Start by marking “Cold Fear” as Want to Read:
Cold Fear

Cold Fear

Macy Donovan battles a terrifying nightmare to protect her two-year-old daughter, Faith from an intruder, and is knocked unconscious. When she regains consciousness, her daughter is missing.

As the police widen their futile search, Macy struggles to pick up the pieces of an unimaginable life. Urged to take a break she heads to an isolated cabin with a girlfriend to recupera
Published November 15th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Cold Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Fear

Brenda
Macy Donovan woke up, disorientated but aware something wasn’t right. Quietly moving toward her two year old daughter Faith’s room, she was horrified to discover the darkened image of a man in front of Faith's door. The feel of intense pain was the last she remembered until she regained consciousness; then the nightmare really began – her beautiful daughter was missing; there was absolutely no sign of her anywhere.

As the days turned into weeks, the police were baffled by Faith’s disappearance –
Michelle
Dec 06, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This was a real page turner that kept you very interested. The author made you feel like you were right there with the characters. I recommend reading this book, you won't be sorry.
Samantha
Dec 21, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery, review, blog
The action of Cold Fear by Suzanne Brandyn begins right away and doesn't end until the last page of the book. Macy Donavan is on the hunt to find the person who kidnapped her daughter from her bed because the police are not working hard enough to help. Faced with the impossible concept that she must start to live her life without her daughter, Macy never gives up hope. How does a mother begin to get back into daily living when her child isn't safely tucked in her arms?

I enjoyed the fast-pace of
Tam
Nov 17, 2013 Tam rated it it was amazing
This is a suspenseful story, one that I couldn't put it down. I think I was one of the first to download it and read it until the late hours of the morning.
Macy Donovan is a strong character who won't give up on searching for her child. Even at the cabin when she meets the ??? (I won't give it away spoiler) she'll do anything to get her daughter back.
With a little romance, it was sweet. I loved the hero, Jack. He was such a darling and infatuated with Macy.
I loved the setting, and I wasn't su
Gina Basham
Feb 06, 2014 Gina Basham rated it really liked it
Very exciting and well written. Plenty of shockers, twists and turns. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a 5 star rating is there were a few too many "don't go into that dark basement alone" moments. Some of the actions of the characters were a little far fetched. I would have liked to get to know the love interest a little better. I would recommend this book, it is a scary read.
Dwayne Keller
Nov 21, 2013 Dwayne Keller rated it liked it
A very suspenseful story about a child abduction from their bed at night. The police are making no progress on the case. If you're a parent, you'll understand the feelings and fear.
Pernette
Jan 14, 2014 Pernette rated it liked it
This is the story of a single mom whose young daughter is abducted. From the first pages you are thrust into an anxiety producing story that is terrifying and suspenseful. You literally are on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next.
Virginia Williams
Nov 22, 2013 Virginia Williams rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this author's voice. She has an amazing ability to capture words and put me right in the heart of the story.

I read it in one sitting, as the suspense fed through the entire novel. A wonderful engaging story I'd recommend for women anywhere.

Margaret Walsh
Margaret Walsh rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2015
C.L.Ridgley
C.L.Ridgley rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Devona Carmel Hughes
Devona Carmel Hughes rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Diane Williams
Diane Williams rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
susan lavender
susan lavender rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2015
guy benham
guy benham rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2016
Lesley
Lesley rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
marilyn huff
marilyn huff rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Lina Grillo
Lina Grillo rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
June clayton
June clayton rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Vicki and Chicka
Vicki and Chicka rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Joy Culver
Joy Culver rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Audrey Schulze
Audrey Schulze rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Helen Masterman
Helen Masterman rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Jaye
Jaye rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Ann Mitchell
Ann Mitchell rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Justine Murphy
Justine Murphy rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Elizabeth Stubbings
Elizabeth Stubbings rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Amazon Kindle: Kindle Countdown Deal 6 67 Oct 03, 2014 03:58AM
Amazon Kindle: Kindle Countdown Deal 1 17 Jan 02, 2014 05:42AM
Indie Authors & F...: Kindle Countdown Deal 1 1 Jan 02, 2014 05:39AM
Indie Authors & F...: Kindle Countdown Deal 1 2 Dec 30, 2013 06:27PM
Aussie Readers: New Release Cold Fear 4 15 Nov 19, 2013 02:05AM
Advanced Copies f...: Seeking reviews for Cold Fear- Suspense with a touch of romance 1 12 Nov 18, 2013 06:19AM
Amazon Kindle: New Release Cold Fear 1 7 Nov 17, 2013 08:14AM
Author of Romance and Suspense set in remote Australia.

I was born on the edge of the outback in NSW, Australia. From there I pursued life from the hot, red dust of cattle country to our cities and small country towns. I've mustered sheep on a horse and a motorbike, spotlighted for foxes and learned to shoot a rifle, dived the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding islands, speared fish, swam with sha
More about Suzanne Brandyn...