, if you have to borrow monsters from something, is probably not a bad choice).
Karl Sellars
Karl Sellars rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2014
Jeremy Jordan
Jeremy Jordan rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Ezra Bokor
Ezra Bokor rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2013
Joel Neff
Joel Neff rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Cairnraiser
Oct 19, 2014 Cairnraiser rated it did not like it
I generally enjoy offbeat books, but this was just too incoherent and bizarre.
Sherilyn
Wut the hell did I just read?
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Bryan VanGelder
Bryan VanGelder rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2014
Tamara
Tamara rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Pam
Aug 19, 2014 Pam rated it did not like it
The Invisibles did it better.
Chris Mcdermott
Chris Mcdermott rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2014
Ryan Pennell
Ryan Pennell rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2014
Kevin Bednarz
Kevin Bednarz rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2014
Big-al Wheat
Big-al Wheat rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Hackebeilchen
Hackebeilchen rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2015
Ernesta
Ernesta rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2014
Walter Flanagan is a comic book store manager, reality television personality, podcaster, comic book artist, actor and songwriter. Flanagan is a long-time friend of Kevin Smith, and (according to Smith's book Silent Bob Speaks) it was Flanagan who had turned Smith onto comic books.

Flanagan is co-host of the "Tell 'Em Steve-Dave!" podcast with longtime friends Bryan Johnson and Brian Quinn. Flanaga
More about Walter Flanagan...

Cryptozoic Man (4 books)