Start by marking “Barely Behaving Daughters” as Want to Read:
Barely Behaving Daughters

Barely Behaving Daughters

It is a sad little girl who only plays by the rules. Annette, Beatrice, Cleo, Dorothy and their twenty two friends do as they please in this witty, beautifully illustrated and highly imaginative alphabet. Across swamps, plains and high-plateaus, on foot, unicycles or in boats, the barely behaving daughters surprise us at every page. Spunky characters, creative ...more
Published September 30th 2013 by Mardick Press

To ask other readers questions about Barely Behaving Daughters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barely Behaving Daughters

Margo S
Dec 05, 2013 Margo S rated it it was amazing
As a fan of P.M. Neist, I was excited to dig into my copy of Barely Behaving Daughters. I was not disappointed. Each letter of the English alphabet is represented by a free-thinking girl and her mischievous deed – all in alliteration. My favorite is “A is for Annette who almost ate all the ants.”

The illustrations, also by P.M. Neist, are detailed, rich and reminiscent of Edward Gorey. I love the scruffy girls in this book. With all of the nice, sweet books on the market, it is refreshing to read
Harriet
Feb 20, 2016 Harriet rated it it was amazing
What a surprisingly fun book! The understated humor accompanied with the detailed illustrations make this book a delight. This is an alphabet book, but really an ABC book for adults, especially women. I gave a copy to each of my grown daughters and then bought one for myself. I want to show everyone. Neist is overflowing with talent both as a writer and an artist. I can't wait to see more from her!
William Cutherell
Nov 11, 2013 William Cutherell rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most unique and creative books that I have read. Barely Behaving Daughters deals with the adventures of how daughters grow up and live life. Being a father of two daughters, I appreciate the story behind the story. Very funny, creative, well drawn, and unique in how the author weaves her experiences into her characters and brings them to life. I recommend this book to whoever wants to laugh and learn.
Marie-pierre Stien
Marie-pierre Stien rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Kay Sarver
Kay Sarver rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013