Start by marking “Worth Waiting For (FIT Guys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worth Waiting For (FIT Guys, #1)

Worth Waiting For (FIT Guys #1)

When Colby earned a swimming scholarship to the Falconer Institute of Training, he expected to spend all his time either training or studying, but that was before he looked out of his living room window and straight into the dance studio opposite.

It’s taken Noah years, but he’s finally got his life in order. He teaches dance classes all day, hits the clubs every night and
Published October 23rd 2013 by Kim Dare (first published October 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Worth Waiting For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth Waiting For

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

I description Kim Dare. There. I said it. She writes the best feel-good BDSM; it's like wrapping up in a fluffy, fleecey blanket. She also has a penchant for writing tooth achingly sweet submissive characters that make me want to hug and shield them from all the riff raff of the world.

As you may have guessed, I have a weakness for sweet submissives and/or slaves which explains my weakness for slavefic, and Kim Dare delivers again with Colby. Colby, Colby, Colby... *sigh* H
A.B. Gayle
Oct 31, 2013 A.B. Gayle rated it it was amazing
Did you hear me squee? Even from across the other side of the world?

Kim Dare is my comfort read. The only auto-buy author I have. I make no apologies for that. Heck, we all have them. I love her short "Meet and Get Together kinky books" She does those brilliantly.

I also liked "Duck" and "Magpie" but they were paranormal and I much prefer contemporary.

I've often finished reading her books and wished there was more story. Some conflict to test whether the relationship is really going to go the dis
Serena Yates
Mar 02, 2014 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, bdsm-and-d-s
While this is an excellent D/s story, with Colby and Noah slowly learning each of their roles, it is also so much more as it shows how each of these men defines love as well as how they see relationships. I loved the slow, almost unnoticeable, transformation the somewhat rough around the edges Noah goes through, all caused by Colby's unerring belief that they belong together. It wasn't what I expected, but I think it was very romantic (totally between the lines) and rather sweet.

Colby is somethi
Vivian
Oct 22, 2013 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp, own
Satisfyingly sweet.

Damn that made me smile...like big, goofy grin. I don't often admit to those, but, yeah...

Colby is the kind of guy that is perfect, but often when we meet this guy we totally don't get how awesome or rare a commodity he is. Straight forward, honest, good-natured, and deliciously unreserved in carnal matters. Never ashamed, but accepting of both others and himself. In essence--a gem.

Noah, independent and having spent way too much time on his own with people who don't really spe
Sunny
Oct 24, 2013 Sunny rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, athletes
This wasn't a typical Kim Dare story, yet I wasn't disappointed. Well, maybe a bit, because I adore her other stories, but this was so sweet, and so hot, it made up for the difference.

Kim Dare is a master at creating sexual tension. Sometimes I catch myself holding my breath, almost like my whole body is focused on the scene. Those scenes are five stars. With glitter. Colby and Noah were great characters, and so flippin' hot together. That said, I did have some disconnect going on, a little cog
Elizabetta

Colby wanted Noah and for three years he waited for him.

Noah, beautiful dancer, beautiful loner, had told him, ‘come back when you’re eighteen’ . So Colby obeyed, waited and watched Noah from afar. He’ll do whatever it takes.

Colby may seem a little obsessive when it comes to his sexy neighbor across the way, but he wants Noah the minute he sets eyes on him. He bides his time, all those years (a life-time when you’re fifteen!!), living with his older brother, Tony, and dedicated to h
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Feb 13, 2014 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-on-kindle, bdsm, m-m
I think Kim Dare's first name should start with a C for "Crack" as I think that's my level of addiction to her books. Usually not too complicated in plot or character they are just fun to read. I really enjoyed how dedicated Colby was and I did not feel it actually that strange that he was so obsessed with Noah. I felt it matched his personality - a guy who knows what he wants and goes for it. Any sort of professional athlete (which is basically what he was) would demonstrate this type of ...more
Emma Sea
Mar 10, 2014 Emma Sea rated it really liked it
I put off reading this for ages, because of the series being set around the Falconer Institute of Training. I assumed it was a series about athletes, who are way down on my list of enjoyable characters. I was dead wrong. While technically Colby and Noah might both be athletes, this is actually a familiar Kim Dare sugarkink story. Which is a good thing.

When I say that it's familiar, there is a subtly different flavor here. It's not just the G-A-Y/Rawlings Men series rebooted.

For a more informat
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is a sweet new series from talented Ms. Dare. I love Ms. Dare stories because the romance in them make me feel so good. If I am a bit down, I can depend upon Ms. Dare's books to bring up me.

Ms. Dare's super power is writing characters with chemistry. In this one, the chemistry is off the charts. Colby and Noah are an unlikely pair. Their experiences in life are completely opposite. For Colby, being gay is no different than being straight. It's irrelevant because he is more than just a post
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Sizzling! Colby was the perfect boyfriend, almost too good to be true. I'm still not convinced Noah deserved him. I didn't like Noah, even after I learned more about his background. He was prickly, always pushing Colby away. And I'm not sure I believed Colby would fall in love with Noah to the exclusion of every other man just from watching him dance, even as a parade of guys went through the revolving door. It was self-inflicted torture.

Once the guys got together, the heat index sky-r
Oct 26, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, sports-related
Thank heavens, another series from Kim Dare to look forward to. This one has been well worth waiting for.
Tori Thompson
Jan 09, 2014 Tori Thompson rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! I've read lots of Kim Dare's books, but the last few have been very short and a bit fluffy. This one had some great characters, with real depth, and a great story.

Colby is young, very young when they first meet (15 I think), he sees Noah across the street and falls in lust. Follows him to a club, Noah turns him down and tells him to come find him when he's 18. Then follows three years of slightly creepy teenage stalking....

The day Colby turns 18, he's out stalking Noa
K
Colby has been watching Noah since he was 15, literally, through a telescope from the flat he shares with his brother, whilst Noah teaches, and dances, in the studio opposite. Colby first approaches Noah when underage, and is turned down flat, but told to come back when he turns 18. Much to Noah’s surprise Colby does exactly that – but Colby doesn’t do relationships, but Noah really won’t take no for an answer. The pair develop a D/s style relationship with Noah firmly in charge – but m
Pamela Su
Feb 12, 2014 Pamela Su rated it really liked it
A lot of Kim Dare's works are fun, PWP erotica stories that are a pleasure to read. This is one of the full-length stories that are not only fun, erotic and hot but comes with an entertaining story as well.

I really loved how non-creepy Colby's stalking came across. Under normal circumstances, I'd be telling Noah to go get a restraining order or something. But Colby's sweet devotion just pulled it off without even a twinge of concern on my part.

While I like how we got glimpses of Colby and Noah's
Shannon
Jan 11, 2014 Shannon rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite Kim Dare books to date. It felt like an entire story instead of just a little snippet of one. We got to know these guys and they just worked together even though it didn't seem like they should. A jaded 20ish guy and an innocent jock boy who watched him dance for years before he finally turned 18 and could do something about it. Very sweet and kinky and sexy! Now I wait for #2. Who will it be about?? A teammate? His brother? I'm really looking forward to it.
Jane (PS)
Sep 27, 2014 Jane (PS) rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
I'm not really keen on BDSM and the characters were a little too convenient in their kinks/desires, but I can see why this has a good rating. A solid positive for me was that I liked the way Kim Dare handled the 'bad' man - (view spoiler).
jenTed
Sorry I'm not much into the reviewing mood right now. Really like the book, 3.5 stars ( sorry I round down), definitely better than a 3 but not quite a 4 for me. Colby was very sweet, almost too sweet. Noah, too hardcore for what I'd think a dancer would be. Overall, a good read..
Silkeeeeee
What the heck? It just kind of stopped. Okay, we'll, there are some BDSM elements. Not real hardcore but there.  There's definitely nothing manilla. Other than child-like infatuation, I really did not feel the chemistry between these two.
Amy
Oct 31, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
This was a very sweet story, with two incredible guys! I look forward to reading the next book in this new series. Maybe Tony will get his story next.
Booklover95
Nov 02, 2013 Booklover95 rated it really liked it
This is definelty not like Kim dares usual books, yet it was a lot more enjoyable for me.
Ann
Jul 31, 2014 Ann rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ann by: Santa Unicorn
Oh Colby, how I loveth thee . . . . .
Manda
Oct 23, 2013 Manda rated it really liked it
Noah is a firecracker of a dancer, a professional dance teacher with a past that broke his young heart and made him lose trust with people and affected the way he viewed himself. (The story downs't go deep enough into the past experiences of the characters which robbed one star from my rating) Colby is pure innocence and lovely submission wrapped in a hunky swimmer's body. He sets his eyes on Noah when he is fifteen and keeps him dear in his heart till he is allowed to collect the promise Noah ...more
Joyfully Jay
Mar 13, 2014 Joyfully Jay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Author Kim Dare gives us a much longer story than her usual fare and in doing so turns Worth Waiting For into a sweet love story that has snarls and potential disasters along the way. This author rarely fails to deliver characters that tug at your heartstrings and these two boys, Colby and Noah, are no exception. We literally watch Colby grow up and morph into a tenacious lover from the innocent boy who harbored a crush for the man across the way. Little did Colby kn
Chris Cox
Feb 21, 2014 Chris Cox rated it really liked it
There are not many authors who can make an obsessed teenage stalker grow into a sweet and gentle lover, but Kim Dare pulls it off. This story is short,but no less poignant for its brevity. What this reader found fascinating was determined, persistent strength of the younger MC in the face of the resistance of the older MC. Telling you about the D/s relationship might be too much of a spoiler. Let's just say that ever facet of the characters dovetails with the other, even the weakness of the Dom ...more
Karen
Oct 24, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
I really like Kim Dare's books but there are 3 of them that totally stand out for me - the first is Duck the second is perfect timing 6 the stoke of midnight (Mr Templeton mmmmm) and the third is With Love which was just gorgeous. This one has been added to the list that stand out for me. Just lovely. Reading this felt a little different to all of the other Kim Dare books I've read (and I have read a lot of them) but I can't pin down exactly what it is. Maybe because it is a longer story the ...more
Cindy
Nov 04, 2014 Cindy rated it really liked it
This is a story about a man who ultimately learns that he isn't the garbage that his family and those around him told him was his entire life and that the love a good man can set your heart free.

Noah is constantly amazed that Corey hasn't been ostracized by his family or his teammates. He has a hard time figuring out how to handle the pure and simple love that Corey gives him. Why does this man not expect more? How can his love and spirit be so pure?

But Noah does learn the lesson and we are all
starsaga
Colby was the star of this book.
I love the characters KD writes, in this case Colby. He was a sweet gentle soul who should be protected and nurtured and just never ever hurt. I was happy with this short book, it went through the stages of Noah and Colby's relationship sort of gradually, the sex started almost too early and the relationship was never fully described but fortunately for me, any book with a hero like Colby would be a good book for me. Great book and now i want to go ahead and read
Steph
Nov 01, 2013 Steph rated it really liked it
I will probably expand this review later on. I just wanted to put something in here for now. I have read several of Kim Dare's books, and while they're usually decent and kinda hot and fun to read, I have never been overly impressed with her books and am hesitant to read new ones when they come out. This one was different. I LOVED this book. I was very close to giving it a 5, but something is stopping me. This book was well written, sad and sweet, and even if the dysfunctionality of the main ...more
Amber
Aug 18, 2014 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-bdsm-kink
This is a very sweet, very sexy little story. I like Colby and his patience in waiting to get Noah. Cute puppy/stalker love turns into some very hot kinky love. Noah is has a nice mix of vulnerability and defensiveness which becomes even more interesting with his Dom tendencies. There isn't a lot to this story for drama but it just has such a good balance of romance and sex that I can't help but love it.
Jilrene ♥
Aug 29, 2014 Jilrene ♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of M/M sugar kink
This book hit all my favorites: damaged hero, sweet/loving boyfriend, catharsis and HEA. Oh, and really great sex. Noah will break your heart, he truly doesn't think he's loveable. Colby will make you believe in people, because he loves Noah. I moved this book to the favorites collection on my Kindle. That's where I put books I think I'll read again. It's a small collection, but a very loved one. I can easily recommend this book for M/M readers. It's not super long; it's a just right bite. ;)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • The Boy Who Belonged (Boy, #2)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • The Dark Collector
  • Apartment 1209
  • Mountain Prey
  • Call Me Sir (Sir, #1)
  • Calling the Show
  • As He Watches
  • Mission: X (Mission X, #1)
  • Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore, #2)
  • His Heart Belongs to Daddy
  • Tailor Made (Tailor Made, #1)
  • Exodus (The House of Silence, #1)
  • His Roommate's Pleasure
  • Trusting Thomas (Collars and Cuffs, #2)
  • Sins of the Father (Angel and the Assassin, #3)
  • Tough Love (Special Delivery, #3)
Kim is a thirty year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably always wi
More about Kim Dare...

FIT Guys (3 books)
  • Worth a Shot (FIT Guys, #2)
  • Tony's Move (FIT Guys, #2.5)