Start by marking “Owning Corey” as Want to Read:
Owning Corey

Owning Corey

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  1,032 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
WHEN introverted doctor Ben Hardy's high maintenance girlfriend wants to introduce a little more kink into their love life, he doesn't expect it to come in the form of the hunky EMT who just moved to Blackwood. Ben's not gay, but DAMN! He can definitely see why all the women turn to mush when the new guy's around. Baby blue eyes, flirtatious smile, body of an underwear ...more
Published August 11th 2013 by newBIGmedia (first published August 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Owning Corey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Owning Corey

Try by Ella FrankThe Magpie Lord by K.J. CharlesCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatGlitterland by Alexis  HallSocial Skills by Sara Alva
Best M/M Book by a Debut Author of 2013
54th out of 116 books — 797 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonTry by Ella FrankWithout Reservations by J.L. Langley
Best "Out For You" Romance
271st out of 636 books — 1,559 voters

More lists with this book...

Tami (synchro from BL)
Dec 28, 2013 Tami (synchro from BL) rated it did not like it
MFM PWP turned into Cinderfella-Insta-Love-Fest

This was blessedly a free read.

Because it was bad, so bad.

It started with a strictly straight sexy and rich Doctor who has self-esteem issues (suspend disbelieve) who dates the hottest b!tch in town. This sexy female wants a threesome with the sexy new guy in town. And then the three get sexy together.

Maybe you can smell a theme here...right, everybody is sexy.

So after dumping the b!tch, because, really, she wanted a threesome, she is a bad person
Natalie
I think I enjoyed this story more than I should, and certainly more than it deserves, given the staggering amount of misogyny here. The women are all stupid, lascivious, and/or manipulative, and the main characters' view of them (the narration is alternating first-person POV) is hideous.

To wit:
I'm afraid that if I invite one over here, within a week she'll have her little pink toothbrush in my bathroom, then her millions of shoes in my closet, then her diet food in my fridge, then she'll want to
Heidi
**This review contains spoilers**
Where do I start? This book was going fine to about the mark and then it just came to a screeching halt – literally drowning in ridiculousness.

Ben, who is a straight, small town, hot stud doctor, (Chief of Staff no less) falls for new EMT Corey who is also not gay (well he is but he isn’t). Anyhoo, they decide to have a ménage with Ben’s current fuck of the week Christina – at her suggestion, to spice and add some kink to the relationship.

Things don’t work out w
Silkeeeeee
I’m not sure what possessed me to buy this book, but I’m glad I did. This story is the type of sugar sweet I like. Gay for you, insta love and all of that crap. I know some people hate that. I’m glad I’m not one of them. Fun read with a good storyline. Oh, forgot to mention. It's hot! Two MFM ménage scenes. The rest are MM.
Anke
Oct 06, 2013 Anke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooo, I saw this on the new and best-selling list on amazon, tried the sample, bought it and started reading at once. Then something funny happened - the 'voice' of Ben was getting on my nerves and I had to take a break. Then I tried to finish my currently reading books and returned to this one and what can I say, suddenly I fell in love with it! I got totally gripped and it was a joy to follow Ben's development from the anti-social guy opening up to Corey and as a result forming a friendship ...more
Dee Wy
Readers beware there are some girly parts in two scenes, but not enough to distract me from how hot Corey and Ben are when they are together. Some really smoldering scenes between the two of them. And I surprised myself with how much I actually liked the angst that kept them from seeing it could be a long term relationship. Really enjoyed their journey to an HEA. Now I want to read more from this author.
Emma Sea
Dec 29, 2013 Emma Sea marked it as hell-no
Sock joined up just to say this.
Vivian
Nov 25, 2013 Vivian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp, own
Started alright and then started to unravel.
Karl
Dec 29, 2013 Karl rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I liked this cinderfella story and found myself becoming invested in both main characters (although I had to keep myself from being hypercritical of the medical parts of the story). The melodrama at the end was a bit overdone for me (and too neatly resolved)- otherwise my rating would have been higher.
Kavisha
Dec 19, 2013 Kavisha rated it did not like it
I just couldnt get over how both MC's treated the women in this book!
Macky
Audio Book Review.
Book: 4.5 stars
Narrator J.F Harding : 5 stars

Every now and again I do slip the odd audiobook into my 'reading' regime, but this is the first time I've ever reviewed one because... honestly...I find it much harder to retain a storyline when listening, than taking in the written word on page. My mind tends to wander if I'm not seeing the words, especially at night if I'm listening in bed and a bit dopey to start with. Dozing off, then coming around to find I've missed a good chu
Matthew
Oct 06, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. No offense to the ladies but the one complaint I had were the sex scenes with women but I read on because I felt they were somewhat important to the plot.
Love it all bookworm
Sep 24, 2015 Love it all bookworm rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, medical, audio-mm
4.5 Doc stars

"He's such an adorable geek, I just want to eat him with a spoon"

description

I just love this story!!! Dr Ben Hardy chief of staff and Corey Butler EMT. They just made this amazing couple. At times the story felt like it was on speed - there were parts I would have loved to be a bit slower and more personal - but I still loved it!!!

¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★
Aww, such sweetness inside!

3-3.5 Hearts ~Cory & Ben

Gosh, I love thier chemistry.

I love the (view spoiler)

I love that New Year's Eve (view spoiler)

I love Cory & Ben

what did not work for me~

The on-page fem bits---> done twice.

Tully Vincent
Sep 04, 2015 Tully Vincent rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, bdsm
Probably 3.5 stars
Corey and Ben were hot together and the writing was good. But the book was inconsistent for me. Some parts very enjoyable, others confusing, and a few not to my personal liking.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
80% price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US! 10/1/13
Kim
Sep 23, 2013 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book started on such a high note for me and then just went off the rails. I loved Ben in the beginning: the cold, impersonal doctor who can't make friends and is really a jerk. But he turns into a person I don't even recognize by the end of the book. He becomes an overemotional mess. I really wish his character had been more consistent. Yes, he needed to change and his relationship with Corey forced him to open up and show some vulnerability, but did he have to turn into such a sap? He ...more
Linnea
Sep 30, 2014 Linnea rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Just bad.

Bad dialogue, over explanations that is not at all close to how a human actually speaks.

Far fetched and silly overdone plot.

Two M/F/M scenes, one that the reader wasn't even warned about. If I sit down to read an M/M book I'd very much like to know about the females in it.
Dianne
Jan 31, 2015 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh so good!

This book is great! Hot sexy scenes, and emotion. Pulled me in from the start. M/M romance at its best, in my opinion! I'll read more of Ms. Black's work!
Jacq
Apr 02, 2016 Jacq rated it liked it
Smexy where it counts. I had a hard time finding real chemistry though. Plot hmmmm Just ok , HFN ENDING.
Love Bytes Reviews
Oct 08, 2015 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Dan

The author has written a very believable story with full living and breathing characters. To be honest, I’ve read it at least four times. I enjoy it each time as much as the first time.

The book starts out by introducing us to the unapproachable Dr. Ben Hardy, the Chief of Staff at the small urgent care hospital in Blackwood, Georgia. The people in the town and at the hospital love him, even though his nickname unbeknownst to him, is Dr. Ice at the hospital. The scene is a s
Suze
Jan 07, 2016 Suze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this.
The meaning of the title seems a bit odd throughout as Corey is a strong, sef assured guy but it all becomes clear at the end!
Readers who don't like any females getting it on with the MC's should be warned there are females in the mix. I don't mind and the scenes were hot and brought Corey and Ben closer to getting together.
I'm not sure if I'd class this as Ben being 'gayfor Corey' or that his inability to maintain a relationship with a woman was masking his true sexuality. Anyway,
Karen
Aug 19, 2013 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
There were times, mostly in the first half, when I really did not like this book. I briefly considered not finishing it a time or two. I didn't like the tone, and I wasn't sure I liked the characters. I am not, however, one who easily gives up on a book--so, I kept going.

The second part of the book was much better, though there were still times that I rolled my eyes. Some situations just seemed a little too far fetched, and many issues were just too quickly and easily resolved.

It was, for the mo
Florebunda
Ben's girlfriend wants a threesome with the gorgeous new EMT, and that's kind of how Ben and Corey's relationship starts. There are a couple of M/F/M scenes, but the focus is very much on Ben and Corey; this is very much a M/M romance. Ben is thrown when he finds himself attracted to Corey - he's never felt that way about a man before, and Corey has a past of which he's not proud, but they feel such a strong attraction to each other that something has got to give.

I really enjoyed this one. Cold
Kelster
Sep 07, 2014 Kelster rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked Ben and Corey a lot. I liked their personalities as individuals and I liked the way they interacted together. The sex was hot and I believed the emotion and passion behind it. Each man's narrative was engaging and revealing. I especially appreciated the insight gained when Corey's POV was introduced, because it showed a depth and vulnerability I wasn't expecting from him.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
The narrator was pretty good. No rating on the book. Way too many girl parts for too long for me to enjoy. I know I loved this the first time I read it. I guess you can't turn back time.
Michelle
Price drop to 99 cents on Amazon today 10/1.
QUEERcentric Books
Sep 01, 2015 QUEERcentric Books rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jay Chase for QUEERcentric Books

Owning Cory by Maris Black is packed with charged sensuality and intense chemistry.

From the start the sexual tension between Ben and Corey is obvious and their presence is dynamic.

The plot contains a few M/F and M/F/M scenes that pull the story together and are crucial to relationship that builds between Ben and Corey.

Dr. Ben Hardy is straight, proper, and socially awkward. He has closed himself off from having any true feelings while going through the
Elaine
Feb 16, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Corey new to town and everyone knows it in the small town! The Doctor even notices even though he has a girlfriend! Things happen, life changes in a good way. But life and understanding your feelings as they change are not easy. Maris tells the story and she tells it well!! She has you not wanting to put the kindle down, staying up til 1 in the morning and having to get up at 3!!And then reading and being late to work because I was reading!!! I had to call my Supervisor and say I was running ...more
Wendy
Jul 20, 2016 Wendy rated it liked it
Ben is the Chief of Staff at the medical facility in a small town. He's dating a woman who decides that she wants to have a threesome with the hot new EMT, Corey. Thinking she could have the two hottest guys lusting after her, it backfires when the two guys decide they like each other more. But Ben is denying his sexuality, and it takes another threesome with another woman for them to realize their attraction to one another. I wasn't a fan of the storyline, didn't really feel the chemistry ...more
  • Cowboy Waltz
  • Brad's Bachelor Party
  • You Can See Me
  • Just a Bit Obsessed (Straight Guys #2)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Don't Trust the Cut
  • Up-Ending Tad Bundle (Volumes 1, 2, 3) (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery)
  • A Little Too Broken
  • Chase the Storm
  • Plan B
  • Outing the Quarterback (Long Pass Chronicles, #1)
  • With or Without Him
  • Disasterology 101
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • Finding Shelter (Rock Bay, #3)
  • Winter Chill
  • The River Leith
  • Taboo For You (Friends to Lovers #1)

“enthusiasm delights me, makes me laugh. “Yes, it’s an antebellum” 1 likes
“A desperate need to get inside this woman, to claim her away from Ben, to possess her just so he can’t.” 0 likes